Haikyuu Angst - Haikyuu x Rea...

By Website_Lady

A series of one-shot angst stories between the reader(s) and the characters of Haikyuu! x Female Reader . . ... More

ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Awaits The End
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Memories
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Same Love
ɴɪsʜɪɴᴏʏᴀ ʏᴜᴜ | I'm sorry
ᴡᴀᴋᴀᴛᴏsʜɪ ᴜsʜɪᴊɪᴍᴀ | Cruel World
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Realization
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Fallen Love
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴏsᴀᴍᴜ | Forget Me, Not?
ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Life Story
ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴏʙɪᴏ | Attention
ʙᴏᴋᴜᴛᴏ ᴋᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ | Her Letters
ᴋᴇɪᴊɪ ᴀᴋᴀᴀsʜɪ | My Moments With You

sʜɪɴsᴜᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴛᴀ | Her Dream and His Mistake

5.1K 97 43
By Website_Lady

Time Travel Themed Story!

Future Kita!

[ Idk if this can be considered angst but I just hope it is. ]

-
-
-
__________________________

"Always remember we only live once and It'll only be wasted if you can't live it to the fullest."
__________________________

"... She should be around here."

The man, who seemed to be in his early twenties, spoke while looking around the neighborhood that he once lived in.

With noticeable short light gray hair with black tips at the ends, he seemed to have a troubled expression as if he was looking for someone desperately.

(Remember, Kita, we first met on this exact road towards her school. She should be here right now.)

The older Kita thought, his eyes narrowed and he was standing near the school gate while seeing many students pass by.

"I can't be late again!!"

Upon hearing a familiar voice, he looked up and saw the familiar person he knew.

Y/N L/N.

Three years younger than the time Kita went from.

"I can make it on time, I can-"

Despite being determined while running towards the school building, she found herself accidentally getting tripped and falling on her knees, causing the books and belongings to fall from her grasp.

"No!! Aargh, My books!"

"--Are you alright, Y/N- I mean, kid?"

The moment Kita helped the Y/N to sit back right up from her falling position, he grabbed the books one by one from the ground before handing them towards Y/N.

Y/N, who received the books, seemed quite surprised by his sudden appearance but immediately felt grateful for his concern.

"T-thank you, Mister."

Y/N bowed down slightly, receiving the books from his grasp.

But, when she was about to stand up, the school's bell could be heard ringing as Y/N's eyes widened and mouth parted.

"No!! Now, the teacher is gonna put me into detention again after this."

Y/N's sighed exasperatedly, her shoulder slump forwards as if the energy inside her left while feeling unmotivated to go to school.

But, Kita, on the other hand, appeared with a smile and subconsciously chuckled at the behavior.

"You really are clumsy as always."

Kita muttered under his breath but Y/N seemed to hear the exclamation and looked at him confused.

"E-eh? Clumsy as always? Have we met before..?"

"What? No, that's not what I meant."

Kita exclaimed while shaking his head as he looked towards Y/N as if he was seeing something nostalgic.

"You really looked like someone that I'm really fond of, not just in appearance, but your attitude is also similar."

"Eh?? Really? Is she someone special? A friend? A family member?"

"... Well..."

Kita scratched his head, slightly looking away from him since the person he was referring to was Y/N herself except he was talking about her future self.

"Let's just say... We will never get the chance to meet."

"... Wait, as if you can't meet again? Why??"

Y/N looked confused at him in which she was unaware of Kita's goal and when he actually came from.

Unbeknownst to Y/N, in the future, Kita and Y/N both have a special relationship. But, because of that, it led Kita to transport himself into the past.

He did that with the sole reason for redemption while also feeling guilty because of the truth he learned about in the future.

(Now with Y/N being late to go to the school's gate and while distracting her like this.)

Kita appeared a relieved and satisfied expression.

(Y/N and I will never have our first meeting. Now, she could finally chase her dream.)

-

After a brief talk with Y/N as she decided to face her consequences and ran to attend school, Kita appeared with a smile before walking away from the place.

