Falling, Fallen

Od nomane123

Your name is Raquel (Rachel) Volkov. Your life hasn't been easy. You watched your parents die when you were f... Více

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Sequel

Chapter 6

490 16 2
Od nomane123

RAQUEL'S POV

When I woke up, I was back at the apartment. I was confused and for a second I even thought I was dead.

"Look who finally woke up"

I jumped out of bed as soon as I heard his voice, I couldn't believe my eyes when they landed on him. I was convinced that I'd never see him again yet there he was, Charlie. At that moment, I didn't care how I got back or what had happened, the only thing I could think about was how much I wanted to hug him.

I sprinted towards him and wrapped my arms around him. 

As soon as he held me in his arms I felt safe again, happy. 

I was so happy I hadn't even realized that we had fallen to the ground.

"I missed you" - I muttered, hugging him tighter as I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"What do you mean you missed me? You just saw me!" - he replied jokingly.

"So it was all just a dream?! None of it was real!" - you could hear the relief in my voice and I don't think Charlie had seen me smile like that in a very long time.

"I guess so" - he replied. I could tell he was confused by my reactions but I was too happy to explain why I was acting as I'd just seen a ghost.

As soon as I got off the floor, it came to me. "Where's Lucas?" - I must've sounded like a hyperactive puppy, I sure know I felt like one.

"I think he's in his room, he should be up by -" - before he could finish even finish talking, I had already run off to see Lucas.

I stopped by his door right before opening it, I didn't want to scare him or get confused by my overenthusiasm.

I pulled myself together and opened the door expecting to see Lucas sleeping or picking his clothes, instead I opened the door to see Strucker inside of my brother's room. He was holding a gun against Lucas' head.

It probably wasn't wise to scream but I couldn't help myself.

"CHARLIE!" - I was panicking and I couldn't figure out what to do or what was going on.

"It wasn't a dream" - I whispered to myself, all of a sudden I felt light-headed and I was having trouble standing up.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US! LET HIM GO!" - you could hear the pain, the panic, and the sadness in my voice.

Strucker only seemed amused by my reaction. "приведи его" (bring him in) - he commanded. He was staring slightly past me as if there was someone behind me that I hadn't noticed yet.

I turned around only to see my uncle walk in, he was holding Charlie and had a gun pointed towards his head.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" - I cried out, tears falling down my face. I was feeling so many different emotions, I felt as if I was having a panic attack.

"Why do you think you idiot" - my uncle replied, he seemed annoyed, yet amused at the same time. He looked straight at me and chuckled, "because of you".

Both he and Strucker laughed, they were staring at me enjoying themselves, and before I could even realize what was happening. "BANG!". Everything was loud right before everything went quiet, I could hear the echoes of Strucker's laughter, he was right next to me, and yet he sounded as if he were far away. They shot. Charlie and Lucas were now lying on the floor, bleeding, and dead.

I dropped to my knees, I felt as If someone had just punched me in the stomach and stabbed me in the heart. It literally felt as if my heart had been ripped out of my chest, there was no other way to describe it.

A scream escaped my mouth, like an instinct, it was as like my body was moving without my knowledge, and I was just standing there looking.

My breathing got heavier and I felt a wave of pain hit my body, causing me to scream.

"NOOOO!"

When I opened my eyes I was back in my cell, I was crying.

I could hear Pietro and Wanda bickering in the background, I didn't understand what they were saying and to be honest I didn't really care to listen.

Every time that I closed my eyes I would see the image of Charlie and Lucas dead on the ground, and me unable to help them.

I felt a sharp pain in my temples. My left arm was numb and had a bruise where they had interested the needle.

"Rachel!" - Wanda said, I felt like I had just woken up from a trance.

I quickly wiped my tears away and tried to stop thinking about my brothers' dead bodies bleeding out on the floor.

"What happened?" - I asked, I was genuinely confused about what was going on.

"You were asleep and all of a sudden you started screaming" - Pietro said, I could hear a tone of concern in his voice.

"What happened? Are you okay? Are you in pain?" - his sister added, she was worried.

"I guess it was just a bad dream" - I replied, but I wasn't sure that it was, everything seemed so real, my brothers, the guns, the pain. I couldn't keep the image out of my head long enough to figure out what happened.

PIETRO'S POV

"I can tell that you care for her" - my sister teased, she was referring to Rachel

"I don't care for her"

"Then why can't you stop staring at the wall waiting for her to speak"

"Because I'm curious about how she knew what they were doing to her, and I'm wondering if she's been experimented on before she got here" - I defended.

She gave me a look, she was going to leave it at that but I could tell that she wasn't convinced.

All of a sudden a scream came from Rachel's cell.

Instinctively I asked, "Rachel are you ok?!!", she didn't respond, "Are you hurt?!", she still didn't respond.

