My Silver Lining (Marvel/Star...

By catalan_andrea

Miranda Rambeau, formerly known as Ayla Breha Shan, is the adopted daughter of Maria Rambeau and younger sist... More

Chapter 1: The Decision
Chapter 3: The Mission
Chapter 4: The Death Wish
Chapter 5: The Encampment
Chapter 6: The Child
Chapter 7: The Jawas
Chapter 8: The Mudhorn
Chapter 9: Getting The Child Back
Chapter 10: Escaping Nevarro
Chapter 11: Sorgan
Chapter 12: Nightmares
Chapter 13: A Glimpse Into The Past
Chapter 14: Taking Down The Raiders
Chapter 15: The Bounty Hunter
Chapter 16: Tatooine
Chapter 17: The Betrayal
Chapter 18: The Mercenaries
Chapter 19: The Job
Chapter 20: Getting Even
Chapter 21: You Are Not My Mother
Chapter 22: Clan Of Two
Chapter 23: The Mistake
Chapter 24: Returning Home
Chapter 25: Time Heist
Chapter 26: The Battle Against Thanos
Chapter 27: Leave It To Ayla
Chapter 28: The Djarin Family
Chapter 29: The Talent Show

Chapter 2: The Reunion

463 13 0
By catalan_andrea

A smile appeared on Abner's face. "Thank you very much."

Once they were inside, Abner told them about the Empire, which was located in another galaxy, how Ayla was special, and if they discovered Ayla's abilities, then they'll kill her. Maria and Monica listened in silence, both bewildered. Maria couldn't believe what he was saying, what he said sounded very smilier to Star Wars. Meanwhile, Monica was in awe.

"She's abnormally strong in the Force. I'm surprised we haven't attracted the attention of the Empire yet." Abner revealed.

He had done his best to use the Force to conceal him, his niece, Leia, and his daughter. But the moment Ayla began to learn about the Force, he could no longer be able to protect her anymore. And he knew Ayla, once she showed an interest in something, there was no stopping her.

At that moment, Ayla began to stir in her sleep, which everyone noticed. Abner stood up from the couch before turning to Maria. "I must leave before she wakes up. I know we've never met. But I trust you will do When I reached out to the Force and found you, do you know what I felt?"

Maria shrugged. "I don't know."

"I can sense that you're a great mother. You remind me much of someone I knew..." Abner mentioned.

Maria raised an eyebrow. "A friend?"

"My mother...Nomi Sunrider." Abner corrected. "Certain things were forbidden by the Jedi Order, such as marriage, and my parents had married in secrecy. She was very kind, but she could never be the mother she wanted to be for me. In order to protect my father and her, she had hide this secret...it was the price we had to pay. But she was very protective of me...she ended up sacrificing her life for me."

Maria wasn't expecting to be left in charge of a child that wasn't hers. But upon hearing this man's story she knew that she had to help him out. Who knows if someone else would help Abner, and she wondered what would become of the child.

"I'm sorry... But your daughter will be loved with us." Maria assured him.

Abner nodded. "I know."

Monica noticed the necklace around Ayla's neck. "That's a cool necklace. What is it?"

"That's a Kyber crystal." Abner mentioned. "It's all I have of my Master. But I hope she may never have to use it."

Abner walked over towards Ayla, giving his daughter a kiss on her forehead before whispering. "Goodbye, my little starbird. May the Force be with you."

-Ayla/Mandy's P.O.V.-

~July 13th, 2020~

A beautiful lady in an elegant dress sang as she looked down at me. There were tears in her warm chocolate brown eyes. I didn't understand why or how, but I could feel her sadness.

"Mirrorbright shines the moon, as fires die to their embers.

Those you loved are with you still—

The moon will help you remember." She sang on.

"Agent Rambeau." An agent greeted.

