My White Knight ✔️

By mikywaymidnight

What would you do when the happy bubble you lived in for the past 25 years gets popped? Do you wanna know wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank You 🖤
Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)
Bonus Chapter
Lies and Love (Next Book)

Chapter 4

1.7K 149 25
By mikywaymidnight

3 years later

Divya

"Becky! Can you send me the reports for the patient in Room 927?" I asked my nurse Becky.

Becky is a 35-year-old nurse and a really good one. Thank goodness that she is assisting me today. She walked in with the printed copy of the reports and handed me them.

"Let's go and talk to her," I told her looking at the reports.

I love emergency medicine, and this has been a pleasure working in a big hospital like Global. After coming here, I prepared for USMLE, After successfully completing that step, I enrolled in college and completed it while working as an attending resident surgeon at NCSU hospital. It's been a week since I started working at Global Hospitals as a Trauma Surgeon.

I told Amaya that I didn't wanna work here but she and Jameson were on my tail until I applied for this position.

"Can we come in?" Becky asked knocking on the door.

"Yes." Said, Mr.Vander

We walked and found that Mrs. Vander the patient sleeping peacefully after so much pain. I guess the painkillers kicked in.

"There is nothing to worry about Mr.Vander. She has a 3-4mm stone in her kidney and it will pass on its own. There is no need for surgical intervention. Call for Becky and she will get you the tablets that will help her in getting rid of the stone. If she feels pain again tomorrow get her back to the hospital immediately." I told him and he looked relieved.

"Is there any food diet for her?" He asked me and Becky is checking the vitals.

"Not particularly, Make sure she drinks lots of water and no calcium supplements till the stone passes. It might hurt or bleed when she pees." I answered and he nodded.

"Thank you so much, Doctor." He said looking at me.

"These are the reports, and on the last page, you can find all the necessary information. Call Nurse Becky when she wakes up for the pills. And then you can go home." I said and he smiled at me.

Soon we left and started going to my room.

"At what time is the graduation ceremony?" She asked me.

"It starts at 5:30," I said to her.

I will be graduating today. Can you believe it? I can't believe it myself, these past 3 years flew right by me.

"It's 3, you should leave. I will take care of the patients. Just GO!" Becky said before I could say another thing.

I picked up my stuff and walked to the daycare after bidding my byes to everyone. I went in there and found my love, my son Amartya seriously immersed in drawing something.

I walked towards him and he lifted his up, and the second his eyes met mine he gave a huge smile which made my heart melt. This is the smile I live for. His one smile makes me forget all the pain in my life.

"Maa! Maa." He tugged my pants and opened his arms.

I lifted him and kissed him on the cheek and kissed him back.

"What is my pretty boy drawing?" I asked him and he immediately got down and picked up and showed me his drawing.

It's a picture of me and him and with so many people in the back.

"Is this you and me?" I asked and he nodded

"Who are these people behind us?" I asked him in a confused tone.

"Aamu...Jam...Andy...Mama" He started saying everyone's names pointing at their stick figures. I'm so proud of my son, I never knew such a small heart has so much love for them.

After informing the caretaker that we are leaving early today, we drove to our house. It's a 3 bedroom house I bought with the money from being a resident. We reached the house, I gave Amar a bath and put him to sleep for some time. After he slept, I went for a shower and got ready to go to the graduation ceremony.

I wore this cute pink and white floral dress Amaya gifted me for graduation. I paired them with matching wedges and left my hair open. I put on some foundation and lipgloss.

When I was about to start my phone started to ring and it is Amaya. I asked her to come for my graduation and as for Jameson and Andrew, I know they are busy with the company so I didn't wanna bother them.

"Hi, Ammu!" I said to her picking up Amar into my arms.

"Divya where are you? The ceremony started." She yelled through the phone.

"Amar slept and I didn't feel like waking him up. So I had to carry the sleeping Amar to the car hence the delay. We started I will be there in 10 min." I told her in a single breath.

"Fine, make it fast. I will be waiting at the door to pick up Amar." She said and we cut the call.

Amaya is the rock of my life, without her nothing in my life would've been possible. She shared her family, friends, house, and everything with me. I am forever indebted and naming my son Amartya after her was the least I could do.

After coming here I stayed with Vasudha Aunty and Harish Uncle while preparing for my exam and during my 1st year of college. Aunty never asked a word, she took care of me like I was one of her daughters.

Amaya and Jameson got married after staying in India for 2 months, and grandpa finally agreed to their marriage. They had a really big wedding and I couldn't attend it. Grandpa and Grandma used to come here more frequently. Without grandma, I wouldn't be who I am right now She gave me the courage to live this second life of mine.

It's been 2 months since Amaya's grandparents died. Amaya was devastated at the loss of the only people she had in her life, It broke her and everyone to see her like that.

The happy cheery girl who stood by me was in pain, I wanted to do something to take away some pain but there is nothing I could do, that would compensate for the loss. 