(Without me in your life, I will not ruin your dream to become what you want.)

He thought while remembering the many events that have happened in their relationship from their first meeting towards the day of marriage.

He remembered well about their first meeting that took place in front of the school gate.

It was similar to the way the older Kita met with Y/N, the younger him and she also met up like this.

But, this time, Y/N wasn't looking at where she was going and accidentally bumped into him on the way.

He remembered clearly their first conversation.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it!"

Y/N apologized awkwardly, slightly bowing down before squatting down to pick up her things.

"It's alright. I should have watched where I was going."

The younger Kita explained nonchalantly as he immediately helped her pick all of the things she was carrying.

"Here, this is-"

But, when Kita brings the books into her arms, their eyes met as if they were locked into each other at first sight.

They didn't realize how long they had stared until a teacher came out of the school gate.

"Hey, aren't you (Y/N) (L/N) from class B?? Why are you still standing outside the gate?"

"Ah-?! Right, I'm sorry!!"

Y/N nodded frantically at him before turning her head towards Kita with a slight blush upon the realization of staring too long.

"Thank you for your help. I hope I'm not troubling you."

"Yeah, not at all."

With that, Y/N started to leave towards her school while Kita continued to go his own way from before.

The older Kita admitted that it was a cliche dramatic meeting as if they were inside a romance novel.

But, if they didn't meet up that way, they wouldn't get to meet another time again.

One of the factors was because they went into different schools and Kita also excused himself from attending his own school since he was visiting his grandmother because he got a call that she was suddenly sick.

Hence, why he was there the same time around Y/N since his grandmother's house was the same route towards Y/N's school.

But, because the older Kita intervenes in their original first meeting, they would just be simply strangers in this timeline and would only meet coincidentally without emotion attached.

That is the sole purpose he went back in time.

"In the first place, it's better for the both of us to be strangers."

Kita muttered under his breath, his eyes looking down with a saddened and disappointed expression but decided to move forward from it.

After knowing the truth in the future, he couldn't bear to continue living with heavy regrets swirling inside him.

The night before the time travelling experience, he wished to change the past.

And it was as if God heard his prayer of sadness that he was given the chance to do so.

At first, Kita finds it hard to believe, but, he understood now that the tale of supernatural forces does exist for reasons.

---

In the original timeline, after Kita and Y/N's first meeting, they began to coincidentally meet outside of school numerous times.

At first, they found it awkward how often they met each other but soon become comfortable with it and become friends afterward.

"Hey, Kita, you're the captain of the volleyball club in your school, right?"

"... Yes, I am. Why do you ask?"

They were walking together when they met each other after they were done with their own school.

"Well, I'm curious. Are you going to continue being a volleyball player? Even after graduation?"

Y/N asked curiously with her head tilted.

Kita only clasped his hands behind his back, his eyes wandering around to answer her question.

"I don't think so. I'm just a substitute if the team lost their composure. Also, I'm just plainly average at volleyball so I doubt I'll get a living from that."

Kita explained nonchalantly, which Y/N hummed and nodded at his answer.

"Haha. But, you were appointed captain for a reason. Actually, I thought becoming one was your dream in the future"

"... No, that's impossible. No matter how you look at it, I'm not a monster freak like those miya twins."

"What?! Haha. Well, I can agree on that."

Y/N exclaimed, bursting out small laughter while both of them continue their conversation.

"When I think about it, you've been talking about dreams lately. Is there something wrong?"

Kita asked, looking at Y/N with a slightly worried tone despite having a mostly deadpanned expression.

Y/N only plastered a small smile as she shrugged with her eyes looking away.

"Since we're about to graduate from high school, we have to start thinking about our future. That's why I'm curious about other's dreams since I'm doubtful about my own. That's all."

Y/N exclaimed straightforwardly until she suddenly chuckled while turning her head to look at Kita in the eyes.

