His Serenity

By Stella_Cadante

In the realm of guns, lies, deception and beasts, an angel was born "Damn it!" --- More

Author's note
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: Bruno and Ice creams
Chapter 2: Promises and Good byes
Chapter 3: The Island
Chapter 4: Back home
Chapter 5: The Ball
Chapter 6: Encounter with the ice prince
Chapter 7: "Why her!"
Chapter 8: Broken promises
Chapter 9: Dinner with the Vitali's
Chapter 11: The "Keep"
Chapter 12: Wise words from Papy Fostello
Chapter 13: Forever mine
Chapter 14: Mysterious Alessandro
Chapter 15: Possessive and Gentle
Chapter 16: The Ice prince was very warm
Chapter 17: Athena Springton
Chapter 18: New School and Friends
Chapter 19: Trapped in the ballet chamber with the evil mistress
Chapter 20: Ice cream and Calculus
Chapter 21: The nightmare
Chapter 22: New feelings and heart aches
Chapter 23: Serenity was attacked
Chapter 24: A new side of Alessandro in the hospital
Chapter 25: Crazy and toxic Svetlana
Chapter 26: She was playing the Joan of Arc
Chapter 27: He forced the verdict in her hands
Chapter 28: He almost kill her from his outburst
Chapter 29: The O'Sullivan twins are back
Chapter 30: Redesigning his room
Chapter 31: Angry Alessandro is scary!
Birthday gowns for milady!
Chapter 32: Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 33: someone came to visit
Chapter 34: Bad boy?
Chapter 35: The Birthday Ball
Chapter 36: Birthday Ball-II
Chapter 37: The Birthday Ball -III
Chapter 38: Falling into their own traps
Chapter 39: Nostalgia from years back
Chapter 40: Revelations of facades
Chapter 41: the wrath of the previous generation
Chapter 42: New tides
Chapter 43:

Chapter 10: Testing the Irish mob

56.7K 1.9K 865
By Stella_Cadante

"He looked like a devil but his touch reminded her of an angel."

"He should be the only one she sees whether be it in dreams or nightmares."

Serenity jumped back, her doe eyes startled with surprised as she looked up but it quickly dissipated into trepidation and fright once she realized who she had bumped into. Why? Why her? What sin had she committed in her past life that the big man above was hell bent on punishing her? She quickly stepped back a good five feet away from him. The situation was making her feel nauseous, perhaps the disquietude atmosphere was provoking her inner Usain Bolt to run for her life. And him still digging his eyes onto her head wasn't helping either.

"I-I'm s-so-"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" Alessandro roared, latching onto her arm and pulling her onto his hard muscled chest. Serenity flinched, shutting her eyes in fear. Low whimpers escaped her mouth as she desperately tried to control her watery eyes. He terrified her a lot. A harsh grip tugged on her chin and forced her face to her right side so her left cheek was exposed to his enraged eyes. 

It was a small swell and bluish impact however it didn't miss the devil's wrathful gaze. Serenity gasped at the darkening of his eyes, they appeared to be maddening pitch black instead of his usual midnight blue. Her senses of reasoning had almost left her and she was convinced that it would be her last day on earth. However, the light stroke of his calloused fingers on her delectably soft skin brought her back to shocking reality. Her wet lashes fluttered open as she quietly peeked at him, her heart clenched in apprehension. His eyes were still demonic and his jaw's clenched tight, but his strokes were undeniably tender as if he was touching a fragile porcelain doll. 

Alessandro continued stroking her left cheek with slow lingering caresses until he felt her heart beat calming down to a certain extent. He was aware of the terror he had imposed on her unknowingly and it wasn't something he could control but he could definitely bring down her agitated heartbeat, like he did just now. Once he was sure, her breathings had returned to her normal pace, he leaned and placed a soft kiss on her swollen cheek. Serenity's breath hitched as she looked up at him wide-eyed.

" Now tell me who was it?" he spoke calmly but in an austere tone that was unarguable.

Serenity felt her eyebrows drawing in together "W-Who what?" she asked timidly.

He pressed a finger onto her swell making her winch out loud, it was a clear indication of what he wanted but it only confused the naïve girl more. Why would he be wanting to know about the slap? After all he was the reason behind it. Had she not be of inconvenience to him the previous night, she wouldn't have been punished. The sudden realization hit her. Serenity yelped before jumping away from him. If anybody saw her touching him again, God forbids what would happen even though he was the one touching her. She had established in her mind that Alessandro Vitali was untouchable, not in that untouchable untouchable sense but in the untouchable untouchable sense. 

