Irresistible

Por beyondtaintedbeliefs

Claire, an abused girl living under her abusive guardian. Aaron, a bad boy who disobeys every rule. But when... Más

Irresistible
Chapter 2-Basketball.--Picture of Claire
chapter 3- Sparks.--Picture of Aaron
Chapter 4- What hurts.--Picture of Peter
Chapter 5- Finding us back.-- Picture of Casey
Chapter 6- Understanding -- Picture of Maylise
Chapter 6.5 -Doubts
Chapter 7-Never seen before
Chapter 8-Keeping a secret--Picture of Hadley
Chapter 9-Uncovered.
Chapter 10- Unexpected--Picture of the dress
Chapter 11- The truth
Chapter 12-Sucks to be me(?)--Picture of a jeep.
Chapter 13-Unveiling the truth.
Chapter 14-Bad omen
Chapter 15- Cruel.
Chapter 16- Back to normal life?
Chapter 17- The date.
Chapter 18- Kicking ass
Chapter 19- Mate.
Chapter 19.5- I never knew
Chapter 21- Unsuppressed anger
Chapter 21.5- Everything is lost.
Chapter 22- Mate bonds.
Chapter 23- Reunion
Chapter 24- SURPRISE.
Chapter 25-I love you
Chapter 26-The end

Chapter 20-Danger

4.3K 67 9
Por beyondtaintedbeliefs

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO THE SWEET FAN I HAVE WHO SPNSORED AUSTIN'S NAME.:D Thanks for commenting yo(;

I swear this chapter is the longest I have lol.

I spent like 20 minutes typing it up. That is like cause I have inspiration. Love me guys.xD

I apologise for any mistakes and please tell me if there are any. I shall edit them if I find any too.^^

For now,MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ENJOY THE STORY.

It is my present to you guys.:3 

A great present for me is by voting and commenting on this chapter. Hehe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadley’s POV

My heart pounded in me as I caught sight of his face. Mine, my mate. Just as our eyes connected, the guy looked taken aback. Then, I realised, he wasn’t part of our pack. Rogue!

“I told you not to prey on young ladies!” The guy snarled at the man he trapped under him.

“She was too pretty!” The man hissed back.

As the guy caught sight of my bleeding arm, his eyes turned black and he was almost at breaking point.

“How dare you hurt her!” He snapped as he drew back his fist and punched the man.

“Dude! What is wrong with you!” The man whined as he cupped his injured cheek.

Fist trembling with anger, the guy hauled the man up.

“I will deal with you later. Now, go back!” He commanded.

The man nodded in compliance and disappeared by running away. I took a step forward. Mate!

“I am sorry he was so disrespectful. Are you okay?” The guy stepped towards me and caressed my cheek, his hand coming away with a smudge of blood.

When our skin came into contact, it erupted into pleasant tingles. I watched as the guy’s posture became stiff and he retreated by taking a step back.

“No, I can’t do this… I… I am sorry,” He muttered fervently as he took off as well.

Surprised by his escape, I took off after him. However, he was too fast and he disappeared in an instant. My wolf howled at his disappearance, at the loss of him. I crumpled to the pavement, sobbing furiously. Did I just get rejected?

Claire’s POV

I was walking down the stairs in the pack house, looking for Hadley. Aaron had reluctantly left me after his father had ordered him to meet him countless of times. I took out my phone and dialled Hadley’s number again. It died off to a voicemail soon after. Where is that woman? I growled in displeasure at the fact that I cannot use the pack link yet as I was not formally introduced to the pack. These were times when pack links come in useful. Just then, Lucas came in through the front door.

“Lucas!” I yelled as he stopped moving, startled by my voice.

“Luna,” He bowed respectfully as he saw me.

“Have you seen Hadley?” I asked frantically.

“No, I have not,”

“Can you try contacting her through the pack link?”

The moment I asked, Lucas’s expression changed to one of extreme concentration.

“Distress signals are blocking her link. I think she is depressed now,” Lucas said anxiously.

Depressed? My happy go lucky friend is depressed?

“Where is she now!” I was frantic.

What has happened? Without another word, Lucas took off in the direction of the town mall. I followed after him. Within minutes, I saw Hadley sitting at the corner of the street, sobbing into her hands. I quickened my speed and reached her in a minute.

“Oh my god! Are you okay?” I growled as I saw the blood coating her hand.

