Abandoned Princess [Old versi...

By KissesOcean

"Princess. The title was never meant for me." The story starts with "Once upon a time" and ends up with "She... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 Part 1
Chapter 40 Part 2
Author's Note
Character Introduction 1
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Author's Note
Character Introduction 2
Characters
Arc 3 - Introduction
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Abandoned..Not

Chapter 100

15.4K 637 306
By KissesOcean

A father of three is difficult, especially when all three of them have entered the phase where they ignore most of the rules and freely do whatever they please. As the ruler of Luville Kingdom Edmund Drishti Arias might die not from an assault, poison, or betrayal but from the continuous worry for his children's actions and safety.

Are they being rebellious? The said father pondered thoughtfully.

Leaning back on the table his index finger taps on the flat surface of the wooden furniture. A habit that had develop when he's agitated.

If only he could lock them all up, specifically his second child, Elaine. Even though she's a cautious individual she attracts danger to herself. He fears that if he left his daughter alone she'll leave him for good.

"Being a father is hard," Lucas Bismarck spoke as the tapping sound against the table stops. The green-eyed captain stood by the wall near the door while he smiles sympathetically at Edmund.

He glanced at the door where Aiden went through a moment ago. When Elaine left for her study, that son of his always broods when left alone, but when Edmund and Lucas came back from the Cage Aiden's gloomy dull eyes were sparkling in liveliness. The young prince hasn't said anything but Edmund already knew the moment his son welcomed them with a wide happy smile and sparkle in his eyes that hadn't been there for the passed two years.

According to Aiden, he found Elaine, who should be at her school, at the foyer in this very abandoned mansion with Bwi and Priestess Irene. And there's also someone insignificant person with them.

"You'll understand how I feel someday." He sighed and added while looking at Lucas, "If you ever find a decent woman to be your wife before your life ends."

"That's a low blow, your majesty. Anyways, you heard the crown prince's report. Our princess didn't seem to have encountered any demons, so wipe that frown before you seeing your daughter. Might as well give her a warm embrace and a smile."

As if giving an example Lucas smiled flashing his perfect white teeth. It really does give him wonders why is this person still single.

"It's easier said than done. Don't you think she'll find it awkward or annoying? She's different from Magnolia. Would Elaine like to be hug by his father at her age?"

His finger started tapping again.

Elaine is a type of person who values personal space like a priceless gem.

"Aren't you a worrywart? How about I give the princess a welcoming hug on his majesty's behalf? Don't you think she'll realize my undying love for her and finally fall for me?" His eyes gleamed and lips curling slyly. "Shall I start calling you father?"

With a deadpan expression, Edmund stared straight into the captain's eyes.

"Then what about..." Lucas continued. "Daddy?"

This son of a—"Say that one more time, I dare you, Lucas Bismarck," Edmund said, very calmly, but his eyes glinting dangerously. "I swear I will kill you."

You know what, this bastard is better off being single for the rest of his life.

"I have a feeling that you're cursing me just now..."

"I wish that you die a virgin."

"Y-your ma-majesty... please take that back. When you say it, it feels like it will come true..."

Ignoring Lucas's desperate plead the blonde debated to himself if he should go check on Elaine before going to bed. Aiden probably went to check on Elaine and surely wake his sister up just to ask if she's real.

After subjugating the Cage he let Aiden take the lead on transferring the courtesans, victims or not, to a new place to stay for the night, while they hunt the perpetrators who escaped.

Was it a good thing Elaine found this place while looking for a shelter to stay from the raging storm? But thinking that she's here near the Cage... Edmund had a bad feeling about this. He knows that he shouldn't jump to conclusions like he did before but why would Elaine be in this area. If they were traveling back to the palace they wouldn't pass this place.

He raked his blonde hair back in frustration before crossing his arms over his chest. Another problem he realized just now, he hasn't found a present for Elaine. Should he throw a welcome party for her? It will be a good thing for Elaine since she hasn't made a debut in society.

A hesitant knock came pulling him from his thoughts.

