Wooing Her

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his be... More

copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
last

seven

8.9K 549 177
By ShabanaTheStar

Mahira was at loss of words as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, dressed up in a golden colour lehenga as his bride. She was speechless. Her hair and make-up were done neatly and the person in front of her grinned before leaving her alone. 

Breathe, Mahi...

"He's the same Ameen, who you know for all these years," came her sister's reassuring voice, as she stood behind her with a wide smile on her face. Mawra was dressed in a maroon colour saree and left her hair loose, "remember the day when I was getting married?" 

She nodded her head as a nostalgic smile played on her lips, "I do, you made me call jiju at the last moment." Mawra chuckled at the memory, which felt like just yesterday but five years has passed so quickly, Masha Allah. 

"I was so scared back then, I don't know how did you walk past all those people and called him, but it really helped. I got a chance to converse with him somehow," Mahira grinned mischievously as she heard her sister's words, "how did you think I called him?" 

"Well, I didn't know then. But now I do I guess, Ameen?" A blush appeared on her face as she recollected that day, of how she called Alizah and begged her to send his number and how her best friend teased her like crazy, but finally, Ameen's number was there in her phone somehow. 

"I swear, we didn't start talking until I was eighteen. But I got his phone number through my best friend and asked for his help. We both were feeling so happy yet so shy that day as I asked his help." A drop of tear rolled down her cheeks as she slipped into the past. 

"And here we are, getting you ready for your own wedding. Masha Allah, and you look so pretty. Ameen is going to faint today." Mawra teased her sister before placing a kiss on her forehead, "I might have never told you before, but I love you, okay. I always have. You are my little sister after all." 

Mahira nodded her head emotionally, if there was any distance between her siblings, she was equally responsible as well. The six/five years age gap and the teenage phase of all three of them have played a major role in it. But she was glad that they're trying to work on it. She was overwhelmed when the same scenario happened with Ahil yesterday, who apologized for the times they fought. 

"Let's not think about the past, we can't mess your make-up. But if you need to talk about anything in the future, any help at all, don't hesitate to ask me. Okay?" 

"Thank you, Mawra." Smiling widely at her sister, she gave her a tight hug, shocking the both of them. But they hugged for a good one minute before someone cleared his throat. 

"Siblings time without me?" Ahil was emotional would be an understatement. He remembered crying buckets on Mawra's nikkah. But he never expected to cry at Mahira's wedding, considering they only fight all the time. He was proved wrong because he couldn't stop that damn tears today as well. 

"Join us," Mawra mumbled with a smile and the next moment the three were hugging each other; happily, emotionally. It happened for the first time and Mahira felt all kinds of happiness, which words can never explain. Today is very special for her and this moment just added more to it. She'd cherish this moment in her memory forever and ever. 

"It's time to go actually, the moulvi Saab is ready, everyone is ready. Is the bride ready?" Ahil grinned once they broke the hug, "yes, I am." She replied with a shy smile and they saw their parents crying emotionally, whilst standing near the door. 

"Take a picture, Akram. I have never seen these three so happy before. All they did was fight." Rashida smiled sadly whilst walking close to her kids and pulled her youngest and dearest daughter in her embrace, "I'm sorry, Mahi." She whispered whilst placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"I'm sorry for being rude in the last few days, I was so silly. Forgive me, beta." Mahira shook her head vigorously, "no, ammi. You had all rights to be mad at me. It's me who broke your trust by going behind your backs and dating him. I did upset you all, I'm sorry, ammi. I'm sorry, abbu. Thank you for letting me marry him." 

Her parents have always pampered her a lot, a bit extra than their other children, one of the main reasons why the siblings didn't like her so much. Rashida had a complicated delivery while carrying her, and hence they gave extra love and lenience to her like Mawra got a phone only at twenty years while she got hers at sixteen years only which she misused very badly. 

Any sane parents would be pissed and they were too. They thought Ameen was a bad influence on their kid and didn't want this marriage at all. 

"Your happiness matters, Mahi... As long as he keeps you happy. Its all right. We forgive you. We forgave you a long ago." Akram ran his hands through her head affectionately while she hugged her father sadly, "I'll miss you, abbu." 

"I'll miss you all,"

"We know. It's time, come on."

Rashida cried sadly as she watched her daughter walk with her father towards the stage, where she'd be signing the nikkah nama soon. God, how quick the time has flown, it was like just yesterday their Mawra got married and today, Mahira will be married as well. 

'Ya Allah, please keep my daughter always happy.' Rashida prayed silently while Ahil held her hands and led her out. 

Mawra grinned at her brother with a teasing smile as they walked behind their father, "next is your turn, dear brother." 

"Shut up, Mawra." He shook his head with a shy smile.

***

Ameen's hands were trembling in fear as he muttered qubool hai for the third time and signed the nikkah nama, Mahira has already given her consent and when he was done, happy congratulations were passed. Everyone seemed to be beaming in glee, while he sat still and took a moment to register things. 

"Ouch, bhai." He whined at Ibrahim, who pinched his cheeks rather very harshly, "its not a dream brother, you're really married to the love of your life." Ibrahim smacked his head playfully while pulling him for a hug, as the duas were read for their happy marriage. 

Ameen was still in disbelief. 

Tears brimmed his eyes as he walked towards the women's section where his wife was crying happily, in her father's embrace. He could just tell it was happy tears because he knows her. 

"Assalamualaikum." That was the first word he said while giving his hands to hers. She took them shyly and got up whilst replying to his salam. They felt current passing down their spine, as he held her hand in his, rightfully as her husband. Nobody can say a word to them now. He can not only hold her hands but do so much more. 

