Regret and Grudge

By Stillwell03

Izuku wants to make amends for what he did to Ochako. Ochako hates Izuku for what he did and holds him respon... More

The Boy Who Fell to Darkness
The Girl Who Lost Everything
Rageful Reunion
Destructive Training
Hellish Torment
What Now?
Therapy
Sides
Festival of Aggression
Storming the Field
Battle of Beliefs
Pained Words
Ochako's Unease
Finals
A Date?
Ochako's Realization
A Real Monster
Decompressing
Peaceful Day
Abnormal Growth
Final Exams
Brutal Teamwork
The Man that can Surpass Greatness
Futures Unwritten
Talks
Training Camp
Quirk Overdose
Aggrivating Impasse
Helluva Night
Night's Conclusion
Anguish of Loss
Dreamscape
Time of Truth
Heart of Hope
Bad Trip
Stitching Together
Provisional
Rush
Rescue Operations
Conviction
Final Decision
The Big Three
Investigations
Disaster's Origins
Horrid Reality
Daddy's Little Monster
Guilt
Eri
New Home
Eri's Adjustment
Self Hating
The Underground Labyrinth
Contribution
Awkward Outings
Dream
Queen of Anatomy
Fits
Love?
A Date
A Lead
Beginning of the Conflict
Tyranny and Tigers
Nightmare's Conclusion
Moving Forward
Daze

War of Hosu

5K 136 97
By Stillwell03

In Hosu city, 3rd person POV:

Iida had come off a day with his work study pro Manual with the layout somewhat decent in his mind. Though he was offered better agencies, the engine quirk user went with this one for one specific reason.

"Nice job today Tenya." Manual came in to offer his appreciation to Iida with him thanking the pro.

"Thank you."

"Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question?"

Iida was curious and nodded. "What is it?"

"You accepted my offer to go after the Hero Killer, didn't you?" Iida said nothing as a way to make it clear to the water quirk using pro. "I figured as much. Look, I understand that you hate him. Honestly, no pro is really happy about the Hero Killer. But please don't get involved. Unlike the pros, you can't go after him legally and also won't be any different than him if you did." This irritated Iida with Manual trying to fix his wording. "I didn't mean to sound mean or something. It's just, you're a good kid with a bright future. It be horrible if you did something to ruin that like go pick a fight with a dangerous villain."

"I understand. I take no offense." Manual thanked Iida for being understanding, but this didn't quell his anger in the slightest. In fact, it only made him angrier knowing his brother's attacker was untouchable with him in the city where he's most likely to attack next.

At Gran Torino's home

Izuku had woken up late due to a bad dream and decided to splash some water on his face. For a while now, the bad memories of his father tormenting him had played in his head with them not stopping. He wanted to get over this torment, but never knew just how he could. While returning, he noticed Ochako sleeping soundly with a calm face instead of the average aggressive one she shows Izuku.

"To be honest, you're kinda cute when you're not trying to kill or hurt me." The comment made the AFO user let out a small laugh before coming back to reality about the past. "If...if I never stole your quirk or gave it immediately back when I did steal it, would we be in this bad of shape?" He obtained no answer with him realizing he's talking to an unconscious person right now. "I guess I'll never know. If it really does mean anything, I am very sorry for what happened to your parents and the fact you had to be quirkless for a while. Goodnight."

Izuku went back to his bed and fell back to sleep not thinking his words would mean anything. Little did he know, Ochako was awake during the entire thing to be more angered in herself. 'Maybe I should apologize to him and hold some benefit over doubt like Gran Torino said.'

The next day, Izuku POV:

"Alright. What else you got to say to her?" For the work study, Gran Torino had decided to ask  me to start insulting Uraraka due to something involving OFA rejecting her. I wasn't even sure a quirk could even do something like that if it's given to them, but I guess anything's possible.

"You're a pain in my butt that refuses to take the fact I wanna be a hero as opposed to a villain like what you're acting like."

"Grrr!" The thing to this was to have her understand what she's been putting me through or something and not have her react. This as he said would put us on even grounds and maybe help with the OFA thing with her understanding where I'm coming from.

"You also need to pick better friends than Kaachan. He was a jerk before when we were kids and I don't think that ego of his leveled out at all since then."

"Ah-" She was about to say something, but stopped mid sentence. "To be fair, it really didn't and you have a point there." I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at this since even she knew his ego is just as large as it's always been. "I mean, he really needs to get a girlfriend or get laid or something. If it were me, I'd try and find some way to mellow out a bit."

"Ten to one he can't and picks up a hooker or someone like that."

"I honestly told him he'd be lucky if he did have a hooker as his first. I also gave him a week of anger management classes to take."

"How'd that go over?"

"He made the instructor go into a mental hospital with the amount of aggression he showed. I don't know who was more scared for their life with him. The instructor or me when I found this out." We kept talking about how Kaachan was such an ass back then to now to the point Gran Torino started to ask us something.

