Flaming Hearts ~Fire with Fir...

By Namifangurl07

"You know. . . Despite our differences, we both have the same flame inside of us. " I told him with honesty a... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Like Movie Clichés
CH2 - The Nightmare Begins
CH3 - Forced Invitations
CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part 1
CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part2
CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part3
CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part4
CH5 - New Members. . . . ?
CH6 - Crazy Boat Rides and Night Visits
CH7 - The Dark Tournament Begin
CH8 - The Little Mighty Foe
CH9 - The Element of Surprise
CH10- Rose With Many Thorns
CH11 - Playing with Fire
CH12 - The Drunken Warrior - Part 1
CH12 - The Drunken Warrior - Part 2
CH13 - The Knife Edge Death Match
CH14 - Night Talks - Part 1
CH14 - Night Talks - Part2
CH15 - Old Memories
CH16 - A day in waiting. . .
CH17 - Fighting For What's Right - Part 1
CH17 - Fighting For What's Right - Part 2
CH17 - Fighting For What's Right - Part 3
CH17 - Fighting For What's Right - Part4
CH18 - Team Urameshi vs Team Masho
CH19 - The Art of Fights
CH20 - Determination - Part 1
CH20 - Determination - Part 2
CH21 - A Brother's Rage - Part1
CH21 - A Brother's Rage - Part2
CH22 - Fighting With The Wind
CH23 - The Spirit Wave
CH24 - Reverse Decisions
CH25 - Matter of Love and Death
CH26 - In The End of The Day - Part 1
CH26 - In The End of The Day - Part 2
CH26 - In The End of The Day - Part 3
CH27 - The Masters Arrival
CH28 - Before The Test
CH29 - Decisions of our own
CH30 - The Urameshi Siblings' Big Trial
CH31 - Team Urameshi VS Team Uraotogi
CH32 - Hiei Battles on
CH33 - Many Faces Many Forms
CH34 - 'Yoko has returned' they cry. . .
CH35 - Behind your Reflection
CH36 - Accept it. . . Embrace it. . .
CH37 - The Cape of No Return
CH38 - Miyuki's Strength
CH39 - Suzuka's Challenge
CH40 - Arch Rivals and Old Enemies
CH41 - Another Loss To Bear - Part 1
CH41 - Another Loss To Bear - Part 2
CH42 - Overcoming Grief - Part 1
CH42 - Overcoming Grief - Part 2
CH42 - Overcoming Grief - Part 3
CH43 - The Night Before The War - Part 1
CH43 - The Night Before The War - Part 2
CH44 - The First Match of the Finals
CH45 - Kurama's Last Stand
CH46 - At The End of the First Match
CH47 - Beneath Bui's Armour
CH48 - Wielder of the Dragon
CH49 - Waiting and thinking
CH50 - Old Enemies. . .
CH51 - Fire With Fire
CH52 - The Shadow of Elder Toguro
CH53 - Sakyo's Proposal
CH54 - Yusuke vs Toguro
CH55 - Toguro's Full Power
CH56 - Yusuke's Despair
CH57 - Toguro's Desire
CH58 - Out With a Bang
CH59 - The Start of the Last Chapters - Part 1
CH60 - Talk Between Brothers
CH61 - Going Home
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH59 - The Start of the Last Chapters - Part 2

321 10 45
By Namifangurl07

"I don't know when am I going to see ya lad next time, but you'll always know that I'll see you as a friend." The Wind Master said to Yusuke who smiled at him with Kuwabara by his side.

"Gotcha!" The Urameshi boy nodded his head while his mother, and the girls watched it from a great distance.

"Hey, it's not like it's a goodbye forever." Chu chimed in. "There will be some other time we can settle down that rematch, ey?"

"Oh, you bet we will." The male Spirit Detective said before he got captured into the drunker fighter's headlock. The two laughed loudly as they were having a great time but once it died down Toya cleared his throat a little to catch Yusuke's attention.

"Well, either way, we're glad that we got to know you all. Hopefully our next meeting would be in better circumstances." The Master of Ice politely as he looked at his newfound friend.

"Well I hope so too." Kazuma agreed.

"Who knows, maybe next time you will take a break from being stupid." Rinku commented sarcastically.

"OH, YOU WANNA GO KID?!" Kuwabara yelled, clearly offended by his former opponent. The two began to chase each other around the area, but so far Rinku had the upper hand. The others sweat dropped while Yusuke facepalmed at his comrade's childish behavior. From afar Shizuru was also shaking her head with disapproval along with Botan while the other girls just watched in confusion.

