The CEO's Wife

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross paths for a reason ❞ Ibrahim Qureshi, 29-years-ol... More

before you read
copyright
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
bonus one
bonus two
gratitude

epilogue

34.5K 1.4K 194
By ShabanaTheStar

Mawra had no idea what love at first sight was. That is until she held her daughter's tiny little body in her hands for the first time ever. Masha Allah, she was so beautiful. Happy tears wouldn't stop flowing down her eyes the whole day.

"Ibrahim...." She called her husband softly whilst holding her baby close to her heart, making herself believe that she's here for real. Her husband nodded his head, whilst squeezing her hands. He too was overwhelmed, feeling all kinds of emotion seeing the whole process of his daughter take birth.

The love and respect he had for his wife have increased ten folds after that. How painful it was for him to see his wife cry in labour. Her every tear clenched his heart in helplessness. But it has been worth it is what she said... their daughter was worth every pain. And he couldn't agree more.

"She's so beautiful, Ibrahim. Our Abeera." Mawra kissed her daughter's head in affection with her eyes closed, absorbing the moment. Their little doll stirred in her sleep and began to wail startling her parents a little, she stared at him quizzically not knowing how to stop her doll from crying whilst rocking her against her chest.

"Give her to me," forwarding his hands to her, he took Abeera carefully and cradled her in his arms. She seems to calm down slowly making both of them sigh in relief, "she is already picking favourites."
Mawra whined, yet had that happy smile on her face.

"I don't know about that but newborn babies love to be held." Ibrahim kissed his daughter's eyes lovingly as a tear rolled down his cheek. He couldn't believe that this tiny little human is his daughter. His blood. His Abeera.

"I was holding her too," Mawra chuckled while happy tears continued flowing down her cheeks, she was in awe looking at the sight in front of her. Seeing her once grumpy boss being so in love and holding their baby girl protectively in his arms is making her insides feel mushy. It was such a lovely sight.

"Thank you so much, Mawra... I'm running out of words right now, but I cannot thank you enough for giving me this precious little gift. The pain and struggles you've gone through to give birth to her, the way you've embraced your fears of childbirth and went ahead with this pregnancy... Thank you is not enough, I know. I'll love more you till I take my last breath, biwi."

"I love you more, Ibrahim. I'm sure you'll be an amazing father. Our daughter is going to love you so much." It seemed like her tears were endless that day and Mawra didn't mind it one bit, for they were all happy tears.

"Stop crying." Ibrahim's hands carefully move to wipe them away, as she stared at him lovingly, "I'll be a good mother right?" her eyes were suddenly filled with worry as she gazed at him, while their baby lay safely in his arms.

"You've gone through so much pain just to give her a new life, Mawra. You're already a great mother."

She had this fear during her whole pregnancy, the fear of what if she was met with the same fate as her khalla. No one knew about that except for Ibrahim and he kept assuring her that it wouldn't happen. HE wouldn't let it happen, she'd smile sadly in response hoping for his words to be true.

It wasn't an easy pregnancy for sure, she was happy, yes. But the regret of hating babies and the resentment she had for them for half her life has got her so much worried. It used to be her way of grieving for her aunt; hating on the babies which she felt was responsible for her favourite person's death. Mawra thought she'd hate her own baby too, if she was ever pregnant, hence why she was so against the idea of it. But how very wrong she was.

She was surprisingly so happy yet so scared during the whole nine months. And regret wouldn't leave her mind.
She'd cry in the middle of the nights and say, "what if Allah decides to punish me now and took away my baby? I can't bear that ever, Ibrahim."

Ibrahim has been patient and tolerant throughout, he knew those were her deepest fears and insecurities, "we can't stop anything from happening, Mawra... because that's all in the hands of our Almighty, but what we can do is pray. Pray to ease out your pain. Have trust and faith in Allah. HE knows your heart's intentions and HE knows what is best for us, think positively and keep asking for forgiveness. That sure will make you feel better." That would be his reply.

That surely did help her a lot, and here they are. With a healthy and beautiful baby girl, who's going to be cherished and loved.

"Let's put her on the crib," Kissing her tiny little pink hands, which looked so small in front of his, Ibrahim placed her carefully on the crib beside them and smiled at her angelic face.

He then sat on a stool beside his wife, caressing her cheeks lovingly and took her hands in his, placing soft kisses on her palms. He fell in love with her way deeper than he has before. And he loved that feeling.

