Love In MonoSyllables

By Enticing_Romantic

#5 in KISSES (01/07/21) #13 in ALAN (13/06/21) Are words really required to fall in love? Or are actions eno... More

Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part One)
Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty (Part One)
Chapter Thirty (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty (Part One)
Chapter Forty (Part Two)
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Three

1.6K 108 29
By Enticing_Romantic

Syllable For The Day - 'Real'

-----

KIERA'S POV

"Kiera, are you going to do this?" Grace asked as I put my stuff in the trolley. I had to do this, at least for my peace and he had to pay for hurting me for two whole months.

"Grace, I respect you a lot but you don't do this to me. Alan has to answer for all the hurt he has given me. You know it too, that he has to, Grace." She nodded and kept quiet until my bag was packed.

"I'll ask Alex to let you use the private jet," Grace said and I stopped her. She gave me a look. I was not used to travelling in flight yet and alone wouldn't be possible for me.

"A normal plane ticket would be fine. I don't think I'm well enough to travel alone. And I have to do this alone. Tell him, I'll pay him back soon." I told her. I didn't want my trip to be imposed on Grace and Alex.

"You don't have to. This is the least we can do to...help you." She chose her word wisely and I was glad. 

"Grace, don't...don't let Alan know." She nodded and left.

I opened the drawer and pulled out the ring box and the envelope. I gave them one glance before I shoved them in my handbag. I was going to ask him for answers and he had no other way but to answer me.

I pulled up the trolley and dragged it down. Once in the living room, I saw Dylan and he gave me a glance that indicated that he was waiting for me. 

"I'm here to drop you at the airport. If you let me..." He trailed off as he pulled the bag and probably put it in the trunk. Grace came to me but her face had turned up into a smile.

"This is sandwiches, have them before the flight. Also, just leave me a text when you reach." I nodded at her statement and took the bag from her. I hugged her.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry if I've been rude to you." I said to her as rationality synced into me. Grace pulled away and shook her head at my statement.

"You've been anything but that. Go, or you'll miss the flight." I smiled at her and walked ahead to a new destination.

-----

"Dylan, thank you so much. I can handle it from here." I said to him as he removed the trolley from the trunk. He smiled at me. I had finished the sandwiches and was glad because the food at the airport was a tad bit expensive.

Or that's what I had heard from Eva.

I went through the security check and cleared out all the formalities. I sat in the waiting lounge. I had come here, but I was nervous. I was even scared to know the truth. I didn't know if Alan had left because of me. 

The announcer called out for the flight to London. I took in a deep breath and walked towards the path that will lead me to Alan.

-----

Once I got down the flight, I collected my luggage. I looked at the watch but something was wrong with my watch. Then I realised that the time belonged to back home. 

I checked my phone to see that it was cross midnight here. I sighed. I should've looked at the time difference before. I sighed but I was already here. 

I saw many cabs. I didn't know how to get a cab that was safe now. In this new place, even though people were good, how was I even to trust anyone?

One of the guys came to me, he had dressed very well and looked like a decent man.

"Where do want to go?" He asked and I blinked. I looked up to my phone where Grace had sent me the address. 

"Knightsbridge," I said and he nodded. He asked me if he could take the luggage and took me to his car. I followed him to his car. He kept the trolley in the trunk and I sat in the car. 

"I'm going to tell you before that you'll get the night charges." He informed and I nodded. 

"It's your first time over here?" He asked again. I didn't want to look rude so I flashed him a small smile and a nod.

"Yes," I answered.

"You don't have to be so scared. Have a little faith, I'll drop you by the right address." He said and I gave him a genuine smile.

"It's just...too new to me," I told and settled a bit. I sent my live location to Grace, just in case and texted her that I had reached London. 

"I'm Oliver." He said with a smile.

"I'm Kiera," I told him and he gave me an amused glance.

"Are you English?" He questioned and I chuckled. I got that a lot because Kiera was a popular English name.

"My mother was but she moved to New York for studies and then settled there itself," I told him and he hummed in understanding.  

"That's why. No one can get over English names, anyway." He joked and I laughed. We had a little more chat and I was feeling a lot better, more comfortable.

"If you don't mind, what was so urgent that you came here? I mean, if it wasn't urgent you wouldn't land in the night, and it's also your first time." He reasoned out after asking the question.

"I'm already very late to be here," I told him and looked away. Two months late, to be precise.

"Heartache." He muttered and I didn't comment anything. He stopped the car outside a big house. I gave him a questioning look. 

"Your destination, Kiera." He said and I nodded with a smile. We both got down the car. He helped my trolley out of his trunk. Luckily, I had used the ATM at the airport so I had the money to give him. 

"Thank you so much. I can now have trust in this new place." I told him and he smiled.

"No worries. Hope your heart heals." He told me and sat in the car and left. 

I turned to the huge house and took in deep breaths. I was now in trouble not knowing how to face him. I was outside his door, in another country. 

I stood outside the gate and exhaled a huge breath. I pressed the doorbell. I waited but no response from the inside. I thought Alan wasn't there or he must be sleeping, so I decided to leave for now and I turned around. 

