My Silver Lining (Marvel/Star...

Oleh catalan_andrea

Miranda Rambeau, formerly known as Ayla Breha Shan, is the adopted daughter of Maria Rambeau and younger sist... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: The Decision
Chapter 2: The Reunion
Chapter 4: The Death Wish
Chapter 5: The Encampment
Chapter 6: The Child
Chapter 7: The Jawas
Chapter 8: The Mudhorn
Chapter 9: Getting The Child Back
Chapter 10: Escaping Nevarro
Chapter 11: Sorgan
Chapter 12: Nightmares
Chapter 13: A Glimpse Into The Past
Chapter 14: Taking Down The Raiders
Chapter 15: The Bounty Hunter
Chapter 16: Tatooine
Chapter 17: The Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Mercenaries
Chapter 19: The Job
Chapter 20: Getting Even
Chapter 21: You Are Not My Mother
Chapter 22: Clan Of Two
Chapter 23: The Mistake
Chapter 24: Returning Home
Chapter 25: Time Heist
Chapter 26: The Battle Against Thanos
Chapter 27: Leave It To Ayla
Chapter 28: The Djarin Family
Chapter 29: The Talent Show

Chapter 3: The Mission

386 9 1
Oleh catalan_andrea

My heart dropped at her words. I had a bad feeling about what she'd tell me. I let out a shaky sigh, trying to keep it together. "How's she doing?"

"I think you should come here right now." Dr. Harley advised.

"I'm on my way." I replied, before hanging up.

At that moment, R8 came into my office, letting out a few beeps. R8 resembled the astromech, R2-D2, from Star Wars. One day, I asked how I got R8, and my mom told me I loved Star Wars so much that I decided to build my own atromech. I looked over at R8.

"We need to go to the hospital, R8. It's mom, she needs us." I informed him.

R8 gave me an affirmative beep, prepared to follow me to the hospital. Once we arrived, I rushed towards mom's room. As soon as I found her room, I rushed inside. Mom lied on the bed dressed in a hospital gown. I sat down in the chair beside her. She weakly turned her head towards me. Mom looked awful. There were dark circles under her eyes. Her eyes lit up when she saw me. "Mandy..."

My heart clenched to see her like this. She raised a hand towards me. I gently grabbed her hand, giving her a smile. "Mom. How are you feeling?"

I could feel her pain, radiating off of her. Mom grimaced. "I'm not gonna lie to you, Mandy. I'm not feeling so great."

"It's all right, mom. There are days where you won't feel well, but that doesn't mean that this is the end." I mentioned.

Mom hesitated upon hearing my words. "Mandy, S.W.O.R.D....needs a new leader."

I shook my head. "No mom, S.W.O.R.D. has you. You will pull through this. You beat cancer once, you'll do it again."

I noticed mom glance over, looking at R8. She looked deep in thought. For a while she didn't speak. And when mom did, she croaked. "You and I both know that won't happen. I'm not going to make it...Go to Hayward, tell him that I said, 'it's time.' He'll tell you the truth."

I raised an eyebrow. "The truth?"

"...About your parents." Mom explained.

I was taken back by her words. What did she mean? She said my real parents were dead. I shook my head.

"You're my mom. I have no other parents." I argued.

"No, your parents are alive, Mandy." She replied. She then forced a smile. "I love you very much, my little sunshine, don't you forget that."

My lip quivered as I returned her smile. "I love you too, mom."

"S.W.O.R.D. needs you. They need you to be the next director." Mom uttered out. "Be....strong, Mandy...be brave. I'm so sorry...for keeping certain things from you, I just wanted to protect you the best I could. Fly away, my little butterfly..."

Her eyelids grew heavy as her grip around my hand weakened. My heart clenched as tears filled my eyes. Mom looked at me one last time before she closed her eyes. On the monitor, I heard a beeping sound. I dared to look over at the monitor, seeing a flat line on the screen. Tears streamed down my eyes as I looked back at mom. I then felt nothing as I clutched her hand.

"No! Mom!" I cried. "No! Mom, come back! Please! I need you!"

Dr. Harley rushed into the room, approaching my side. She placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Mandy. But she's gone. Your mom's not coming back."