Mawra closed her eyes and prayed to her almighty to bring all the happiness and joy in her little girl's life, "I feel so overprotective of her, Ibrahim. And it's only been hours since she came into this world."

"I know right, I can't imagine something happening to her. She has changed my whole world in just a few hours. Now I know why your father has sent Mahira away to study, damn. I can't imagine some useless guys trying their way with my child. She's too precious for this world." Ibrahim groaned making his wife chuckle softly, "come here."

She spreads her arms widely for him, and he moved close to her from his stool, engulfing her slowly yet carefully. Her body was yet to heal, but she found her peace only when he held her in his arms, tightly like this.

"She's just a baby, Ibrahim. Don't think too much, let's take it slow. We have a long way to go for those days to come." Mawra buried her face in his chest, inhaling his sweet smell. He kissed her hairline in response.

Their families have come and gone, and now it was just them enjoying the feeling of becoming new parents. Of having a new little member as their family.

Their new phase of life, which will only make their relationship stronger in the future.

Ibrahim broke the hug, feeling quite uncomfortable in that position. Mawra tugged at him to lay beside her, but he was hesitant, "will it hurt?" He asked, making her lips curve upwards, "I can manage, I want to hold you close though." She replied.

"I was so scared, Ibrahim," Mawra muttered as she lay her head on his chest, while he cuddled her close to him making sure she was not hurting in any way.

"I know, biwi. I know. But you're both here now, safe and sound. Alhamdulillah." He kissed her head, feeling quite bittersweet, "I sometimes wonder, what if you weren't my assistant?"

She raised her head in confusion, as he voiced out his weird thoughts, "why?"

He shook his head with a smile, "I said yes to marry you because you were my assistant, otherwise, I'd have never agreed. No way. I was preparing myself to say no to the proposal that day, but just because it was you I said yes..."

"I was so much in love with my work back then and if I had you as my wife, I was sure that I can manage with my works just fine. You being my assistant would know what hard work it is to be in my place and I only saw it from that perspective. But then you managed you change my whole damn world, Mawra."

"I was going to say no too, you know. I was so freaking scared of you and your anger, but then that day when Ameen got into a bike accident. I saw something more than just an angry boss. I saw the care and love you had for your family. And I said yes with the hope that I'd get at least a small amount of that love or care..." Mawra chuckled as she stared into his grey eyes deeply.

"Did you ever regret saying yes? Because I didn't. I never knew I could love someone other than my family or my work. But you and our daughter proved me wrong you know. And I'm glad to be proven wrong. My opinions and priorities changed. I love you both so damn much that you can't imagine, Mawra. I'm so glad that you were my assistant and my mother somehow found you." He kissed her lips deeply, pouring out all his emotions and she kissed him back with the same force.

"Even if she didn't, we'd have somehow ended up together because you were written in my fate, Ibrahim. We can't stop something which is meant to happen. And I never regretted saying yes to this marriage, that was the best ever decision I have ever made, you love me like no one else could. Thank you for being so patient with me and tolerating all my nonsense. You're the best husband. And I'm so glad you're mine." She cupped his face lovingly and placed a soft kiss on his nose, making him smile like a madman.

Ibrahim liked being showered with her love. He yearns for it all the time.

"Only yours sweetheart, only yours." He held her more close to him, vowing himself to protect her and his daughter from all the evil of this cruel world.

"You were meant to be mine, and I was yours." She couldn't agree more.

If it was meant to happen, it will happen. And Mawra thanked her lucky stars that, Ibrahim Qureshi was meant to be with her for eternity.

❥❥❥

Who's crying?
Yes, that's me.

My babies have a baby, you all. I'm so freaking happy. I love this couple so damn much.

❥❥❥

PS; Ameen's story is now complete, check it out in my profile. It's called "Wooing Her"

❥❥❥

Thank you so much for all your love throughout this book. See you all in a brand new story ( ies) Insha Allah.

Love, Shabana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 5.1K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...
4.5M 219K 56
Shourya Singhania - The 26-year-old heir of a multi-million dollar company, a protective gentleman who looks after his family. He's harsh, straightfo...
22.6K 1K 40
"Loving him was red. The lover in me is dead." As soon as I signed those "nikaah" papers my heart shattered into millions of pieces. I was beyond hap...
55.9K 1.7K 12
'Kia kregy aap' (What will you do?) 'Wahi jo har shohar apni biwi k sath krta hai' (What every husband does to his wife) Musa Abaan Shah had a si...