Heaven Official's Modern Bles...

By Taes_gal

800 years of stoical waiting and a thousand years of beautiful togetherness. A love which attracted a million... More

๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š
๐˜ผ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™‰๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
๐™๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ง
๐˜พ๐™ 1: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™‹๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™š๐™›๐™ช๐™ก ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฎ
๐˜พ๐™ 2: ๐˜ผ ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ
๐˜พ๐™ 4: ๐™๐™š๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™˜๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š?
๐˜พ๐™ 5: ๐™‰๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™‡๐™ž๐™›๐™š
๐˜พ๐™ 6: ๐™๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™‚๐™ช๐™ฎ

๐˜พ๐™ 3: ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ซ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จ; ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™˜๐™š๐™™ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ

1.1K 105 25
By Taes_gal

The blue sky that was adorned with the shining bright sun and the crystal white clouds smiled at the earth while the wings that could make the birds dance in the air flapped as they flew around. The small ripples in the water that shone looking at the dazzling sun sang a soft melody as the trees swayed to the smooth rhythm.

The sun rays sneaked into the Qiandeng Temple, trying to cuddle the broad back of the man dressed in vibrant red, slowly tracing through his braided hair, making that red pearl glow, slowly trying to steal a glance at his handsome face.
Hua Cheng sat at the altar table with a brush in his hand that drew careful strokes on the paper that had the Ghost King's gaze fixed on it.

Was Hua Cheng practicing writing so as to improve his handwriting? Well, that's something impossible to happen in Xie Lian's absence. Then wonder what he was doing with the paper and the brush?

As he slightly moved, the curious sun rays that were trying to catch a glimpse of his face slowly fell on the paper that Hua Cheng now held in his hand, with a look of adoration in his eyes and a smile of satisfaction on his face.

With an elegant sword in one hand and a dazzling flower in the other, robes that flew softly to the rhythm of the calm wind, hair that waved in the air, a face that couldn't match any human definition and the pair of eyes which had the power to capture one's soul and melt all the pain in one's heart. The strokes of Hua Cheng's brush once again drew the beautiful image of the Flower Crowned Martial God, Xie Lian.

'How beautiful you are, gege. '
Hua Cheng thought with a smile on his face as he gazed at the painting in front of him.
The sun rays that reflected the elegant colors and beautiful strokes made it look ethereal, just like Xie Lian was.

'For me, you're the sun that's reflected on the blade and made the flower bloom and I'm the moon that's always waiting for you to catch me when I fall and chase away the darkness that bound me in the pitch black hall. '
Hua Cheng closed his eyes to reminisce those beautiful pair of black orbs that smiles bright when his image is reflected in them.

But, little did he know that the sun would soon be covered by thick black clouds, leaving the moon behind in walls of darkness.

"Why hasn't gege returned yet? It's been 3 incense time. Should I go to the Heaven? "
Hua Cheng asked himself as he stood up and walked towards the door.

He peeked at the streets outside but except for the big pig heads and ugly combed hair, he saw nothing else there.

Heaving a long sigh, he walked back in and sat in front of the altar table.
'Let me contact him. Why is he taking this long to return? '
Hua Cheng looked at the red string on his finger which was still shining bright. It somehow made him feel relaxed.

He slowly closed his eyes and said, "Just recite the Ethics Sutra a thousand times. " which was Xie Lian's spiritual array password.

"Gege, where are you? Why haven't you returned yet? Gege? Gege, can you hear me? "
Hearing no answer from the other end made Hua Cheng feel anxious. His heart pounded hard as an ominous feeling started to build around it.
"Gege. Answer me! "
Yet he received no answer.
"Your Highness! Are you alright? "

When there wasn't even a tiny bit of noise from the other end, Hua Cheng's brows furrowed and he jumped up on his feet. He was about to run to the door when he heard soft footsteps outside. The doors of the Qiandeng Temple slowly opened revealing the waving white robes with the bamboo hat on the top that covered the beautiful face beneath it.