"Now would this seem like the type of guy that's actually a villain in your eyes?" Uraraka stopped for a second when hearing these words.

"*sigh* Look. It's not that I don't think he's a villain anymore but-"

"NO BUTTS MISSY!"

"CAN YOU STOP HITTING ME WITH THAT CANE!? IT'S EITHER GOING TO BREAK OR YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME SEVERE BRUISES WHEN THIS WORK STUDY IS DONE!"

I wanted to laugh, but didn't in fear of that cane before realizing something. "Hey Gran Torino. If I said I wanted to help stop my dad, would you be against it?" This comment stopped the two with the old pro sighing in annoyance.

"It ain't right for a kid to face his old man, I'll start by saying that."

"But he's-"

"I know. He's a monster that needs to be taken down and the fact he's done what he did to you from what I heard is proof enough." He walked over to the notebook I had out to show some of the dangerous quirks I had written down.

Demonic Way: Turns one's body into that of a demon completely, or partial parts. Allows flight, strength to be increased times ten, and sharp teeth and claws to be added with the ability to destroy steel.

Soul Swap: Can swap the souls of two or more people for up to 24 hours. In this, the person will be stuck using the other's quirk and will still have their own body's pain tolerance towards any rebound.

Shadow Reaper: Allows one to detach their shadow and attack their opponent's shadow with their own. Any harm done to the shadow will be present on the actual person.

"You've got an army of these yet you lock them up. Why?"

"Just...using these makes me feel dirty. He altered these himself and messed with the framework. Using them makes me scared cause I don't understand them. Unlike where a normal quirk I can at least understand the person. I feel nothing from these. No lingering feelings, no memories, nothing."

"Wait. You can feel what others feel through their quirks?" Uraraka asked for me to explain.

"The quirk isn't mine when it's taken. All I'm doing is ripping the significant connection between the quirk user and the quirk. However, the quirk is still theirs and no matter what I do, that will never change."

There was silence before Uraraka broke it. "So...what did you feel from mine?"

I looked down when answering. "Honesty. Sincerity. Love for your family. Your words to me to try and be my friend were true. I'm sorry these things happened and everything that's been."

"To be honest, I didn't help." Uraraka curled her body in a ball before answering. ".....I'm sorry."

"Excuse me little missy? What was that?" Gran Torino asked for her to say it louder.

"I'm sorry."

"I think I need to turn up my hearing aids cause I just hear a wind blow.

"I'm sorry."

"A little better."

Uraraka finally caved in to give a more meaningful answer. "I'm sorry ok! I was mad at my parents' death and the fact AFO nearly killed dad! Now that we're finally talking and I'm seeing the reality without needing to resort to violence or anything like that, I realize I've been an asshole this entire time! HAPPY!?"

"There we go sweetie. Nice work." Uraraka pinched the bridge of her nose while I answered.

"Apology accepted."

"Wait. Why are you accepting it so easily?"

"Well....your hate for me wasn't exactly one I can blame you on. I stole something from you and you wanted it back. My father hurt your adoptive father. Anyone would be furious at the son of that man. So the fact you said that took a lot of courage to say and I respect that."

She smiled at this with Gran Torino clapping his hands. "Ok then. Midoriya, I have an offer for ya to try and prove to this missy you really aren't a bad person."

"Which is?"

He smirked while answering. "Take down the Hero Killer."

"WHAT!?" We both answered in shock.

"Think of it this way. The Hero Killer's been harming people for a while. Taking him down would make certain that you are a good person because you're stopping them for the sake of his victims that don't just need, but deserve justice. So that's why, we're heading to Hosu tonight. Pack your backpacks kids, we're heading out in ten." He walked away with the fact we're doing this beyond amazing me.

"Are we really doing this?"

"I....I guess so. When Gran Torino has something in mind, he just does it."

In the hassaikai HQ, 3rd person POV:

"So you wish for me to join your cause?" A man decked head to toe asked Overhaul who was sitting calmly on the couch across from him with his subordinates and Kurogiri beside him.

"Yes. you see, our boss wants you to join because of your skills to try and change this world. Our first order of business is to finish this." He passed a small dart over to the man and explained what it is. "You see. That dart holds a serum that can temporarily inhibit and stop the use of someone's quirk by targeting their quirk factor. A perfected one is in production that can permanently destroy their abilities but giving a taste of the product is what we're in the process of right now."

The man held the dart in his hands to see it was no different than a normal thumbtack in size. "With this, what exactly do you wish to do to the current society?"

"My goal is to restore the statusqoe so to speak. Before quirks, it was fairly simple to harm someone with a simple weapon. Now because of quirks, this created an uncontrollable imbalance in the way the world is run. That little dart will help put society back to what it was meant to be. Stable with the highest bidder being able to hold all the cards. So I ask you again. Will you join the League and AFO Hero killer Stain?"