•••

A week after mom died, a funeral was held. I organized the funeral and spoke in front of everyone on behalf of Monica and for me. The family and close friends attended the funeral. How I wish Monica was here for this. I returned to S.W.O.R.D. headquarters the following day. I stormed directly into Hayward's office, finding Hayward on the phone with his feet up on his desk. R8 arrived, standing by my side. Hayward was taken back to see me.

"I gotta call you back." Hayward said before hanging up. "Agent Rambeau, I didn't expect to see you here so soon. I heard what happened to your mother...you have my condolences."

"Thank you, Hayward. I'm here because my mom talked to you. She told me to tell you that: it's time. And she said that you'd tell me the truth, whatever that is." I informed him.

I didn't believe mom's words, but since they were her last words I figured I'd speak to Hayward. The worst he could do was laugh at my face, telling me what the hell was I talking about. But instead of laughing, Hayward's face fell as he out a sigh.

"I knew this day would come. Just didn't think it would happen any time soon." Hayward mentioned. "Have a seat, Mandy."

Reluctantly, I pulled up a chair as Hayward took his feet off the desk. He then grabbed something from his drawer before plopping it onto the desk. Hayward then slid a file in my direction. I glanced down to see the S.W.O.R.D. and S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol on the file. I reluctantly opened up the file to find a picture of the first day I became a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent along with a photo of when I was seven. Growing up, oddly, there were no pictures of me when I was younger, but mom always told me that she adopted me at the age of seven and the orphanage I was at had no pictures of me.

Agent: Ayla Breha Shan

Alias: Miranda Rambeau, Olivia Serrano

Place of birth: Unknown

Date of Birth: June 7th (year unknown)

Status: Active

Document citizenship: United States

Height: 5-2

Weight: 125 lbs

Family: Abner Shan (father), Deara Antilles (mother), Maria Rambeau (adopted mother), Monica Rambeau (adopted sister)

Marital status: Single

Languages: Classified

Education: Hancock High School, Massachusetts Institute of University, Culver University, the University of Cambridge, S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Operations, S.H.I.E.L.D, S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Communications, Academy of Science and Technology.

I shook my head. No, this can't be. This has to be some type of cruel joke. My biological parents are dead. Mom told me so herself. I can't believe this...I looked back up at Hayward, letting out a scoff, throwing the file back. "This is one big joke."

"I can assure you that this is the truth." Hayward assured me. "Your mother, Director Fury, and I are the only ones who know of your true identity."

"Wait...so Director Fury knew about this?" I inquired rather baffled.

Hayward nodded. "Director Rambeau confided in him not long after they met. Fury was impressed with your skills, been amazed since he first met you when you were a child. Even wanted you to be an Avenger, but when the three of us met, your mother urged him not to let you join the team."

I was stupefied upon hearing his words. I could feel my anger rising as I clenched my fists. I could've been an Avenger? I secretly wished to work with the Avengers, wanting to meet them. When I denied, I thought it was because I was not strong enough or skilled to be on the team, but now I see that was not the reason.

"And why didn't she want me to be an Avenger?" I asked.

"For your safety. Your mother wanted you to work undercover, where no one would know you by your name or face." Hayward explained. "There are certain things that you don't understand yet, Agent. But one thing is certain, you are not from Earth, Ayla."

"That's not my name. My name is Miranda Rambeau." I corrected, clenching my fists.

Hayward raised his hands. "No need to get all snappy with me. I'm just telling you the way it is."

All of the sudden, a hologram emerged from R8. I furrowed my brows. "R8? What are you doing?"

Before R8 could give me an answer, I saw a man in the the hologram. He had strange robes that reminded of Ben Kenobi from Star Wars. The man had honey colored eyes, fair skin, a small beard, and short brown hair. My blood froze...He looked so familiar. I had seen him before...but I wouldn't dare remind myself where I had seen him before. He glanced around until his eyes met mine. His eyes lit up. "Ayla?!"

"You're mistake, sir. My name is Miranda Rambeau." I protested.

"This is Ayla Shan." Hayward corrected.

I shot him a death glare. I then turned back towards the man, narrowing my eyes at him. "Who are you? What do you want?"

The man was taken back by my words. Nevertheless, he fixed his composure before speaking. "Well, I am Abner Shan, your father."

"My biological parents are dead." I retorted.

Abner's face fell. "No, your father's not dead...yet. But your mother's dead along with your home planet."

I shook my head. "No, I'm from Earth."

"No you're from a planet called Alderaan. Listen I will not argue with you, I don't have much time. I need your help." Abner informed me.

"Why do you need my help?" I questioned.

"I'm located on a planet where an Imperial remnant is. It's called Garqi." He explained. "I have no reinforcements, I went alone. The New Republic cannot send anyone any time soon. I'm reaching out to you through R8 because I can trust you."

I was baffled upon hearing him say R8's name. How did he know my droid's name? With that in mind, I blurted out. "How do you know R8's name?"

"The same reason you're on Earth. I took you there myself." He clarified. "I'll answer any questions you have once you arrive, but you must hurry. I'm not sure if I'll last long."

The hologram of Abner then vanished. I was left with a million questions. Hayward clasped his hands. "Well, it's settled then. You'll go and help him out."

My eyes widened at his words. Is he being serious? I don't even know this guy and Hayward wants me to go after this man to some planet I've never heard and rescue this stranger who I have never met before. I can't just abandon everything to go after this man.

"I can't go rescue some stranger, claiming to be my father. S.W.O.R.D. needs me, my own mom said that I should be the next Director. I can't leave now." I protested.

Hayward's eyes widened. "Wait, your mother made you Director?"

"Well, she said that I should be." I explained.

Hayward shook his head. "No, that won't do."

"Why not? If anyone can unite S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.W.O.R.D., it's me. Not to toot my own horn, but there's a reason my mom wanted me to be the new director." I shot back.

"You are in no condition to lead. You just lost your mother." Hayward pointed out.

"And I'm in the right mind to go after this man?" I retaliated.

"I know you're upset-" Hayward began.

"That's an understatement of the century. Why can't we send Agent Johnson and her team?" I suggested.

"They're currently unavailable." Hayward pointed out. "And who knows when they'll be done. You are the only agent who can do this mission. Deep down, you know that."

I let out a sigh, knowing he was right. The others, who hadn't vanished, who were in the astronaut training program weren't prepared. They had gone gone into a panic frenzy, but I'm not sure exactly sure why or how. But things had been chaotic ever since half the population disappeared.

"Fine...I'll go. But I'm gonna bring R8 with me." I informed him.

"Done." He confirmed. "You can leave right away."

I muttered something under my breath, saying who died and made him director before storming out of his office with R8 trailing behind me. I wanted to say he wasn't the boss of me, but technically he outranked me, so there wasn't anything I could say. I can't believe him. Hayward and I didn't exactly get along...at all. We always ended up arguing, and it took mom to break us apart. I made my way to the hangar to grab a spaceship for the mission. I had helped to build these spaceships, making them like the Zephyr 1 and Zephyr 3. I approached the ship, the Z-5. I called it the Photon Falcon.

The Photon Falcon was smaller than the Zephyr 1 and 3, about the size of a Quinjet. R8 and I made our way into the cargo bay and up the ladder, reaching the cockpit. R8 stood behind me, while I hopped in the pilot's chair. R8 let out a few beeps, informing me that this Abner man had given us coordinates to his location.

"Patch it in, R8." I urged.

R8 gave me an affirmative beep before moving to put the coordinates into the computer. Once the coordinates were in, I turned on the ship, getting out of the hangar and flew us out into of the atmosphere and in space. The first time I was in space was when mom took the Quadjet along with Aunt Carol, Fury, Goose, and the Skrull named Talos, into space. I had snuck onboard, which mom was very upset to see me with them. But there was no turning back, so against her order, I followed them into the laboratory, where the Kree found us inside the lab. I looked out the window, seeing the stars all around me. I never got tired of this sight. It was very beautiful. I took out my necklace with an interesting looking small orange crystal. It was all I had left of my father. The crystal was green, but the moment I first touched it, the crystal turned orange, which amazed me. R8 let out a few beeps, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded. "Yeah, I've got the coordinates."

