𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 | 𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐯�...

By Gentle8Kisses

[Book One] "My mother named me Enola. Which backward spells alone And yet I never was" definition: isolated o... More

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭
𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐬
𝐄𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞
𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐧
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫
𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬
𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐭
𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
General question...

𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

7.4K 295 14
By Gentle8Kisses

"Bang on the door harder," Enola shouted as Sky tried once again to open the door. The specialist had been trying to get into the suite for the past few seconds while she and Bloom waited, knowing neither of their powers would help them open the door.

"Sure, I don't need brain cells," Sky shot back, looking over to the mind fairy whose eyes were glowing in and out as the thoughts of the girls inside filled her mind.

Enola didn't know who, but they were all worried about someone who was attacked by the burned one. She was terrified to find out it was Musa, as she didn't know if she could handle losing the little family she had left. The mind fairy wasn't going to even give her the chance of trying, as she continued to try and encourage Sky.

"Someone inside is severely hurt, Sky!"

Sky looked over to Enola in shock before nodding his head. Any former attitude went as she rammed his shoulder into the wooden door once again, causing it to snap open. Enola didn't hesitate to burst inside the suite, her eyes flickering over to Musa immediately as she let out a sigh of relief, "thank goodness," she spoke before looking over to the other girls who seemed fine as well.

Just as a smile was about to appear on her face, assuming she had heard wrong, her eyes followed to who they were kneeling over.

Everything stopped moving as a ringing noise filled Enola's ears as she watched Sam on the ground with three deep cuts running from his ribs all the way down to his waist, streaked with the murky black poison that could only come from a burned one. His eyes were clenched shut as he squirmed back in forth in pain as his cries filled the room.

Enola finally understood what the thoughts meant and why there was a sense of urgency in them. Based off of Sam's injuries, he wouldn't be able to make it by the end of the night.

"Oh my god," Enola said, dropping to her feet, as she reached out to grab Sam's free hand, "Sam," she hiccuped as tears began to cloud her vision.

The moment her hand grabbed onto his, Enola was pulled into his mind. The thoughts that were once filled with calming and peaceful thoughts were tainted by the torturous screams of pain that he felt as the poison seeped into his body. The pain that the mind fairy had grown used to that came from the burned one was nothing compared to what Sam felt, as Enola forced herself to let go of him.

Falling back, as she guiltily tried to escape Sam's thoughts, Enola watched as Sky and Aisha grabbed onto him, helping him up before dragging him towards the door. She was frozen as she watched them take him away.

"We need to get him to the courtyard," Sky ordered, "They are barricading it off. We'll be safe there."

"Enola," Musa snapped her fingers in front of her sister's teary face, "Get out of it. You need to be there for him."

Enola numbly let her twin pull her to her feet as she began to follow the rest of the group out of the room, careful to not stand near Sam, as she was scared to encounter his thoughts again. Looking over to Musa instead, she asked, "Why was he in the corridor?"

"Looking for you idiot," Musa snapped, as she rubbed her sister's shoulders to help her calm down, "He was waiting for you in the suite and went to check and see what was going on when we heard noises."

Enola felt even more guilty as her body shook with tears, watching as they dragged a barely conscious Sam to the courtyard. He got hurt because of her, and she was too weak to even be there for him.

"Musa," Enola sniffed, "I can't-"

"I know," Musa sighed, pulling her sister in her arms as they stopped walking for a second, "I couldn't either."

Everything seemed to blur together as they arrived at the courtyard, placing Sam on the medbay table. Someone called out for Zambaq as all the girls moved to swarm around him. Terra held his hand while Enola stood next o him, her mouth slightly hung open as she looked down at him, her eyes sore from crying.

"There's so much blood," Harvey spoke, causing Enola to look down at the red scarlet liquid seeping out of his side, mixing with the black toxins the burned one left. Harvey reached over to look at the injury more, but it only seemed to make things worse as Sam screamed out in pain.

"Why didn't you come to me immediately," Harvey shouted, looking over at Terra, who still had silent tears streaming down her face as she held her brother's hands.

"'Cause we were locked in our room, dad," Terra spat as she looked over at her father, "Remember?"

Harvey guilty looked down at his son as he continued to groan out in pain. Despite avoiding her touch, Enola's thoughts were still stained with Sam's miserable cries for help that seemed to inhibit him from thinking of anything else.

