From The Window To The Wall

By Bobbiejelly

"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Addie. Y'know, because you're tall and all." More

From the Window To The Wall
From the Window To The Wall 2
From the Window To The Wall 3
From the Window To The Wall 5
From the Window To The Wall 6
From the Window To The Wall 7
From the Window To The Wall 8
From The Window To The Wall 9

From the Window To The Wall 4

484 27 10
By Bobbiejelly

From the Window To The Wall 4

When Meredith wakes up from her nap, Derek walks into the room first with a contemplative expression, and it causes Meredith to quirk an eyebrow at him.

"You are just one of the many men that I happen to be dating at the moment... Meredith says rather openly.

"Really, how many of us are there?" Derek teases her.

"Well, uh, there's ah, you, and there's Finn, and ah-" Meredith smiles.

"Well, forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but I don't see any practitioners of veterinary medicine at your bedside," Derek smiles.

"You would if you turned around," Finn Dandridge appears, as if by magic.

"Ah, Finn," Derek smiles politely.

"Can I just say how much it helps that I'm on drugs now?" Meredith grins sheepishly.

"So," says Derek.

"So," says Finn.

"So how's life in the animal kingdom?" Derek teases.

"How about you? Slow day?" Finn asks Derek.

"Not too bad," says Derek, as he turns his head to see another face peering through the door.

"Addie!" Meredith cheers, as she makes a sweeping gesture to welcome her into her hospital suite.

"Well hello there Dr. Grey. Derek. Finn. Wow, what a party," Addison smiles.

"Yes, Dr. Grey here was just telling me all about her many boyfriends," Derek laughs.

"Wait, does she- Meredith do you have a girlfriend that we didn't know about too?" Finn asks her, gesturing between her and Addison.

"Well, I was actually hoping you'd stop by so I could talk to you about that," Meredith smirks at all of them.

"I see," says Finn, dumbfounded.

"Right," says Derek.

"So y'know, you boys are both very pretty. Don't get me wrong about that. But Addison, she's the prettiest. And I think that it's only fair that she gets to date me too, and she's sorta already behind so I owe her one. What d'ya say, Addie? Do you wanna date me? Because I wanna date you-" Meredith rambles.

Addison blushes, touched by Meredith's attention and honesty.

Before Addison has the chance to answer, George O'Malley walks into the room.

"Okay, let's get you prepped and ready. Dr. Shepherd. Dr. Finn. Dr Montgomery..." George fumbles.

"Now all of my boyfriends are here! Meet my new girlfriend, George. Isn't she charming?" Meredith grins.

"You're all so handsome. Even Addison can be handsome too. And you're all such good kissers, even though I don't really know if Addison is a good kisser or not because I haven't kissed her yet but I already really know she's a good kisser because if she had both McDreamy and McSteamy then she's gotta be excellent. Plus I mean she's so sensitive she's definitely thoughtful so I bet she'd be the best kisser ever. And I really would like to try that. Like maybe now-" Meredith rambles, and George's jaw drops at the insinuation that Meredith would just kiss Dr. Montgomery right in front of all of them.

"Oh. God-" George cuts in as he takes in the absurdity of the situation.

"Excuse me!?" Finn cuts in.

"She's on drugs," George tries to cover this up for himself.

"He's an excellent kisser-" Meredith considers aloud.

Addison raises her eyebrows and shrugs a little, and Finn chokes a bit, and tries to cover it up with a cough.

"You two dated?" Finn inquires.

"You didn't know?" Derek chirps.

"It wasn't a date so much of a... disastrously... uncomfortable... sexual experience..." Meredith cringes.

"We've moved past it. We're just friends now-" George explains.

"Yeah. Just friends. No benefits, but we're happy that way," Meredith clarifies, in case it was not already obvious.

"I see..." Finn shifts from foot to foot awkwardly.

"So, are we going to present?" George asks them.

"Yeah, I'll present," says Meredith.

"So far, Derek and Finn have both gone on two dates with me, and Addison hasn't had any and I still gotta kiss her, but she gets a bonus because she's super-duper model sexy and I kinda wanna shove my tongue down her throat-" Meredith giggles.