I snapped out of my thoughts, greeting back the agent. I couldn't help but get these weird dreams. I didn't understand what they meant or who any of the people were, but I had them every day since I was a child, which was strange. I never told anyone, believing they were meaningless dreams. Currently, I was in the S.W.O.R.D. headquarters, heading towards my office. I knew I wanted to help out S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.W.O.R.D., especially after seeing Skrulls that appeared in my home. From that day on, I was determined to help out those less who couldn't fend for themselves.

My office had a desk, a chair, a bookshelf filled with books of different topics and genres, and a window with blinds. On my desk, there was were pictures, my computer, and a calendar. I had pictures of my mom along with my older sister, Monica, and myself. They weren't my biological family, but that didn't matter. To me, they were my family. I also had a picture of my friends, Coulson, Daisy, May, Fitz, Jemma, Mack, Yo-Yo, and of me. I had helped out Coulson and his team in the past on many missions. They had became like a second family to me. I talked to Tyler Hayward about S.H.I.E.L.D. He was skeptical about working with that organization, believing they were a terrorist organization. It took a lot of convincing and a talk with my mom, Maria Rambeau to get the green light.

Unfortunately mom's cancer came back, so I decided to remain on Earth to keep an eye on her. It wasn't easy, especially after Monica vanished along with thousands of others. But mom remained positive like always, reminding me that she'll come back one day...and I believe her. I noticed the small headpiece that Leo and I came up with so the team could all meet up virtually. I glanced over the calendar, checking the date. Today's the day that Coulson and the rest of the team would meet up, virtually. I placed the headpiece and the moment I did, I saw myself in the old speakeasy in New York City, it was Koenig's place that we first found when we traveled back to 1931.

I saw Coulson and Daisy sitting in chairs. I was happy to see them again. It had been a year since I was with the team. Just when we thought we were done with the mission after facing Izel, we were swept from the temple and into the Zephyr, where we went back in time. Now Mack was in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D, while Yo-Yo was leading a S.T.R.I.K.E. team that Piper and a LMD of Davis. May was a professor at Coulson Academy Meanwhile, Daisy, her sister, Kora, and her boyfriend, Daniel Sousa, were in currently in space. They were S.H.I.E.L.D. Commanders and ambassadors for other planets, traveling the universe onboard Zephyr 3, which I helped build along with Fitz. Coulson was taking a break, thinking about what he was going to do next. Fitz and Jemma retired from S.H.I.E.L.D. to spend time with their daughter, Ayla. I don't know why, but that name...Ayla, it sounded very familiar to me. It was very strange...but I kept this to myself. I sat down next to Daisy.

"Nice pick. Who's idea was this?" I questioned.

Coulson gave me a sheepish smile. "Guilty as charged."

At that moment, Yo-Yo appeared, giving us a smile. "Long time no see."

She sat down, taking a seat near Coulson. May then emerged, sitting down next to Coulson and Yo-Yo. "Hi guys."

Fitz and Jemma then emerged, giving us smiles. "Hey."

Jemma sat next to me, while Fitz sat beside her. Jemma looked around in awe. "Well, this is a nice venue. Whose idea was this?"

Coulson raised his hand. I furrowed my brows, glancing around. "Where's Mack?"

"Turtleman is always late." Yo-Yo mentioned.

I snickered. "Some things never change."

"He knows. He'll be here." Coulson assured us.

Mack approached us, wearing a black trench coat like Fury always wore.

"Am I the last one?" Mack asked as he looked around.

May nodded. I confirmed. "Yep."

"Sorry." Mack apologized, sitting down next to Yo-Yo and Fitz. "Ah, there was a situation in Moscow that needed my attention."

"A story worth telling?" Jemma inquired.

Mack wore a sheepish smile. "Well, it's, uh...it's classified."

Jemma nodded. "Of course."

"You enjoying the new digs?" Daisy questioned.

"Oh yeah, yeah. It's nice. You know, it's..." Mack trailed off. "But after all those years in hallways, uh, I'm just not used to having a view."

