It's a Big Galaxy (Earth x St...

By CubixRuzeT_S_436

A what if Earth is in our favourite galaxy a far far away. Takes place during the Clone Wars. This is my firs... More

Prologue
Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Update
Chapter 10
Update!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Quick Update

Chapter 2

5.4K 106 14
By CubixRuzeT_S_436

A sole venator hung lazily in hyperspace on route to the edge of UPA space. Torrent company had been sent on a mission by both the Chancellor and Jedi to occupy the planet of Pandora temporarily. Its serene environment and lack of droids was a welcome change to the battle-hardened soldiers with a regular joke being passed of training being harder than the mission. Everyone was spirited. Almost everyone. A lone mandalorian stood in the command centre, her hands propping up her head.

Charl felt sick. She stood on the venator's deck, her inside squirming. 'It was just another quick campaign' she mentally scoffed. How many times had she been told that. Many believed the mission was of little importance, but not to her. This mission broke every rule her family had installed into her thus the sicking feeling. But she could not easily give up on her friends. When she had joined the 501st back on Christophsis as an advisor she had seen the good the unit was doing and willingly followed them to Ryloth and Teth in defence of others. But now they weren't defending. Now they were hurting.

The sliding doors of the command centre opened to reveal the white and blue armour of Captain Rex. He marched in flicking carefully through his data pad in preparation for the coming briefing. His eyes found Charl leaning over the map her eyes focused forward.

Charl had been silent for much of the journey, something that she had never once done before. Sitting alone on the bridge looking at the holomap for 'potential dangers' she explained. Rex was not convinced but gave her space nonetheless. She had been a faithful and loyal member of the 501st since Christophsis, to many a sister. Her crackling enthusiasm and energy were comparable to Ahsoka's, whilst her leadership was on par to Skywalker. Her fighting prowess was that of a mandalorian. The same prowess the clones had been raised under and greatly respected. What had impressed Rex, however, was her selfless nature. During Ryloth he had seen her protect everyone from harm, twi'lek, clone and even skakoan if his brothers were being a bit too rough. This protective nature was what had Rex worried.

Anakin walked in with a slight skip in his step his voice traveling around the room in a joyful manner "Let's begin shall we.". Following him was Ahsoka and Kenobi. Skywalker pressed a few buttons in quick succession summoning a map of Pandora's capitol. "Torrent company will move in from these three access points," he started, indicating to a similar number of arrows appearing around the walls of the capital. "Ahsoka and Rex, Charl and I, and Kenobi by himself." He quickly listed receiving nods from those around him. "Charl and I will secure the capital building whilst you three spread out securing other targets. From there it should be a simple case of forcing the UPA to agree to our terms." Anakin ended with slight enthusiasm.

After the meeting eyes drifted over to Charl in anticipation for some sort of witty comment or challenge. But it didn't come instead a deafening silence fell upon the room as Charl watched the flickering blue hologram. "No smart comment?" Ahsoka checked unsure of her friends lack of enthusiasm.

"Nope." Came the curt and muttered reply all emotion void of the warrior.

In an attempt to change the topic Rex, spoke up. "Resistance?"

"From our intelligence none." Kenobi answered uneasily.

"Well, let's go and get ready then." Anakin continued. Without a second thought Charl tried to leave the room but was stopped by Ahsoka's hand.

"Charl are you alright?" Worry lacing her words.

"No." Charl's eyes were locked forward not betraying anything.

"If it is about the operation, then there is nothing you need to fear. We will be in and out before they know we were there." Kenobi tried to console, "It will be fine..."

"Will it though." Charl snapped back her face remaining forward. "These people voted to remain neutral yet here we are attacking them because the senate and Jedi order didn't like their choices." As she turned to face them she could see their shocked expressions at her outburst. Her voice rapidly quieted as she realised her mistake. "I thought as Jedi you were meant to defend peace, not attack it." With that she left.

Kenobi watched the departing form with slight regret. He had been to Pandora once before with Qui Gon and saw first-hand the good natured will of the people. The planet was the highlight of the system as it's wide variety of environments was rarely seen elsewhere. This created conflict within the master. He followed by the council's orders. A council that had little experience and respect for these people. But he also stood by his ideals as a Jedi being the only one to actively vote against the invasion. By order of the council his previous visit meant he was to accompany the mission. A task he was required to fulfil without emotion per the Jedi way.