The two eventually stopped and Rinku gained victory against Kazuma's cat and mouse game for the second time.

"Anyways, can you say our goodbyes to your sister as well?" Toya asked politely, making Yusuke look at the Shinobi a little confused. He is aware of the small friendship that is between Jin, Toya and his sister, but he never knew what was the cause of it. However, he didn't question it, because Yusuke knew these guys were now okay to be with and hang around with.

"I will, don't worry." The Urameshi boy promised with a small smile while Kuwabara scratched the back of his neck and looked at the Shinobis a little curiously with a small hint of suspicion within himself.

"I guess we better get going before our lift leave us behind." Rinku spoke up.

"Right." Chu said before saluting to the Urameshi boy. "Until next time Urameshi!"

"Goodbye!" Toya waved his hand at him.

"See ya later!" Jin chimed in and with that all of them began to leave. Yusuke dib his own goodbyes as well as he waved his hand and laughed with a bright grin on his face.

"Bye!" Kuwabara waved his hand at them.

"See you guys next time!" Yusuke added as the two boys watched the demon fighters leave to the docks.

"Despite the fact that they were enemies once in the tournament, they were quite nice and respectful towards us." Yukina stated with and innocent voice as she stared at the leaving demon fighters.

"Yeah." Keiko nodded in agreement. "In some strange way they all became good friends in such a short time."

"Well, that's my son for you. " Atsuko commented on as she took a small sip from her drink.

"You can say that again." Shizuru commented.

Once the group was far enough Yusuke turned to look at the sky above. The night Sky had already fallen onto them all, halfway.

"Huh? When did it became so dark?" The Urameshi boy asked no one in particular, but he did get a small shrug from Kuwabara.

"Well, time flies by." Was all Kazuma managed to say before the group of females approached him and Yusuke.

"Hello." The Ice maiden greeted them, making Kuwabara's mood from earlies now became all giddy-and bubbly.

"Oh, hey Yukina!" He greeted her with a big smile.

"Hey ladies, what are you doing?" The Urameshi boy asked them.

"Nothing much, just about to head back to the hotel." Botan told him before letting out a small yawn that she managed to cover with her hand.

"Well, we better hurry, I'm starving!" Kuwabara said as they all began to walk on their path. Yukina chuckled at the human teen's silliness while the others just sweat dropped at him nervously.

"You complain too much." His little sister deadpanned, making Kuwabara cross his arms and pout like a child.

"Oh, gosh darn it Shizuru. " He grumbled under his breath. "Why do you always have to be like this?"

"Hmpf, not my fault you embarrass yourself." The big sister retorted as she breathed in from the intoxicating cigarette stick. The teen thug grumbled even more and act like an immature and hurt little kid while the others just chuckled to themselves, amused by the siblings interaction.

_________________________________________________________

My consciousness suddenly came back to me. As my tired eyes blinked away the blur, I found myself face to face with Hiei, who was asleep by my side with and arm around my back. I was startled by how close my face was to his but soon calmed down when my brain managed to woke up and take the situation in. With a sigh I carefully pried Hiei's arm off of my side and got up from the mattress and into a sitting position.

My gaze darted to the balcony window. It was already night time. The moon was up.

How long had I been out?

"You're awake." I hear my demon lover's voice from the behind making me turn to him and smile as soon as I met with my partner's crimson orbs.

"How did you get here?" I asked him while I rubbed my right eye.

"I wanted to talk to you, but I was also tired." Hiei replied as he got up into a sitting position as well. I hummed and nodded my head. Just then little Aki let out a chirp and landed onto my lap, making me smile slightly at the beautiful black baby phoenix

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him curiously with a meek voice, still a little tired from using the Phoenix of Light's Flame. That tiredness soon washed away when I see something I haven't seen on Hiei. He looked a little. . . unsure. . . nervous even? I'm not sure, but this is a first. . .

"Not here." He told me before he got off of the bed and stretched a hand toward me to take. I of course grab it and hoisted me up.

"I think I should change-." I said as I looked down at myself being in my pyjamas, but I was soon cut off when he picked me up for the millionth time. "Are you seriously going to do this?"

"You're too slow at times." Hiei retorted with his usual blunt attitude.