"Also, I think I rather spend my time thinking about the present for now. I mean, the future could wait and it's better to experience what we have now, right?"

Kita, who heard that, only stayed silent but he nodded in understanding about her motive and chuckled.

"Yeah.. You're right."

Kita exclaimed simply as he turned towards Y/N in the eye.

"Also, don't forget about your math homework that was due tomorrow."

"Wait?! W-what?! I have math homework?!"

---

After many times together, they grew closer within time. It was to the point they both started realizing their feelings for each other.

"Wait-?! You like me? Since when?!"

"... I actually like you... From the first time we met."

Kita scratched his head and Y/N was twirling her hair since they both unknowingly confessed at the same time.

"W-well, I guess we realized we both like each other now."

Y/N exclaimed, lightening up the awkward atmosphere in which they both plastered a smile.

After they realized their feelings about each other and with the brief confession, they started dating and they still went with the relationship even after graduation.

One point in time after they went into college, they decided to have a date together inside a restaurant.

The restaurant was simple but it was comfortable for them and the food was also delicious anyway.

While eating, Kita looked a bit nervous until he suddenly cough while looking at Y/N straight into the eye.

"Y/N, may I asked you something?"

"What is it?"

Y/N tilted her head in confusion until she suddenly saw Kita kneeling in front of her which caught her by surprise.

He brought out a small box in which was opened to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

She was being proposed.

When Y/N realized about the event, she had mixed feelings of stunned and happiness about the come as she could feel herself being touched by the movement.

"Y/N, would you-"

"Yes!! 100% yes!!"

Y/N abruptly interrupted his sentence, walking towards the male before letting herself fall while raising both of her arms to hug him.

"I love you!"

Kita was stunned but also relieved and satisfied by her response. He embraced her back while feeling the warmth in her body.

"Yeah, I also love you too. Dearly."

With the proposal was witnessed by the customers inside the restaurant, they all said their congratulation to the two young lads.

With them being engaged for weeks, they finally could hold a wedding in which they can't wait for the day.

When it was a week before the wedding could be held, Kita was coming home from his part-time job and genuinely couldn't wait for the wedding.

But, when he arrived at the house that Y/N and he shared, he was stunned to see a surprise visitor at the front door.

"Why finally, the boy who proposed to my daughter had come to the house."

It was Y/N's mother.

"--Mrs. L/N? I mean- What's bring you into the household."

Kita answered politely despite seemingly nervous in which she only clicked her tongue as a response.

Out of all the family members they have, she was the only one on Y/N's side who is against them getting married and still on this day.

"... Is there something Mrs.(L/N) wants?"

Kita asked, aiming to open the door for the both of them until Y/N's mother suddenly slapped his hand away from doing so.

"It's rude to do something while talking to the adults."

"A-ah, yes, I apologized for my misbehavior."

Kita slightly bowed down apologetically.

Since the first time Y/N and I started to date, he never have a great relationship with his future mother-in-law.

He never knew the reason why as he always felt himself being hated just by breathing the same air.

Y/N's mother let out another click of the tongue while looking at Kita with narrowed eyes.

"... Break off your marriage with Y/N."

Kita's eyes widened, subconsciously tilted his head upwards to look at her.

"W-what?"

"Haven't you heard me? I said break off the marriage. I am sick and tired of watching you children playing games with dating. This needs to stop this instant."

"... Why do you hate me so much to this extent?"

Kita finally asks about the question he always wondered, hesitantly looked at the woman in the eyes.

When Y/N's mother heard that, her annoyed expression soon become anger in which she walked closer harshly causing Kita to flinch.

"Are you pretending to be stupid?!! Stop acting like an innocent fool!"

Her hand was ready on the air until she slapped Kita's cheek harshly as his cheek become reddened from the flinch of pain.

Kita's eyes widened because of the outcome as only confusion filled his expression.

"... I apologize. But, I truly don't know what I did wrong. If you could please tell me, I could-"

"She gave up on her dream because of you. You ruined her life."

(... What?)