I hope she gets better soon.

Arjun got a full score on his SAT and joined Harvard this semester for pre-med. He said that Shaurya's Uncle is his inspiration. Dhruv grew up a lot too, he is no more a small kid, He is into basketball these days.

"AMAARR" Amaya yelled coming towards us.

As soon as my son heard her favorite aunt he wiggled out of my hold and ran towards her. She picked him up and kissed him on the cheek and he kissed her back.

I walked toward her and she gave me a quick hug.

"Here take the gown and hat and that way. Amar and I will be waiting for you in the crowd." She said and handed me the things.

I put the gown and hat on in the hallway and looked around. This was my school, which helped me shape into the doctor I am today.

"We are so proud of Mama right?" Amaya asked Amar and he nodded.

I kissed my son and went towards my classmates who were waiting in the queue to get our names called. I joined them and we talked about how it was when we were in school. Before I knew it was my turn.

"Dr. Divya Lakshman" My name echoed through all the speakers which spread goosebumps all over my body.

I went to the stage and picked up my degree and the awardee turned my tassel to the other side indicating my graduation. That's when I heard a lot of whistles and people chanting DIVYA DIVYA.

I looked towards the sound and found my people. The ones who helped me with every step of my life after I decided to leave India. If it takes a village to raise a kid then this is my village.

Amaya and Jameson are yelling out loud, Andrew has Amar on his shoulder with his legs on each side of his neck, who's holding a placard that says my mom graduated. There is Vasudha Pinni, Harish babai, Arjun, Dhruv, Ana and Shaurya.

Looking at all these people cheering for me made me feel proud and content. 

I don't regret my decision of leaving my past life behind. I am very happy here and these people make me happy.

I got down and soon sat with classmates till the ceremony was over. I ran towards my village. They are waiting outside on the lawn. Amaya talking to Pinni and Ana, Jameson, Andrew, babai and Shaurya with Amar. Amar is in Shaurya's arms while he is talking to the others.

Amaya ran towards me and gave me hug and congratulated me. Everyone did the same and the adults left leaving me, Amar, Andrew, Amaya, and Jameson.

Amar had so much fun with everyone, he dozed off in Andrew's arms the minute we sat in the car. We went to Amaya's house. Andrew went into the kitchen with Amaya to grab some food. I put Amar down in his crib, yes!  he has a crib and a room in Amaya's house too, that's how much they love him. I came downstairs and saw Jameson in deep thoughts looking at Amaya.

"How is she doing?" I asked him about Amy.

"She still cries to sleep at night. Today helped to deviate her thoughts from them." He told me, looking at Amy who was talking with Andrew in the kitchen.

"Time heals everything. She will feel better don't worry." I tried to comfort him.

"I'm planning to take her to Greece for a month this weekend. She always wanted to visit the country." He said about his plans.

Jameson loves Amaya so much, you can see it in his eyes. They are polar opposites in mentalities but they just click together.

"Does she know?" I asked him and he said no.

"Aww! Jamie surprise huh? Take care of her. Call me if you need anything." I told him and settled on the couch after a long day.

"Why don't you guys stay in for the night?" Amaya asked me while I was munching on my chicken wings.

"I have to work tomorrow morning. If I stay over I have to run back early morning again." I told her after chewing my food.

"Andrew will drop you off. Please stay in for the night." Amaya pleaded with a cute pout and I couldn't say no.

We stayed till 12 and talked about a lot of things. Uncle Harish asked Andrew and Jameson to merge his company with theirs today. That's really great, I'm really happy for them.

For the first time after a really long, Amaya slept in Jameson's arms so he took her upstairs to their room after wishing us good night.

"Congrats Divya! I'm really proud of you and You look really good today." Andrew said looking at me.

"Thank you, Andrew, I didn't think I would make it this far. Can you believe it?" I asked him leaning back, relaxing and enjoying the moment I am in.

Before he could reply, I saw Amar walking down the stairs rubbing his eyes. He came down looking really cute in his pajamas. He came to me and kissed me on my cheek. Aww, my cute baby missed me. After kissing me he just ran towards Andrew and jumped onto him.

"Andy! Do you want to see my dawing?" Amar asked Andrew playing with his tie.

"Un.. uncle Dru gave me pencils, I love them Andy" He explained like that's the awesome thing in the world.

"Sure buddy! Let's see it." Andrew replied looking at my son.

"Ahh! I don't have it now. Come home with Mama and me. You can see it." He said enunciating each word banging his head looking cute as ever.

I could just eat him and his cute little goofy face.

"If you love the pencils Dru gave you, I'll get a ton of them for you okay?" Andrew said hugging Amar.

"I love you, Andy." Amar kissed and hugged Andrew.

Amar and Andrew are really close. I used to leave him with Amaya when I went to school. Hence the relationship between Andrew and Amar. 

Amaya, Andrew, and my son would turn the house upside down by the time I came back.

