And Then She Was Gone

By CerrahQuack

A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control w... More

The Departure
Goodbye Alex
Heading West
Small Town Vibes
Coffee For Two
So Awkward
So What's The Game Plan?
Forward Down The Path!
Adapt and Overcome
Into The Wolves Den
Old Friends
Your Color Lacks Conviction
Tell Me More...
One Condition
On Our Terms
Happily Ever After
Sharing Spaces
The Guest Of Honor
Did He...?
Check Mate
A Challenge
Alpha Mathias
A Tense Exchange
Let Me Explain
Ground Rules
Candelit Dinner
Night Night
An Exercise
Cleanse Yourself
Hush
Time For A Lesson
The Mess Hall
A Change of Pace
Submit
A Fresh Start
Barbie Girl
Missing Pieces
Ying and Yang
A Compromise
The Beast
A Storms Coming
An Irregularity
Gentle Hands
Can We Go Already?
Home Sweet Home
More Chocolate Please
You're Beautiful
What Happened?
So Now You Need Me?
Baby Steps
Carried Off To Sea
Testing The Formula
What's the problem?
You Wont
Wounded Pride
A New Assignment
You Called Her?
A Fresh Start
Building The Foundation
Some Time Apart
Ill Be Waiting
A Long Day
Don't Make Me Change My Mind
Patience
It Takes Two To Tango
Gal Pals
Mathias: The Beginning
Pay Attention To Me
A Hard Lesson
Mine
It's all bullshit, right?
Little Wolf
The Alphas Kryptonite
Pick One
Hope
Disappointed Expectations
Routine Followup
She Took The Stairs
Thoroughly Spent
The Alphas Best Friend
Home
Time To Change
House Warming
A New Routine
A Surprise
Tease
A Blonde, A Brunette and a Red Head Walked Into a Bar...
We Meet Again
Eat Your Words
Mr. Sensitive
You're So Annoying
Girl Time
The Domino Effect
Fractured
The Betas Dilemma
New Developments
Measured Steps
I Got You
Whats Happening?
Alpha Mathias: July 1763- Trouble
You Need To Wake Up
The Past Meets The Present
Running Theories
The Rumor Mill
The Mad Queen
Set In Motion
Phone Date
Package Received
Elena: July 1763
An Error Of Dissociation
A Slight Delay On Pay Day
Internal Struggle
A Heavy Burden
A Perfect Night
First Watch
You're Not Forgiven
Destiny
A Firsthand Account
Baby Sitting Detail
The Perfect Storm
It's Over
Recuperation
Battle Ready
Green With Envy
An Alternative Perspective
Growing Pains
Show Me
Boys are from Mars, Girls are from Venus
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Tangled Webs
Divided Interests
The Lazy Luna
Party Crasher
The Lunas Guard
The Missing Piece
Communication
Thank You
It Puts The Lotion On The Skin
The Love Of A Mate

Recovery

570 39 1
By CerrahQuack

Jason's face remained emotionless after the medical staff confirmed that she was in fact miscarrying. There was no anger, there was no upset, there was nothing. His mind compartmentalizing the unexpected pregnancy and locking it tightly away as if it never happened. He much preferred to pretend that it had not ever existed, it was easier that way.

It allowed him to be supportive to his mate, who seemed to be of more clear thought, each day of bleeding came with more rationality. The bizarre statements and behaviors seemed to dissipate in each passing moment. No longer was she confusing peoples names or speaking out of context.

It quite possibly could have been that the hormones had played a factor in her unclarity. That they had somehow drove her weakened mind into dark depths of turmoil. However, just because she seemed more sane, did not mean she felt any less upset with the loss. It honestly shocked Jason how upset she was at learning she had been pregnant and subsequently her body rejected that pregnancy.

In Elizabeth's world, she had never wanted to be pregnant in the first place, but she was conflicted in her grief because she had in fact became pregnant and had lost the child. She felt less than. She felt an absence. It was just another blow to her self esteem, another failure of her own being that could be marked and noted. Her body seemingly incapable of doing what it was made for.

Jason had tried to soothe and comfort her and tell her that there were a lot of factors at play, his mouth never uttering the words miscarriage or anything closely related to her pregnancy. He told her how immaculate she was, how beautiful her hazel eyes looked as they slowly returned to their normal state, how utterly divine she was. His gentle words only minutely softening the heavy blow she had been dealt with.

He didn't leave her room once. Jacob brought him clothes everyday and Jason would carry himself and Elizabeth into the shower affixed to the room. He would wash them both together and hold her tightly as she sought the hidden comfort of the shower allowing her to cry where no one else but him could see her.