Y/N's mother still looked at him full of hatred as if she was looking at a disobedient dog who doesn't deserve to live.

"Y/N always wanted to go to college in another country. Before she graduates from high school, her dream was to become an idol."

She explained with a low tone, looking down at Kita with her eyes becoming narrower with the memories.

"She always wanted to become an idol. She promised herself that if she achieves it, she'll make everyone happy. It would make herself happy. Truly, I support her for this. But..."

She gritted her teeth, with vein started growing in her neck while looking at Kita in the eyes.

"Ever since she fell in love with you, her life is ruined. Because of you, she gave up on her dream life to stay with you. A shitty boy who doesn't have anything special to be admired!!!"

Y/N's mother grabs a hold of Kita's collar in anger while pulling him closer towards her.

"Do you understand now??! About what you have done?!"

Upon being questioned harshly, Kita can only stand silent, stunned by what he had done.

(... Y/N always wanted to become an idol? And I ruined her dream to become one?)

He was shocked about that as he suddenly remembers about that one conversation when they were still in high school about dreams.

(... Did she talk about it to me because... She was deciding whether or not it was worth abandoning it?)

He thought deeply.

Because of the silent response, Y/N's sighed in annoyance in which she let go of his collar.

"As expected, you really are not worthy to become Y/N's partner."

She walked away from the front door, looking at him one more time full of hatred.

"I bet Y/N already regret to ever fall in love with you."

---

When the time skipped into the day before the wedding, Kita spends the night being alone inside his room since he couldn't face Y/N after the last talk with Y/N's mother.

He felt guilty and truly saddened about the realization.

He only sat on his table with his hand clasped together in front of him.

"Please, God from the above. If I could travel back in time just once..."

He looked upwards towards the ceiling with a desperate expression and slightly torn eyes.

"... I want to change the past of when we first met. So, I wouldn't have to meet Y/N. That way, she might live her life more happily than being with me."

With the simple statement alone, his wish was unknowingly granted.

---

After successfully finished his goal from going to the past, he found himself back into the present with his surroundings change drastically.

The marriage that was supposed to happen today would never truly happen now.

Since, there was no wedding, to begin with.

All of the moments that they shared in which were kept inside picture frames can no longer be seen within the walls of the room.

He also can't even find any pictures of them together inside his phone.

All of the moments with her are gone for good.

"Well, at it should be. This is the timeline where we haven't met and probably never will."

With that accomplishment, Kita felt relief that Y/N can finally achieve her dream and they will live on their respective route of life.

But,

At the same time, he felt an ache inside his heart with tears slightly flooding inside his eyes.

Since, he could never met his lover again.

"... Stop crying, Kita, this is what it was supposed to be. Y/N will be happy and that is enough for me."

While whipping off his tears from his eyes, he started walking towards the computer and decided to search for an idol named Y/N on the website.

"Since without me, I bet she already admin herself to become a trainee somewhere and debut around this time."

But, when he was done typing about an idol named Y/N, the website didn't show anything about her.

Kita was confused as he tried many times again to search since he thought it might be an error.

But, because the result is, all the same, Kita was stunned, and confused was written all over his face.

"Wait, shouldn't she become an idol right now??"

Because of the worrying feeling swirling inside him, he rushed outside of his house to find for something wrong about the present time.

'I change the past! We shouldn't have met yet and she was bound to become an idol. Is there something-'

While he was deep in thought, he accidentally bumps into another person.

"I apologized, I should have-"

His sentence was abruptly interrupted when he realized that the person he bumps into was Y/N herself.

(Y/N...???)

He was shocked indeed to find Y/N brushing off her clothes until she looked at him in the eyes with a reassuring smile.

"No, no. It was fine. You must be in a hurry."

But, upon looking at Kita closer, her eyes widened by his appearance as if he reminded her of someone she once knew in the past.

'Wait- She didn't become an idol?!'

Kita was also surprised that Y/N didn't become an idol in the future. Instead, he found herself becoming an art student in a nearby college around here.

