My Complicated Life! (AU Harr...

Door sassygirl93

Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coo... Meer

My Complicated Life! (AU Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 66:
Chapter 67:
Chapter 68:
Chapter 69:
Chapter 70:
Chapter 71:
Chapter 72:
Chapter 73:
Chapter 74:
Chapter 75
Chapter 76:
Chapter 77:
Chapter 78
Chapter 79:
Epilogue:

Chapter 53:

12.3K 376 102
Door sassygirl93

A/N: I loved reading all of your comments on the last chapter… I want you all to keep this in mind “Nothing is as it seems” While you read this story… That’s all I’m going to say. Enjoy this chapter.

Eva’s POV

“Who are you texting?” I ask a giggling Niall.

“No one.” He lies.

“Really? Because you’re blushing.” I pinch his cheek, he swats my hand away. I laugh and sit down next to him.

“If I tell you, you can’t be mad at me.” He puts his phone down and turns to face me.

“Oo-kay, now I’m nervous.” I laugh softly.

“Holly, I’m talking to Holly.” He looks down at his lap.

“My co-worker slash friend Holly?” I clarify.

“Yeah.” He says nervously.

“Aw, you two are perfect for each other.” I clap my hands excitedly.

“You don’t mind that we are talking?” He raises his eyebrows, shocked.

“Why would I be?”

“Cause, we are supposed to be ‘dating’.” He made air quotes when he said ‘dating’.

“About that… um… I don’t want to pretend to be together anymore.” I feel like I’m actually breaking up with him.

“I was going to tell you when I got back last night, but you were sleeping when I got home.” I add.

“Really? Why?” He asks.

“I want to move on and I can’t really do that if I’m fake dating you.” I laugh quietly.

“Wait, seriously?” He raises his eyebrows.

“Yupp, don’t make a big deal out of it.” I stand up and walk to the kitchen.

“Oooookay.” He drags out.

“I’m heading to work, I’ll talk to you later.” I grab an apple and my purse, and walk to the front door.

“Okay, see you.” He waves.

As soon as I get to work I tease Holly about Niall… She tells me they ran into each other at a restaurant the day after I left for London. They started talking and exchanged numbers, and they haven’t stopped talking since. I’m glad they found each other, they both deserve to be happy. They are actually going on a date tomorrow night, hopefully it goes well.

“I need those financial specs on my desk in an hour.” Harry pokes his head out of his office.

“Yes, sir.” I nod, a quizzical look spreads over his face.

“Anything else?” I ask.

“Um—not right now.” He nods. I nod in reply and go back to the financial specs.

“Here you go. Can I go to lunch?” I ask Harry as I place the specs on his desk.

“Yeah sure, just make sure you’re back in an hour.” He nods. 

“Okay.” I nod and walk out of his office. I grab my phone and my purse before I leave my office and go to a little diner for lunch.

“Are you waiting for someone or—“ An older women with red hair asks.

“Nope, it’s just me.” I smile.

“Okay, what can I get you today?” she asks.

“May I just get a BLT and a coke?”

“Of course, I’ll have that right out.” She smiles as she writes it down.

As I wait for my lunch I check my email. I have a few stupid advertisement emails and then a new email from Detective Johnson.

Eva,

I looked into the suspicious activity on Jimmy’s bank statements… he is sending flowers, but they aren’t being sent to your home or work. I personally think he is covering his tracks and making sure that no one can track the flowers back to him. We both know how well he hides his tracks…

Now I don’t want to freak you out, but Jimmy is in NYC. He didn’t touch base with his parole officer last week, so they tacked his cell phone and they pinged his cell phone in NYC. I need you to lay low and have someone with you at all times. I have some friends at NYPD and they are currently looking for him. I’m leaving NC today and I’ll be in the city in a few hours. I’m going to find him Eva and I won’t let him hurt you this time.

I’ll call you when I get there, so we can meet up and talk. Do you still have the same number?

Detective Jake Johnson.

“Here you go.” The waitress startles me, by putting down my plate.

“Can I actually have this to go?” I ask her.

“Of course,” She smiles, takes my plate, and walks to the kitchen. I take a deep breath and send Jake a reply giving him my new phone number.

“Here you go sweetie.” She hands me a bag with my lunch, and to go cup with some coke.

“Thank you.” I pull out a twenty dollar bill and put it on the table.

“Keep the change.” I tell her.

“That’s a fourteen dollar tip.” Her eyes widen.

“I know.” I smile.

“Thank you.” She smiles back. I walk out of the diner, pull my phone out, and dial my dad’s cell phone, as I walk back to work.

“Hey, beautiful.” He answers cheerfully.

“Hey, I need to tell you something, but you can’t freak out.” I tell him.

“That makes me freak out.” He laughs nervously.

“Jake emailed me again—he can’t prove Jimmy sent the flowers, but he can prove that he is in the City.” I pause to take a deep breath.

“Jake has some friends here at the NYPD… So Jake and the NYPD are going to work together to find him.” My eyes start to well up as everything finally sets in. Jimmy is in NYC and he’s most likely stalking me again.

“Eva, I’m coming up there.” My dad states firmly.