"Hn, jerk." I scoffed as I hit him in the chest. "Fine, you can have this, just don't drop me." I see him smirk and before I knew we were out of our bedroom and we were outside at the main entrance of the hotel. "Well, that was quick." I commented under my breath as Hiei placed me down. One hand however was still holding onto my hand and lead me to the cliff where we had that team meet up last night. "What do you wanna talk about?" I asked as the both of us slid down from the side of that cliff with the help of my earth-bending. My Fire Demon companion said nothing still and suddenly he let go of my wrist while he walked up to the edge and sat down there. I rose and eyebrow at him, now feeling a little concerned about Hiei. "Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly as I sat beside him. When I lean close to look at him, he turned his head away from my gaze. "Hiei?" I called him softly as I scooted closer. "Shadow Lord?" Now I placed my hand onto his shoulder, but still, he didn't say anything at all. I let out a sigh and turned away from him.

As much as I want to know, I also know not to pressure it. This time was a little different though because Hiei wanted to talk to me and judging by his gestures the topic must be quite serious. . . Still, I patiently waited for my partner who is taking his time.

"What are you going to do once you get back to your home?" He finally said something, well asked me something. The question confused me a little.

"I don't know. . ." I told him nonchalantly with honesty. "I mean, I will go to school, study and keep my stupid brother out of trouble like usual." I shrugged my shoulders. "Why do you ask?"

"I had been wondering about something. . ." He said after a long pause. When he turned to look into my eyes he held a serious expression but then he turned away again. I can feel my eyebrows furrow questioningly at his odd behaviour.

But then that thought was pushed back when I see my lovers left hand. The one that held one half or our mark. My right hand reached out for it and held it gently. Hiei returned the loving gesture by giving a small squeeze and intertwining his fingers with mine.

"You know you can tell me anything if something bothers you. . . right?" I asked him as I lean my head onto his shoulder and let out a sigh, feeling myself relax. "I'm here for you just like the many times you were there for me. . ." I feel him let out a deep breath then put his head on top of mine.

"That's actually what I want to talk about. . . well. . . something close to it at least." As he talked his other hand went to soothingly stroke my wrist. That made me look at the two marks then I furrowed my eyebrows once more. The gears slowly began to move within my brain and then I lifted my head up and look into Hiei's ruby eyes deeply. "We had been through the second step of this. . . and after spending as much time we possibly can together. . . I realized I don't want to be apart from you. . ." Hearing these, I feel my expression while my heart skipped a beat.

"Hiei. . . what are you trying to. . . say?" I ask hesitantly, now getting a little flustered and nervous. Even though I somewhat knew what the answer might be, I still wanted to confirm that I didn't just imagine things and I am not dreaming at the moment.

"I want you to be my mate." Hiei went straight to the point and the entire time he was serious. "Officially. I almost lost you many times and don't want that. . . want to be by your side for the rest of my life, protecting you and be there for you like you always did to me, despite my stubbornness and denial. . ." At that he looked away from me with. . guilt and sadness in his eyes. "I still feels so surreal that. . . I have a soulmate. . . a partner. . . someone like you who loves and cares about me for me, no matter who I am or what I am. . . I don't want to lose that. . . I don't want to lose you. . ."

"Hiei. . ." I called out his name in such a soft voice while it tasted so sweet.

"I can understand if you don't want it, but either way. . . I would support you to the end and would remain by your side. . . . As long as I can have you. . ." I cut him of by placing my free hand on his cheek and make him turn to me.

"You're right." I told him, making him frown a little. "I don't care who you are or what you are. . . or were in the past. . ." I quickly added while I refer to the times when we were enemies who wanted to kill each other. "Because it won't change anything between us. Nothing will change the feelings I have for you. The love I have for you." At that I can see the change slowly making its way onto Hiei's expression. His eyes were filled with hope while looking into mine longingly as well. Then I remembered how his life was so awful at his beginning. "You went through hardship at the beginning of your life time. . . something no one deserves. . . however. . . that doesn't define who you are. . . It's the rest of your story. Who you chose to be. And in my opinion, I think you deserve a happy ending more than anyone. . ."

"Does that mean. . . ?" My Fire Demon asked with a gentle tone while his eyes once more was filled with hope that only I was able to see. I nodded my head weakly while smiling a little.

"I want to do it. . . I want to be your mate. . . but. . ." I trailed down a little as I looked away shyly. "I just don't think I'm ready for the third step. . . yet. . ." I pulled away a little and turned my head away so he won't see my blushing face. I admit, I felt kind of embarrassed. . . I mean this is a huge step and well. . . one thing might lead to another that I am still not ready for. . . Just as my hand was about to brush away the strands from my eye. However, another hand beat me to it, making me turn back to Hiei.

"I understand." He nodded his head. "I won't rush you and will respect your decision. . ." At that I shyly smiled. 

"But. . ." I added, making the Fire Demon perk his head up to me. "I don't know what the future hold. . . but I know in mine, you're in it. And I want you to be every part of it." As I said that, I leaned close to my demon lover again and my arms snaked around his neck, one hand cupping his cheek.

