𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 | 𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐯�...

By Gentle8Kisses

[Book One] "My mother named me Enola. Which backward spells alone And yet I never was" definition: isolated o... More

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭
𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐬
𝐄𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞
𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐧
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫
𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬
𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐭
𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
General question...

𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

14.5K 425 22
By Gentle8Kisses

The party had escalated a few hours later, but nobody seemed to be having a good time. Or at least, nobody that Enola knew. Musa had gone to look for Aisha while Terra went off to meet new people. Since Enola was not interested in either of those things, she was left to lean against one of the Great Hall columns with the rest of the loners.

Taking a small sip of her water, Enola watched as a very attractive specialist walked up to one of her classmates. He was one of those guys that definitely had the looks but obviously didn't have the personality to match based on the way he held himself. Her eyes narrowed as his intentions began to reveal themselves to her in the form of an image of the first year embarrassing himself in front of the entire crowd.

Enola rolled her eyes just as Terra walked up to the two boys, "What are you bulling the first years? Be more basic," the short-haired girl scoffed, as she glared at the boy who was apparently named Riven.

Due to the nature of Terra's thoughts, it was very easy to see that he was apparently a bully to everyone. Riven didn't seem phased by her accusation, as he lopped an arm around the boy, "Wha-You can't bully the willing, right?"

It was obvious that the older student was drunk as he stumbled a bit, placing the majority of his weight on the first year. Enola knew that he was still sober enough to be able to control his thoughts for the most part and had no reason to be causing a scene. 

"I don't know what that means," The boy nervously said, backing away from Riven. He was obviously nervous as he tried to sound braver than he was. He cowered into himself like a scared puppy as he unsuccessfully tried to escape the situation. 

"Just ignore him," Terra scoffed, causing Riven to walk up to her. Enola could immediately read his thoughts and went into action before he could say anything to her suitemate.

"Yeah, she's right," Enola spoke, walking up to stand next to Terra, "He thinks he is a badass, but he is really just trying to hide the fact he is a little nerd who still sleeps with his action figures."

Enola watched as Riven's expression went from calm to furious in seconds as he quickly began attacking her thoughts with cruel language. He was most definitely a skilled specialist by the way he was able to catch onto her abilities quickly, showing minor skills in focusing his thoughts. Turning away from Terra, he looked over at the mind fairy in distaste, "Trying to defend your friend? Must be hard to be the big girl, huh, Terra," the tanned boy chuckled.

Both Enola and the first year moved to defend Terra, but she stopped them both before they could even begin. The young fairy knew how tormenting it could be to constantly worry about body image, and having someone point out one's insecurities was a total blow. Terra didn't show how his words affected her.

"No, no, I've got this," Terra held up her finger as she approached Riven with a murderous expression on her face, "People always think they can treat the big girl like shit because we are sweet and we are harmless, and you should be happy you are even talking to us, but sometimes we have had a really really," she scoffs, "bad day and some scrawny little asshole says the wrong thing at the wrong time."

Terra was practically shaking in anger, and Enola looked at the boy behind her worriedly as she wasn't sure what the earth fairy was planning on doing to Riven. The only thing the green-eyed fairy knew was that she would not be able to stop her once she did it.

And suddenly we are not happy anymore," Terra laughs as her eyes begin to change bright green, "And we're not happy that you're talking to us and were not sweet and most of all," the fairy practically growled as she lifted her hand in the air, causing Riven to try and back away, "We are not harmless."

Enola's eyes widened, and her hands flew to her mouth as weeds wrapped themselves around Riven's neck, instantly tightening their hold on him. The vines seemed to appear from out of nowhere as they continued to choke the specialist's neck to the point where he was gasping for air.

Enola could barely move as she watched Riven scratch at his neck as he gasped for air, looking to Terra helplessly as he begged her to stop. The mind fairy could hear his thoughts as he instantly regretted being so mean to the girl, although it was for selfish reasons. Terra's weren't as kind as her thoughts fell prey to the darkest and most cruel of all human desires as she watched the rope tighten.

A small group of people began to congregate around the three teenagers, all muttering amongst themselves about what was going on. Enola could hear their thoughts targetting Terra as they painted her out to be some emotional girl who couldn't control her emotions. Others wondered if Riven had attacked the girl or made her uncomfortable. 

"Sorry, what," Terra lightly asked, raising her hand to her ear as she pretended to listen for Riven, "I'm sorry I can't hear you."