"What is going on?" I asked Wand, hoping she could use her powers to figure it out.

Wanda closed her eyes, I guess she was trying to concentrate. A few seconds later she grunted in pain, causing her to lose her balance.

I caught her before she could hit the ground, I looked at her up and down, checking in case she had hurt herself. "Are you okay? What happened?" I asked I was concerned about my sister and despite my best efforts, I was also a little bit concerned about Rachel.

"I'm okay, it's her who's in pain" - Wanda replied. I was relieved that she was okay but concerned that Rachel wasn't.

"What's wrong with her"

"I couldn't tell, when I went into her head I couldn't see or hear anything, I only felt pain" - my sister explain, I could tell that she was no really worried about Rachel.

"NO!" - it was the second scream that came from her cell, this one was filled with pain, and sadness, and grief. I felt bad just listening to her scream.

"What happened?"- referring my question to Wanda in hopes that she'd know.

"Why would I know" - she complained.

"I don't know, maybe because you have mind-reading abilities or something" - I knew that it wasn't the time to make jokes, but I could tell that Wanda appreciated it since she stopped worrying about Rachel for a second.

"Rachel", Wanda got no response, "RACHEL", once again there was no response, "RACHEL!", this time she finally got Rachel to respond.

"What happened?" - she responded, she sounded worried and confused.

"You were asleep and all of a sudden you started screaming" - I answered, I was concerned about her, she actually gave me a good scare.

"What happened? Are you okay? Are you in pain?" - Wanda asked, she was worried.

She took a big breath before answering us, "I guess it was just a bad dream".

I think that it wasn't just a bad dream. The scream she let out, you don't scream like that for just a dream. She was genuinely and completely terrified and in pain. It was like grief and guilt. I could tell that Rachel was shaken up enough as it is, so I decided not to express my opinion since it would only make her more worried and sad.

RACHEL'S POV

"What are they doing to us?" - I asked, referring to the experiments and the scientists.

"They're trying to change us" - Pietro replied.

Before I could even ask what he meant Wanda immediately responded, "It's like they're injecting us with powers" - she replied.

What the hell did she mean by powers? What the hell is going on here?

"That's why it hurts so much, it's like it goes through our veins trying to change us from the inside" - Pietro added.

"We're the only two "subjects" that haven't died from the injection and that have actually gained powers from it" - Wanda added to her brother's explanation

"So you guys actually have superpowers" - I asked, I was being sarcastic but and sincere at the same time.

"More like abilities" - Pietro said.

"I have telekinetic powers and can read and manipulate people's minds" she paused for a moment, as to let me process the information before she continued, "And Pietro has enhanced speed and metabolism" - she said it as if it was the most normal thing in the universe.

I guess that Pietro could tell I was confused and decided to add to Wanda's explanation. "In simple terms; I'm fast and she's weird" - he joked.

"So you can tell what I'm thinking" - I asked Wanda.

"Sometimes I have to choose to listen to people's thoughts, but other times I don't even have to try. But I do have my limits"

"What do you mean" - I asked.

"If I wanted to know something, like a memory, I'd have to search your mind to find it. I try to keep to myself on that part, I feel like it's not my place" - She said, her accent thickened.

I felt relieved that she hadn't gone through my memories.

"Are they trying to give me powers too"

"Yes", Pietro replied.

Once again Wanda answered my question before I even got the chance to ask. "They don't choose the powers that they give, that kind of depends more on the person".

"You said that the others died right?" - I was nervous, I couldn't die, I just couldn't, I had to go back for Charlie and Lucas.

"They did" - Pietro replied, it sounded like he didn't really want to say it, and I could tell that he was sad.

"But you'll be okay, don't worry" - said Wanda, "I can sense that you don't want to die, you're a fighter".

As soon as Wanda finished her sentence the guard came into my cell. He tied my hands together and dragged me to the darkroom.

...

I hope you are enjoying the story. I have a clearer idea of what I'm going to do with the story but if you have any questions, comments, opinions, suggestions, or requests feel free to let me know. Also, let me know what you think will happen next and how do you feel about what's happened so far. Chapter 7 will be out soon!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

252K 8.3K 49
You're Tony's sister and he has agreed to let you move into HQ. 6 months ago your girlfriend died so Tony has been looking out for you since. Your po...
5.1K 179 33
Love is a dagger. It's a weapon to be wielded far away or close up so you can see yourself in it. It's beautiful until it makes you bleed. --------- ...
2.6K 69 14
You were one of the best detectives until one day you happened to meet a Hydra member. Ever since that day, nothing has been the same. You have been...
49K 1.8K 13
𝘈𝘜𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘌 ── ˢᵗᵉʳⁿ ᶜᵒˡᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵃⁿⁿᵉʳ. ᗢ 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙰𝚉𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙴𝚂 🕸️ 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙿𝙸𝙳...