For his second birthday, They got him every 2-year-old toy in the world for his birthday. Heck, Amar didn't even open half of them and he is going to 3 in 5 months.

They can never say no to him. They give him things no two-year-old in the world would understand. So, Jameson and I have to be the bad cops while Amaya and Andrew are the good cops. We have to parent Amaya, Andrew, and Amar. They even gave a name for their group it's called THE ACES.

"Mama, where are Amu and Jam?" Amar asked looking at me.

"Amu is sleeping and Jam went to sleep with her," I answered his question.

"Andy! Can we play?" My son asked Andrew with a cute pout, no one in the world would say no.

Andrew said yes and they both went to his room. I sighed at my son's behavior, my sweet boy can get away with anything.

He has to take No for an answer, but with Amaya and Andrew around he gets things handed to him before asking for them. I know they love Amar, but I'm just scared. I don't want him to turn into his sperm donor. That's all Jay is just a sperm donor.

When I told Amaya about my pregnancy, she was ecstatic. She promised me at that moment that she is going to pamper him and Zeehan so much that they would forget their mothers. Trust me, She is living by it too.

It was hard during the first few months of being pregnant, I was pre-diabetic and everything was haunting me. Amaya recommended Laura her therapist to me which helped me a lot, and we still do phone sessions at times I feel low.

Laura was really helpful, she helped me get over my guilt, and she even helped me love myself. I wish Amaya's grandma was here to see me. With that thought, I closed my eyes and dozed off into sleep.

Buzzz Buzzz

I heard the sound and the vibrations on the bed, I turned around and found myself in the guest bedroom. The buzzing sound is my stupid alarm to remind me to get ready for my shift. How did I get here? 

Huh! Maybe I walked up here sleeping.

I went towards Amar's room to wake him up so we can leave. When I opened the door I found Andrew sleeping on his stomach and my son is sleeping on Andrew's back in their bed. When did he start sleeping like this, he hates to sleep with other people. He always says that he is a big boy and big boys sleep alone.

My 2-year-old son is so small that he fits exactly on Andrew's back. They look so cute together, I took my phone out and took a picture. I walked to the bed and tried to pick Amar up, but Amar is clutching Andrew so hard that I couldn't move him without waking up both of them.

I kneeled down to the bed level and gently tapped Andrew to wake him up, no response. I repeated the same thing again, he is such a deep sleeper. I gave up on tapping him and shook him.

"Jamie! let me sleep" he mumbled.

"Andrew! it's Divya." I told him and he immediately opened his eyes. The minute he saw me his pupils dilated, these beautiful sea green eyes spoke volumes.

It was like I was in a daze, there were so many emotions going through his eyes that I would never want to look away from them. I wanted to be seen like that forever.

My Alarm sound bought me out of his hypnotic gaze, and I had to kill all these new feelings bubbling in my body.

"I have to go for my shift. Can you drop us off?" I asked him politely.

 He took one hand and put it on Amar's back and peeled him off his body and placed my son on the bed.

"Give me two minutes." He said and jumped out of the bed.

I quickly picked Amar up and am waiting in the living room for Andrew to drop us off. Arjun took my car last night to meet his friends.

Andrew came out wearing black shorts and a red shirt. I've never seen him in regular clothes. He is handsome, hot and the nicest person ever, I wonder why doesn't he have a girlfriend. I have never seen him with a girl in the past 3 years.

He came towards us, took Amar from me into his arms, and walked to the car a freaking Rolls Royce Phantom. It costs almost half a million dollars. I don't what's with all these guys and their car obsessions. When I was in India, I never thought about things like this. Maybe I grew up weird. Their crazy obsession with cars made to buy Lucid Air. And I named my car Lucy, it's a beast but a quiet one, unlike these guys' cars. I love Lucy though it treats me like a princess.

Tadum..

I hope you guys liked and enjoyed the chapter. I'm bored writing Divya's POV, so I'm gonna be trying Andrew's for the next chapter. I hope it comes out right.

And do check out Lucid Air, it's a really cool sleek car. I heard that it has a better battery than Tesla. Not that I hate Tesla. If you checked out my other book, I mentioned NIO that's another EV company. Nio has this really cool AI like Siri in it, for now, it speaks Chinese, hopefully, they make it international. I'm so excited for lucid Air though it's supposed to be on market this year.
Let's stop with my obsession with electric cars. I can literally go on about them for hours.

Let me know about the grammatical and typo errors.

Love,
Sneha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.3K 14
"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband. Do you promise to love him, honour him, comfort and keep him in sickness and health, for ri...
1M 40.1K 48
Highest Rank: 1 in romance Cover credits: GS_Stella. He was my first love but I wasn't his. He decided not to see my face ever again. So did I. "It's...
2.7M 121K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
490K 22.4K 47
"What are you doing in my kitchen?" And yet again there it goes again the same mantra - My house - My terrace - My room and now My kitchen too? Real...