"Ahem, I meant y'know, about the medical case?" George sighs a little.

"Oh, right. That's boring while I'm high so you can do that part if you want," Meredith shrugs.

"Great, Meredith Grey, admitted for stomach pain which resulted in appendicitis. Schedule for an appendectomy with Dr. Bailey and I in an hour or so. Prescribed morphine for the pain, hence being sorta stoned," George explains.

"Very professional," Finn compliments.

"Thank you," says George.

"Do they do this in veterinary medicine also?" Derek inquires.

"We do in fact, have cases," Finn advocates.

"Hey, no squabbling. I like my lovers getting along," Meredith protests.

"Well, I'm not sure if I really fall into that category anymore, and right now I'm Meredith's doctor, so I'm just going to see myself out, and Dr. Bailey will be up here to check on you Meredith, in an hour.

"Bye George," Meredith cheers, and the others mirror politely.

"And then there were three," Derek says crisply.

"Are thinking of backing out now that your ex-wife is in the mix?" Finn asks him.

"Hmm, well she's some tough competition. I might actually have to step aside this time," Derek says without an ounce of malice, repeating Addison's phrasing from earlier so that she knows that she's catching it.

"Seriously?" Finn asks Derek.

"Yeah, I'm okay with it. Goodbye Meredith, we can be friends though," Derek kisses her on the cheek goodbye.

"Bye-bye Derek. You were the greatest boyfriend before your secret wife showed up here," Meredith smiles at him as she says this quite bluntly.

"And then there were two," Meredith says. "Well, Finn, I think it's time that Addie and I got a bit of a chance to catch up but talk to ya later, okay?" Meredith says sweetly.

"See you once you're out," Finn says as he follows Derek outside of the room.

"So is this some sort of divorce deal with you and Addison?" Finn inquires the moment they're out of earshot.

"Sort of. I still want her to be happy. I still want Meredith to be happy. Seemed like an obvious solution," Derek shrugs.

"Shoot," Finn sighs.

"What?" Derek asks him.

"Nothing," says Finn.

"Well, alright then. Thanks for taking care of Doc," Derek says.

"No problem," says Finn, and once Derek has walked away, he mutters something about being hopeless against all the 'lesbians'.

Meanwhile, Meredith beckons Addison to sit with her again, this time with slightly less innocent intentions than last time.

"So I know it's not super romantic or anything, but you are already in bed with me, and I consider that definitely a win," Meredith giggles.

"Alrighty, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here," says Addison, as she leans in, to kiss Meredith on the forehead.

"I'm not, I'm just being realistic. You're the coziest. You cuddle me, and stroke my hair, and you smell nice. And plus, I want you in my bed for other reasons. I think you can guess what those are," Meredith smirks at Addison very unsubtly.

"Well, smelling nice isn't the worst thing," Addison laughs. "You smell like lavender. It's very nice," Addison adds as well.

"Okay, we can take things slow if you want, I just get impatient," says Meredith reluctantly. Can I still kiss you though?" Meredith pleads her.

"Why don't we save that for once you're off all of these drugs so we can be sure you'll remember it," Addison offers her tentatively.

"Oh, I could never forget kissing you," Meredith leans into her anyway.

"Sleep now, kissing later," Addison chuckles, as she begins to caress Meredith's hair again.

"Fine, only for you," Meredith sighs, as she tucks Addison's arm around her.

They fall asleep together, and when Mark walks by the room, he walks in to tuck them both under the covers before he finds his way out again.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 34 10
โš ๏ธ โš ๏ธWARNING WARNING WARNINGโš ๏ธโš ๏ธ Adult content Language *DO NOT READ IF YOU EASILY GET OFFENDED* *DO NOT REPORT* Stubborn, Love, Insecure, Feelings...
24.2K 787 43
I'm not going to write a description for this I'll let the words speak for themselves
1.2K 54 16
"Admit it you want to be with him and not me." "No thats not true." I say "ADMIT IT EMILY!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Short story
6.6K 808 66
"I wish I could talk to you, but it doesn't look like I can anymore." 5/5/15 #10 in short stories