"Are you still stationed there, too?" May asked, looking over at Yo-Yo.

"I'm on assignment actually, chasing an 0-8-4, of all things." Yo-Yo informed us.

We all smiled at her words. Mack then spoke up. "Yeah, she's our most decorated Agent."

"Okay, okay. I've got a good team. We work well together. Although, Piper, I think is questioning her choice." Yo-Yo mentioned.

Fitz raised an eyebrow. "By taking on the assignment?"

"No, the choice she made when you and Simmons asked her what she wanted for a reward." Yo-Yo corrected.

We all let out laughs upon hearing her words. We all knew how Piper and Davis loved to bicker when they were together. I still can't believe during our mission to find Fitz, Piper and Davis didn't kill each other. They were definitely at each other's throats many times. Jemma glanced over at May. "And you, Melinda? How are you liking your new profession?"

"I hate it." May replied.

Upon hearing her words, we all chuckled. I still can't believe May's a professor. It was shocking to me. Coulson shook his head. "No, you don't."

"I fought aliens, demons, and androids, and this is the first time in my life I've ever this exhausted." May mentioned.

"Amen to that." Fitz agreed.

Daisy furrowed her brows. "What do you know about being exhausted?"

"Yeah, you're retired." I commented.

Fitz scoffed. "Only someone without kids would say that."

I snickered. We all met Ayla and she's a handful, but she's very kind, sweet, and smart. I had thought about having children, but I wasn't prepared to dive back into a relationship. I was  afraid to make the same mistakes as I had done in the past. Jemma chuckled. "Yeah. She's a lot."

"She's the best." Coulson chimed in.

"She's learning to swim right now." Jemma informed us.

"Aww!" We exclaimed.

"Send videos, please." Yo-Yo urged.

"She wants to design her own fish." Jemma commented.

I snickered. "She sounds just like her parents."

Fitz's smile widened. "Yeah, but we have to tell her it's not possible."

"Well, it's possible." Jemma pointed out.

"But it's not legal." I chimed in.

"Yet." Jemma corrected.

"Well, did she get Uncle Mack's present?" Mack asked.

"Yes, thank you." Jemma confirmed.

"Yeah. Thank you for all the many presents. One a year is plenty." Fitz advised.

Yo-Yo groaned. "Oh come on, Fitz. What about Christmas?"

Fitz scoffed. "It's overrated."

"Or her birthday?" I suggested.

"You out of all people spoil her too much." Fitz protested.

I shrugged. "What can I say? Aunt Mandy's the best."

"Uh, Uncle Mack would like to disagree with you on that." Mack protested with a grin on his face.

"She loves you all equally." Fitz intervened, trying to please us all.

"We did get a very nice letter from Agent Sousa." Jemma said, changing the subject.

"Aww, that's so cute!" I exclaimed. "He writes letters."

"I know right. I just got him a typewriter. Speaking of a kid on Christmas." Daisy chuckled.

"Things are going well?" Jemma inquired.

Daisy smiled. "They're going, yeah. We're just, like, loving the journey together. I showed him E.T. to prep for it."

"Great movie." Coulson commented.

"Classic." Mack and I said in unison.

"He cried like a baby. Um, but he's made for this work. He's solid." Daisy mentioned.

"You seem very happy." I pointed out.

And she did look happy, happier than before. And I was glad that Daisy found someone like Daniel. The poor thing had been through a lot...I understood her more than others. She definitely deserved this.

"I am." Daisy confirmed. "He does keep calling us the Astro Ambassadors, so that's...yeah. He's a dork. But he says hi."

"Tell him that the Astro Ambassadors is a good name." I commented.

Daisy groaned. "Don't encourage him."

I chuckled. "Wouldn't dream of it."

"Speaking of dorks..." Daisy trailed off, looking over at Coulson.

"Wow." Coulson replied, pretending to be hurt.

"What are you gonna do, A.C.?" Daisy questioned.