Stain couldn't believe what he was looking at. In front of him was truly a man bent on destroying the society that he wanted to reform and change. But in order to do this, he'd destroy the framework for the society as a whole. "One question. When this succeeds, who will hold the cards?"

"You're looking at him. Our boss has offered me the chance to change this world that is sickened to the core and that is what I plan to do."

Speaking to Overhaul sickened the vigilante to no end, but he had points to what he had in mind. "Technically speaking, your kind of person sickens me the most. If I had the opportunity to, I'd steer clear from you. But we both are aware of the reality of the world right now. There must be change, and for that I will align myself with you for now. But the second things go differently, our business is done."

"Fair enough. But before you go, I'd like you to look into finding someone for our boss." A man in a white overcoat gave a file to Stain with a picture in it. "The boy's name is Izuku Midoriya. If you find him, I'd like you to bring him back. Granted that may be harder than we believe." Stain was then given a gun with ten rounds of the quirk disabling darts inside it. "This boy is important to pull off the board as quickly as possible. If he were to remain on the field, then the plans we both have will be at an impasse. The quirks inside him are dangerous enough, but he also has the quirk our boss has that can steal other quirks. Can't have something like that go unchecked if you ask me."

Stain put the gun in one of his carriers for his knives before accepting. "Now if you would be so kind, I have business in Hosu city that is left undone."

Overhaul looked at Kurogiri for him to nod. "We will meet again Hero Killer. Till then."

Later that evening with Izuku and Ochako, Ochako POV:

The trip to Hosu was somewhat uneasy. Midoriya was told that he was given authorization by Gran Torino to find the Hero Killer, but he also told me to stay out of this unless I am needed. I didn't get anything that was going on.

"So uhh. Is there any leads we can go on sir?"

"Not a one." Both me and Midoriya looked at our instructor like he was a nut. "To be honest, it's weird that the Hero Killer hasn't done anything yet and is off the radar. Though given his record, he'll attack Hosu again."

We kept riding with both me and Midoriya looking at our texts to Iida. 'They're still not read yet, huh.' The train immediately stopped though for us to almost fly out of our seats.

"What was that about? Villain attack?" Midoriya asked with the train telling us there was an issue that would be requiring us to stay here for a while. Before anything else, a hole was made with a hero coming through to scare the people. But what came into the train scared me the most.

"No. No no no no no no. Not this thing again." Midoriya began to panic with Gran Torino stepping in to kick the thing out of the train.

"Tsugenai! With me! Missy! Get the people under control!" He rocketed out with Midoriya jumping out of the train to follow him.

"Did....DID I JUST GET DITCHED!?" The people of the train ran to different cars with the pro for me to see no reason to stay on the train anymore. "Well I guess they did the job for me." I ran out of the train in the general direction to see a large amount of light coming from the city. When I saw what it was, I froze seeing the monster from before along with two others and Hosu city on fire.

"BASTARD!" Midoriya shouted this when draining the quirks out of the one that attacked the train.

"We've got this kid! You've got a job I told you to do!" Gran Torino shouted this for him to run out of the area.

"HEY! WAIT UP!" I ran after Midoriya with him looking behind to see me.

"Are the people safe!?"

"WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE!? SOME IDIOT THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO A JOB!?"

He ignored me before having a face of shock on him. "Uraraka. I've got a bad feeling about what's happening here and I really wanna be wrong."

I was gonna ask him before acknowledging it myself. 'The monsters we're facing are part of AFO's group. That means he's behind that. But attacking Hosu city now of all times is too coincidental with the sudden disappearance of the Hero Killer.' My mind finally came to the last thought in my head. "IIDA!"

"I KNOW WHERE HE IS RIGHT NOW! FOLLOW ME!" He sped up for me to run as fast as I could with OFA while making the clothes on my body weightless. When I turned a corner though, I noticed Midoriya sock the Hero Killer in the face to send him flying. "Uraraka! Get Native and Iida to safety! I'll take Stain!"

The villain got up and glanced at Midoriya and me. "So. You're the boy that Overhaul wants off the streets. Izuku Midoriya if I remember correctly."

'Overhaul? Then Midoriya's theory was right. This is gonna be a long night.'

And that finishes this chapter. See how Izuku handles the Hero Killer next time with Ochako having to play a major part. Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 579 8
This is a reaction fic to We're not Friends Kacchan! by WindsCarryFar. "Why do I have to explain anything to you?" He tried to formulate a response...
110K 2.6K 41
Izuku was a kind boy until the age of 5 when he lost his mother to All Might. On that day, Izuku swore revenge on the Symbol of evil no matter the co...
39.1K 1.3K 46
Y/n has always been looked at differently for who her father is. Even after her father died she was still treated terribly. When she gets to UA, all...
103K 2.2K 112
A different take on the MHA universe. What if Izuku Midoriya actually had a quirk? What if that quirk was similar to OFA, only it didn't leave his bo...