teach me to be innocent, l.he...

By fckinghealy

when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence More

#1: no punching people
#3: don't hide your brilliant mind
#4: be the seducer not the seduced
#5: don't laugh at someone's embarrassment
#6: breaking curfew won't kill you
#7: giving to others is rewarding
#8: weed never killed nobody
#9: respect women
#10: don't assume i'm a whore
#11: don't underestimate girl power
#12: don't overestimate my control
#13: promise to leave me alone
#14: sometimes you have to break promises
#15: tequila shots don't heal broken people
#16: good people forgive
#17: other people's actions aren't a reflection of your worth
#18: time can heal all wounds
#19: fucking doesn't mean lack of love
#20: i'll always be back for you
#21: being good has benefits
#22: michael is full of surprises
#23: everyone's a rebound
#24: the truth always comes out
#26: it should be illegal for you to wear my clothes
end

#2: ditching is a thrill

15.2K 463 245
By fckinghealy

PICTURE: LUKE HEMMINGS

Despite my best efforts at tempting Luke to go eat with his friends, he still followed me into the cafeteria. I huffed but knew deep down I'd feel guilty if I asked him to leave.

"Won't Michael get mad if you don't sit with him?" I opted for another tactic, seeing if my lovely new "client" would feel a sense of guilt at ditching his best friend.

"He's not a two-year old." Luke said seriously. "Besides, I think he's too busy fucking some girl in the janitors closet to care."

I choked on my own saliva at Luke's blatant ability to discuss his friend's sex life. He watched on in enjoyment as I tried to regain my composure.

"Wipe that smug smile off your face." I grumbled, before I grabbed a tray and walked over to the food.

"This stuff is disgusting." Luke scrunched his nose up and ignored the offended huff from the cafeteria lady. "I think selling this stuff should be illegal." He commented as the lady slapped some mystery meat onto his tray.

I smiled politely and opted for the fruit salad. At least I could easily identify the rotten fruit. In that mystery meat you couldn't even identify the main ingredient. I swiped my student card and walked over to my friends.

I didn't bother to check and see if Luke was following me. His constant complaints and whining about "suing the school" were enough for me to know he was indeed carrying out this plan to sit with us.

"Um, Ari, you do realise there is some weird kid lurking behind you." Katherine raised her eyebrow as I sat down. I shot her a look.

"Don't act like you don't know me, love." Luke smirked, sitting next to me. "I'm not stupid enough to act like I don't know you after three years of school."

Calum chuckled quietly but didn't say anything. Ashton on the other hand hummed loudly. I thought he was about to say something but instead he turned to look at me.

"How was class?" He asked, completely dismissing the fact Luke was sitting with us. It wasn't in a rude way either, it was just in a way that let everyone know that Ashton didn't have a problem with Luke.

"It was okay." I answered absently. Katherine was glaring at Luke and I, probably wondering what was up. I smiled innocently at my best friend, and tried to tell her with my eyes to act nice and not say anything stupid.

I hid my smile as Katherine rolled her eyes dramatically. "Why is Luke Hemmings sitting with us?"

"Ah, there you go, doll. It appears know my name after all." Luke stabbed at his mystery meat, whilst I nudged him. If he wanted to sit with us, he'd have to at least pretend to not hate my friends.

"Well, I'm helping Luke—"

Luke clapped his hand over my mouth. "She's decided she'd like to have a taste of the dark side."

-x-

"I don't think your friends liked me very much." Luke commented as he shoved his hands in his pocket and walked with me to our next class—the dreaded Math.

"Probably not." I agreed, opening the door and stepping inside what I secretly called Hell. Math was not my forte.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be all sweet and say 'Of course they like you, Luke! What's not to like?'" Luke pitched his voice at my part.

"Yeah, you're right. What's not to like?" I said sarcastically.

I sat down in my usual seat, but was surprised when Luke plopped his stuff next to mine. I gave him a curious stare. I know I agreed to help him show his emotions but I didn't think he'd be so willing to hang around me.

"Sarcasm is an easy way to hurt someone." Luke snickered, reaching over and flicking my cheek. "You should learn to use it, beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. "I know how to use sarcasm, obviously, as I just did."

Luke seemed to find my statement amusing, because I could feel his shoulders silently jostling against mine. He was obviously trying to keep in his laughter. I shot him a blank stare, to which he returned with an innocent smile.

