๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•– | ๐’๐š๐ฆ ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ฏ๏ฟฝ...

By Gentle8Kisses

[Book One] "My mother named me Enola. Which backward spells alone And yet I never was" definition: isolated o... More

๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž
๐‚๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ญ
๐Œ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐–๐จ๐จ๐๐ฌ
๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ
๐ƒ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐‹๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ
๐„๐ง๐ฒ๐š
๐…๐จ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฌ
๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž
๐‘๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ž๐ง
๐–๐จ๐ซ๐ค ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ
๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐Œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ซ
๐‘๐จ๐š๐ ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ
๐๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐œ๐ž
๐†๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ
๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐’๐ž๐ญ
๐Œ๐ž๐ญ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐“๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ
๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐•๐š๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
General question...

๐’๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ

11.3K 416 63
By Gentle8Kisses

Enola sighed as she entered the woods, hoping that the light murmur of voices in the woods was her friends and not a group of strangers who wanted to kill her. Trampling over a few weeds in the path, the mind fairy began to follow the voices she was hearing, focusing her powers to make sure she was walking in the right direction.

She had received a text from Musa that they were going to the old barn a few minutes ago and prayed that they would be able to retrieve the damn ring and leave before it was too late.

Enola sighed once she saw the five fairies all standing in the circle as they debated who would go into the structure, "This is my workout for the rest of the week," she huffed, stumbling down the small hill she was standing on top of to stand near Terra.

"It was only a few yards away," Musa joked, causing Enola to roll her eyes. The sister was about to reply with a smart comment when both their eyes glowed at the same time.

Enola didn't say a word as she followed her sister towards the voices, wondering what could possibly be making so much noise in the middle of the forest.

"Girls?"

Terra followed the girls, wondering what could have gotten into them to make them zone out. She watched as they followed their magic's control walking a few feet into the woods.

Just when Musa and Enola stopped, looking at the sight before them, hundreds of specialists lying dead. The burned ones had gotten to them all. Just as they were about to warn the others, pain took over.

Enola practically folded into herself as she doubled over in pain, the same pain she had felt the previous night when she faced the burned one. It was as if they were all under the same influence the burned one was under, the same fear and loss of control.

Images flew before Enola's eyes as they turned completely pink, pictures of massacre, bloodlust, death, and pain, so much pain that Enola felt like she couldn't breathe. The thoughts, however, were what immobilized the mind fairy, literally, wails sounding like prisoners all trying to claw themselves free.

It was as if Enola had fallen into darkness.

"It hurts," Musa moaned as her fingers dug themselves into the dirt, not even noticing her sister, who was writhing in agony next to her.

Terra seemed to break herself out of the horrific trance she was under at the sight of the bloodied carnage in front of her as she grabbed onto both girls trying to shake them out of their own minds.

Enola gulped as she tried to ignore the stabbing feeling in her mind as she pushed herself off the floor of the woods. Ignoring the pain, she forced her body to approach Musa before violently shaking the girl out of the trance, "Musa, are you okay?"

"Guys," Terra shouted over to the barn, moving to help Musa and Enola up on their feet, "We have got a problem."

Enola leaned against the tree stump, clenching her eyes shut as she tried to force herself to ignore all the painful cries of help, grinding her teeth together. The pain seemed to be the worst of it once Enola began to silence the wails, but the mind fairy was managing to control herself enough to listen to the girls speak.

"The Burned one," Stella began, "It's still here. Isn't it?"

"That's Mr. Silva," Terra said, causing Enola to force her eyes open to see the specialist teacher barely conscious as his bloodied body leaned on a tree not so far away. Her eyes flitted over at the group, noticing her sister hunched over near Terra before she realized they were missing one.

"Where's Bloom?"

Aisha snapped her head at the barn before she took off, causing Terra to look over at Stella, "You go help find Bloom while we help Mr. Silva."

"But what about the twins," Stella trailed off, noticing how bent out of shape the two were. Enola pushed herself off the tree, despite the enormous amount of pain it caused as she shook her head.

"Go, We've got this."

The girl's approached Mr. Silva hesitantly, careful not to step on any of the dead bodies along the way. Musa and Enola had recovered, for the most part, both focusing on tunneling their power to avoid connecting with anyone.

Silva extended his sword the minute the girls approached, angling the dagger right at them. Enola stumbled back a bit. She didn't need to be a genius to tell that the warrior could still easily injure all three of them.

"It's us, Mr. Silva," Terra began, noticing his fearful gaze, "It's Terra Harvey and Musa. We are here to help you."

"I know who you are," Mr. Silva spoke, his voice raspy as he struggled to breathe with his injuries, "Please get back."

"The Burned Ones cut you, and you're infected," Terra tried to explain to him, but he kept his sword in the air regardless, causing Enola to sigh.

