š°š”šžš§ š­š”šž š¦š®š¬š¢šœ š¬...

By aluraheart

"if I use my electricity when I play an acoustic guitar, does it make it electric?" āž³ š˜¢ š˜“š˜µš˜°š˜³š˜ŗ š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜øļæ½... More

welcome
characters
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three

chapter four

23 2 6
By aluraheart

wake up / eden ♪

✩ * ⋆ ✧

"Why do you seem so far away?"

'𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜
𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚

It was two days after you had arrived in America and you had called your dad for your morning check in that you promised you would do every day while you were away.

"'Cause I am, silly. But it's such a great opportunity to get to learn so much about the music industry and see what my future is going to be like! I already got to meet the guy that I'll be working with for the next couple months! And think of it this way, I'm always in your heart, so I'm not actually that far away."

"Why couldn't you have gone to one of the recording studios here in Japan, why does it have to be all the way in the states?"

"It's not like it was my choice where I was going," you said with a playful tone as you gave one of those signature smiles he held so dear to his heart. "Luckily, I'll only be gone one semester, so you'll be seeing me again in no time!"

"I know sweetheart, but that doesn't make it any easier that my baby is a million miles away and I can't be there with her."

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣
𝙨𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙧 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙
𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧

You and your father have been close for as long as you can remember. Your mother always liked to point out how you were two two peas of the same pod. She would always call you Little Trouble and Big Trouble. Always running the house and causing such a mess that you guys would happily clean up later. He was the best dad and friend you could ever ask for.

You were about 13 years old when your dad started to not be able to move as well. You guys were out getting some dinner for your mom as a surprise when all the sudden he fell in the street and you had to rush to get help from a nearby stranger. Later that night in the hospital, you and your mother received the news that he had osteoporosis (a bone disease that occurs when the body loses too much bone, makes too little bone, or both which as a result bones become weak and may break from a fall or in serious cases, from sneezing or minor bumps). Unfortunately, he had a more serious case meaning it would be very easy for him to break a bone, like if he were to bump into a side of a table it would break whatever bone ended up being in contact with the table.

For the next couple months, your father ended up being on bed rest as you went around the house trying to "dad-proof" the house, basically baby-proofing but instead of it being for a baby, it was for a grown adult man. You were only a kid, yet you still had to watch the man you admire most, of the strongest people you had ever meant, turn into something more fragile than a piece of glass. But you still kept the optimistic attitude that you got from your dad, and made sure that no matter what you would always try to keep the smile you loved so much on his face.

The next couple years were a balancing act for him. Trying to figure out what exactly were his body's limits, and what he could get away with on a daily basis. You constantly would remind him not to push himself too hard, and always tried helping in any way you could around the house. Your mother on the other hand, was no longer the same person she was years ago. She was emotionally distant, and wasn't around very much as she was always in her room sleeping the day and night away. After watching her husband struggle and break bones left and right just to survive another day, she felt her heart shatter to the point of no repair. From that gloomy day on, your mother would never be your mom again. Just another body that walks around your house with no direction. She was never the same again.

𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥
𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙙 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙖𝙮

"What's my little girl up to today?" His voice through the phone was starting to break a little, due to the distance between you two.

"I'm meeting up with the boss today, and basically just following him around the studio as he does whatever big music company CEOs do."

"Have you made any friends yet?"

"Oh yeah! I met this girl in one of my classes who actually knows a little Japanese and so we got to talking and we're gonna hangout later! She told me she was in a band so I think she's gonna take me to meet them! And uh..." You started to hesitate before you spoke the next words. "I met a boy. Well, not exactly met... kinda just looked at. He's in one of my music classes and we exchanged just a couple words and he seems really great..."

A warm hearted chuckle came from the other line on the phone and you were so glad that in that moment the phone didn't decide to break up. "Sounds like you've got a little crush, Little Trouble. I say go for it. As long as he makes you happy, and understands that I'm the number one man in your life."

"Yeah if he didn't understand that, I guess you could say that would be... Big Trouble, huh?"

"Wow- looks like- connection- breaking-," your dad started making those fake static sounds as he was laughing through the words.

"I love you, loser."

"Stay safe, sweetheart."

"You too, Papa."

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖
𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚
𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙡𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙖𝙮

He didn't like how the semester abroad turned into another semester, and then another, and another. Or how with each passing month, he heard from you less and less. But, he kept the positive attitude every time his phone would ring, and would always remind himself of all the new experiences you were making. He was always so proud of you, and he always let you know that whenever you called. You would always tell him about all the new things at the internship, about the cute boy you were dating, and the band that you absolutely adored being a part of.

But soon the calls stopped coming, the little texts here and there were no longer there to be read. He was beyond worried without a doubt.

On a cold snowy Christmas Eve night, he wasn't expecting the doorbell to ring, or for the face that would be revealed when his wife, your mother, opened the door.

It wasn't his Little Trouble who would always make a grand entrance whenever she came home just to get a reaction out of her favorite person. It wasn't his little girl whose hair would always be something new every month because she always wanted to try something new. It wasn't the same child he raised to always keep the positive outlook despite all the obstacles that may come her way, because she was always stronger than whatever could possibly come her way.

It was just a girl who looked so much like you, yet not at all. She seemed so lifeless, like all of the sunshine was ripped from the sky, leaving only a dark night sky with no stars. A moon, covered in clouds not allowing any light through.

"Y/N?" His voice was slowly crumbling as the girl walked into the house, immediately running towards him and lightly falling into his arms, hoping that it wouldn't break his body like his heart was underneath his chest.

As he held you in his arms and the tears started to soak his shoulder where your head was laying, he was left with one thought that he had asked you once before but now with new meaning.

Why do you seem so far away?

𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜
'𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜

You were brought back into the present as you felt a hand shake your shoulder a little bit.

"Sorry, I got lost in thought. What were you saying again?"

Mina looked into your eyes with concern in hers, repeating what she said before. "We loved your demo, and so now we just wanna hear something live just to really get the vibe. Do you have a song you can play?"

Oh, right. You were thinking about the song you made for your dad and the whole experience of everything in the states that you wrote when you got back home.

"Yeah, I've got one. I wrote it for my dad but I guess I could sing it for you guys. I don't really have anything else prepared."

You headed over to the piano as you set yourself up to hopefully not butcher the song in front of these strangers you just met. As you started to sing the song, everyone quietly sat in their chairs looking over in your direction, awaiting that first note.

𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙣
𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩

As you went through the song, you could feel the nerves slip away into the keys, as you kept thinking about the night you returned home from America, promising to yourself you would never leave again as you cried into your father's shoulder. Maybe certain dreams were never meant to be achieved. Maybe your dad was wrong, and that you weren't something special. Maybe you were never meant to amount to something spectacular like he always believed.

The song had ended, and you looked over to see everyone's heads turning to each other, all nodding their heads in confirmation without a doubt behind it.

Mina jumped out of her chair over to you, wrapping her arms around you in a huge, excited hug.

"Welcome to the band, Y/N!"

✩    *     ⋆    ✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 7.2K 53
what will happen to ayasha (šŸ¶) after their marriage contract with mikael (šŸ¦Š) ended? Knowing that she's pregnant with the billionaire? This story a...
157K 11.3K 61
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
821K 32.9K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
2M 57.5K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...