This was what a good mate did. This is how they were supposed to care for one another. When one was weakened, the other would strengthen and carry a heavier part of the burden.

Probably the most surprising thing he did was allow the man he loathed the most,  come in to see her. He didn't allow anything beyond that, he was not to touch her, but he could not deny her of  another thing. Willing to do anything to ease her pain.

The beta himself was not only shocked but carried an immense guilt for wishing for her to miscarry when he took in her disposition and saw how much she suffered because of it.  The situation incredibly awkward and his personality severely muted with the intense gaze of Jason who was affixed on her bedside, clearly not doing anything to ease the uncomfortable atmosphere. The alpha finding himself clenching his jaw and intermittently sucking at his teeth as Alex tried to joke with her and get her to laugh. He was being an exceptionally good mate at present.

"I spoke with your Uncle earlier, he asked that you call him when you're ready to." Alex said, shifting in his chair lightly, his eyes trained on her face holding a weak smile.

"Jacob has your phone. It was found at the mall" Jason said, very much keeping himself aware of their conversation and interjecting himself frequently. He kept physical contact with a hand gently rubbing at her bicep in an affectionate manner driven by his possessiveness. "We haven't found your ring though. We'll have to get you another one." His eyes flickering over to Alex, making sure he was heard.

"Samantha took it from me, to keep it safe. Is she all right?" Elizabeth said looking at Jason, finding herself distracted from her upset and now worried about the woman who cared for her after initially taking her.

A flicker of annoyance registered in the Alphas eyes as the woman was mentioned, he still having a clear anger for the woman who took her away from him. "I would say so. She's Marks mate." He scoffed his eyes narrowing to the side as he shook his head.

"I think that's wonderful." His own mate said, noticing his darkening mood in regards to the woman. "She protected me."

"She took you, Elizabeth." He corrected her.

"She wasn't aware of what she was doing. She felt  terrible, and took care of me when it started to get really bad. She took my ring and said I lost it because they were going to pawn it for food. She knew how much it meant to me." Elizabeth said in defense of the redhead. Jason looking over to her knowing that he now most certainly wouldn't be able to do anything about the woman, his gaze softening as he let it go.

"Liz, I'm so glad you're doing better. You look a lot better than when I found you." The beta finding a way to bring himself back into the conversation and garner her attention, being successful as she looked over to him with a soft smile.

"Thank you so much again for helping me. I don't think I would have made it much longer if you hadn't." She said with a nod, knowing in certainty now that she had the mental clarity, that she was in a bad way.

"I would have found you." Jason said leaning over and planting a kiss on her forehead, another affectionate possessive act. "You'll never go through anything like that again. I'll keep you safe." Alex having to look away from the two, not being able to stomach the alphas affection towards her.

"By locking her up again?" Alex said bitterly, unable to hold his tongue any longer as the Alpha seemed to want to rub his closeness with Elizabeth in his face.

"I think it's time you go." Jason said depositing a deep kiss now on her cheek as his dark green eyes stared directly at the beta.

"Can you two not do this?" Elizabeth said in light frustration, moving her cheek away from his lips. "Just get over whatever this is between you two. You're both important to me, and I can't stand the fact that you both dislike each other so intensely." 
They both were unhappy with her response, both of the men thinking that they should be exclusively important to her, both of them looking away from her in annoyance. "Please... I haven't seen you in a long time Alex and when I leave who knows when we'll see each other again." Alex rolling his eyes as he knew for certain that it would be never, Jason darkly chuckling as he knew as well for certain it would be never. "I don't want you guys fighting... It's absolutely frustrating." She said pulling back the thin blanket and making a move to get out of the bed now.

"Where are you going?" Jason asked quickly grabbing lightly at her bicep, he had been treating her like a fragile piece of glass.

"To the bathroom." She said with a sigh, knowing she wouldn't be going herself.

"Okay, let's go." The alpha said standing up and then scooping her up.

"Jason, I really should be walking." She said with a head shake, but making no effort to fight against him.

"Tomorrow."  he said quickly. The same thing he said yesterday. "Besides, we need to check." His voice lowering in discretion as eyes fell in between her legs, indicating he wanted to see for himself how her bleeding was progressing.

Alex didn't like seeing this either. It made him uncomfortable to see how attached Jason was to Elizabeth. It confused him. He knew that Elizabeth belonged to him, but the Alpha very much acted and behaved like a mate would with her. His behavior was not indicative with that of a person who held an infatuation with a pretty girl. This situation was getting worse for the beta. His hatred for the Alpha was strong, but not enough to blind him from taking notice of what he saw.