"Hn. Just like how I want you to be my future." I hear him hum as he gave a genuine smile before he rested his forehead against mine. His words made me blush but I eventually let out a chuckle as I leaned into the moment as well and closed my eyes.

"I honestly don't know who you are at times because I never thought you would be that romantic type of guy." I commented between my chuckles.

"Hn, well I had been learning from you." Hiei said with that signature cocky smirk of his. "For someone who can be so silent, you're quiet a talker when it comes to emotional speeches." At that I snorted a little.

"Well, I guess it runs in the family." I commented sarcastically, because I know Yusuke does that most of the time, but all in vain.

"As long as it's you though. . ." My partner trailed down as he leaned close to my face with that wide and cocky smirk of his. "I don't mind. You at least have some senses unlike that brother of yours." I can feel my face heat up a little as he pulled me close and teased me.

"Careful Dragon boy. You might end up regretting it." I threatened playfully, but also for once let myself be a little flirtatious in my tone.

"Hn." He scoffed before he suddenly pulled away with a look of realization on his expression. One of his hands removed itself from my waist and then the next thing I knew, he pulled out my ring I had given to him. "You had given this before your fight."

"Yeah. . ." I nodded my head before looking into his gaze. "I wanted you to have it. . ." His expression softened up a little, then he gently grabbed my right wrist and placed my Phoenix ring onto my right finger ring. To my surprise it fits there perfectly. It doesn't slip down, it was like it had been made for that finger.

"As honoured as I am, I want you to keep it." Hiei told me sincerely. "I don't want you to end up like me."

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously.

"Remember when I said there are three things I was searching for?" He asked me with as sigh. I nodded my head in reply. "Back then I had a stone, which my mother had cried. It's different then the one Ice maidens usually cry normally. They were given to their first born. Yukina has one also. But I lost mine in a fight with a demon. . ." I looked at him as the sadness and sympathy bubbled up into my chest. I hugged him tight and he returned it.

"I'm sure you will find it." I reassured him before I pulled away from him and then look at the ring in my right ring finger. "Also, did you just proposed to me?"

"Proposed?" Hiei asked with a genuine confused look on his face, making me chuckle a little. Right, he doesn't know about the human's way of marriage.

"Well, you placed a ring on my right ring finger. . ." I started as I wrapped that arm back around his neck. "And in some books in the 'Human World', they say it had a meaning. . ." He raised an eyebrow at me questioningly. I chuckled once more. " It signifies that we are ready to undergo the relationship to the next stage. Maybe not now, but in the near future." At that my demon lover smiled a little making my heart pang uncontrollably between my ribcages.

"It's a promise then, right?" He questioned with a husky voice.

"A promise." I replied with a soothing voice. "A promise I am willing to keep."

"You pulled the words right out of my mouth." Hiei said then we both leaned in and got into a heated, yet gentle and loving kiss, sealing that promise we both made.

No words can describe the joy I felt at the moment or the love I shared with him-.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?!" A voice. . a very familiar screamed making me and Hiei pull away from each other fast and look at the source. My eyes fell at the edge of that upper cliff where I see my brother, mother, the girls and Kuwabara look down at us with their mouth agape and giving out some noises that weren't making any sense. I froze in place and just stared at them all.

Keiko and Botan looked like they were about to scream, but couldn't. Still their mouth hung open like the gold fishes. Atsuko expression was a bit different from theirs, but still she was in fact shocked. As for the boys, well oh boy, they looked like they had just witnessed a murder with their eyes while their body turned into stone by the deadly stare of Medusa.

After a moment or two, I eventually snapped out of my trace and regained my composer. But just as I was about to open my mouth-.

"GET AWAY FROM HER YOU THREE EYED FREAK!!!" My brother screamed before he pointed a finger gun at Hiei. Thankfully Carrot-Top tackled him to the ground before anything can happen.

Oh boy. . . This is going to be a long night. . .  

And a painful one for sure. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 385 62
"I'm sorry Hiei." I whisper to him softly with my voice trembling all the way by the pain that is tearing me apart on the inside. With one shaky brea...
66.7K 1.7K 41
Discontinued. "If only I knew what would happen, I would've stop my past self..." Y/n told to herself... in a nervous tone. "Y/n-chan~ why are you ru...
5K 170 59
This is a sequel to my other yyh fanfic book 'A Warm Compassion'. The Next Generation of Team Urameshi's family group. Please read that first before...
111K 4.5K 100
𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 || 𝑺𝒉𝒖 𝑲𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ❝ 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼...