Amped up || Cypher x Reader (...

Av loraavi

THE CHARACTER HERE IS NOT NEON! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, PLS DON'T SAY IT'S NEON, I GET THESE COMMENTS A LOT A... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Answer A
Answer B

Chapter 3

5.3K 180 215
Av loraavi

After listening to their offer, they gave me the time to think. I was grateful, as I started to feel like a mess, it seemed I can't grasp everything that's happening around me.

I sit down on the bed in the room Cypher allowed me to sleep, and I take the pillow. I press it against my chest in a tight hug, closing my eyes. I need to take everything in.

I inhale, and rewind everything. They simply offered me to work as the agent and steal some really expensive gems. That's what I'm good at, am I right? I bet the whole offer is way deeper than the part they've told me, but I can't pressure them.

Everything now seems a lot quieter. It's peaceful here. No disturbance. I've never lived like that. It's good to finally try it out. Cypher is in the room right beside and I don't mind, actually. He's neutral to me, and after having a whole show of his security equipment I do not fear being caught at night. I hear steps and look up, seeing the door crack open.

- Hello, Laria. - says Sage. - How do you feel?

- Confused a little, but despite that all good. Why did you come to me?

- I wanted to check up on you. I bet it's been a tough day.

- It always has been, I learned how to overcome it. Nothing special. Please, don't make me a victim here.

She smiles slightly, finally.

- I see.

Then, the stone face comes back.

- Be aware of Cypher. After you have him on his side he seems friendly, but I don't think he has any stronger bonds with anyone. If there's a need, he'll shoot you. He won't be as considerate as me.

- Thanks, I guess. I don't intend to vanish anyway. I'm fine with the way I'm right now. At least think so.

- You can trust me. - She puts a hand on my shoulder, talking in a soothing voice. - I will make sure you're fine.

Somehow the reassuring tone calms me down. She pats my shoulder twice and stands up.

- Maybe you and Cypher actually can become friends. I would be surprised to see that, but also pleased.

- Yea, I will try it, right away. I don't have anything else to do anyway. - I crack a slight smile.

She nods and heads out. Of course I'm not going to him. Not now at least, he will make me lose my consciousness again. I don't trust this guy at all, he seems heartless. Maybe he is. Or maybe I should be more considerate? What if he just lost somebody and doesn't want to be hurt again? I should really stop judging people so fast. I think a small chat wouldn't do any harm.

I tip toe out of my room, looking around. There he is, all gear on the table, didn't even pay attention to me. After a moment I notice blue dots aim straight at me.

- Yes? - he asks, not even raising his head.

- Um... - this is so awkward. Why did I agree to that? - How are you?

- Good.

And... what now? Damn, this dude.

- I see you're busy, I will head out, haha..

- My thanks.

OK, ouch. Well, whatever, not like I planned a long conversation anyway. I turn around, and make my way back to my room. That was so stupid, why did I even head out of my room. I just need to wait for my boss or whoever has control over me now to give me some cosy house.

I think I need to rest. Today's been tiring. I cover myself with sheets and sigh deeply. My body is restless, and it takes me a few, long minutes before I find myself in the right position.

I see them. They came to us.

- Mom? - I ask quietly, seeing strange figures standing outside.

- They came... - she whispered. - [y/n], you have to get out of here.

- What? Why?

- [y/n], please. You have to listen to me, just trust me. - she crouches and grasps both of my shoulders. - You'll understand someday.

- Where should I go?

- Anywhere, as far as you can... - she strokes my hair, smiling gently. Although that, she seems sad.

- Mom... I don't want to go.

I hear the door open and heavy steps of men bursting into the room. I didn't even notice when, but mom grabbed me and now she's running towards the exit in the back of our house. Immediately after opening the door, I hear a loud shot and I fall down with her. The ground isn't the softest, but before I can even get to myself and try to get up, two hands firmly take my wrists and drag somewhere. When I turn my head around I see her body laying without a move on the ground.

- MO-OM!!!! - I get up quickly, completely covered in sweat. What was that...?

When I turn around I notice that Cypher is standing in the entrance, looking at me.

- Could you, please, be a bit quieter? - he says, but it's not a mean tone. He actually asked this in a soft one.

This didn't calm me down, though.

- Shut up. Please. My head is exploding.

There's a moment of silence. I wonder if he's debating whether he should warm up a bit towards me, or not.

- I might have some headache pills. Wait here.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Maybe there's a way to get to him. I'll try to. With pills he brings a glass of water and places it on a small coffee table that is in the room. I grab it and swallow pills.

- Nightmare? - he asks.

- Hm? - Did he just speak to me first?

- I have them, too. Don't worry. It'll be our secret. - he winks with his weird eyes. - But you can tell me what you saw, it'd be interesting.

- Nothing important. - oh, what an irony. I was supposed to open up, and I'm the one trying to prevent him from asking personal questions.

- Oh come on, you can tell me. - He corrects himself in a chair and crosses arms on his chest. I can't tell whether he's smiling or not. But his voice sounds like it.

- Do you ever take your mask off? - I change the subject, I wanted to ask this anyway.

- Rarely. I need to eat, somehow. And drink. I'm not a robot, you know?

- Oh I don't know. - I take a sip of water.

He giggles, honestly amused.

- Okay, sleep tight, I'll go back to work. Tomorrow you have to tell me all about your dream.

- Cypher?

- Yes?

- Can you just stay, for a while? A small company would be appreciated.

- Haha, have I already stolen your heart? - He asks, holding his both hands together. - Of course, ma'am, I'll stay. Just sleep, please.

I snort, but lay down and watch as he grabs the chair and places it beside my bed. He puts his fingers on my eyelids and closes my eyes slowly.

- Rest up, sparkle.

I can't hold a smile. Even if he said that with a small tease, this is the nicest way anyone has ever called me.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

3.7K 18 10
γ€ŠAddictive Touch》, A Lesbian VALORANT fanfiction by Kyo. Reyna and Jett were allies in battles and close friends. They both are powerful and talented...
38.3K 478 12
Just a few one-shots and small stories to satisfy your (my-) need for this asshole of a French man. I love this man, help. Fluff, angst, smut... Gen...
123K 1.4K 29
Hey, I'm your beloved Writer but y'all can call me Rin! I'm a Gamer and if you need a gaming buddy you can always dm me private and i'll try my best...
26.1K 712 66
Embark on an immersive adventure where you become an agent of the Valorant Protocol. Step into a parallel reality of the Valorant game, with one sign...