HT: Divination | Demon Harem...

By Folkzone

A man who went down to the depths of Hell itself, had finally got what he wanted. But you. A Barista who wor... More

Disclaimer: Storyline
Chapter 1: Otherworldly Visitors
Chapter 2: An Odd Table
Chapter 3: Brews and Demons
Chapter 4: An Undoubted Reality I
Chapter 6: Homeback
Chapter 7: Banishment and Trickery
Chapter 8: A Fly's Swain
Chapter 9: Fueled By Passion
Chapter 10: A Slice of Equity
[Memories] Chapter 11: Good Intentions
[Memories] Chapter 12: A Sweet Offer
Chapter 13: A Pint to Break
Chapter 14: All is Well
Chapter 15: A Foreboding Truth
Chapter 16: Visit Unwanted
Chapter 17: Mutual Jealousy Between Both
Chapter 18: All With The Girls I
Shorts: Switch-a-You! I
A/N: MILESTONE!
A/N: Under Construction & Suggestion Dump

Chapter 5: An Undoubted Reality II

5.6K 125 41
By Folkzone

Y/N: "What the..?" You muttered.

Pandemonica: "What is it?" She suddenly asks.

At that moment, an akward pause stifles the conversation again. You were thinking why Azazel was watching from across the street, if you're right, she had some sort of camera with her. Was she spying, or stalking? Or is it both? Time will tell for the sake of this story, espionage is easy to miss if you don't have the sense of a paranoid russian from the cold war.

Y/N: "No. Sorry, it's just.. old memories."

Pandemonica: "Hmph. Why's that?"

Y/N: "Well.." You'd immediately start trying to come up with something in mind.

Pandemonica: "Well.. what." Her eyes slowly became furious.

Y/N: "It's just.. town used to be alot smaller than it is now. It's more like a village rather than it is now. A suburban neighborhood, full of civilization. It's a damn mess."

Pandemonica: "So you had good memories before it came to this?" You'd anxiously nod as she squinted her eyes. "Well, if it's that. Welcome to the present, there's no turning back anyway."

Y/N: "Yeah.. you may be right on that."

You both continued to sip your own cup of coffee and for the rest of the hour, you both talked about irrelevant topics and Pandemonica's life in hell and your life in the mortal's world while getting a couple refills on your cups.

Eventually, Pandemonica had to go home to continue her work as a secretary for hell's customer service at home.

Pandemonica: "Well. Looks like I have to go back, I enjoy talking to you Y/N." She expressed with gratitude.

Y/N: "Yeah, I feel the same too, we should do this again sometime."

Pandemonica: "Heh, we should. Anyways, I should go now."

After the energetic demon left the café, you finally went back to your post to your usual job for the rest of the day. But that question that Modeus asked a few weeks ago, was still fresh on your mind. Will you and Helltaker take shares with the harem? Or would you treat them as they were your guests. In time, a decision has to be made on just two words, yes or no. It's all you had to say, but for now you must stick with your instincts. Better to make the final decision slowly but wisely.

Meanwhile back at the house.

11:38 A.M.

While you were back at the café working your ass off, things are still a bit chaotic although but not so much as the last few weeks before, fortunately. And plus, Pandemonica just came through the front door after being greeted by the high prosecutor.

Helltaker: "Hello, Pan. Where have you been for the past hour?" He'd ask while still holding a plate full of rolled chocolate pancakes.

Pandemonica: "Went to get coffee from the local café down the street." She'd sip her coffee whilst holding a battered clipboard. "Also wanted to ask you something. Are you hiding things from me, Helltaker?" Her sadistic side came into view.

Helltaker: "No.. Why would you ask that?" He slowly started to sweat in a nervous state.

Pandemonica: "All this time. You didn't tell me that Y/N, your friend. Worked, at that very café."

Helltaker: "Oh.. Well. You didn't tell me that you were gonna go to the local café. I suppose, I should've warned you before you went out of the door or someplace else."

Pandemonica: "Hmph. Point taken, well anyways I'm heading upstairs, if you need me." She slowly started walking to the staircase. "Don't forget about my next cup.." She looked at him straight in the eyes one last time before she headed straight upstairs.

Fortunately, the Helltaker already got used to her threats and her sadistic side. But not the finger breaking, he's slowly traumatized inside.

Azazel: "Mister Taker! May I ask something from you?" She called his attention.

Helltaker: "What is it, Azazel?"

Azazel: "I need your help on demonology. Shouldn't take long, right? Please, I need this for my thesis."

Helltaker: "Okay then, what is it?"

Azazel: "Do you perhaps have an artifact that you've acquired from hell a few weeks ago? Pendulums, strange runes, unholy possessions, those sort of things?"