"Gege! "
Hua Cheng ran towards Xie Lian and pulled him into a tight hug. He snacked his hands around his waist and buried his face in the crook of Xie Lian's neck.
"Gege, where had you been? What took you soo long? Why didn't you answer me in the communication array? Are you alright? " Hua Cheng asked holding Xie Lian in his embrace.

Xie Lian let out a low chuckle and rested his head on Hua Cheng's shoulder as he softly rubbed his back. "San Lang, I'm totally fine. " He said in a soft soothing tone.

"Are you sure? " Hua Cheng lifted his face and looked into Xie Lian's eyes. "What's wrong, gege? What happened? " He asked as he held Xie Lian's hand and softly caressed it.

"N-Nothing. I'm fine--- "

"You aren't. " Hua Cheng spoke. "Do you think you can lie to me, gege? Just the sound of your breath is enough for me to tell what's going on in your heart and mind. Do you think the sadness in your eyes can escape without me noticing it? "

Xie Lian looked at Hua Cheng with a small smile on his face as his eyes shone because of the unshed tears.

"Who did this? Who made my gege sad? " Hua Cheng roared. "Do they think they can escape from Hua Cheng's clutches? I'll go teach those brats in the heaven a good lesson! " Hua Cheng fumed. He broke the hug and was about the rush out when Xie Lian hugged him tight from the back.

"San Lang, please don't go anywhere. Stay with me. " Xie Lian whispered softly. Hua Cheng's heart clenched when he heard Xie Lian's sad helpless voice. His anger fumed but his first concern was to make sure that his gege was alright so he quickly turned around and pulled Xie Lian into his arms. He then princess carried Xie Lian and walked to the altar table, making Xie Lian sit comfortably on his lap while Xie Lian had his face buried in the crook of Hua Cheng's neck.

They both sat like that for a while without uttering a word, both drowned in their own thoughts. Hua Cheng was busy calculating all possibilities as to why Xie Lian was sad and how to torture the lives of people who made him sad while Xie Lian was thinking of a way to let Hua Cheng know that the time had come for him to face his Heavenly Calamity. The time had come for him to part ways with Hua Cheng and to fight the battle and win if he wants to get back to the love of his life.

"San Lang... " Xie Lian softly spoke.

"Gege " Hua Cheng called.

"Those 800 years... Was it very hard? " As soon as the words fell off Xie Lian's lips Hua Cheng's heart striked upon it's worst fears and his body became stiff. Xie Lian noticed this and softly caressed Hua Cheng's cheek placing a soft peck on it.

"It was hard, very hard. " Hua Cheng spoke in a soft tone, trying hard not to look weak.

"Then, how did you manage to live? " Xie Lian asked trying not to look at Hua Cheng's face as it would make him lose his fight against his tears.

Hua Cheng didn't answer and a deadly silence enveloped them. Xie Lian thought he didn't choose the right method to convey the news and was about to change his question when Hua Cheng's grip on him tightened.

"It's because I knew my god would never let go of my hand. It's because I had promised him that I would forever stay. It's because I believed that he would come to me one day. It's because I wanted to protect him and make sure that no one would hurt him. It's because, I loved him and believed that my love for him would take me to him one day. And here I'm... Holding him tight in my arms and being the person that he loves the most. " A tear escaped Hua Cheng's eyes and he quickly wiped it away.

Xie Lian let out a low chuckle and hugged Hua Cheng tight kissing his tear away.

"Maybe I should've listened to you. I shouldn't have visited the Heaven's today. " Xie Lian sighed.

"But that wouldn't have changed anything. " Hua Cheng spoke in an emotionless tone which made Xie Lian chuckle.

"Then what would have? " Xie Lian asked.

"If you hadn't stopped me from killing those brats back then. " Hua Cheng said which made Xie Lian laugh.

