Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ

9.5K 244 29
By iguessiwritebooksnow

A/N: Don't forget to VOTE please 🤍

Sophia's POV

We sat in his car, we were both silent and I knew that we both felt the stiff demeanor hanging in the air. As he turned the car around, he finally broke the thick layer of tension by asking me for my address, and I reacted by giving it to him. But, of course, not without a little stutter in the beginning.

 He sighed, and in a trice, he was facing me. I tried to, at first, avoid it, but I could tell that he wanted me to look, so I diffidently stopped giving him a view of my side-profile. 

"You know I won't bite, right?" His face was phlegmatic and severe, though if you were concentrated enough, it seemed as if he didn't want to scare me. He tried to talk in a soothing tone, and despite his low and rough voice, it did kind of help. 

"I think a lot of guys at school would disagree," I murmured under my breath, almost sarcastically, thinking he wouldn't hear me. Wrong.  

He chuckled, the low rumble echoing through my mind. I think it might have become my favourite sound. He confronted me again, fascination, maybe even astonishment on his facial features by what I said. Though of course he hid it as soon as it came, back to his emotionless face.  

When I noted that he overheard, I ranted on, afraid that I was being mean. Much to his amusement. "I just mean tha-that a lot of people are scared of you, you know. Like me, I'm sca- no wait, I'm not scared of you. I... You're just very intimidating, I mean." I sealed my lips after this, not desiring to embarrass myself even more.  

I couldn't decipher his expression, and couldn't help but question myself on what went on inside his mind. Is he even thinking about something?  He sometimes appeared so peaceful, I wonder if he has thoughts roaming his head like mine.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾   ★   ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Grayson's Thoughts

Why? Why, oh why did I insist on bringing her with me? 

I promised myself to stay away from her, for my and her own good, and for fuck's sake I couldn't even do that. 

At least her house is only a few blocks away.

Once she noticed that I had caught her staring at me, she immediately regarded the passing houses and bushes instead. A blush covering her neck and nose. But my focus remained on her. Oh, how absolutely heavenly does she look...

The way she nervously smiles at me when she sees me, even though I never return the gesture. The way she blushes 'til her cheeks are the color pink.

The color pink...the same colour her sweater once was when she went to school.

Yes, I remembered which color her sweater was. And not only that day.

This is just one of the many things she does to me. This is how she can mess me up. 

Again, without even noticing. 

While she minded her own business now, my mind went back to when she said I was intimidating. I wanted to smile. "A lot of people are scared of you," she had said. I liked that. People know who I am, they know not to mess with me because they know what I can do.  

But somehow I didn't. I didn't smile at all. I loved how kids from my school were terrified of me, but her... I don't know.

There's something about her. It's different with her. I don't want her to think that I'm a monster. 

But she doesn't think that.

Yet.

The way her eyes sparkle when she sees me and then tries to hide it... 

She looks at me as if I were an angel, a protector. She didn't see the evil within my soul, not like anyone else. But that's because she has never seen the other side of me.

The side I try to conceal and bury away from the world.

The side I find forbidden.

But I was the complete opposite.

I was the troubled teen that your dad wouldn't want you to hang out with. 

The teen that's a monster.

A monster... I'm not one.

No. She told me I wasn't.

I wasn't a bad guy, she said.

But I know I am.

I'm the dark night sky, and sometimes, when the heavy clouds come, everything goes black. She was like the stars, the moon. She gave light and wishes to all who got swallowed into the night sky, including me. 

She was just like Sophia.

Sophia is just like her. 

(A/N: I know this is extremely confusing right now with the girl Grayson is comparing Sophia to, but it'll all clear up in the end. I promise!) 

I wasn't concentrated on the road like I should be while driving, but with Sophia next to me... Her pureness and innocence radiated off of her. Anyone in her presence could tell that she wasn't faking it. Curious, blue eyes, big and bright.  

I sometimes want to save her. Save her from this overwhelming and love-sucking, sick world. She deserves better. Better than I can give her. Perhaps better than anyone can give a person. Her mind is still new to the world. She has yet a lot to explore; parties to go to, probably her first kiss, traveling, relationships...everything

But I'm scared for her.

She's fragile, anybody can tell.

It is actually infuriating how oblivious and damn naive she can be.

It was quiet in the car, yet not awkward or uncomfortable. It gave me time to think. Think about Sophia, think about her, think about my life. And I think I finally know now... I understand. 

I figured out why I feel this yearning and blissful feeling around Sophia. The feeling of craving something or someone. But the sensation I so desperately longed for was not just any. There was only one person who could fulfill my needs,

Or so I thought, until I met Sophia.

Maybe God had sent her.

Maybe God planned for Sophia to move and come here.

Who knows? I don't even know if I believe in God.

But I know one thing for sure, Sophia reminded me of her.

That's why I feel this connection between us.

That's why I feel like I know her, even though she's like a stranger. 

She doesn't know me...not the real me. 

I want Sophia.

No. I need Sophia.

I almost couldn't tear my gaze from the ethereal sight before me. She was so wholesome and beautiful. I've seen many stunning girls and women before, but Sophia was on a whole other level. Her long eyelashes fluttering. Her brown, long hair in waves cascading downwards. 

She can calm my inner demons down, she's the only one that can now, but she also has the power to let all hell lose. Even without knowing. 

I shook my head at the thought and instinctively shifted my eye-line away from her, watching the long road in front of me. What have I gotten myself into?

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ★ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Sophia's POV

The pleasant silence ended when I told him to stop here. He cut the engine short and parked on the sidewalk. I unbuckled my seat belt and put my hand on the door handle. "Thank you," I said to him. "For dropping me off and for your jacket."

He nodded at me, his face seemingly frustrated. He didn't say anything, so I took that as my sign to go. I opened the car door, climbed out and turned around, meeting his eyes once more. I tried searching one last time, to see if I could discover what he was thinking about, but nothing came up.

I gave a shy smile, closed the shut and walked over to my house. I'm home, I sighed, and twisted my fingers around the knob of the front door. Grayson hasn't left yet, maybe he was making sure I got in safe. That would be nice, I thought. 

It was by now my third attempt on trying to open the door, and I realised it wasn't working. The door was stuck for some odd reason. Well, wasn't this just my luck... 

A/N: I apologise, next chapter will be more eventful! This was just to show what's it like in Grayson's head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
212K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
5.1K 118 36
[COMPLETED] [UNEDITED] Athena Vasilios had just figured out that her parents had been leaders of the Italian Mafia. Unfortunately, they've passed awa...
485 18 12
An innocent london girl who's 17 years old waits patiently until she graduates high school to escape her abusive foster parents. On her journey, she...