I grabbed the lever, preparing us to enter a jump point. In a matter of moments, we went through the jump point. This wasn't the first time that I flew in space, and I hoped that this wouldn't be the last time. After about a day, I managed to come across the planet, Garqi, which Abner had mentioned. We landed in a rain forest, which was filled tall trees that I had never seen before, green plants of all different shapes and sizes, and small red and orange birds flying about. Once we landed, R8 and I climbed out of the ship. I looked around, taking in the scent of the trees. The small birds let out chirps before flying down towards me. A smile appeared on my face as I extended out a hand, allowing the birds to land on me. I let out a chuckle as the birds landed on my hands, my head, and my arms. They turned their heads towards me, chirping. After a few moments, they flew away.

"R8, find out where this Abner Shan is." I ordered, turning to face R8.

R8 let out a few beeps, telling me that Abner was my father and to call him that. I scoffed. "That man is not my father."

R8 let out a few beeps, scolding me for not calling Abner my father, but could you blame me? I'm not about to call a stranger who claims to be my father. Upon hearing R8's words, I then realized that R8 knew who my parents this entire time. All those times I asked if he knew anything about my biological parents, he remained silent. I narrowed my eyes. "All this time, you knew..."

R8 lowered his head, giving me a sad beep, knowing I was upset with him. After a few moments, a periscope popped out from the top of his head. He scanned the area, searching for Abner. About a minute passed by until R8 informed me that Abner was in the Capital, a city called Pesktda.

"Great. Then let's get going." I advised.

We then walked through the rain forest, making our way towards Abner's location. I can't wait until we find him. The quicker we find that man, the faster I'll be able to go back home and fight for that position of Director. Once we reached the Capital, I saw several tall and medium sized buildings with wide avenues, open-air plazas, along with tall trees that smelled like a winter Daphne, and homes that resembled cafes. This place was unlike anything I've seen before.

I scanned the area, seeing no one walking about the streets. That's strange. I then heard the sound of blasters. Without thinking twice, I ran towards the sound. R8 trailed behind me. I rushed towards the middle of the city. There I saw Abner standing in his robes, holding what looked like a lightsaber, but it was unlike any lightsaber I saw in Star Wars. This lightsaber had a long silver blade. I looked on in awe as he was surrounded by many stormtrooper looking soldiers, holding rifles.

"Surrender, Jedi!" One exclaimed.

I was taken back. Jedi? It's like I walked into a Star Wars movie. I was so baffled that I was still trying to process everything that was going on. 

"Abner Shan!" I called out, trying to get his attention.

The stormtroopers turned towards me, raising their rifles. Abner turned around to face me. His eyes widened. "Ayla...my starbird."

The stormtroopers fired their rifles, and red blasts emerged, making their way towards me. Abner moved in front of me, raising his lightsaber to protect me from the laser fire, deflecting them, and sending them back to the stormtroopers. I took out one of my pistols, raising it up before firing away, helping him take down the stormtroopers, but there was too many of them.

"We're outnumbered." I pointed out. "We should go."

"No, not now. We have to stay here. The people of this city need me." Abner argued.

"No, what we need to do is get out of here." I protested. "There's only two of us. We'll be killed before we can defeat them all."

From the corner of my eye, I saw a stormtrooper fired a laser. My eyes widened. Abner noticed before I did, and he immediately pushed me onto the ground. As I collapsed onto the ground, I saw him take the laser, which hit his chest. Abner let out a cry, extending out his hands. All the stormtroopers around us were thrown back, hitting the ground. Abner also hit the street floor with a loud thud. My eyes widened in horror. "Abner!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

307K 12.3K 61
- 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦. For as long as Kasia Torelo can remember, luck and survival have gone hand-in-h...
954 22 15
The Mandalorian gets more than he bargained for when he takes a risky job in exchange for information on a Jedi. Preferring to work alone, he is frus...
80.1K 1.6K 14
(Highest Rank: 35 in #Reader) (Y/n) meets the Mandalorian when she's only 17. Truly brought together by fate, she tags along on his voyage. One late...
97.4K 3K 19
17 year old Kara Nightshade was born on a mysterious planet, Kaitara. People believed it was just a fairytale. On that planet, people possessed great...