The growls of the burned ones could be heard from the gates of the courtyard as they banged against the door, trying to get inside. Enola wasn't fazed by the oncoming attack as she couldn't take her eyes off of the lovable earth fairy who was dying in front of her.

Musa grabbed onto Enola's hand as she tightened her grip, watching as her sister helplessly looked over at her boyfriend as he writhed in pain. The music-loving twin knew that his injured state was a fresh and early reminder of their mother's death a few months before.

Enola's face screwed up into a painful expression as she watched Sam wince as the zambaq was poured over his wounds. She couldn't bear to see him so in pain and out of his element.

"Why isn't the zambaq working?" Terra looked up at her father as she watched Sam display no improvement in his overall state as he continued to cry out in pain.

Enola looked up at Harvey, whose hands were now a bright red from all of the blood Sam was losing, "the wound is too deep, and I found a piece of the burned one splinter near his heart."

Musa slowly backed away as the pain worsened in both Sam and Enola. Running to find a pair of headphones, she tried to get as far away from everything as possible, leaving Enola alone as she dealt with Sam's pain as well as the fearful thoughts of every student in the room.

Harvey grabbed a pair of tweezers, applying pressure to the wound as he tried to pull the splinter out. Enola's eyes turned pink as his thoughts entered her mind, causing her to cry out before desperately looking over at his father, "He's in pain. Help him."

"I'm doing all I can," Harvey looked up at the fairy as he reached for a long er pair of tweezers before looking back up at Enola, "But there is something you can do. You're a mind fairy. Hearing thoughts is only a small part of your magic. You can also take them. and as you know, pain is more about the mind than it is feeling."

Enola looked over to Harvey with a dumbfounded expression before flicking her eyes back down to Sam. She had tried to master that skill only once in her life, and it failed. She wasn't sure if she could handle going through it again.

As her eyes fell over to Sam, however, she realized she had no choice. Any pain would be worth not having to watch him like this. Not moving her teary eyes from his wound, she gulped, "How?"

"Instead of just listening or pushing it away, bring it in. All of it!"

Enola nodded her head as she moved over to take Terra's spot, grabbing his hand in her two smaller ones as she closed her eyes. Closing her eyes, Enola tried to find the memories of Sam getting hurt as she pulled them in.

Pictures of the burned one approaching her face seeped into her brain before flashing to the pain of the cut as he miserably tried to drag himself away, his thoughts centered around Enola the entire time.

Enola screamed as the pain entered her mind, tears practically flooding her senses as she continued to pull all the pain in.

Different pictures began to fly into her mind, however, as she delved later into Sam's thoughts taking memories of the two of them laughing together in the rose garden. She felt her entire body warm as his thoughts attempted to focus purely on her after the injury, trying to calm himself down as Terra freaked out above him.

Before long, Enola didn't even realize she had fallen back as her power took over her, a new picture coming to her mind. Her mom.

"Honey," the woman smiled, her hair a dark black color like Musa's but her eyes a perfect match to Enola's own. Their mother was truly beautiful as she smiled up at her two daughters from the small bed that she laid down in, "Why so glum," the woman laughed, her voice hearty and full despite her weakened state, "Ever see a dead girl walking?"

Enola shook her head, tears falling down her cheeks as Musa sat beside her, shaking her head, "Mom, don't say that. You are going to be fine."

"I hope," the twin's mother looked over at her oldest daughter Enola with a smile, "Is Dr. Wells close? Can you hear him?"

Enola knew about their mother's illness before Musa because of her powers and never confronted her. The twin always thought that she was taking the proper precautions and didn't want to tell them because she would be fine. That turned out to be a lie when their mother finally told them she was sick.

Unlike her sister, who had taken to spending every second with her mother beforehand, mostly ignoring her illness. Enola researched everything possible. Trying to learn any facts or research known by mankind about what her mother was going through. She even began to listen in on all the doctor's conversations to check on her mother's personal stats.

Enola knew so much about her mother's illness that she could tell you the precise percent the woman had of surviving based off of what she did. The young girl truly was devoted to taking care of her.

Yet none of it seemed to matter as she looked up at her mother with a teary smile, a big 5% hanging over her head as she ran the numbers through her head. Everything Enola did, all the medicine and the therapy made a difference as her mother's chances didn't change.