"Yeah. I was gonna ask that." I added. "You said you would take the year to reassess."

"Well, I figure I can always, you know, turn off. So no rush on that. I'm going to take a little time, continue my reassessment. See the world." Coulson informed us.

Yo-Yo nodded. "Right on."

"Glad to hear it." Fitz commented.

"You know, after your sabbatical, I could use you." May mentioned.

"Yeah, me too." Mack added.

"There's a bunk open on Zephyr Three. It's a nice one." Daisy chimed in.

Coulson smiled. "I'll keep all that in mind."

Yo-Yo glanced behind her chair, deep in thought. Yo-Yo then looked back at us with a sad smile. "Guys, I'm going to have to go in a minute. We're approaching the drop zone."

"Okay, just remember, minimal force, sweetheart. In and out, no contact." Mack reminded her.

"I know." Yo-Yo responded.

"Uh, yeah, I have a group waiting so...maybe we should just, uh, call it." May advised.

"Yeah, I'm losing signal anyway. We're entering a nebula." Daisy informed us.

"I vote we make this a tradition." Jemma suggested.

Fitz nodded. "Yeah. I agree."

"Me too." I chimed in.

"We can't lose touch. I mean, we've been through too much together. A miracle we survived. Well...except for Coulson. And Fitz." Mack mentioned.

"And Daisy." Coulson added.

"And May." I chimed in.

"And Mandy." Jemma reminded us.

I groaned. That's right...I had died. While I was in Cairo, Egypt. S.H.I.E.L.D. decided to send me, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent along with a small team. Our mission was to take down Crossbones a.k.a. Brock Rumlow and his group of mercenaries. My entire team was killed, and for a while...so was I. I had messed, but I wouldn't make the same mistake I made that day.

The team was devastated, they feared the worst. But thanks to the G.H.325 serum, I was revived. I now had Kree blood flowing through my veins. But like Daisy, nothing happened to me. There were no side effects or anything of the sort, which baffled both the team and me. It still surprised me to this day. I wasn't Inhuman at least not that I know of, so why didn't I react the way Coulson did? And then there was that other instance with the Fear Dimension. Yo-Yo grimaced. "Geez, I was a zombie once."

"So was Mack, actually." Fitz informed her.

Yo-Yo's eyes widened. "Really?"

Mack grimaced, waving it off, not wanting to talk about it. I chuckled. "Oh I remember that."

Yo-Yo raised an eyebrow. "Really? Was I there for that?"

"Look, if this is a contest, I died like seven times." Coulson stated.

May raised an eyebrow. "Is that all?"

We all burst out in laughter. I glanced around at the team, who had become my family. Mack's right, we've been through so much that it's truly a miracle that we're all still alive...well except for Coulson.

"But I don't even exist in Deke's timeline." Daisy reminded us.

Upon hearing Deke's name, we all exclaimed. "Deke!"

"I miss that little weirdo." Daisy revealed.

"Yeah. We may see him again one day." Jemma said, remaining hopeful.

"Look, I'm sure the D is doing just fine. I mean, he's probably playing Madison Square Garden right now." Mack pointed out.

We all chuckled, thinking of Deke performing along with his friends that formed that group back in the 80s. I then saw Mack and Yo-Yo exchange a look before Yo-Yo let out a sigh. "All right, well...I guess this is it. Same time next year?"

We all nodded at her words, confirming the date.  Yo-Yo gave us one last smile. "All right. Hasta la próxima."

With that, Yo-Yo vanished. As soon as Yo-Yo was gone, May looked over at Mack. "Mack, I'll be sending you a few names."

Mack nodded. "Good."

May glanced over at Coulson. "And Phil. You should at least swing by on your travels, tell some stories to the newcomers. They'll love that."

"You might be seeing me." Coulson informed her.

May then gave us one last smile before she left. Fitz then turned towards Jemma. "This little monkey is punching me as hard as she can in the leg. We should go."