“No, I’ll be fine. Niall and Jake will keep me safe, and he can’t get to me at work.” I try to convince him, even though I’m really convincing myself.

“I don’t like this Eva. I have a really bad feeling.” He sighs.

“I’ll be safe. I have my pepper spray and stun gun with me at all times.” I assure him.

“We both know that won’t stop him.” Dad reminds me.

“I know dad, but I can’t hide away in my apartment… he sent flowers there.”

“HE WHAT!” he yells.

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

“You’ve got to stop hiding things from me.” He groans.

“I will. Look I’m back at work, I’ll text you later.”

“Text me when you get home later.” He demands.

“Okay, love you.”

“Love you too sweeties, be safe.”

“I will, bye.”

“Bye.” He hangs up.

“You’re back early.” Holly greets me as soon as I get off the elevator.

“Yeah, I’m just going to eat in the break room.” I force myself to smile.

“Okay.” She nods and answers the ringing phone in front of her. I walk to the break room and sit down at the empty table.

“I thought you were taking your lunch?” Harry asks/states.

“I am.” I point to my sandwich.

“Everything okay?” He steps into the break room, closing the door behind him.

“Yeah.” I lie.

“Are you sure? You look—nervous.” He presses.

“Yupp.” I nod.

“You can tell me anything.” He sits down in front of me.

“No I can’t, but I’m fine—really.” I tell him.

“Yes, you can. You can tell me anything, but you obviously don’t want to talk, so I’ll leave you to your lunch.” He nods, stands up, and moves towards the door.

“I’m throwing a work part at my house next Friday to show my appreciation for all your hard work.” He pauses and turns around to face me.

“Okay, how come I’m just now finding out about this?” I asks.

“I just decided to do it this morning.” He shrugs.

“Oh okay.”

“I will leave a list of things I need you to arrange.” He says as if it’s weird to ask me.

“That’s my job.” I remind him, he nods.

“Have a nice lunch.” He gives me one last smile before he leaves the break room.

After lunch I take a look at the list Harry left on my desk. Caterer, entertainment, decorations, security, and a few other things. He wrote at the bottom of the list the vision he has for the party. He wants it to be elegant, classy, but more of a cocktail party feel. I think it’s nice that he wants to throw a work party to show his appreciation, but I find it weird that he is having it at his house.

I spend the rest of the day lining up a caterer, a harpist (Harry came out of his office asking me to get one), and someone to supply the alcohol. As soon as I finish all of that I went straight home. I cook tacos for dinner, so I can keep Niall calm when I tell him about Jimmy.

“I’m not leaving you alone until he’s caught.” Niall tenses.

“I’ll cancel my date with Holly tomorrow night.” He adds.

“No you’re not. You are going on that date, and you’ll have a lot of fun.” I tell him sternly.

“You can’t be home alone right now—you aren’t safe.” He tells me as if I don’t already know that.

“I’m not much safer with you, he doesn’t care who is with me—if he wants to get to me he will.” I state the terrifying truth. Niall and I weren’t very close when Jimmy started stalking me the first time. We got close after Jimmy was arrested.

“Fine, but I’ll be back by nine.” He stands up and puts his empty plate in the sink.

“Okay.” I sigh knowing I won’t change his mind.

“While you clean up dinner I’m going to take a quick shower.”

“Sneaky bitch.” He laughs.

“I cooked, so you can clean.” I wink at him, then run to my room.

“Bitch.” He calls after me, I laugh. I strip out of my work clothes and step into the shower.

---

“You look nice.” I tell Niall as he emerges from his room. He’s getting ready to go pick up Holly for their date.

“That’s good, I’ve changed a million times.” He is nervous, and it’s super cute.

“It will be fine. She’s already like you, so just be yourself.” I tell him.

“I forgot how nerve wracking it is to go on a date with someone I like.” He laughs nervously.

“That just shows how much you truly like her. Now go before she thinks you stood her up.” I push him towards the door.

“Are you sure you will be okay?” He asks me again.

“Yes, and Jake is at a hotel a few blocks away—he told me to call him if I need anything, so yeah.” I shrug.

“Now go.” I open the door and push him out.

“Fine, text me every hour.” He tells me, I roll my eyes and slam the door in his face.

“Love you.” I shout to him.

“You too.” He calls back. I walk to the couch, sit down and curl up under the blanket, and start the movie I had ready to go.

Harry’s POV

“Thanks for meeting me—I needed some guy time.” I tell my friend. I called my friend up earlier today and asked if he would meet me for an early dinner. I needed to talk to someone about Candice, the wedding, and the baby.

“I don’t blame you.” He laughs.

“Thanks for listeni—“ I stop mid-sentence when I see Niall and holly sitting in a dark corner, holding hands, over a candle lit table.

“What’s wrong?” My friend asks as I stand up.

“I can’t believe them.” I growl and storm over the table.

“How could you do this to her?” She trusts you both.” I slam my fists on their table. They both look shocked and Holly looks a bit terrified.

“You don’t understand, it’s complicated.” Holly squeals.

“Seems simple to me, you’re both betraying her in the worst way possible.” I growl.