"Little Miss I Love to Be Alone," Enola's mother called out her daughter's longwinded nickname, that she had made up for the child after a temper tantrum she had in grade school, "Lay it on my doc," she joked, barely a tear in her eye.

Enola could never get over how casually her mother treated her illness. As if it weren't the most deadly thing she could possibly experience. As if it wasn't sucking her soul away piece by piece. That wasn't her mother, however. Their mother would never let a rainy day bring her down. And mesothelioma was the rainiest of days.

Despite her mother's cheerful appearance, Enola could hear the woman's thoughts as they were filled with the same painful shouts Sam's were. The mind fairy failed to take her thoughts at the time, so instead, she did the next best thing.

"You are going to be fine," Enola chocked out, listening as her mother's thoughts slowly began to relax as a bright smile graved her face, "Dr. Wells will arrive in more than enough time."

"Really," the older woman laughed, her entire spirit renewed as she looked at both her daughters, moving her arms to signal them for a huge. Both twins rushed to her as they covered their mother in a tight group hug, tears mixing together before they're pulled away, each grabbing one of her hands, "I love you both so much," she whispered with a smile.

"We know," they said in unison, tearfully watching as their mother slowly began to close her eyes. Enola felt a burning in her chest as she fought the tears that were fighting to break free as she watched her mother dying in front of her.

"I am going to take a small nap before Dr. Wells arrives," she smiled, weakly squeezing their hands, "Wake me up when it's time?"

"We will," Enola nodded as she watched her mother's eyes close.

The memory faded away as Enola blinked herself back into the present, watching as Sam lay down on the table silent as he drearily asked what was going on. The mind fairy could move from her spot as her entire frame shook with tears at the memory of her mother's death.

The mind fairy had pushed the memory back for so long that she forgot what truly happened that day.

She lied to her mother. She told her she would live knowing there was no way. She couldn't bear to see her in any more pain, so she let her rest in peace, not fear. That is why Musa was so upset the day they found out about the faculty keeping secrets because she knew that Enola kept the most important secret from their mother.

"Hey," Musa's voice appeared from beside her, rubbing her back as she pulled her sister into a hug, "It's okay."

Enola's words blubbered as she tried to apologize to her sister. The tears covering her face seemed to blur out her features as she fell into her sister.

"No," Enola shook her head, tears falling down her face as she looked over to her twin sister as her eyes glowed a light purple, calming her nerves, "I lied to her-"

"Because it was better than letting her die in pain," Musa cut her off, a small laugh, "You didn't do anything wrong, E," she paused as she looked over to Sam, who still would need someone to distract him before new memories surfaced of his energy, "And now let me help you."

Enola looked over at Sam then Musa in confusion, not understanding what her sister was alluding to. Why wouldn't she be able to stay and help Sam herself? Keeping his memories out would be the easiest part, the mind fairy knew she could handle, "Why-?"

"Because you are coming with me to kill the damn burned one that attacked him in the first place," Bloom said, looking up at Enola with a scared expression as she shoved her shaky hands in her pockets, "So come on."

Enola could barely argue against the girls before she was shoved up by Musa, who pushed her over to Bloom. Turning back, she watched as Musa approached Sam, placing her hand on his shoulder as she kept his emotions at bay while they finished treating his wound.

Following Bloom, the mind fairy only turned back once as her eyes glimmered pink, sending Sam a message just before she jumped down the secret passageway with Stella, Bloom, and Aisha.

'I love you way too damn much to let you leave me that easy.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1K 20
🄷2🄾 🄵🄰🅃🄴: 🅃🄷🄴 🅆🄸🄽🅇 🅂🄰🄶🄰 "ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴀᴄᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴏꜰ ɪᴛ" ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴀɪʀʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ...
12.4K 298 13
"I need you to talk to me Sparky." "Go back to not caring Riven." FATE THE WINX SAGA S1-S2 Riven x OC female character All rights reserved
14K 258 15
"In the end the shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach" J.R.R Tolkien I will face God an...
216K 5.7K 46
∾✧。LIE TO ME【BOOK TWO】 ۵∾ ❛AND I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T BUT IF I ASK YOU IF YOU LOVE ME I HOPE YOU LI-LI-LI-LIE LIE TO M...