Jason shut the door behind the two with his foot, placing her down in front of the toilet and helping her with her gown and pulling down the disposable underwear being utilized to catch the red discharge.

"Jason, this is so unnecessary." She began to whine as he helped her sit on the toilet.

"Will you stop? I just want to take care you." He said completely removing the disposable panties now and opting to get her new ones from the shelving to the side. "It's looking good. The medicine seems to have helped it progress. You should be done soon." He said with a nod of approval. "We should be able to go home in the next day or so." He said as he slipped the new underwear on around her legs.

"Are you okay?" She said as he began to stand up, he has focused so much of his attention on her, he never said how he was doing.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to make sure you're okay." He said with a nod, not at all wanting to step into the territory she was trying to venture in.

"But... it's what you wanted." She said, finding herself not really even being able to state directly what she was speaking about.

"Elizabeth. I'm fine. My only concern is getting you home." He said firmly, his tone calling an end to the conversation and his words quickly changing the subject. "Are you going to go?" He asked expectantly waiting for her to utilize the bathroom.

"I told you. I can't when you're watching." She said her knees pressing tightly together as she awkwardly sat.

"Jesus, Elizabeth, I'm your mate." He said turning around with an eye roll and a shake of his head at how bashful she was.

"Precisely, why I would rather use the bathroom by myself." She said back in light annoyance and she began to release her bladder, a slight hesitation in its flow from modesty. "You know I'm not going to disappear, if you let me pee by myself." She said not even in a humorous tone, but being completely serious. He was fixated on her, and had to be in constant contact with her.

"Just.. just humor me Elizabeth. I'll relax when we get home.." he said with a sigh, his hands running through his hair as he began to fix it into a bun to busy himself in his wait. "You done?" He asked as she was wiping herself as clean as possible the tissue turning red in her hands direction.

"Yes..." she said beginning to stand and pulling the panties up gingerly due to the cramping sensation still prevalent in her lower half but getting easier over time. Turning around to flush the toilet before he himself turned around fixing her gown idly with his hands.

"How is it possible that you can make a hospital gown look hot?" He said with a smirk as his hands went on her hips pulling her closer to him her cheeks flushing red from his flirtatious compliment.

"Thank you Jason..." she said wrapping her arms tightly around him and pressing her cheek tightly against his chest. She wasn't thanking him for the compliment, though it was appreciated, she was thanking him for how he had been caring for her. He pushed her through her darkness, and made her feel a little more like herself. She still had hurt and pain deep within but he made it not so overwhelming.

"You're welcome, baby." He said hugging her back even more tightly as he dipped a kiss onto her head. "Ah, how romantic. A warm embrace in front of a toilet. Seems pretty fitting for us, don't you think?" He said making her laugh into his chest.

"Shut up, you jerk. You just ruined it." She said attempting to pull away but not getting anywhere in his grip her hand smacking at his chest now.

"So nows not the best time to ask for head?" He questioned with an arched eyebrow and a smirk as he received another slap.

"Let's go back to the room, I've had enough of your bathroom foreplay." She said rolling her eyes.

"Good idea, there's a bed." He said with a nod as he continued to smirk and once again picked her up and opened the door, his eyes lighting up at the now empty chair showing Alex had left. Her brows furrowing as she realized it as well.

"He's gone?" She said almost in dejection. "He didn't say goodbye."

"We'll make sure you get a chance before we go." Jason said not at all feeling her dejection, but feeling grateful for them being alone again. "Come on, let's take a nap. You've exhausted all my niceness. I need time to recover."

"Ah yes, a twenty year nap should give you back that twenty minutes spent in good humor." She said with a nod and a giggle as he donned a mock glare as he laid them both down in the bed.

"I take it back, you're exhausting." He said wrapping his body around hers. "I'll never be able to recover." He said closing his eyes as he burrowed his nose into her hair and breathed in her scent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 194K 56
"We have a feisty one," he mumbled, tracing kisses down my neck, settling just above my breasts as he admired them, licking his lips. "She said no!"...
11.1K 466 30
#39 in Supernatural Several tears have made their way down her cheeks, I'm unsure if it's due to pain or panic. She searches my eyes for several mo...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
1.2K 6 68
"How dare you try to reject her, you fucking freak! You hurt my friend, so I am going to hurt you." She threatened powerfully, grabbing him by his t...