Niall stands up as he speaks. “What’s going on has nothing to do with—“ I shut him up with my fist.

“OH MY GOD!” Holly squeaks as she rushes to his side, his nose his bleeding.

“You don’t deserve her.” I growl.

“Neither do you.” Niall winces.

“Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” An employee tells me.

“Come on man let’s go.” My friends pulls me away from the table and out of the restaurant.

“What the hell was that?” He asks me once we are outside.

Eva's POV

The door knob starts to jingle and I look at the clock—it’s only seven thirty—who’s at the door. The door opens and both Niall and Holly walk through the door.

“You’re back earl—what the hell happened to your face.” I leap off the couch.

“Harry happened.” Niall spits.

I look to Holly. “Harry?”

“Yeah, he saw us at dinner and he flipped out… he punched him.” Holly explains.

“Are you freaking serious.” I groan.

“He was pissed and he made a huge scene.” Holly helps Niall to the couch.

“He hasn’t tried calling you or texting you?” Niall asks surprised.

“My phone died, so it’s in my room charging.”

“Let me go get it.” I walk to my room to get my phone. I sigh when I see the many texts and missed calls from Harry.

“He called three times and texted me a bunch of times to call him back.” I tell them.

“Of course.” Niall sighs in frustration. Holly is using a wet paper towel to wipe the dry blood off of his face. I grab my keys and put on my sweatshirt to cover up my flimsy tank top.

“Where are you going?” Niall asks.

“To his house to give him a piece of my mind.” I tell him.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Holly asks.

“He has been stepping into my personal life way too much lately and it needs to stop!” I yell.

“Don’t go Eva, you’re being irrational.” Niall stands up and takes a step towards me.

“I’m not being irrational—HE IS!” I yell before I leave the apartment. Luckily the elevator doors open as I step out of the apartment, our neighbor steps off as I walk in. I press the button to close the door, so Niall can’t come out and stop me.

I get a cab and give the driver Harry’s address (I know it from planning the work party). You’d think that the thirty minute drive would’ve calmed me down, but really it did the opposite. I’m even angrier than I was when I left my apartment.

“Would you like me to wait?” The cabby asks.

“Give me twenty minutes.” It ell him.

“Okay, just don’t kill anyone.” He says playfully. I guess my anger is a bit obvious.

I won’t.” I get out of the cab and storm up to the front door. I lift my hand and start pounding on the door until Candice opens it.

“Why the hell are you here?” She looks shocked. I push past her and walk into the giant house.

“Where is he?”

“Where is who?” God she is so stupid.

“Harry… where is he?” I shout.

“Right here.” I turn around and glare at a shirtless Harry.

“What give you the right to continuously meddle in my life?” I push his chest.

“He’s cheating on you with Holly, I saw it with my own eyes.” He’s getting angry.

“NO HE ISN’T.” I yell.

“What the hell is going on?” Candice asks. I turn to look at a very confused Candice.

“Your fiancé is going around punching people he has no right too—oh and he is calling people about things that don’t concern him.” I tell her. I haven’t had the time to talk to Harry properly about calling my dad about the flowers, so I think now is the right time.

“I’m trying to look after you.” Harry sounds a little calmer.

“You lost that right four years ago when you broke up with me.” I snarl.

“Broke up? You two knew each other before she started working for you—and you two dated? How long?” She turns and asks me.

“A year.” I shrug. I’m shocked that she didn’t know about our past. I figured that’s why she hated/hates me so much.

“A YEAR!” Candice screams.

“Calm down babe, it’s not good for the baby.” Harry steps towards her.

“Calm down? You want me to calm down? You dated her and you never told me!” Candice shouts.

“We can discuss this later.” Harry tells her sternly.

“No, we are talking about this now.” She snaps. I take this as my cue to leave… I think I got my point across. Maybe now that Candice knows everything then he will finally stay out of my personal life.

“We still need to talk.” He calls after me.

“No, we don’t! Stay out of my personal life!” I scream. I turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm to stop me, I spin around and slap him across the face.

“Don’t you dare touch me” I push him and walk out of his house and storm towards my cab.

A/N: I just want to give @Makayla_xo a shoutout for calling Niall and Holly getting together, when I read your comment I giggled, because I already had this chapter written so I was like she will get her wish this chapter lol…

I hope you all liked this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it!

And can I just say my obsession with Jamie Dornan is REAL!!! I freaking love him and his personality.

I also love Dakota Johnson… we’d get along all too well :D

So I guess you can guess I’m really excited to see 50 shades of grey!!! (If you hate on this book I will delete the comment just so you know)

I hope you’re all having a good week/day!

Love,

Allie

P.S. The next chapter will be up on Friday!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

309 0 29
Billie Jo Williams wants to be a singer, but no one takes her seriously. At twenty-two, she's only 4'8 and looks sixteen, her family ignores her for...
32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...
208K 5.8K 32
This is not the same story that starts with a girl who's been abused or been in an orphanage for her entire life. No,this is the story of how a girl...
63.8K 1.4K 34
Excerpt From Chapter 8: "I swear, she's such a pain in the ass," says Harry. That's when I had it. "You know what? You boys don't understand anything...