Complicated

By AJ_Layne

Savanah has fought her way to the top of the NXT food chain. She's thrown into a romance storyline with her b... More

Contingency Plans
Drinking Games
Breakfast
Sick
Takeover 31
October 14th - NXT
Truth, Dare, or Drink
Wednesday October 21st - NXT
October 22nd - NXT Part Two
Halloween Havoc
November 18, 2020 - NXT
November 25, 2020 - NXT
December 2, 2020 - NXT
The Morning After
After War Games
Valentine's Day 2021

War Games

333 6 0
By AJ_Layne

I leaned heavily on the referee as he helped me up the ramp after our War Games match. It was a hell of a match. Every inch of me hurt, but it was nothing that would linger for too long. I would get ice and meds from the trainer and be fine.

We were in the in-between. The women's War Games had just ended. Raquel had pinned me which I'm sure would lead to a title shot for her, but I didn't care about that right now. The cage was being lifted, the weapons were being cleared and the women were all limping to the back with me. Dakota was being carried after a trainer had been called to check over her. I was hoping that she wasn't injured, but it seemed likely.

We passed Thatcher and Ciampa who were waiting for our match to be cleaned up so they could have theirs once we were behind the curtain.

"I got it." I told the referee, Drake, and took my arm out from around him. He looked at me worriedly before deciding I was steady enough to walk on my own.

"I'll get her to the trainer's room." Bobby said, walking up to us from the side. Drake nodded at him and headed back through the curtain to continue helping.

Bobby's eyes raked over me. I looked a mess, I'm sure. I had just been in a war so I was allowed to be a bit of a mess right now. Bobby brushed my hair back from my face where it was sticking to my cheek. "Come on, trainer's room."

"But, I'm fine." I whined. I was not fine. I was absolutely going to the trainer's room, but why make it easy.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "Lift your arm above your head."

I lifted my left arm above my head while bracing my right tight against my body.

"Your other arm."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, trainer's room."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I can walk fine." I said, putting my arm around him anyway.

"Just go with it."

I did. That had been our motto since this past Thursday when we went to get breakfast. Everyone had been awake once we got back to my house with breakfast and they had all eaten happily, if hungover. After a while, everyone left and I filled Rhea in on everything that happened leaving out only the details of what went down in my room. She had smiled so big and went on and on about how she was right and we were totally in love.

She wasn't far off. Although, I wouldn't say we are in love just yet.

"Let me know that you're okay when you're done?" Bobby said, pulling me out of my own head. We were standing in front of the trainer's room and Bobby had pulled me into him with both hands circling my waist.

"Yes, but I'm fine." I said. I grabbed the doorknob and his hands fell away from me. Without thinking too much about it, I turned back and kissed his cheek. His beard tickled my lips and he smiled.

**

As I thought, I was fine. The biggest concern was my ribs, which I had to go get an Xray of the next day. I felt like they were fine though. I had ice strapped to my shoulder, but I had taken it off to shower. I changed into ripped jeans and Damian's t-shirt even though I wasn't going to be on screen with him tonight. I just liked wearing the oversized shirt.

I sat a table in the screening room and typed out a message to Bobby.

Me: I'm fine. I have to get an Xray of my ribs tomorrow, but that's just to be safe.

Bobby: How's your arm?

Me: Sprained my shoulder. I'm out for about a week...maybe two.

Bobby: That's not fine.

Me: It's just to make sure I don't get a worse injury. I am fine.

Bobby: Where are you?

Me: Screening room.

He stopped answering so I tucked my phone into my back pocket and watched the action on screen. Dexter Lumis and Cameron Grimes were in the middle of a strap match.

"Hey girl."

I looked up to see Damian, in his gear with his hair down and looking ready to fight. "Hey."

He sat next to me, "Are you good?"

I nodded, "Yep, sprained shoulder. Gotta check in on my ribs tomorrow with an X-Ray, but I'm fine."

Damian nodded, "Good. I heard Kai was transported to the hospital."

My eyes widened, "Oh, I hadn't heard. I hope she's okay."

"Rhea said she was okay, but was probably going to be out for a few weeks. She didn't know what they think is wrong with Kai."

"Hopefully nothing too bad." I said, running my hand through my hair. We were all lucky to still be standing. We had beat the hell out of each other. "Ready for your match?"

He nodded, "hell yeah." He looked up to the screen, "speaking of. I gotta go."

"You better win!" I called after him. He winked at me over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

Bobby appeared next to me and I jumped. "I swear you come out of freaking nowhere."

"I'll take that as a compliment." He said, sitting and putting his arm on the back of my chair.

"Of course, you will." I laughed. "Shouldn't you be with the guys? You have a War Games match you know."

He smirked, "I know. They gave me 10 minutes to come check on you."

I laughed again, "are they actually timing you?"

"Probably." he laughed with me. It was a rare sound. We never seemed to be this happy around each other, but it was getting easier with every passing second. "Are you really okay?" he asked.

I nodded. "My entire body aches, but I really am okay." I looked into his eyes allowing his to search mine. I guess he decided I was being honest because he sighed in relief.

"Good."

"Now, go back to the UE and kick McAfee's ass tonight."

"Will do." He said, pressed his lips to my temple and left

My heart skipped from the contact. We had to stop with the random kisses and touches. It was going to be the death of me.

**

The men's War Games match was just as grueling as mine was. It was almost hard to watch my friends go through all of that. I saw between Damian and Rhea in the screening room as we watched. Damian had lost his match and Rhea's shoulder was wrapped in ice. We watched the War Games match in silence.