Suddenly, the door was open and my heart raced inside my chest. I slowly turned around and my eyes met his. 

His light brown eyes felt cold as if he had lost his warmth. His face wasn't bright like it used to be. The happiness and calmness that used to cast upon him, was also missing.

"Era." I heard him whisper, and my heart couldn't bear this feeling and the trolley in my hand had hit the ground. 

I was engulfed in a pair of strong arms and smelled the smell of alcohol with his cologne. I felt the warmth spread in me, as Alan's arms embraced me.

I felt tears out of my eyes as I felt in his familiar warmth. It wasn't like I had forgotten that he had hurt me but at the same time, I just wanted to embrace this person whom I had loved.

He pulled away and looked at me as if he couldn't believe it. Hell, even I'd be shocked to see myself here.

"You're real." He muttered and that made me think that he dreamt about me. And to be honest, I was loving knowing that.

"I. Am," I muttered as I mustered up all my strength and punch him right in the stomach. He didn't double over in pain but was a little hurt as I saw his eyes waiver and close a little.

On the other hand, my hand was bruised and now paining. Even if he didn't show much hurt, I did, internally. I pushed him to the side and he moved without saying anything.

I walked inside and when my back was facing him, I writhed in pain but then I masked it into a normal face. I saw him come back with my trolley. I held my head up.

"Guest room, this way." He said and I followed him. Even he was shocked, his expressions were kept to minimal. Somehow, it felt like Alan had gone back into his shell being detached from everything and everyone. Just how he was at first.

I missed my warm Alan.

"Here." He said and left. I sat on the bed. I put my trolley on the floor and opened it and found a pair of black long tee and cotton shorts.

I took a much wanted warm bath before coming out in my room and getting dressed. I sat on the bed and just fell on the pillow.

Knowing Alan was so nearby to me, my heart clenched seeing as we weren't like how we used to be. We were now on an awkward stage where we didn't know how and what to act or react to.

I shut my eyes as tears fell but at the same time lulled my tired and exerted body to sleep.

-----

ALAN'S POV

It was indeed Kiera.

My eyes believed when I hugged her and felt her hold me. I heard her sniffles and it pained me.

She was here and she was real. At first, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, as many times I had seen glimpses of Kiera beside me.

When she punched me, it wasn't an easy punch to pull off because it did hurt me, not a lot since I did my workouts.

I knew Kiera's hand was bruised but she wouldn't tell. I felt like I was the reason she wasn't being open as before.

I showed her to the guest room. I walked to the kitchen to make something for her to eat. She must've been hungry from the long travel. 

I still was dazed knowing that she had come here all alone and at this night. My heart suddenly felt a clench, thinking of all the wrong possibilities that could've happened.

I decided to cook noodles and make some garlic bread. Once done, I went to check up on Kiera. I suddenly felt it to be a difficult task. It had become a little normal to me, but now again a new feeling.

I gathered courage and went to knock on her door. No noise was made inside, so I pushed the door open.

I witnessed Kiera who was fast asleep on the bed. I smiled looking at her sprawled like that. She was indeed a good sleeper.

I first closed her bag and put it on the side, not wanting her to trip and fall when she'd wake up. I walked to her slowly helped her body settle right on the bed.

I covered her with the duvets since the temperature today was a little cold than usual. I pulled out her right hand and it was indeed swollen.

I immediately rushed to the kitchen and brought the ice bag with me. I put it on Kiera's hand and let it rest over there. 

I had my gloves on since it was cold today, so I was fine to hold her hand. I wanted to hold her hand. I felt so happy just holding it.

I wanted to caress her hair, peck her forehead, hug her, hold her but I didn't dare to do so.

So far, I didn't know the reason why Kiera was here. I just saw her and let her in. We didn't even talk about anything except I just received a punch.

I sat down beside the bed and held her hand. I put the ice bag away and held her hand. Slowly, I found myself finding sleep.

-----

I felt something pull away from me and I had lost the warmth I was feeling. I opened my eyes to see Kiera wasn't on the bed anymore. 

I looked at the watch and it was still the night.

I was on alert mode. It can't be a dream or my hallucination just because I was a little tipsy. I woke up immediately and walked out of the room.

"Era?" I called out loudly but I heard no response.

"Era?!" I called out again. But still no response. I almost fell on the couch beside me. Just my drunken dream.

My head in my hands as I got scared about how much worse this could get. From small glimpses to smiles was a different thing but what happened yesterday was a completely different thing.

I don't know when, but a tear had rolled down my eye. I felt a warm hand on mine. I immediately looked up and Kiera was there.

"Era." I breathed.

"Alan, is everything alright? Why...why are you crying?" Kiera sat on her knees and I just looked at her eyes.

"You are here. Not my dream. You're real." I muttered to her and pulled her to me. I didn't ever want to let her go again but I was scared that she would want to let go of me.

"Alan, I'm here. This is not a dream. It's alright." She told me and caressed my back. She was soothing and her touch was the most comfortable feeling that I had craved.

"Don't... don't leave me, Era. Please." I muttered as I was in the most vulnerable state. I never wanted to be in such a state but thinking about Kiera leaving me, I couldn't stop.