Helltaker: "Actually, I think I have a few on hand, these 'strange runes' you say. If they can be any help, they're on the drawers upstairs on my room."

Azazel: "Great! Thank you, mister Taker!"

Helltaker: "Don't thank me yet, I still haven't given those yet. Just follow me." He'd put the plate of pancakes on the table from the living room and headed upstairs with Azazel.

Once the Helltaker retrieved the ancient inscriptions from the possibly cursed drawers of his, Azazel was enthusiastic to get her hands on it. He gave it to her and she thanked the Helltaker in excitement and left the room immediately so she can make a deep research and inspection in her own room.

Helltaker: "Glad I could be of assistance.."

Lucifer: "Taker! Would you please come down here!" She shouted from downstairs.

Helltaker: "One second alright!" He left his room to check what was all the fuss.

Meanwhile back at the café.

11:53 A.M.

While you were there leaning against the counter, waiting for the fresh brew to finish, something came into your mind suddenly about Malina's alcoholic mix for tonight. Sour as she is, she might crack your head open with a controller or split it open with the edge of a laptop if she doesn't like the mix you'd make.

So perhaps, it's best if you ask your fellow baristas but luckily because for the sake of entertainment, one of them was a former bartender who worked on a high end nightclub from another city before it became disarray and was on foreclosured. So yeah, he must be more than a veteran.

Y/N: "Hey, you think I can borrow your time for a moment?" You'd call his attention as he stepped out of the staff room.

[ 2 ] Barista: "Uh.. sure, what's up?"

Y/N: "I have something to ask of you since you were a bartender before right?"

[ 2 ] Barista: "Yeah, even though I brew caffeine, it didn't still stop me from mixing poisons back at home."

Y/N: "I've been reminded of something back at home yesterday. This woman, she asked me if I can mix something for her and I haven't really mixed anything good in my experience so I'm hoping if I.. you know? Ask you, if you have a good mix for vodka."

[ 2 ] Barista: "Huh. Must be something special eh? I know a couple one but I'll give you the best one that's my personally my favorite actually, it's called 'The Thinker' "

Y/N: " 'The Thinker'? So that has to be vodka right?"

[ 2 ] Barista: "Precisely mate. I got this from a woman on Singapore and damn was she the best that I looked up at. She was even awarded as the best bartender on the world I heard."

Y/N: "Right right. So, you think you can write me the instructions and the ingredients for it?"

[ 2 ] Barista: "Alright, I can see you're in a hurry. I'll message you the instructions early on after this."

Y/N: "Oh. Thanks, I owe you one."

[ 2 ] Barista: "Don't mention it. Come on, let's get back to work."

For the rest of the day. The number of customers get lesser and lesser by the hour. Probably because it's the afternoon. And at night, all of your fellow baristas left the café for the night, and usually you're the last one to leave before the old man.

Fortunately, the former bartender turned barista messaged you the necessary drinks, ingredients, and the instructions for the 'The Thinker' so you went to the small grocery shop beside the café which was open 24/7 everyday.

Once you entered in, you went to the beer and wine section. Picking a couple of Rokita vodka, some red wine, and after that you went to the drinks and beverages section to pick up a few cold bottles of frappuccino.

After fifteen minutes of picking up alcoholic drinks, all necessary ingredients for the mix and caffeine beverages, you properly paid upfront for a total of $73.85 for all the drinks. Expensive but hey, it's the states, capitalism comes first you dingus.

You made yourself out, carrying two bags and on your way home.

While you were walking down the street, you dropped the bags for awhile and putting on your earphones for some beats and picked up the bags again. Until you came several meters near the house to see a police car parked in front of the house with a police inspector and a SWAT officer standing on the front door.

Good Lord above what did the demons do now.

You traced your steps back and quickly walked around the other side of the street to reach the back of the house.

After more than several meters of walking, you finally reached the back fence and gently put the bags over it and climbed over.

You were about to ask the Helltaker on why the fuck are the police on the front door of the house. Because it happened for the third time. Again.

You're not losing your mind are you? Are you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1K 19
You're a dude, alright? You're a retired merc and you work 9 to 5 at a dingy bookshop nest to a coffee shop that barely covers your bills, and all...
3.5K 166 11
Art by: SINFULjam on Tumblr Will mostly not follow the plot until chapter: 6 Characters and (most of) the plot is by: Vivienne Medrano. WARNING: MURD...
350K 7.7K 23
You went home to your old town, visiting your father, his not your biological father but his your father, Helltaker. As you enter his house your life...
24.5K 663 21
What if Charlie has an older twin sister? A sister that instantly got placed in her sister shadow. Meet (y/n), since she is able to walk, she gets fo...