"I... uhm. Excuse me for bothering you, we heard that you've arrive—"

Lucas opened the door not letting them finish. "It seems that you've been waiting for us, ladies. Why don't you come inside, it must be important for you to visit the boss at this late hour."

It was really late, almost three in the morning.

Three girls entered the room. Just by looking at them, you'll know that they're siblings, youthful attractive faces that were perfect in becoming a courtesan aside from the youngest. The oldest was about to speak when she stopped, staring at the blonde who's half seated on the table as if she had forgotten her objective.

Internally sighing Edmund asked eying them with disinterest, "State your business, miss."

Her face flushed red and sputtered an apology. While Lucas was watching with a stupid grin on his face like it was entertaining to see Edmund in this situation.

"M-my sisters and I would like to express our gratitude to our savior." They then lower their head bowing, the youngest took a peek and became widen in awe when her eyes met two piercing gold eyes. "Thank you for saving us, uh... sir. We also would like to know the name of our savior before leaving."

The sound of rain hitting the glass window had already ceased down.

Staring at them for a second or two before Edmund opened his mouth. "Leaving you say. I don't mind letting you all go, after all, I have finished my task and have no interest in taking all of you under my care. But before I speak of my name there's something I want to know." His eyes narrowed at the eldest in suspicion. The moment they stepped inside he immediately sense something different about them. "What are you?"

Taken aback they looked at each other with troubled faces.

"We're mermaids!" The youngest of them informed. A child who's no more than twelve.

Whether if he was surprised or not he didn't show it, he just furrowed his brows slightly at the statement and looked at them coldly.

"Jane!" The second who's about the same age as Elaine scolded the younger and then reprimanded her, "We weren't supposed to tell our identity."

Mermaids... They were a branch of Beast race that never appear, never resurface from the vast blue ocean for a millennium that they fall into the category of myths.

The child didn't seem to be lying, but it's hard to judge if they're really mermaids when they're standing before him. Shouldn't they have fishtails not legs? Or was it fish head with human legs? Information about them was scarce that people made made-up stories about them.

"That's no longer the case. From what I know shouldn't you be under the water and not on the land. Why would you travel on the other side of the continent? Why not go to Merinda Kingdom the nearest land where you came from? Or is it your species had been walking on land for years?"

"...It's..."

"Please help us, mister boss! We can't go back to our home or else we'll be killed—" Jane cried pulling away from her sister then run towards the king and knelt.

"Jane!" The eldest called in horror.

Edmund frowned at the sight before him and glared at the older sisters, a warning not to move.

"You're exiles," Lucas spoke eying them in curiosity.

"Yes... we were banished from our kingdom two months ago because of me," the eldest said lowering her eyes in shame, then glanced to her siblings with guilt on her face that her siblings got involved because of her. "Being expelled from the kingdom isn't simple. It means all mermaids will treat us, criminals, it means they'll take our pearl. It means death. For the races who live on the land, mermaids had ceased to exist. We became no more than just a passing story from mother to child. A fantasy. A myth. Since the elders can no longer watch over a mermaid after being exiled they became afraid that someone from the land will know our existence... Now it became a custom for our people that bringing the exile's pearl to someone is a sign of love."

"You're saying that if your pearl were to take you'll die? Is it some sort of life source?" Lucas asked with a perplexed face.

She shook her head. "Taking one's pearl is equivalent to taking our ability to swim. Without the pearl, our tail will weaken."

"If we can't swim then we can't hunt food," the child added, eyes tearing up. "I don't want to go to the ocean floor, it's... it's dark and scary."

Edmund stared down at the girl who's still on the floor. He remembered Elaine when she was a child, the little girl who pales whenever she saw her father approaching her. Maybe he sees Elaine through this child that's why he pulled the child up to her feet without thinking.

He chose not to notice how bewildered and surprised Lucas was, looking at Edmund stupidly with wide eyes while opening and closing his mouth like fish out of water.

"Are there anyone else other than you three? Not just mermaids."

"I'm not sure. Identifying our kind in human form is difficult after taking the drugs, there will be no traces of our once figure that's why I was surprised that the savior noticed."

It's probably his perception was high that he immediately becomes aware that there's something different about them. Same goes with Lucas who wouldn't let them in in the first place if they were normal.