The wound had already healed but the blood was still there.

“Claire!” Hadley cried out as she hugged me to her.

I hugged her back and patted her back comfortingly.

“What happened?” I muttered.

Hadley didn’t reply but I felt her sob even harder. All of a sudden, she drew in a breath and went limp in my hands.

“Hadley? Hadley!” I gasped in fright.

“She has fainted, Luna,” Lucas told me as he lifted Hadley off me and carried her in a bridal embrace.

“Bring her home now,” My eyebrows were creased in worry.

What on earth has happened?

I sat by Hadley’s bedside the whole day as she drifted between consciousness, writhing in her nightmares and crying out. My heart really broke at seeing the situation she was in. At around 10 at night, Aaron joined me in the room and cuddled me in his arms. He could see that I was really upset over Hadley’s plight. I had helped Hadley clean up and changed her clothes for her so that no trace of blood was found. Throughout the night, I stayed vigilant, despite Aaron’s pleas for me to sleep and eat. At the break of dawn, Hadley finally awoke drowsily. Her eyes were puffy and she had a lost look on her face.

“My mate, where is my mate?” She murmured in a broken voice.

Mate? She has found her mate?

“Claire, do you know where he is?” Hadley asked again, fresh tears streaking down her cheeks.

I got out of Aaron’s embrace and sat on her bed beside her, hugging her.

“I don’t but we will find him together, okay?” I murmured protectively.

No guy was hurting my best friend and getting away with it.

“She looks bad,” Aaron commented, his hand wound around my waist.

“Yeah..,” I muttered.

Hadley looked ghastly, as though someone had stabbed her in the heart and left the knife there.

“Do you think that her mate has… rejected her?” He suggested.

“If he did, I will dismember him and stab him,” I replied viciously.

Why would anyone want to hurt Hadley? She is so sweet and innocent.

“Chill down, let’s get you some dinner, okay?” Aaron whispered near my ear, his breath tickling my ear.

Heat pooled in my nether regions and I involuntarily moaned.

“I can think of something better,” I pulled him down for a kiss.

Our lips moved together sensually before he pulled away, groaning.

“You have to eat, you can’t skip your lunch and your dinner,”

I pouted at him, knowing he will give in to me.

“Goddamnit, please eat, okay? After that, I will comply with your every wish,” As he said that, a mischievous twinkle appeared in his eye.

I returned a sly smile and nodded. Pulling on his hand, I practically dragged him to the kitchen.

Unknown’s POV

I felt a painful ache at my heart. Is this heartbreak? It was as though my heart was being torn apart piece by piece and being trodden on. I had Fern beaten up. Fern had commited a grievous error in attacking my mate. The moment I touched on that thought, I growled fiercely. No one hurts my mate!

‘But you did,’ My wolf snarled.

I didn’t mean to… The both of us cannot be together. Oh, how cruel Fate is.

You can’t keep me from my mate! We need them!’ My wolf insisted, trying to break my control.

I snarled and kept him down. Turning around swiftly, I kicked the tree in front of me. Continuing with several jabs and punches, I attacked the tree until it fell. I stared at my bloody hands thoughtlessly. I rather take physical pain than emotional pain at any point in time. My mate, how I miss you so…

Hadley’s POV

I awoke in the night, sobbing again. Startling jabs of pain pierced my heart. Why did my mate reject me? Why? At the thoughts, my wolf whined in sorrow. I covered my face with both hands. Tears were streaking down my cheeks. I had dreamt of him. Of him caressing my face, telling me how beautiful I was. Of him promising he will never leave me. Of him kissing me as a seal of that promise… Swinging a leg from my bed, I walked to the open window. The wind blew gently and touched on my skin.

We need him… But, does he need us?’

Claire’s POV

When I awoke, I had a full mind set on finding Hadley’s mate for her. How dare that coward reject Hadley! I can still remember the unique smell I smelt off Hadley the day I went to find her. Slipping carefully out of Aaron’s hold, I quickly bathed and donned a pair of shorts and a tee. It was comfortable to wear and easy to shift in. I scibbled a note hastily and placed it beside Aaron. Stealing a last look at his face, I slipped out of the house and into the night. I tracked the unique scent all over town. This was not one of our pack member! Sniffing the air, I allowed the scent to lead me out of our safety borders. Rogues? I could hear wolves padding near me and coming close. I quickly stripped and shifted, not wanting a surprise attack. My wolf eyes saw through the dark and I could see at least 5 wolf shapes coming towards me. One of them gave off a unique smell. Is this Hadley’s mate? I bared my teeth and growled. I cannot back down now! The moment the wolves came into my view, I saw that all of them were larger than me. The largest one immediately shifted in front of me and donned a pair of shorts. Blushing, I averted my eyes.