All the different voices in Enola's head were becoming too much as she watched Terra continue to tighten her rip on RIven's neck, "I'm sure it is really funny, Riven. But I just can't hear you."

Enola tried to stifle her laughter as Terra simply tightened the vines. It was almost funny to see him squirm and claw at his neck for air, all the while refusing to tap out. The macabre scene seemed fair as Riven had apparently been known as a bully by the entire school. 

Enola heard one student mention getting a teacher, causing her to sober up and place a hand on Terra's shoulder, "Let him go. He isn't worth it."

Terra glowered at Riven before bringing the vines back, causing her eyes to return back to their murky blue. The specialist dropped to the floor in a thud, rushing to collect himself as he straightened out his clothes. Enola could tell that the earth fairy was feeling a lot better, which made her happy. Despite his pain, Riven deserved it.

"You could have killed me," Riven spat, jabbing his finger in Terra's face, "Bloody freak."

"Missed you too," Terra smiled before walking around him to look at the new kid. She smiled, her entire demeanor changing back to her usual bubbly self. Enola smiled over to the fairy who was truly a good person at heart. 

"Sorry, I'm Terra. Wasn't my ideal first impression," she smiled before nodding her head over to Enola, "This is my friend Enola."

Enola smiled as she walked up to the two teens, so they were all in better earshot of one and the other. A strange feeling washed over her as Terra called her a 'friend.' The fairy had honestly never really made a friend before. It always felt like her and Musa and nobody else. It was a comfortable feeling.

The boy nodded his head at the two with a nervous smile, "Nice to meet you. And your first impression isn't any worse than throwing up after our first drink."

Enola and Terra both laughed at each other before they both realized what he meant, "Oh my goodness." Terra quickly pulled him over to the restroom. Enola couldn't help but think of what a mess of a first-party this was as they rushed their new friend, Dane, over to the lavatory.

☹ ☻

SOS. Meet near the barrier.

Those were the only words Enola's sister sent her via text message after she and Terra had helped Dane back to his room. The poor boy was obviously not feeling well, but they were both glad to have made a decent friend. Of course, the bubbly atmosphere did not last long, however, as the girls rushed over to the barrier to meet Musa.

Enola knew Musa better than anyone. Never had her sister used SOS except for one time a few months ago, and if the situations were similar, then Enola knew they had to rush if they were going to manage to make it in time. She wouldn't allow herself to repeat past mistakes.

The mind fairly burst rushed to the barrier, running across the courtyard along with Terra, paying little mind to the mud that was collecting in her heels. She could see three figures waiting for the two.

"What's wrong," Enola huffed once she made it close enough to the girls to see that it was Musa, Stella, and Aisha. The small girl hunched over as she attempted to gain her breath. The run from the specialist hall to the end of the barrier was way too long and left the girl feeling winded, as she felt the blood rush to her head.

Terra wasn't as worn out as the other fairy as she noticed that one of their dormmates was missing, "Where's Bloom?'

Aisha seemed extremely upset, and so was Musa, who kept fiddling with her fingers as she looked into the woods, "Stella gave Bloom her ring so she could visit her parents."

"Why," Terra gasped.

"She what," Enola scoffed, summoning enough energy to collect the entire story from the girls. She knew from Musa that Stella was apparently jealous of Bloom and from Aisha that Stella claimed Bloom went to visit her parents. It still did not excuse her actions.

"Now Dowling is looking for her in the woods," Aisha added, folding her arms across her chest as she worriedly looked over to the forest. 

Enola knew the woods were extremely dangerous during nighttime and still couldn't believe that Stella could be so reckless. Bloom could be attacked or kidnapped, and then the princess would be in grave trouble from not just the school but the entire kingdom. Everyone knew that she was next to the throne, and this could seriously hurt her.

Looking into the woods, she noticed how many of the magical life that could normally be seen was now gone, leaving the woods nothing but tangled branches and the deafening silence that often causes more fear than it should. Somewhere out there, however, there was also Bloom. And despite Mrs. Dowling going in there to save her, she may still need help.

"Come on, guys," Enola sighed, walking through the barrier, causing a blue shimmer to reverberate across the entire dome before she was outside of it, "Bloom needs us."

"Are you crazy," Aisha scoffed, watching as Enola began to walk further into the woods, with Terra and Musa following her. The water fairy was very grounded and probably knew better than any of them, but it still didn't stop Enola from thinking about how scared Bloom might be.