Anakin looked on with feelings of regret, confusion, and frustration. He had known of Charl's ideals of protection of the innocence and understood how difficult the mission was going to be for her. To help her avoid the mission he had tried to send her of on another but she had asked to come along anyway. When she had asked she seemed determined and he knew better than to oppose her requests. Still he could not understand why she had just been this hostile about the mission, in his eyes it was the sacrifice of one world for the benefit of the galaxy. Surly she could understand that. He looked again over the different parts of the mission. His mission. The Chancellor had personally asked him to ensure that the planets governor agreed to the Republic's demands. It was also why he had put Kenobi and Ahsoka on securing the outer city as what he was planning to do wasn't going to be viewed as pleasantly by the others. But the Chancellor wanted results and he was happy to oblige if it meant turning the war in the republic's favour.

Ahsoka looked on unsure of herself. Charl was her best friend. Their bond forming as they worked together in all that they did. What Ahsoka had always liked about Charl was her stories and the fictional world they occurred in. Earth. Every moment, good or bad, the pair had Charl would tell her stories usually similar to their current situation. Whilst Obi Wan would frown at such 'fiction' and Anakin would describe it as childish Ahsoka enjoyed them. They allowed a small semblance of escape from the war. Sometimes Charl would tell her a story at what Ahsoka thought an inappropriate time but the lessons embedded always shone through and provided critical guidance. She quickly tried to think up a story that could help the situation but none came to mind. Before she could run after her friend Anakin held her shoulder firmly a face telling her to give Charl space.

Charl stomped down the corridors ignoring the smiles of the passing clones. The door opened to her and Ahsoka's quarters allowing her to yield a small amount of personal peace. She slowly ruffled through her private belongings. Items which were yet to be seen by the others. It wasn't that she did not want them to see her past but she did not trust them with it. Before long, her fingers caught a hold of what she wanted.

It was a small tattered book. A phoenix sat imbedded in to the black cover, with its crimson and orange wings spread over swirls of blue. The image was forever a reminder to Charl of her tradition and ideals. To the wider galaxy it would look like nothing more than a small collection of art but three thousand years ago it was worn by warriors of honour. Each page was a memory, the images and words etched in both paper and mind. It was her most treasured material.

As her fingers traced the emblem she recounted the words of her father. 'Protect those who cannot defend themselves, even if you cannot fight on, then always stand in the way of those who wish to cause harm to innocence.'

'Why' She recalled her words. Her father's answer had been full of sorrow and wisdom.

'Because at our family's darkest hour we were protected, protected from those who we once called brothers. Our people will forever repay that debt by protecting others.'

Her father's words were the same words that had compelled her to join the 501st. A choice she had never once regretted. She flicked to the page she wanted, a recent photo of their exploits on Ryloth sat loosely taped onto the page. In it sat Charl a young twi'lek child in her arms. Surrounding her stood Kenobi his hand on his beard as usual; Anakin sitting on his yellow starfighter his hand on his trusty droid; Ahsoka on her own fighter, Rex's helmet in her hands and a joyous smile on her lips; and Rex proudly standing at attention to the side. She needed this photo as a reminder of the fun memories she had with them. She may have only known them for a little under six months but she cared deeply for them. Too deeply for what was to come. She hated herself for the outburst but it had to be done, 'perhaps if I make them feel guilty enough' she pondered but quickly dismissed herself. They were going to be going through with this attack with or without her.

'Why? Why, was the senate allowing such an action? Why were the Jedi not stopping this action?' As these thoughts whirled inside of her she could not help collapsing on her bed with an angry sigh. She knew the answers to the questions but it still didn't make sense to her. Wealth, ignorance and overconfidence were her main thoughts on why the senate would agree to the attack but the question remained on who would benefit from the Power of such a move? Chancellor Palpatine. She always reminded herself, he was after all the leader of the Republic. Something always felt wrong to Charl about him. She dared not say anything about her views on the man in front of the others. Her opinion was not a favourable one.

Sighing again she pulled herself up to the soundof the venator's tannoy warning the crew to prepare for exiting hyperspace.Quickly stowing her belongings, she made her way to the awaiting gunships inpreparation for the mission. Before she left her room Charl took a deep breathand cleared her head of every running thought instead focusing on her mission.Protect the people at all costs.

Next chapter out. This chapter is more of character exploration than of the main story. Next episode is going to be fun and will get things on their way. Again, Thank You for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 168 4
Born to house L/n a disguarded Mandalorian family who all possessed force sensitivity Y/n was taken into the jedi order not long after his entire cla...
370 0 18
War, it doesn't seem to end. But the life of Anakin Skywalker leads him to a padawan named Ahoska Tano. Her grandmaster, Obi-wan Kenobi, a man she lo...
63.6K 735 45
A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood friend Ahsoka Tano. They became reacquaint...
18.3K 258 27
It is halfway through the clone wars when the Jedi Council sends Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano on a routine mission to a outer rim pl...