“What are you doing out of the borders? You smell… powerful,” He stated.

I snapped at him, not wanting to shift at all.

“Are you from… her pack?” His voice was startled as he recognised my scent.

My eyes narrowed and I nodded grudgingly.

“Please, you have to tell her, you have to tell her to give up on me,” He lunged forward desperately.

I immediately moved back, shocked by his sudden action.

“All of you, leave,” He ordered.

The rest of the wolves growled at this order and left relunctantly. An alpha among rogues? That is unheard of.

“Please shift,” He pleaded.

I nodded and growled. He caught the hint and turned back. I quickly shifted back and wore my clothes.

“Why did you reject her!” I accused, furious.

“I didn’t have a choice,” He sighed, as he sat down on a trunk.

“What do you mean?” I snapped.

I don’t see how he can come out with a reasonable argument to defend himself.

“Please sit here,” he patted the trunk next to him,” I am Austin and I am the rogue alpha of Black Blood,”

“Black blood?” I asked curiously as I sat down next to him

“It is a rogue pack, not being recognised but it is still there. Black blood was actually a pack that was recognised years ago but because of its rising power, the other packs ganged up and destroyed us, leaving a few of the survivors to flee. I am the son of the alpha of Black Blood. My father was killed right before my eyes as I sat hidden in the attic. My whole family, hell, my whole pack was wiped out before me. Only the few you see before you are the lucky survivors. We have escaped the tragedy and we vowed never to associate ourselves with any other pack. You might think we want revenge. But, we don’t. It is pointless anyway and with the few numbers my pack has, we will be sent to our deaths. The last thing I have ever expected was to meet my mate in a pack. I always hoped my mate will be a rogue but no, she has to be in a pack. What is more is that I cannot accept her. If I do, I am betraying my own pack.” Austin chuckled darkly as he raked a hand through his hair in frustration.

I could see the pain behind his eyes and the devastation at the fact that he has to give his own mate up.

“She needs you, Austin. She pines for you every second and she is in terrible condition now,” I murmured.

 The moment I said that, Austin perked up.

“Is she injured? Is she okay? What is wrong with her?”

“She cries every night and have nightmares to accompany her throughout her sleep. What she needs is you, Austin,” I replied.

Austin groaned and buried his head in his hands.

“I can’t betray my pack, they need me. But, I love her…” His voice was filled with pain and sorrow.

“You do?” I suddenly heard a familiar lilting voice behind me.

Hadley.

Hadley’s POV

“I can’t betray my pack, they need me. But, I love her…” I heard the crushing pain in his voice and the sorrow behind every word.

Each word twinged at my heartstring. I hate that he was in pain. I hate it. Gathering up my courage, I stepped out from the tree I was hiding behind.

“You do?” I asked, my voice resonating clearly over the clearing.

I was surprised it didn’t tremble. My wolf was howling at the sight of him and his face made me remember the rejection I had suffered.

Austin immediately stiffened at the sound of my voice and Claire quickly turned around, shocked to the point of disbelief.

“Hadley?” She asked disbelievingly.

“Luna, I am sorry I tailed you. I…” I started but Claire held a hand up.

“No, it is fine. I guess I wil leave you guys to talk. Look for me later,” Claire gave me an encouraging hug as she walked over to me and disappeared in an instant.

Faery magic.

Austin seemed speechless at the way she disappeared and at the fact that I was in front of him. My heart throbbed at the sight of him. It yearned for his touch, his kiss, his words.

Austin’s POV

“Hadley, I…” My voice was a whisper as I stood up.

I did not dare to approach her but my wolf and my heart were urging me to sweep her into my arms, hug her tightly and never let her go. No, I cannot be so selfish. I cannot do this to her. Just as I started to turn away, her voice stopped me in my tracks. Her voice sounded like an angel, like an angel sent down to earth to save me from the mess I was becoming.