"Bloom's our friend," Enola shouted over her shoulder as she pulled out her phone to use as a flashlight, "Plus, I don't think you wanna stand near the barrier. Ya know? All by yourself."

☹ ☻

The girls had finally found the location that Stella had described to Musa and Aisha in the dorm. Terra's knowledge of the entire campus was truly a lifesaver, as everyone was sure they would not have been able to find the portal as fast. Unfortunately with her knowledge cam stories of all her adventures throughout the entire trek.

"You know," Terra bubbled as she pointed over to a small watering hole that stood by itself between two twisted tree trunks, "My father taught me how to swim there when I was just a little thing. Of course, you'd have to watch for leeches if you went now," she warned looking back at the girls as they pointed their flashlights around the area, hoping to find Bloom and Dowling.

"Sounds," Enola began trying to come up with a kind response for what had to be Terra's fifth childhood memory that was brought up. None of the girls wanted to offend her by saying they didn't care but it was becoming hard.

"Gross," Aisha deadpanned as she shined her light up ahead, as they noticed a noise coming from the darkened area up ahead.

Just as they approached the mine shaft, the door swung open, a bright orange glow lighting up the entire area as Bloom practically fell before their feet. The girls slightly jumped back at the snarling noise emitting from the portal, except for Enola, who had fallen into a ball.

The mind fairy had never faced a burned one in her life and had considered herself lucky, as she was not aware that they also had thoughts. Enola's eyes glowed bright pink as her entire body was taken over by the burning sensation of the burned one's thoughts as they clawed into her mind.

Images. Sounds. Pain. Everything forced itself on Enola all at once, causing her to collapse under the pressure, screaming at the pain of the creature's poisonous thoughts.

Enola had never felt someone's thoughts be so all-encompassing before. It was as if an entire person was trapped inside the burned one trying to break free as it watched all the horrific atrocities it committed from the sidelines.

Tears streamed down Enola's face by the time the portal closed, and all the girls watched the girl in awe. None of them had any idea what had happened to her in the few seconds, although for Enola, it felt like hours.

Musa had dropped to her sister's side, feeling the pain she was going through, as she clutched onto her hand in worry, "Enola, are you okay? Enola!"

The portal closing itself seemed to stop the connection between her and the burned one allowing her momentary peace. Trying to put herself back together, Enola wiped her eyes as she sat up from her fetal position on the ground, not caring to wipe the dirt off her dress.

It was as if the last few seconds didn't happen. Enola felt no pain. Although she still could recall what happened, it was like a distant memory. Shaking her head, she looked over at the concerned faces with a smile, "I am fine. Just a bit shook from the burned one is all."

"You looked more than a little shaken," Aisha pointed out, flashing her light down at the girl, who still had mascara stains from her crying. She had never seen someone react like that to a burned one before.

Enola shrugged as she stood up, wiping the dirt off her hands, "I am not the one who nearly got killed by one," she laughed before looking over at Bloom with a concerned expression, "Are you okay?"

Bloom nods, panting in and out, "Yeah. Sure, I think so, are you sur-"

"Yes," Enola brushed off, not interested in revisiting the fresh memory, "I can't believe a burned one attacked you."

Bloom gulped, as she looked at all four girls, "Where's Stella?"

"At school," Terra answered, her voice gentle as if Bloom was an injured animal who could take off at any point, "Why?"

"Because," Bloom nervously spoke, still fearfully looking back at the portal as if it may come and attack her, "That thing took her ring."

All the girls looked at one and another, unsure how to tell Bloom there was probably no chance that she would get her ring back. Burned ones were dangerous and hard to kill as it is. Trying to retrieve a royal heirloom from its grips seemed to be like the most lethal, dumb, and impossible game that Enola had ever heard of. Yet by reading Bloom's thoughts, she knew that she was about to play it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723K 13.8K 37
✩𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎✩ Clove, a first year fairy at Alfea academy. With being a rare fairy and new dangers arising...
254K 5.6K 23
ON HOLD "And yet, she went stiff as stone when she saw his smiling face" - ˏˋ ❄️ ˊˎ - Luella lived in a world of magic and dangers and would now be...
36.1K 824 9
"𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚...
622K 14.3K 37
∾✧。COMPLETE MESS【BOOK ONE】 ۵∾ ❛CALL IT A LESSON WHEN I FEEL YOU SLIDE AWAY AND I'M MISSING OUT ON HALF MY LIFE OH YOU M...