"I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't mean to. Please don't tell anyone.' She pleaded,

Alessandro cocked an eyebrow at her weariness. He noted her frightened eyes roaming around as if to see if anyone was watching them. Her stance was calculated too, meaning she was anxious and it wasn't just his close proximity that seemed to cause her angst. something else was bothering this little creature and Alessandro didn't like it one bit. If there is anything that should bother her then it should be him and only him. He should be the only one she sees whether be it in dreams or nightmares. He didn't care as long as she belong to him and only him. His plan had escalated quicker than what he had thought. And it was all set to hit the bull's eye. A slight smirked tugged up on his expressionless face.

" I think I got my answer, love." 

Serenity tilted her head with a confused pout. Without any warning the next thing she knew was her body entangled in his hard one, his strong arms around her tiny waist as he pulled her close till she could feel the erratic beat of his heart right through her fingertips which had unconsciously come up to his chest when she tried to stable herself. 

Serenity whimpered, immediately trying to push him away but her physical strength was nothing compared with his 'W-What are you doing? Please let me go, Sir. Please....S-someone will see." 

Alessandro, unfazed by her struggles, forced the little girl to look at him in the eye. She could only see the emotionless whirlpool of dark hue, her innocence had her blinded to the obsession and the desire lurking beneath his blazing orbs. Serenity was appalled by the situation she was in. She could only see trains of slaps coming her way. She didn't understand why he was being so touchy with her today when the previous night he had practically choked her almost to death for accidentally hugging him.

He, again kissed her left cheek, catching her off guard. 

"Soon...love" And all Serenity could feel was the absence of the warm hard body seeping onto her pores.

Alessandro had walked away.

He looked like a devil but his touch reminded her of an angel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After relatively calming herself down, Serenity walked back to the dining hall. To her surprise, nobody was there. It puzzled her more to see that the desserts were left untouched so were half of the meal. She wondered where they must have gone. A middle aged lady passed by her in a maid's uniform and she halted her 

"Excuse me, where is everybody?" 

"Oh Miss! The Sir's and Madam's had gone down the basement to the encaged ring. Would you like me to take you there?"

"Yes please."

After a few twist and turn, the maid left Serenity in front of a large double door. There was a strange unfamiliar lock with a seemingly complicated structure although it was left open, Serenity wondered what the basement was actually used for. Mama Dido used the basement back in their little cottage to store away unseasonal clothes and other gardening supplies. However the basement in the Crystal mansion all have that eerie ambiance that told her to stay-away-. 

The stony stairs made clinking sounds as her little heel goes down deeper into the dim path. Goosebumps pricked her exposed arms, she shuddered. To her relief, she saw her athair's men guarding another set of door. They quickly noticed her and guided Serenity into the ring chamber.

Serenity had no idea what was happening and her gut told her to follow whatever it is. As she stepped into the room, she gasped, unlike what she had thought, the basement was larger and much more enormous. It was a fighting arena, a stage ring was set in the middle with high cross net walls, something she had  seen in MMA's show Chief Kaptan, Butter's dad often watched. Luxurious couches and seats were arranged in colosseum style with glossy coffee tables where light snacks and drinks were placed. 

Serenity saw her mothers and athair already seated in the front seats so were the guest. Camilla and Irina sat together in the third row. She quietly made her way next to Irina and settle herself. 

'Hey there!' 

Serenity flinched and jumped in her seat. She quickly looked over her shoulder and breathe a relief when she saw it was only Igor.

"Igor! You scared me!" she accused him.

"Sorry Seri. I don't think you should come here. Its bad..." Igor sighed before taking a seat next to hers.

"What do you mean?" Serenity asked innocently "I-I don't understand anything Igor. What is happening? "

" Alessandro Vitali wants to test the strength of the mob right now. He had challenged the strongest man in the Familia to step up. And- "

"And?"

"Killian accepted it."

What do you think of this chapter, dear mud bloods??

Sorry for the short chapter...

Jeez...

I AM JUST KIDDING! THERE IS MORE! 

SCROLL DOWN LAZY BUTTS!

"W-What!" Serenity gasped, slapping a hand over her mouth.

Igor just nodded in reply.