"You seem to want to say something," Edmund said to the middle child that kept stealing glances at him. "Speak."

"Eek! Ye-yes!" She yelped in surprise. "There's a group who stood out the most. They arrived late and they didn't really interact with the other courtesans but one of the owners of the Cage gave them quite the special treatment. One of the three is said that she's a priestess."

It was just Aeduan had reported before but the said priestess escaped with her companions.

"What about the other two?"

"Uhm.. both of them look about my age. The first one has an androgynous face and the last one is a very beautiful girl with standoffish aura."

Priestess... Androgynous... Standoffish...

"Elaine." That's all he could manage to say.

Seeing Magnolia inside those cages like an animal dressed in those clothes to allure the attention of the buyer was enough to summon his magic if Lucas didn't stop him.

He should have killed them all.

Hold on a second. Bwi was with her. If he orders Bwi to track down those who dare to look at Elaine...

Edmund is sure that Bwi will give his full cooperation if he is to order the mute servant   to hunt down those people. The young man was educated personally by Mykel, as an assassin, he surely observed and remembered those bastards. Should he tell Bwi to bring their eyes to him?

"He might look like he's about to murder someone but he'll help you." Lucas quickly said when the blond hasn't done anything after knowing that Elaine had been inside the Cage. He glanced warily at Edmund who's eerily calm. "Shall we call it a night? We'll speak with you about this matter after we all get proper sleep."

The little girl's eyes widen in joy. "Really? You'll help us? Thank you, mister boss!" She then hugs Edmund's leg, looking up with a grateful bright face.

Someone gasped when Edmund patted the child's head unbothered. It wasn't from the two ladies but from the captain of the guards himself, Lucas Bismarck.

Lucas was so shocked that he cursed in front of a child, "W-who the fuck are you!?"

Why is this idiot making a big deal out of this? Edmund thought to himself as he glares at the captain.

Then the door burst open.

"She's gone! I went to check on her but I couldn't find her. She—" He stopped. Same gold eyes as Edmund stared at them. "Who are these people?" Before anyone could answer Aiden's expression changed as if he realized something after seeing the child still embracing his thigh and squinted his eyes accusingly. "So it's true! You're really looking for a wife!"

This son of his... Just where did he got that?

On the other hand, he wanted to wipe that smile on the captain's face. Edmund knew that the man was on the verge of bursting into hysterics.

He released an exhausted sigh. Being with Lucas was enough to give him headache and now his son...

"I don't know how'd you thought of that but I'm not—" He stopped midway after noticing that Aiden wasn't listening... This child...

"... An additional family will not only cause the time he'll see us be shortened because of the new wife and children but also Elaine will hang out with me more," Aiden mumbled to himself.

How... How in the world did he come up with this conclusion?

Truth be told, seeing Aiden like this he sometimes fears the lives of his people when the day comes that he have to pass the responsibility as a king to his son.

"I'm happy that you found a wife, although she isn't a noble—but a courtesan at that—and that everyone in the council will surely oppose you. I will give you my support. You have my blessing, father!"

He was rather rendered speechless from Aiden's statement.

This idiotic selfish son..!

At that very moment, Edmund wished that this was all a dream, from discovering Magnolia inside the cage to Aiden's speech. He'll be done for if Elaine hears this... this misunderstanding. But then, Elaine is smart, she wouldn't believe it right away, right?

"Isn't that great, your majesty? The crown prince is genuinely happy for you and your new wife."

"M-majesty!?" The eldest gasped in surprise after knowing who he was.

Lucas, this crazy son of a bitch. Shouldn't he be helping him clear the misunderstanding? He's enjoying this, doesn't he? And why is he opening the door—

"Who's the lucky lady?"

He felt like he heard those exact words coming from his second daughter. A déjà vu?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

964 40 29
Once upon a time a baby was born. However, she was much feared by her elders, so they locked her away when she was only a babe. Years passed, and her...
205K 6.3K 55
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
480K 27.2K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
961 35 8
She was just a normal woman living her life in the modern world, when suddenly after an accident... she wakes up in the body of a person inside her f...