Blind Instincts

By _Serza

*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaz... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Authors Note

Chapter Ten

57.7K 1.4K 134
By _Serza

~•~

       I wear clothes that Alina picked out from the store. I put on baggy, wide-legged pants and a t-shirt I only hope matches. I like the feeling of my attire, it makes me feel elevated and confident. The clothes feel good against my freshly washed skin, and I decide I want to do something new today.

I was hoping Alina would visit me while I'm eating, but when there is a knock on the door, I can tell it's not her. It's the same woman that's has been bringing me food for the previous few days. She's nice, but I miss Alina. I'm not sure what she has been doing but I'm told she'll be back soon.

I've been sitting in my room, passing time. I've had many hours to think over everything that's happened since I arrived here, but still, I have yet to come to any conclusions. One thing I know for sure is the mate bond between Alpha Alaric and me is getting more intense the longer I am around him.

I decide it's time to get up and explore how capable I actually am. I stand, calculating the 10 steps it takes to get to the door, then another 45-50 to get to the stairs. There are 28 stairs, which, with the help of the railing, I safely make my way down.

It's before lunch and I want to get my own food today, something Alina and I did sometimes. We'd walk to the estates dining area, where there are multiple tables set array in a large room. I sniff around, catching the scent of something definitely worth eating. I follow it through an extravagant hall. I can feel how big it is, due to the slightly dense sound of my footprints. they echo through the empty hall, with all the people in the estate and no one is around. My arms extend to either side of my body, being sure I don't bump into anything. I make a slight turn, feeling a large doorframe hallow the wall.

The smell is stronger, letting me know I've almost arrived. I focus on the food, not even realizing I'm almost sprinting towards the source. I stop at another door and I can tell this is my destination. I remember the feel of the expensive walls when Alina and I were here last time.

I push the door open, stepping within the bounds of the room. I can tell there are others in the room, as I hear hushed chatter. Still, I focus on the scent of the food, slowly walking around inconspicuously.

"Hello, I don't recognize you. Would you like some breakfast?" The voice takes me by surprise, a female cook appears next to me. I accept, saying "yes, please." She tells me to sit, and I do after a minute of searching closely for a table and chair. I take this time to go over how to get back to the room, memorizing the patterns of my steps, to always know how to make my way here and back.

I feel someone take the seat next to me, delicately placing themselves in the chair. For the second time, I'm questioned about my presence in the Sanguis pack.

"I've never seen you around before, are you visiting?" The professionalism in her voice intimidates me, my natural instinct to agree with her, a small "yes" Is all I can muster, her aroma never dulling. She smells of sweet citrus, a freshly peeled orange. I have to admit, her scent is quite soothing.

"I can tell. You don't look like you're from this territory, it's refreshing." she says, again in a friendly tone. My previous confidence is almost all gone, now being faced with a real situation. I never anticipated this kind of conversation. When I don't say anything else, she continues. "My name is Genevora, what's yours, child?" She says in a motherly tone, but she seems nothing older than 25.

"My name is Monet." My hushed voice piques her interest, asking for the reason I am so nervous. "I may soon be your Luna, but you don't have to be scared of me," My cheeks burn, her words make me dizzy. She seems as if she has no emotion in her voice, only formality and professionalism. Luna? This is the woman who is going to bear my apparent mates mark. I immediately feel uneasy, mixed emotions fleeting their way up and up.

"Luna?" Her words make my head dizzy, a spike in emotions I don't recognize spring up through my body. One after the other, words come stringing through my mind sentences of anger and spite that aren't my own. They project themselves through my mind, and before I have a chance to act on the irrationality of them, I get up and sprint in the direction I came from. I used my hammering stomps as a way to tell where I am, though my concentration breaks and I fall on impact, hitting something hard. Without thought, I throw myself up and keep running, arms outstretched. It's a miracle I break way without colliding into anything else, instincts kicking in, leading me somewhere other than there.

I feel a second consciousness take hold of my mind as I try and keep myself forward, and for now, it works.

All I hear is the thudding of my untrained feet against the smoothe crystalline floor and the heaves of my own breath. Erratically pushing oxygen in and out, I continue my path, pushing through, jumping, feeling my bare feet in a pool of grass. I don't stop until a booming sound erupts from behind me. An enormous, loathing growl that can only possibly come from someone as powerful as an alpha.