“Austin, don’t leave. Please,”

I couldn’t stop myself. Turning around, I swiftly walked to her and held her in my arms, never wanting to let her go. The moment I did that, she hugged me back tightly, sobbing.

“I love you, Austin. Please don’t leave me. Please,” My angel was begging me, crying so hard as she did so.

What kind of beast was I to ever reject her.

“I love you too but we can never be together. I…” I whispered in agony but was stopped as she tip toed and crushed her lips to mine.

Our lips connected in a burst of fiery passion and moved together as though they were meant for each other. I never felt so right before. My tongue forcefully pushed its way into her mouth as we kissed, never letting her rest. All of a sudden, her legs gave out beneath her and she fell. I quickly caught her as our lips broke apart. She looked at my face in wonder, as though I was the angel instead of her. Her blue eyes were filled with love and it swept away the bitterness in me.

“I love you,” I muttered.

“I love you too,” She whispered, biting her lips.

Mate her now, before it is too late,’ My wolf growled.

‘You want me to betray my pack?’ I hissed.

‘She is my mate and your mate! How is that betraying?’ He snapped.

I was in a dilemna. Hadley caressed my face lightly.

“I get that you cannot accept me, Austin. I just… I am sorry,” Her lip trembled as she stood up, getting away from me.

Oh shit, why did I make her cry? Berating myself on the inside, I watched her leave, her shoulders heaving with the tears that were streaking down her cheeks. I gritted my teeth. What a useless mate I was! I howled at the sky, my voice filled with agony.

Why do fate like to play with me?

Claire’s POV

I watched as Hadley walked away and internally cursed Austin. That guy was an idiot but I could see the pain he was in just by his howl. Just as I was going to chase after Hadley, the shuffling of feet into the clearing piqued my curiosity.

“Alpha,” the four other men I saw just now bowed at Austin.

“What are you all doing here?” He asked huskily.

“Accept her. We are willing to enter a pack,” They intoned.

“You all are…? But..!”Austin tried to argue.

“Alpha, we all lost our mates in the fight. All four of us were mated at that time. We can imagine the anguish of not being by your mate. The only reason we stayed sane was because of you, Alpha. Because you were there for us. If you sacrificed so much for us, won’t it be selfish of us to deny you of your mate? Chase after her… Before it is too late,” One of the men said gently, pushing Austin into the direction of Hadley.

Austin glanced back at them, speechless for a second, before he nodded with determination and dashed off after Hadley. Now, the only problem is to convince Aaron to accept all of them into our pack. I giggled as I imagined the things I have to do to get him to agree.

Austin’s POV

I raced through the forest, following her trail. She can’t have gone far! My wolf pushed me faster as I increased my speed. Then, I sighted her sitting on a cliff, sobbing in earnest. My heart broke at the sight and I slowed down.

“Claire, I am sorry… But, I will rather die than face the loss of him,” I heard Hadley sniffle as she shifted.

Was she going to commit suicide?! No!Rushing forward, I caught her around the waist and hugged her to me tightly.

“I love you, Hadley. Please, come back to me,” I murmured into her ear as my heart pounded furiously.

She has the right to reject me after what I did.

“Austin?” Her voice was filled with disbelief and sorrow.

I internally ripped myself a new skin for even making her tear.

“Yes, Hadley. Please don’t leave me. Please give me one more chance. I love you. I really really love you,” I confessed.

I probably sounded like a corny idiot but I didn’t care. All I needed was her.

“Ohmygosh,” I heard Hadley cry as she turned herself in my grip and hugged me to her tightly.

“I…” Before I could speak, a loud howl in the air alerted me to danger.

My pack was in danger!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After thinking about Dean and Austin, I chose Austin lols.

That is actually cause I am lazy to change it.>< Ps.:p You all can think that it is Dean if you wanna.

I had a joke w my bestie about his last name.xD

Anyway,sorry bestie, lazy to change it.:3 hehe.

Please vote and comment guys!

-What do you think was the danger Austin's pack was in? Do you think Aaron will accept Black Blood's members? Do you think Claire will be able to convince him? What methods will she use?

Read on to find out!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

62.9K 748 26
Your 16 you get bullied by Alex,Diego,Giovanni,looney,and Carlos. When you came back to school from summer everything changed...
329 96 9
I oči zasijaše I kandže ogrebaše I očnjaci ujedaše i meso pokidaše
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
475K 18.4K 29
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...