He has all rights. 

Allah, it still felt so damn unbelievable. 

"You look so beautiful, Hira. Masha Allah." Ameen muttered as he guided her to the main stage, where they both would be seated and gifts, photo session will be held. 

"Thank you, Ameen. You look very handsome too." She blushed furiously whilst standing for the cameraman, who wanted quick snaps of them. 

He held her waist possessively, holding her close to him while posing for one of the photos making her cheeks go on fire and eyes widened in shock as well as surprise. 

"You're my wife now. Not girlfriend." he whispered in her ears before holding her more tightly if that was even possible. Needless to say, Mahira was a blushing mess. 

"We are still present here." Alizah cleared her throat, who stood behind them to collect all the gift boxes. She voluntaries for the job herself and they let her do it, she seems to be enjoying it so far. 

"Ali.." Mahira muttered shyly, as her husband continued holding her tightly. 

"I'm so happy for you, you both look bomb together." Alizah grinned causing her friend to smile shyly while a couple gave them the gifts and took a photo, when they left the gift was passed behind to Aliazah, who placed it beside her carefully. 

"Ah, best friend. Finally."Asad pulled Ameen into a bone-crushing hug and congratulated him happily. Mahira moved aside and gave the best friends some space. She's meeting Asad for the first time after four years and he seems to have grown more mature. 

"Congratulations to you too, bhabhi." A huge blush adorned her face at his addressing as she thanked him meekly, "I want you to open this like right now." With a confused look, she took the custom made album from him and her eyes went wide as she saw what was inside. 

"I forced this idiot to take a photo so that I'd gift it when you both would get married. He looks beautiful, doesn't he?" Mahira couldn't contain herself from giggling at the photos inside, "Ameen, you really applied my lipstick." She grinned at the photos feeling nostalgic. 

It was taken on the same day when they both broke up but look at the fate, which tied them together anyway and here they are, married happily. 

Ameen stood there silently understanding what she was feeling.

"Thank you, Asad Bhai. It was sweet of you. How did you know that we'd be married though?"Mahira was curious, as to how this guy can be so sure that they'd be married. 

"You didn't see how obsessed this guy was for you, bhabhi, unfortunately, I've seen it. And I know he won't let you go that easily." Asad grinned as they posed for a photo and his sister literally kicked him off stage because others are eager to take photos as well. 

Asad and Alizah have grown to accept each other as sibling slowly and they were grateful for having two sets of parents once again, and never failed to show it every day. 

Mahira smiled at the photos one last time before giving to it Alizah, "I forgive you, Ameen." She whispered loud and clear, only for him to hear. 

"Really?" Ameen couldn't believe his luck. His eyes went wide and his lips curved into a huge smile as he stared at her in shock, she cast her gaze down with a shy smile playing on her lips. 

"You just made me a hundred times happier, Hira. I love you so much. Never forget that." He confessed while staring at her hazel brown eyes, intensely. She blinked away those tears which threatened to fall, "I love you too." 

"I know." he smiled, while they posed for another photo. 

The cameraman secretly snapped those shot when they whispered things to each other, it was such a cute sight that he couldn't help but say; Masha Allah. 

***

"Pinch me." 

"No, you pinch me." 

"Ohmigod, we are married." 

"Ohmigod, you're inside my room." 

"AMEEN"

"HIRAAA" They both exclaimed crazily when all of the happenings finally sank in, making Mahira jump happily, as she threw herself in his arms and hugged him tightly, almost knocking him to the floor. But he balanced it somehow whilst wrapping his arms around, hugging her back happily. Their first real hug. 

Their years of wait has been finally over and it still felt like a dream as they broke apart. Their hearts thumping so loudly that the other person could feel it as well.

"Mahira Ameen Qureshi...." In swift of a moment, he scooped her in his arms, "What are you doing?" She gasped. 

"You're my wife now, I'm allowed to do whatever I want." Grinning mischievously he threw her on his bed making the decoration flowers fly a bit, "Hey, it hurt." She yelled but the shy smile on her face told otherwise. 

He has never seen her so shy before and it was a very beautiful sight.

"You can't believe how long I have waited for this day," settling her on his lap, he sighed in contentment. They sat still, staring at each other's face, tears brimmed both of their eyes as they recalled everything which led them till here. 

"To hold you like this, rightfully and so close to me.... I've always wanted this, Hira. I can't tell you how happy I am." he wiped the lone tear which rolled down her cheek, "no crying today, we've cried a lot." 

Without another word she threw her hands around his neck and hugged him again, their hearts fastening in every passing second and breath became uneven, "this is the best day of my life, Ameen. Thank you so much for saving me from that tree, all those years ago." 

"How could I not?" placing his forehead against hers, he chuckled softly while their breathings mixed together, Mahira's stomach flipped at the intimacy. She was feeling so many things at that moment and happiness dominated them all. 

"I love you, Hira. I love you so much that it hurts," he whispered against her lips, making eyes squeeze in shyness. 

"I love you too." 

Before they could realize their lips were against each other, kissing slowly at first, pouring all their emotions in it; of the long wait, the heartaches, the pain and their love for each other.

The soft kiss then turned more heated as they pulled each other wildly into the kiss, whispering, 'I love you every time they broke apart as they kissed again and again and again.

Needless to say, it has been a memorable day so far as they made sweet love to each other and became one in every sense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 16.7K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
80.7K 2.9K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
762K 43.4K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
186K 5.9K 74
β€’β€’| 1st in Arranged Series |β€’β€’ Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...