They for sure were trying hard to hide the pain in their hearts so that the other won't be sad and worried. They knew that the smile on their face was fake but they still smiled anyway because they didn't want to showcase their pain and fears.

Their hearts cried, but their lips smiled.

"San Lang, I need to go to the human realm. " Xie Lian said in a low tone.

"What is it about? " Hua Cheng asked.

"I don't know either. It isn't like we would know what kind of calamity we'll be facing. So, I'll have to wait and see. " Xie Lian said.

"I'll come with you. We can stay in the Puqi village. " Hua Cheng said looking into Xie Lian's eyes.

Xie Lian smiled while shaking his head slowly.
"You can't do that, San Lang... As you know, you can't help someone with the calamity. One should face and win their own battles. "

"Let me just stay by your side. I can do that at least right? " Hua Cheng asked.

"You're always in my heart, San Lang. " Xie Lian chuckled.

"Gege, I'm being serious! Let me just stay by your side. Together, we can face the whole world. "
Hua Cheng said.

'We for sure can. Even I do want to stay by your side forever, San Lang. But, please forgive me this time. I don't know for what, but I don't feel right. I've a bad feeling about this and I don't want to involve you. All I wish for is your safety and happiness. No matter how hard the battle is, I'll fight with all my might, I'll fight till my last breath and will come back to you. Please wait for me until then... '

"Why aren't you saying anything, gege? " Hua Cheng asked.

"San Lang, you trust me, don't you? "
Xie Lian asked.

"Is that a question? " Hua Cheng asked in a stern voice.

"I'll come back soon. You'll wait for me right? " Xie Lian stroked Hua Cheng's cheek but Hua Cheng just stayed silent.
"Don't worry, San Lang. I'll come running to you. I won't make you wait for long. I'll finish this soon and will jump into your arms. "

Hua Cheng just let out a low soft chuckle.

"San Lang, I lo---- "
"What is it, Feng Xin? "
Xie Lian placed two fingers on his temple and closed his eyes.

"You're Highness, I think it's time for you to leave. "
Feng Xin spoke.

"I know. I'll leave soon. "
Xie Lian said.

"You're Highness. I know you can win this. The Heavens blessing will always be on you. "

Xie Lian looked at San Lang who was already looking at him. He slowly got off his lap and sat beside him, intertwining their hands.

"San Lang, wait for me. I'll be back soon." Xie Lian said in low voice.

"Gege, worry not. I'm ready to wait for you for another 800 years. " Hua Cheng spoke with a small smile. But only he knew how difficult and painful it was to imagine him losing Xie Lian again.

'No matter what happens, I'll wait for you. No matter how hard it is, I'll never leave you. I'll wait for you for however long it is, gege. But... Even if the same fate repeats, I'll always stay by your side. I don't mind going through all the pain again because I know that I'll get to see you smile by the end of it all. I love you, gege. '

"Shall I come to bid you farewell at the least? " Hua Cheng asked as he stood up.

"Shall we go? " Xie Lian asked with a small smile and Hua Cheng nodded.

They both walked out of the temple with their hands intertwined, a smile on their face, pain and fear hidden in their hearts. It was time for Xie Lian to face his Heavenly Calamity where anything might happen. Hua Cheng had to wait for his beloved for who knows how long. The future was unknown, yet the only known thing was the immeasurable love that they had for each other.

The time to test the power of love had finally come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 1.6K 18
Xiao Zhan was always someone who smiled no matter what situation he was in. He always tried to make the best out of everything. Wang Yibo was a quiet...
141K 10K 48
Xiao Zhan is a cheerful and a happy boy but is afraid to love due to his traumatic childhood.... Will yibo be able to break the walls around zhan's h...
35.4K 1.7K 10
_______________________________ Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo was lover from the very small. They both love each other that much that the...
9.3K 573 13
Xiao zhan is in love with his best friend Wang yibo.. who is six years younger than him, they'd been friends since childhood, Yibo was a clingy baby...