"Oh Igor! Can anybody stop them? Killy will get hurt! Please do something. K-Killy will be hurt!" 

"There is nothing anyone could do. Stepping back will only bring shame to the family and giving up is the worst thing that could ever happen to a Mafioso's reputation. Lets just pray Killian wins this."  

All the lightings went off for a minute before dim red light narrowed down on the stage. Serenity felt the settings weird and strange. There were no referees, no judges, it was a practically a cage where once you enter there was no way out. She gripped onto her couch tightly to calm her nerves. Igor, must have sensed it as he enveloped her cold hands in his warm ones comfortingly.

Killian, now dressed in boxing shorts entered the ring, his fist were wrapped in gauze and tapes, there was no other protecting gear on him. He did his warm ups as they all waited for Alessandro.

Serenity turned to Igor " Why is the stage red? Igor. There are no judges, no referees. Killian is not wearing a helmet. They should wear one right?"

"Seri, this is gonna be really bad. Why don't you go back?" Igor stood up but Serenity held onto him. She whimpered, "Please Igor..."

Igor groaned loudly, shaking his head, 'I am telling you this, so you can prepare yourself dear. This is no ordinary sparring. The match will be over only when one opponent is completely knocked out or is....dead."

Serenity gasped, her eyes blurring with tears.

" The dim red light is to distract the opponents and increase the angst among the audience. It is not the first time our mob has been tested. Sometimes, its Killian in the ring and sometimes its our best men. Killian has always come out victorious. He has won all his fights and his fame is honorable. But...this is the first time, Seri, somehow I feel anxious. Alessandro Vitali isn't someone to take lightly. He came out of nowhere and has been running the underworld in his palm. Nobody is familiar with how his mind works or how he strikes. 

In the previous matches, Killian study his opponent repetitiously for over a month and schemed his moves. But this fight came up all of a sudden and there is no record of Alessandro standing in the ring before. He must have come prepared if he challenged Killian."

The information was too much to take in, Serenity shut her eyes. She gulped the lump forming at her throat. Although she want Killian to win and be safe, she couldn't fathom the thought of Alessandro being hurt. For God's sake, why did he kissed her, not once but twice, before all of this? She could just leave before the fight start but the restlessness and curiosity will dragged her little ass back to her seat. 

Alessandro walked into the ring too, Serenity could see his eyes roaming around before it landed on her, she swore she could see a ghost of smile on his monotonous angelic face. Unlike Killian, she observed that he was in long jogger sweatpants, his wrists and knuckles were wrapped in gauze too and his chiseled rock hard abs on display and that alone made her jaw dropped. Serenity blushed when she realized she was checking him out. 

"Come on, rascals. Start the show!" Papy Fostello hollered from the head seat. He had a giant tub of popcorns in one hand and his excited eyes were keened on the stage. Serenity made a face, how could one eat popcorns during bloodsheds. Her Papy was surely one of a kind.

Once the first bell rang, Killian charged at Alessandro before Serenity could even blink an eye. The man on the other side was agile and quick on his feet, ducking Killian's attack with swift and neat moves. There was constant attack from Killian's side but Alessandro defended them with unthinkable shifts and stirs. 

The redden atmosphere was making her sick.

Serenity was even more shocked to see Victoria and Anushka cheering Killian with pom-poms as though they were in a high school football match. Papy Fostello kept yelling 'Kick his ass!' Serenity didn't know who he was telling to kick whose ass. Everyone was so intensively into the brawl.

 The fight was vigorous, she could not figure out who was beating who, so she had to rely on the information Igor occasionally comment.

" Killian is bulkier than Alessandro, it could have been a disadvantage for our opponents but Alessandro used his speed to balance his power punches. OH FUCKING DAMN IT! THAT'S A MASSIVE KICK." Igor yelled, shooting up from his seat. " Alessandro pretended a quick right hook over the top, it caught Killian off guard. He responded with a round wide kick. Killian is knocked off balance. Damn! I have never seen anything like it!" 

Serenity flinched with every punches they throw at each other. Alessandro was over with his defensive shots, now she could see that he was throwing attacks after attacks. It left Killian bewildered and in a soft position. Nobody was unable to comprehend when he towered over. His fight was a lot more aggressive, heavier and quick. such a deadly combination. 