This was when mind fairies were supposed to be at their most efficient if the definition could be so disgustingly put. This was what they would train for their entire lives. Crouching down to her knees, Enola strained to allow herself to access Silva's thoughts, allowing a few tears to fall as the pain infiltrated her brain once again.

"Mr. Silva," Enola spoke in a calm voice, careful to show any fear or hesitation as she tested his thoughts for the best way to deal with him, "We are trying to help you. Terra has Zambaq that she would like to use," looking to the earth fairy, Enola nodded for her to hold him down, "We are going to make sure that everyone is safe in the process."

Silva seemed to calm down for a moment, allowing Terra to wrap the vines around Silva's arms and legs just when the burned one's poison began to get into his eyes. Enola let out a sigh of relief as her powers flickered out, allowing her to grab the Zambaq from Terra's pocket.

"Musa, I need you to hold his head," Enola turned to her sister before she noticed that her sister was still connected to Silva, "Connect to Terra. She isn't scared."

Enola noticed the earth fairy smile at her, but she paid it no mind, as it was simply the truth. She never thought Terra would be such a good connection at times, but she was wrong.

Musa nodded her head as she tilted Silva's mouth open allowing Enola to pour the Zambaq into his mouth. Enola's finger's slightly trembled, but she still managed to get the liquid into his mouth before it was too late.

"Great," Terra nodded, before letting her vines loose, "Now come on, we need to get him to the school before it is too late."

Musa nodded as she moved one of Silva's arms around her shoulder, while Enola did the same with his other side before they began dragging him to school. Terra nodded, brushing the dirt off her pants as she rushed in front of them, so she could lead them back to the school.

They rushed back to the school as fast as they could, neither girl complaining about the weight, despite Terra's offer to assist. The mind fairy had never felt more useless than in that moment as they all rushed into the great hall, facing a huge crowd of students murmuring about what could have happened.

"I need a medkit from the Bastion," Terra shouted, watching as Riven ran to get one, followed by Beatrix offering to get Dowling. Her eyes then flew over to Dane, who stood few steps away in shock, "Dane, come help."

Enola sighed in relief when her spot was quickly taken by Dane, who lifted Silva up. At the same time, Terra switched spots with Musa allowing the sisters to catch their breath as they continued to walk beside Silva.

"Sam!"

Terra shouted towards him, causing Enola's eyes to fly up to the boy she had just spoken to not long ago, who stood near one of the columns in confusion. Her mind quickly began to wonder once again how Terra knew the earth fairy, wondering if they ran into each other at the greenhouse. Her question was soon answered, however, as Terra said.

"Go get dad," Terra looked over at the tall boy, who quickly nodded his head before rushing to find Professor Harvey.

"Dad?" Enola's entire body froze up as she looked between Sam's retreating figure and Terra in confusion, as she began to realize they were siblings. She had stopped in her steps as her heart deflated. There was no way she could date Terra's brother. Right?

☹ ☻

Enola sat at her bedside window as she looked out at the stone circle. Her thoughts were filled with imaginings of Sam and her together with the newfound knowledge that he was Terra's older brother.

She couldn't imagine what the world had against her that made it adamant she did not have any form of happiness. If they were together, she would not only have to hear everyone's thoughts about their relationship, but she would have to hear Terra's. Her roommates, who she saw at least five times a day. Who would certainly have terribly awkward t best judgmental at worst thoughts about the green-eyed fairy dating her brother.

Of course, Enola was jumping to conclusions as she had barely gotten to know Sam yet, but it felt as if there was just another thing in her life that was making her remain alone.

Resting her palm on her hand, the mind fairy was about to go to sleep when she suddenly heard a thought.

'So, a little birdy told me you know my sister. Yet another fact I can now store under the mystery of Enola.'

The mind fairy giggled as she listened to Sam's thoughts to her from wherever he was. From a distance in his voice, he wasn't close to her, much to the fairy's dismay. But she knew for a fact that they shared the same floor, or else she wouldn't be able to hear his thoughts, even if he was seeking her out the way he was now.

'Have a good night, Enola. As I will rest in peace knowing that you have finally been exposed to the wonders of Enya.'

Enola furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before she heard a song begin to play in her head. The tune was the epitome of peace and everything that she felt when she read Sam's thoughts. She would never say it but he was pretty spot on with his guess.

A small smile fell on her lips as she leaned back on her pillows, allowing her mind to be filled with the sounds of peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 824 9
"๐ผ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐ผ ๐‘Ž๐‘š ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘š...
98.6K 2.5K 20
ROSE GOLD ใ€ STANDALONE ใ€‘ โ ๐’๐’‰, ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, all of the city lights never ๐’”๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’† as bright as ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ...
631K 14.9K 31
Undesirable- (In which Adelina falls in love with the boy she hates more than anything.) (Riven hated Adelina. He even hated the sound of her name. I...
66.5K 1K 21
Aundrey Hayden, a powerful fairy without control. Her element is supposed to be fire but what happens when she can't control it? What happens when th...