"Oh yeah." Jemma agreed.

"Having a picnic in the garden. She's been very patient." Fitz mentioned as he clasped his hands. "Well...bye everybody."

He then disappeared from his seat. Jemma glanced over at Daisy. "I'll email you that anatomy analysis after Fitz is asleep. Interesting stuff."

Jemma gave Daisy a wink before leaving the speakeasy. Mack then looked over at Coulson. "You're at H.Q.?"

Coulson nodded. Mack then continued. "So, then...you received the package."

"Sitting right in front of me. Just need the code." Coulson mentioned.

"1-3-6. It's in there along with a little going away present." Mack replied.

Coulson's eyes lit up. "Is it what I think it is?"

"H-hey, I'm still a mechanic at heart." Mack reminded us. He then looked over at Daisy, and me. "Be careful out there, the three of you."

Mack then stood up before he vanished from the speakeasy, leaving Coulson, Daisy, and me. Once it was just the three of us, Daisy spoke up. "It's not the same without these guys."

"No it's not." Coulson agreed.

"Are you really just seeing the world?" I questioned.

"There's some places I've always wanted to go." Coulson said.

"Okay, but look at what you did here." Daisy pointed out.

I chimed in, knowing where Daisy was going with this. "Daisy's right. There are people out there who are lost, people who show promise."

"If you don't find them, who will?" Daisy added.

Coulson glanced over me with a mysterious smile. "I have a feeling that they'll be found."

"How's it going with your new recruit?" Coulson questioned, looking back at Daisy.

"She's doing great. She's been through a lot, but um...it's funny what can happen when someone believes in you." Daisy explained, referring to Kora.

I was reluctant about Kora, but Daisy assured me that she'd take Kora under her her wing. And under Daisy, Kora showed an impressive improvement in a short amount of time.

"Give me a call when you get back." Coulson advised.

"Yes, sir." Daisy agreed.

Coulson looked over at me. "Stay in touch."

"Don't worry, I will." I assured him.

"How's your mom?" Coulson asked.

I hesitated. I wanted to lie and say she was doing great, but the moment the cancer came back, everything was up in the air. With that in mind, I spoke up. "The cancer came back."

Upon hearing my words, both Coulson's and Daisy's faces fell. Daisy was the first to speak up, giving me a sympathetic smile. "Oh Mandy, I'm so sorry."

"It's all right...I was surprised when I first found out. But she's been through cancer once, I know she can beat it again." I assured her.

She has to...I can't afford to lose her. It would be too painful for me. I already lost Monica, and if it wasn't for mom, the possibility of Monica being alive would've never occurred to me. I learned everything from her. Everything I am today is because of her.

"Let me know what happens." Coulson mentioned.

"I will..." I assured him. I then looked over at Daisy. "Let me know when you get there."

Daisy nodded. "I will."

I let out a shaky sigh, giving them a smile. "All right...well, goodbye."

I took off my headpiece, returning to my office. All of the sudden, I heard ringing coming from my phone, which lied on my desk. I quickly answered the phone.

"Hello?" I questioned.

I heard Dr. Harley's voice on the other end. "Mandy, it's your mom."

~Translations~

Hasta la próxima----Until the next time (Spanish)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 79 24
A new family move into New York, for Kanan's new job as a police officer, and meet a scruffy teenage pickpocket who has been living of the streets fo...
933 22 15
The Mandalorian gets more than he bargained for when he takes a risky job in exchange for information on a Jedi. Preferring to work alone, he is frus...
29.8K 1K 35
"...๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜ช'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ฆ..." The story of Nova, a broken girl with a past that's slowly destroying her. And Din, a Mandalorian who doesn't...
80.1K 1.6K 14
(Highest Rank: 35 in #Reader) (Y/n) meets the Mandalorian when she's only 17. Truly brought together by fate, she tags along on his voyage. One late...