"You don't use it often. You're too nice. You have a quick wit, Arizona, and you should let people see it more." Luke nudged my shoulder. "Live a little." His hot breath fanned against the shell of my ear before he chuckled quietly.

I jolted upright, earning another low chuckle from him. He was trying to get a reaction out of me, I thought bitterly as I stared at the blackboard in front of me.

"Why would I want to hurt someone?" I asked quietly, writing down the notes Mrs. Cheshire started to jot down on the board.

"Not necessarily hurt someone," Luke seemed thoughtful, "but it'd show others that you're not a push-over."

"You're right. I should use sarcasm all the time because then I'll be just like you, which is my plan in life." I drawled.

Luke's lips quirked into a smile. "You're a quick study."

I looked at him with a confused expression before I realised the tone I had taken on was on the slightly most sarcastic side. "Damn it."

"That's my girl." Luke said with a cheerful grin. "Next step will be getting you to swear."

I rolled my eyes and decided not to respond to his delusions. I hadn't even agreed to this. If I remember correctly, I told him I'd teach him how to be good. However, I didn't sign up for these 'bad girl' lessons he seemed so willing to give me.

"Why did you stop me from explaining things to my friends?" I asked suddenly, remembering what had happened at lunch when Katherine inquired about Luke sitting with us.

"I'd like a bit of discrepancy with this deal." Luke huffed. "I don't need the whole bloody school knowing that I'm trying to learn how to fake innocence."

"Yeah, but now my friends think I have a thing for you or something." I muttered under my breath, only to fall silent when Mrs. Cheshire shot me a warning look.

Luke gave a short bark of laughter. "Well, who wouldn't?"

"Who wouldn't what, Mr. Hemmings?" Mrs. Cheshire sighed loudly as she turned to face us, obviously having heard the last part of our conversation.

Everyone went silent and turned in their seats to look at us. I blushed and sunk down in my chair, having not experienced this sort of attention. I never got in trouble during class.

"Who wouldn't fuck me?" Luke grinned mischievously.

For the second time that day, Luke Hemmings caused me to choke. I stuttered out a quick apology to Mrs. Cheshire as her cheeks burned in anger. Luke was leaning back with a sly smile as the class tried to contain their delight at his provocative words.

"Mr. Hemmings and Ms. Starke, would you please go wait in the hall?" Mrs. Cheshire demanded through gritted teeth.

"Wait, I didn't do anything—"

"Now!" She barked and I shot out of my chair like I had been electrocuted.

I looked down in shame as I walked out of the classroom. Luke followed me in a lazy strut. He didn't seem to care that this could potentially ruin our grades.

"Thanks a lot." I grunted, crossing my arms over my chest as I looked up to glare at the boy, however all I saw was Luke walking down the hallway. "Wait, where are you going? You're going to get us into more trouble." I hissed.

Luke shrugged absently. "We're already in trouble, who cares?"

"I care!" I looked at him like he was delusional.

Without warning he stepped closer to me, definitely invading my personal space. I spluttered out a confused "what are you doing?"

"I'm going to ditch." Luke tilted his head, looking at me as he backed me up against the wall. "Lesson two: ditching is a thrill."

"I am not ditching." I declared, crossing my arms over my chest with an indignant huff.

"C'mon," Luke nudged my cheek with his nose, stepping even closer to me. His hands came down on the wall next to my head, trapping me between the cool concrete and his body. "Be bad, beautiful." He whispered.

My breath hitched and I tried desperately not to react to his words. I bit my lip nervously before glancing back to the classroom. I didn't really want to face Mrs. Cheshire after this.

"I—I don't know." I choked out.

"Just think of how thrilling it would be to skip with me," Luke purred, running his thumb across my lip. "Please, love, I know you want to get out of here."

"I—ugh, fine." I gave up. "I'll skip class if you promise to be nice to my friends."

"I'll try," Luke backed away with a satisfied smirk. "But I'm not nice, Arizona. That's why you're helping me."

I immediately released the air I had been holding, whilst giving him a curious look. I assumed that was the closest I would get to him accepting my proposition.

"Okay, so... where are you taking me?" I asked, letting my teeth graze over my bottom lip.

"You'll see." Luke chuckled softly. "Remind me to teach you how to ignore seduction later. You're way too easy to tempt."

"Screw you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 311 26
In which a bully changes his mind.
16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with
61.4K 730 71
all in the title
441K 15.9K 31
or when a girl and boy meet at a party and give each other endearing nicknames such as lucifer and indiana jones