It was late when they realized that was his plan all along....to tired Killian out and made him feel a taste of success, before dragging him down all the way from the height. He continued pounding down Killian with hostile jabs and punches. It was a bloody mess. Both of them were bleeding, Killian's worse than Alessandro. Serenity felt her heart clenched with pain as she watched Alessandro throwing punch after punch on Killian. Regardless of what he did, Killian was her brother, her protector and solace once. She didn't realize she was already crying.

Igor roared " bastard fuilteach ! Alessandro is not letting Killian passed out. He could have fucking knocked him down if he wanted, he is playing him... painfully slow. That BASTARD IS fucking SICK!"

By now, Victoria and Anushka , had stopped throwing pom-poms in the air . Papy Fostello, too halted ordering more popcorns. They seemed to be realizing the gravity of the situation. It was no more a test, nor a fight. it was a hunt. Alessandro was the predator and Killian his prey. The sadistic glint in his eyes were clear and the malicious challenge had turned fatal. Victoria started screeching at Conall to stop the fight. She went ballistic and had to be detained by Charon and Anushka. 

'Stepping back will only bring shame to the family and giving up is the worst thing that could ever happen to a Mafioso's reputation'

Serenity recalled what Igor had said before the match. Her heart beats went frenzied. She was on her feet the next second, her terrified eyes looked for her Athair. Don O'sullivan sat with clenched fist as though there was nothing he could do. His selfish heart would not drag down his name even at the expense of his son's life. 

Serenity quickly rushed to his chair. She got down on her knees, tears streaming down her face as she begged him to stop the fight. 

"Please Stop them, Athair! K-Killian is s-so hurt! Please...Stop them....He-He will kill him...Please. I-I will do everything y-you say. Please s-save Killy. Athair!" She sobbed.

"Mr. O'Sullivan. I think you should consider this. The odds aren't in our favor today. You will lose your heir at this point." Don Romero said.

Conall let out a loud sigh, " I have three other sons. Mr. Romero" He didn't even look at Serenity in the eyes as if she was non existent.

Serenity was shocked at the blatant nonchalance he had. His eldest son was dying in front of his eyes and he wasn't fazed at all rather commented that he had enough heirs to replace Killian.

"Athair!" she hissed through gritted teeth. Her heart wrenched with aches and the hope in her eyes crumbled down into pieces. For the first time, since she had arrived here in Crystal mansion, Serenity felt anger, so much anger at her helplessness, at her Athair, at the man beating her Killy, at everyone who was watching this without doing anything. Have they lost their minds? Of course they had, watching people get killed and murdered is like watching a soap opera for them. She cried harder in despair. 

"NO! Killian! GET UP!" Victoria screamed.

Serenity whipped her head at the scene, her breath hitched as she stare at the stage. Everything seemed to be falling in a slow motion. She caught a glimpse of how Alessandro sent a double flying kick at Killian's face, how her brother arched before falling on his back. The blood that spluttered out of his mouth and the way the platform shook from the effect.

"KILLY!!!!" 

Before anyone could react, Serenity grabbed a towel from a nearby couch and hurled it inside the ring.

"SERENITY!!!!!!"

She had thrown a white towel in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, lovelies! How are you all doing? Sorry for the late update. Actually, I have never witnessed fights, brutal fights in real life. I grew up in a pretty safe environment and I don't like watching martial arts and all, so I am pretty dumb when it comes to this things. 

I have read a lot of fight scenes in Wattpad and in my honest opinion, some are pretty childish and awkward. It looked a lot arrogant and I don't know how to explain it but I have not come across good fight scenes in Wattpad. I had to ask my cousins and guy friends how fight happen and all the terminology to come up with this chapter. One of my guy friend made me watch MMA and I almost throw up at all the bloods and aggression. 

Please go easy on me! I swear its my first time writing fights.

How was the chapter? 

Good?

Bad?.

Or just meh...?

Stay safe, stay happy and keep smiling!

A lot of you wrote on my message board and I am eternally thankful for those. They gave me real push to update faster.

I Love you guys...MUAHHHHH!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ( NO! don't share! my mum wants to read this book. And I am getting paranoid lately)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 92 18
A dengerous, cold and ruthless Mafia x A soft, cute and innocent girl Enjoy!! 🐭
295K 3.7K 26
Lots of sex scenes. Cause I'm a horny freak. This book is very poorly written and I'm very very sorry. It was an experiment book to give me ideas for...
5.1K 180 31
WARNING: THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE