Three sets of Claws

By NovelistSadist

What if I told you those fairytale creatures were real? That werewolves and vampires really do hate each othe... More

This is The Sad Part
Pure Unbridled Rage
Is This a Cutscene?
Sugar, Spice, and I've Almost died Twice
The Wolves Den
Memories Are The Worst Form of Torture
Meet the Parents
Family Not So Fun Times
Bitches Make Me Cry
How Was my Innocent Mind Supposed to Process That?
Don't Shoot the Messenger Even if He's Already Dead
What Was That?
New Developments, and Murder
A Date With Destiny and The Kings
Introductions? Why? They Know Who I Am
Wild Emotions
A Grand Ball
Marked and Mated
After Effects
No Way In Hell
I'm Not Delicate!
Torture? My Favorite
Empty
Rest In Peace... Not Yet
A Star is Born
Book Two!

The Thought of Losing you, Scares me

94.3K 2.3K 487
By NovelistSadist

Alpha King Damien's P.O.V.

Driving was a bad idea, the whole reason I came on this trip was to let my wolf be free. I shouldn't have even brought the damn car with us, and should've just ran along with them.

"Forgive us Alpha, but in order for you to remain protected you must stay with in the vehicle", my Beta Cade explains.

"Are you saying I need protection? Am I NOT the King!?" I shout, my dominance and Alpha tone leaking into my voice.

I watch my Beta and Gamma squirm around in their seats, a small smirk forms on my face as they sputter for an answer.

"Gentlemen relax, I'm only messing with you," I amusedly say.

The both release a sigh of relief.

Because we had left late in the morning we should arrive at the Blood Lust pack at about lunch time, and with any luck we should leave before dinner's ready.

About halfway to the Blood Lust pack my wolf started to get antsy again. Even though it had practically taken me an hour to get him to settle and be calm. I knew I should have stopped and let him out, now I gotta deal with his moody ass.

"Somethings wrong", he voiced.

"Could you be more specific?", I inquired.

"Something" he vaguely replied.

That's helpful, I thought bitterly.

I swear talking to him is like having a conversation with my anxiety, which ironically usually starts to spiral after a conversation with him.

By the time we finally arrived at the pack their were two things that were pissing me the hell off.

One my wolf, who decided to be antsy and cryptic, which is unfortunately, like him. The other thing was that I was starving, because of the pathetic excuse of a rogue attack this morning I didn't get a chance to eat before this trip.

As we came to a stop in front of their pack house we immediately got out of the cars, man it feels good to stretch my legs.

We walked up the stairs of the pack house, a few pack members bowed their heads as we walked by.

Some even coward away in fear, they were definitely up to something I could feel it in my gut, which only pissed me off more. When we got to the door it was already being opened by an omega, and in the doorway stood a very nervous looking beta, he was practically sweating bullets.

They were definitely up to something...

"We weren't expecting you today Alpha King, won't you please come in?" The beta asked while fidgeting with his fingers.

I said nothing in response, only walked further into the house, before I managed to take more than five steps into the house I was overwhelmed by the most alluring scent, chocolates and strawberries, but the scent was almost overpowered by the smell of copper, the scent of blood.

"Mate, go to mate!"

"What?"

"Mates hurt, find mate!"

And with that I dart off in the direction of my mates scent, with several of my warriors following me still in the wolf form, along with my beta Cade and my gamma Daniel. I was soon led into the pack kitchen, what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend, that pathetic excuse of an Alpha's son was holding- no, strangling my mate.

The sight itself made my blood boil, and that was saying something, because out of my three brothers I'm usually the one with the level head.

Suddenly I couldn't hold back anymore, all I saw was red, then I lost control of my wolf.

"Mate! Mine!" I thundered, every bit of my power and authority dripping from my voice.

Alpha Josh, jumped back startled from my voice, my mate dropping to floor in the process, a small wince and whimper came from her.

He's gonna pay for that

I barely acknowledged when Alpha Josh started to back away, I merely focused on my bruised mate, as she reached her small hand out for me.

I'm coming sweetheart, I just need to clear a few things up

With one quick motion I was holding the scum of the earth, Alpha Josh, by his neck I didn't even wait to hear his pleas I simply snapped his neck.

I bent down and scooped up my mate, sparks erupted even through the clothes she wore, if you could even call them that. She was barely skin and bones, she looked so small and delicate, she had bruises covering her face, her jaw looked swollen but even then she was still the most beautiful being I had ever seen.

One of her eyes was almost sealed shut, she had several purple hand prints around her neck, based on her face I can only imagine what the rest of her body must look like.

As I was holding her, I started to feel something wet, it was coming from her back, and the scent of blood immediately getting stronger, while her heartbeat simultaneously got weaker.

"Daniel! Mind link the hospital, and tell them to get the royal wing ready!" I snapped to my Gamma.

"Yes, Alpha", He replied curtly.

"Cade! Come with me, driving is going to take to long I'm going to shift and run with her to the hospital", I explained.

I cradled my mates limp body as we walked towards the front of the pack house, passing several stunned faces along the way, but I couldn't give a rats ass about them. And they can be sure they would get what they deserve in time.

But now the only that mattered to me was the limp girl I held in my arms.

I gently pass my mate to my beta then shifted into my midnight black wolf, a few of my warriors shifted as well. Cade placed my mate onto my back, making sure she wouldn't fall off.

As soon as she was settled we darted off in the direction of the pack hospital.

On the way there I opened the mind link between me and my two brothers, they needed to be aware of the situation, they would also want to be with her, and help her heal.

"Guys, I found our mate!" I blurt out barely containing my excitement.

"What!?" Shouted Xavier.

"When? Where!?How!!" Lucian asked appearing to get louder with every question he asked.

" I found her at that filthy Blood Lust pack, I need you guys to meet me at the hospital in the royal wing".

"What!?!" They both shouted in unison.

I quickly blocked them both off needing to focus on the precious limp body on my back.

Because we were running instead of driving it only took us about 45 minutes to finally reach the hospital, we came to a stop at the front of the hospital where doctors and nurses were already waiting for us, they took her off my back and it took all of my restraint to not growl at them.

They placed her on a gurney and wheeled her off into the hospital, me following closely behind, all in a blur we were in the royal wing on the highest floor. As the doctors and nurses took her into a separate room passing my brothers along the way.

Alpha King Lucian's P.O.V.

I smelled her before I saw her, she smelt like fresh strawberries and the sweetest chocolate. But there was something else mixed in, blood.

"Mate, mates hurt"

My wolf whimpered and whined.

Xavier and I shot out of seats when we heard the commotion coming from down the hall, doctors and nurses were surrounding a gurney. They were surrounding our mate, as they passed by me and Xavier, I only caught a glimpse of her, but she looked so fragile and breakable.

We saw Damien still in his wolf form, I tossed him some clothes, which he caught in his mouth.

Gross

He went into the closet room he could find, unfortunately that room was occupied so that resulted in a woman screaming.

After me and Xavier finally stopped laughing we saw Damion walking over to where me and Xavier were.

"What the hell happened to her?" I asked Damion, my voice a barely audible whisper, but I knew he could hear me.

"I don't know, when I got there... she was being held up by her throat, I didn't really want to stop and ask questions, my main thought was to save her", he deadpanned.

I just nodded back in response, I didn't really know what else to do. We finally found our mate but she's hurt, we should've looked harder, searched longer.

After a painfully agonizing five hours the doctor came out,

"Alpha's we've stabilized her, she had numerous broken bones, she was severely malnourished, we had to stitch up the lacerations on her back we believe they were caused by a whip, we have got her on several IVs the help speed up the healing process, and at the moment she's asleep but it's her call for when she decides to wake up," the words rushed out of his mouth.

We all just nodded dumbly to the doctor, then we slowly walked into the room. My eyes immediately went to the small person in the middle of the king size bed, their were tubes and wires all around her and an annoying beeping.

I walked toward the right side of the bed and pulled up a chair and gently grabbed her small hand and held it. My eyes never leaving her soft face.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw, Xavier had done the same thing on her left side doing his best to avoid the tubes and wires, and Damien, well Damien was at the edge of the bed just staring at her as well.

And we stayed like that for who knows how long, only ever getting up to relieve ourselves. What a twist of cruel fate, we find our mate but she's injured and hurt. Those bastards at Bloodlust pack would pay dearly for this...

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.5K 2.6K 51
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...
7.5M 229K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...
5.8K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
60.1K 1.9K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...