"Alan, look at me." She said as she pulled away. I couldn't meet her eyes because anyone could see the broken me.

"Alan, just look at me." She told me again but I still didn't. After a moment, I saw her put her hand on my cheek and slowly make me look at her.

"I...I won't leave you, Alan." She muttered to me. I just nodded but her gaze held mine.

"I... I'm sorry." I told her and she just shut her eyes.

"Alan..." She was going to say something but I shook my head.

"Not now," I said to her because I wasn't ready to hear her deny my apology.

"We should just go to sleep." She told me and I nodded. We both stood up and walked to her room.

"Don't...go," I told her and she nodded. She held my hand and guided me into her room. She was the one taking the step ahead as I followed.

"Sit." She told me after she pulled the comforters down and I complied her order as I sat on the bed.

"Lay." I laid down and she put the comforter on me. She went on the other side and got on the bed and under the covers.

"Let me in, Alan." She muttered and held me. Her arms around me and laid close to me. Her hand caressed my left arm.

My heart was in my mouth but I didn't want her to stop.

"Alan, calm down." She muttered and I hummed. I tried to comply with her words but it was a little difficult. I was trying to control my body and let it not start to close down.

"Where had you been earlier?" I asked her because I wanted to know and also distract myself.

"I was hungry so I went to find something in the kitchen and found the noodles and garlic bread. I heated them and had them." She told me and I hummed glad that she had food.

"Why were you sitting on the sofa crying?" She asked me. I didn't know how to tell her.

"I called. You didn't answer. I thought you weren't here." I told her trying to not show much she affected me.

"I was enjoying my food and happened to have my earphones on. I didn't hear from you. I'm sorry." She said to me and I hummed. We both kept quiet.

"Why sleep is so important to you, Alan?" She asked me after a while and I didn't know how to tell her why it was.

"Because I can't," I told her and turned my face to look at her. She had her eyes fixated on me. The way we held our gazes together made me feel an intense feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Don't think much, I'll tell you a story so you can fall asleep." She said in a teasing tone. I gave her a small smile.

"I'm not a baby," I muttered and she chuckled.

"Okay, big baby, close your eyes and don't think." She told me and I looked above. I just shut my eyes.

Kiera's body warmth seeped into mine and that was one of the most comfortable warmth I had sought in years.

Knowing that a person was this close to me, made me know how much I had grown closer to this person.

Even after pushing all of them away, Kiera had made her way through. With time, I had grown attached, grown fond, grown comfort and grown to love her.

I didn't want to let go of this. I was scared but I wanted to let off everything down my chest and let Kiera decide.

Slowly, as I kept on hearing Kiera's steady breaths, I drowned myself in sleep.

-----

"Alan." I heard my voice being whispered or called out loud, I didn't know. But my name was being called.

"Alan!" Another loud yell. I opened my eyes to see Kiera pressed down under me. Her hands were on my chest trying to...push me?

"I have to bloody pee! Get off me!" She screeched and I immediately turned over and she rushed to the washroom.

I sat up straight. I held my head in my hands. I looked around and I was in Kiera's room. Last night played in my mind. I heard the flush.

I immediately stood up and ran out of her room to mine. I shut the door and my head on the back of my door. It was all Tequila. I muttered in my head.

I walked closer to my bed. I frustratedly pulled my hair. I was going crazy since I had no control over myself.

I understood one thing and that was, I had a good sleep. After a long time, I slept well. I couldn't believe that I hadn't woken up by a nightmare or was just lying awake on the bed.

Kiera.

It was her. Last time, when I had slept holding her hand, I had a good sleep. And now, she was next to me.

I had grown to be a lot more dependant on her than I had intended to. But I had decided to let go of my truth, one by one, and only hope that Kiera won't hate me.

A ring interrupted my train of thoughts. I walked to my phone and answered it.

"Good Morning, Sir. Sorry to have disturbed you but today you have an important meeting at 9.00 a.m. sharp. Just giving you a heads up." I heard Anne mutter without wasting a single second.

"I'll be there."

It was an important meeting and I had to sort my brain into work mode.

I decided the best thing would be to get ready and go to the office.

-----

A/N - So, my dear amazing peeps! I just seem to have been very happy with the response LIM is receiving. I couldn't thank you more. For all the regular readers, my lovely supporters, I love you all a lot. Your support means everything to me.

I updated on time today, hope that made your lovely weekend. 

With the book going in a new direction, I would like to know what your thoughts are. How do you feel about the book now?

Also, I get so happy seeing your DMs, messages and comments to remind me that Sunday is coming and I should update makes me feel so happy, bubbly feeling in my heart. Heh.

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

With love, Nia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 3.1K 53
Dys • ar • thri • a difficult or unclear articulation speech that is otherwise linguistically normal - Doubt it? How do you know this blossoming frie...
99.7K 2.9K 38
Jared is a successful Alpha that is also the town's police chief. He not only keeps his pack safe but he also likes to protect the humans in his terr...
78.9K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
2.6M 98.9K 34
'The asshole' is back! You first met him in Just Tell Me You Love Me. And now he's back. And so is she, Allyson Cassidy. Adam Murray fell in love wit...