He was confused until Y/N brought that Kita was similar to someone she met when she was still in high school.

The someone who inspired her to followed her dream.

That was when Kita suddenly remembered one of the conversations he had when he was distracting Y/N from meeting his younger self.

--

"You're a soon-to-be third year, right? Then, that means you have to be ready to catch up to your dream."

Kita exclaimed in which the younger Y/N become confused by his statement.

"Catching my dream?"

"Yeah, like becoming something you wanted to be."

Upon hearing that, Y/N hesitantly looked on the ground with a troubled expression.

"I guess, I heard that after we graduated, we have to find what we will do for the rest of our life. But, I'm still confused about what should I choose."

She twiddled her fingers, sighing deeply about the choices she had until Kita hummed and spoke again.

"Well, the most important thing is that what you choose is to your liking. If you like it, then you should achieved it no matter what."

Kita exclaimed, looking at the sky as he continued.

"If what you want was your dream, then just chase it. If you can finally catch it, I can guarantee you can be happy for the rest of your life."

Kita was explained in which underlying that he wanted Y/N to achieve becoming an idol no matter what.

While listening to that, Y/N's eyes widened as if she was touched by his words of motivation and realization.

(Then, can I really do-)

(arts for the rest of my life?!)

Unbeknownst to Kita at that time, Y/N never actually want to become an idol. She only aims to become an Idol since she didn't have much money.

It was because she does not excel in any of the subjects at school and was considered average all around.

Despite that, her singing voice can be perceived as extraordinary.

One time when she was getting a singing examination for her class, the teacher praised her for her high singing talent and urge her to become a singer or even an idol.

Her mother, who heard that, also encourages her to become one since idols could make loads of money, especially with Y/N's natural beautiful looks as she could have easily be accepted.

"You want to be an idol, right?"

"I actually-"

"Right?!"

Her mother exclaimed with a wide smile while holding a magazine about idols before urging them into her arms.

Seeing her mother was greatly desperate about her becoming an idol and the fact that she needs more money, she hesitantly answers.

"Of course, I want to make us live happily without worries."

She plastered a small smile but she was quite saddened about her true dream.

But, that was before she met the older Kita on the street.

She actually has a passion for drawing and creating arts. But, she didn't think that she would make any money from drawing and worried that she would burden her family.

That was until she met Kita as he talks about chasing the dream in which caused her to realized that becoming an idol wouldn't make her happy.

It might just makes her miserable and wouldn't worth for the life she had.

With that conversation alone, Kita unknowingly inspired her to proceed into Art Major and was now living her life to the fullest.

With all of those memories being recalled, both Y/N and Kita looked at each other in which Y/N chuckled.

"My name is Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you."

Y/N extended her hand towards Kita with a friendly smile across her face.

"You really reminded me of someone that inspires me. I hope we could be friends."

Kita was stunned by the friendly greeting until he regains his composure as he extended his hand towards her.

"My name is Kita Shinsuke. It's nice to meet you too."

(Even though we're not together in this timeline, I'm just glad that I could see you once more.)

Kita thought, appearing a rare warm smile as both of them exchange their hands firmly.

Signaling another beginning of their new relationship.

___________________________

-
-
-

[ €ŇĐ ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 132K 95
A collection of short stories, drabbles, etc. featuring various Haikyuu!! characters! I don't own Haikyuu!! or any of its characters. [COMPLETED! No...
2.5K 110 8
An Oikawa Tooru short fic. ·✿·──────· · After all of those tears, she still forgave him. "I love you" it was poison in her system that slowly killed...
407K 9K 22
【𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝?】 ↳ ❝ 𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔰𝔱 ❞ ❏ started august 1st 2020 ❏ haikyuu x fem!reader ❏ angst,fluff ➳@BLAUE...
1.5K 90 12
Haikyuu characters: Iwaizumi x Oikawa fanfiction! An alternative universe where Oikawa stays in Japan to continue his volleyball career and is roomma...