The UE won and I felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. Then came the truly heart stopping part. The guys had to be checked out. They were all moving fine in the ring so I doubted they were seriously injured, but there was always a chance.

"Go," Rhea said, nudging me carefully. "Go check on him."

I nodded without even looking at her. I just got up and practically ran to the holding area off the stage where the guys would come through.

Pete, Pat, Danny, and Oney came through first all being helped by referees. Pete nodded at me before continuing on his way. He and I knew each other well enough. We just weren't close friends. I still hoped that he was okay. I hoped they all were. I wasn't mean enough to want them all to be injured.

After what felt like forever, Roderick and Kyle came off the stage. They nodded at me and both looked like they were in pain.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.

"Great." Roderick said with a laugh.

"We just need ice and a shower." Kyle told me. He was holding his arm, much like I had been after my match.

"Then you better get to the trainer's room." I told them.

Adam came off the stage with Bobby. Adam didn't even stop to talk to me. He was limping, so I'm sure walking was hurting him. Bobby did stop though. He held his arm tight across his stomach, and looked at me. "I'm fine."

"I'll believe you when the trainer says you're fine."

He nodded once and we headed toward the trainer's room. We didn't talk which was probably a testament to how much pain he was actually in. We arrived at the trainer's room and he turned back to me. He pulled me to him with his good arm and kissed the top of my head. "I'll text you."

"You better." I said.

The show was over which meant that we were all able to go home unless we were told otherwise. I was exhausted and ready to go, but I wasn't going to leave until I knew that Bobby was okay.

I went to the locker room because I knew Rhea would be there, and I was right. When I walked in, she was zipping up her bag. Candace and Ember and Shotzi were all in the back of the room, talking to each other, but I ignored them. I grabbed my bag and sat next to Rhea.

"Is he okay?" Rhea asked as I made sure all of my gear was in my bag.

"He's getting checked out. All of them are. He said he'd text me."

She looked at me for a long moment, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I told you. I'm fine."

"That's not what I meant." She sighed.

I raised my eyebrows at her. She leaned a little closer to me and dropped her voice so that only I could hear her. "Savvy, you're awfully invested. You said yourself that he won't actually date you."

I dropped my bag and turned to her. "I know. I do. This is weird and I'm under no illusions that this will end happy."

"You're my best friend. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"A little late for that." I whispered and ran a hand through my hair. "Just promise me that when it all goes bad that you'll feed me ice cream and tell me I wasn't the problem."

The corner of her mouth turned up, but her eyes were still worried. "Like I said, you're my best friend. So I'll feed you tequila and remind you of all the reasons that he was the problem."

"And that is why you are my best friend." I chuckled. "Just don't tell Damian."

"Never," she smiled genuinely and stood up grabbing her bag.

I stood up too and grabbed the handle of my bag when my phone vibrated in my back pocket. Rhea and I both stopped as I took it out and read the message.

Bobby: Wanna ride to the hospital?

I gasped. Rhea stepped closer and looked at my phone screen.

"GImme," she said, taking my bag. She nodded toward the door. "It might crash and burn, but we both know that you want to go. So go."

I couldn't form words. I was worried and imagining the worst possible injuries. Rhea stared at me and when I didn't move she nudged my shoulder. "Go, Savannah. I'll take your bag with me. Call me later, if you need anything."

"Thanks Rhea." I muttered before practically running all the way to the trainer's room. I slowed down when I saw Adam, standing outside the door. "Do I even want to know what's wrong?" I asked, trying to sound light and not terrified. I felt terrified.

"They don't know for sure." Adam said. He looked me over. "It's going to be fine, Savvy."

"I know. He's a big boy, but I would be worried even if it were Kyle or you or Rhea or whoever."

Adam smirked, "sure you would."

I glared at him. I was so not in the mood for this.

Adam held his hands up in surrender, "Well, I'm about to leave. We will meet you two at the hospital. He wants you to ride with him." Adam gestured to the door. "So go."

I took a deep breath before entering the trainer's room. Bobby was sitting on the bench, kicking his legs like a kid at the doctor's office. His arm was bandaged against his body. He was wearing jeans and the same shirt that he had wrestled in. His eyes met mine as soon as I was through the door. "I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

"You knew I was coming." I said matter of factly. "I thought I told you not to get hurt."

He shrugged with his non bandaged arm. "I don't listen very well, I guess."

"What did you do?" I stepped up next to him.

"They think I tore my tricep."

My breath caught in my throat, threatening to choke me. "That usually requires surgery."

He nodded once, "yes, but they don't know for sure. Which is why I have to go to the hospital."

The door opened suddenly, "Okay, let's go." The trainer said, looking up at Bobby. "Savannah are you coming too?"

"Yes, she is." Bobby said before I could answer. He jumped off the table and grabbed my hand. I interlocked our fingers and smiled at Bobby while trying not to think too much about it. Rhea was right. This was going to crash and burn. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 26 1
Hired For Ambrose; Dean is a professional WWE Superstar, Rumors are going around that Dean has a girlfriend within the company, Renee. Rules in the c...
1.4K 46 12
Jordan has a dream of going into fashion and wants to jumpstart her career as a stylist. She doesn't really have much, but she has enough to get by...
57.1K 2.4K 32
~ "Love is like a puzzle; it's at first confusing, then frustrating, but if you figure it out, it's a beautiful thing." ~ Moving to a new t...
5.7K 443 30
~A Kyle O'Reilly story~ "I really hoped that I would enjoy this evening and it would not be a complete waste of time. I could hardly imagine that it...