This time, instead of stopping out of fear, I stop in a rage. I am no longer in control, none of my senses working due to my out-of-body state of mind. My body turns slowly in the direction of the alpha, my eyes squeezed shut, though I'm sure my body knows where it's going.

Without hesitation, my body growls back, sending a debilitating fear straight to my core. Suddenly I'm scared as to what I'll do next and try and fight my way back up, using all the strength I have.

My power is useless, the being controlling my body is fully aware of my presence and knows how to suppress it.

I stop fighting and let my body win, falling back down to the darkness of my inner mind. I plead with myself to stop, knowing I'm being heard the same way I hear them. Whatever else is controlling my body is unrelenting and very, very angry.

Another testing growl seeps from my raging mind, and I can't help but feel the second presence' emotions. Desperation makes its way into me, fury, disgust, jealousy, need, desire. I feel all of these things, drawing me toward the silhouette of a being in front of me. He is the source of all of my emotions, he is the one that forces out my second consciousness.

More warning snarls are shocked through the air, no question whether they hold true or not. They do, and if I don't obey soon, there will be a damnation that flings me further than hell. He advances closer, never stopping his aggressive growls once. Each step he takes closer pushes me further into a corner where I have two options; run away, or challenge the alpha.

Not having enough time to decide, he reaches us, seizing our exposed arm, which forces an immeasurably deafening bark, possibly louder than his initial threat.

All at once, I hear the gasps of bystandards, as my body continues its thunderous shouts. My body sears in pain, excruciating from every joint, muscle, nerve, vein. Stretching and breaking and twisting, all while my growl turns into a bite, as my body lunges into the air and aims for the alpha in front of me.

Colours flash before me, buckles of dark and light mixing together to create hues of actual colour, my vision in and out of focus, blacks and greys gnarled the sky, creating a perfect storm of clouds mixed with blue.

I morphed into a whole different being, one that isn't myself. This isn't my body, it is my wolves. And my wolf has every sense, including sight.

In an instant, the blur of a man beneath me turns into a ginormous wolf. It cavorts into the air, latching onto my body's neck, not only biting, but vigorously ripping away at it. It lunges at my side, wrestling me to the bottom, rendering me incapacitated.

A growl of dominance seethes from his clenched canine jaw, making it known that he has won.

My eyes focus and all I see through the blood and floating fur in the sky, is a beast the size of the sun, a dusty timber hue I couldn't have ever imagined in my dreams. It stands over me, teeth the size of daggers showing in a scowl. Their eyes ablaze, they meet my own, a desolate soul lying beneath.
.
.
.
.
.
Word Count: 1532

Hi! If you guys like my work and are interested in more by me, check out Spaewife, a new work that is currently being uploaded. Description is below. :)

"Kivan. . ." I whisper, my body reacting to him wholly. His eyes glisten when I say his name, something I like. I hold power with my voice, I can get him to twist with just the sound of his name.

"I know you want something from me." His voice is low, hushed. His eyes are glazed over with pure instictual excitement.

"I don't want you, Kivan." I lie. My body yearns for attention. If he knew what I wanted, he'd be savage. I'd make him make me scream.

I'm going to make him want me more than he has ever desired anything. Alpha Kivan is going to lust for me for so long and so bad, one day he will crack and take what he wants from me. That day, only that day, is when I'll scream his name across the Kildare pack territory.

Delpha is a spaewife, a fortuneteller. She is the Oracle of the Kildare pack. She has many secrets, but the biggest lies within Alpha Kivan, inherited leader of the pack.

One day, Delpha accidentally uncovers life changing information, which involve a deep connection between herself, and the person she despises the most.

Alpha Kivan is greedy and self-centred, a man who takes what he can. He strives for power and nothing less. The biggest thing in his mind right now; a war he pledged over the eastern land.

Alpha Kivan is left unaware and ignorant about the Spaewife in his pack. He is only interested in using her abilities for leverage in his war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.9K 48
When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went through some tough sh*t and then like a phoe...
209K 6K 28
Alec's hand gripped my wrist hard, "You're coming with me back to my pack." He stated. "No, I'm not." I pushed myself to say this. His nails were now...
1.9K 93 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...
217K 10K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...