Engraved Love | J. POTTER

By sectxmsemmpra

In which James Potter communicates with a girl by engraving their conversations into a table in the library. ... More

F A C E C L A I M S
P L A Y L I S T
1 | stakeouts and meetings
2 | patrolling and wrackspurts
3 | metamorphmagus and tipsy encounters
4 | quidditch games and immitations
5 | amortentia and late replies
6 | cigarettes and threats
7 | morning runs and conquering fears
8 | revelations and human popsicles
9 | break-ups and break-outs
10 | yule ball's and reconciliations
11 | hogsmeade and attacks
12 | explanations and understandings
13 | disownings and animagus
14 | transformations and affirmations
15 | ghosts and jealousy
16 | confessions and make-ups
17 | cat fights and betrayls
19 | brothers and admissions
20 | camping trips and escapees
21 | bonding and late night drinking
22 | seducing werewolves and disappearing acts
23 | death bed requests and last trips home
24 | goodbye's and new begginings
0 | epilogue
T H A N K Y O U + N E W B O O K
O N E - S H O T B O O K + R E G G I E S P I N - O F F
S E Q U E L - H E Y V I O L E T

18 | initiations and pyromania

6.4K 240 44
By sectxmsemmpra

O P H E L I A L O V E G O O D

With the way they were grilling her with questions, you would think she was the one who had done something wrong. And at this rate, she wasn't entirely convinced that she hadn't done something wrong.

"And you're sure there were six other people alongside Coralena?" the Minister asked the girl for what was probably the millionth time.

"Yes," she answered. "I'm certain."

"And you didn't recognize any of them?"

"No," she huffed, "I recognized all of them. I just only know the names of two. Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Black."

"Lucius Malfoy is a highly respected-"

"I'm sorry," she swiftly cut off his appraisal of the boy. "I thought we were here to discuss what had happened."

"We are," he nodded. "But-"

"So that's what I did," she pointed out. "I'm sorry if it's not what you would like to hear but it's the truth."

The Minister's gaze flickered over to Dumbledore who sat with his hands calmly folded on the table. Ophelia looked over at the man and took in his neutral expression. There was a glimmer in his eye that could only be described as one thing. Pride.

"Why did this happen?"

This caused Ophelia to hesitate. She knew exactly why this had happened. Fenrir Greyback was going around collecting his mutts for his pack and had used Coralena to coral them. But she wasn't going to tell him that.

"I've been asking myself the same thing," she informed him as she leaned back in her chair. "How is it that six death eaters managed to get in and out of Hogwarts undetected?"

"I think we've heard enough from you, Ms. Lovegood," the Minister cleared his throat as he closed his notebook. "We'll be in contact with your family, I'm sure they'll want to check in on you."

"Don't bother," Ophelia said as she stood up. "I don't have a family."

J A M E S P O T T E R

"What's taking so long?" James inquired as he paced back and forth in the room. The three boys watched him as he did so.

"It's been like five minutes," Sirius pointed out.

Remus turned to look at the boy, "You have no sense of time, do you?"

"All of us were out in ten minutes tops," he pointed out as he ran his hand through his hair. "It's been half an hour."

"I'm sure she's fine," Remus stated. "She was friends with Coralena. They probably just have more questions for her."

"Right," James nodded in agreement but he wasn't sure he actually believed it.

The door to the dorm opened and he immediately turned around. As soon as he saw Ophelia, he pulled the girl into a hug. It took her a moment to figure out what was going on before she hugged him back.

"Hello to you too," she greeted and pulled away so she could look at him. He smiled down at her before pressing his lips to hers.

"Bleh," Sirius gagged and Remus shot the boy a look. "I liked it better before you guys told each other how you felt."

Ophelia pulled away and glanced over at the boy, a blush creeping its way up her neck. She shook her head slightly and her hair that was slowly changing color reverted back to its normal blonde state.

"What took you so long?" Peter asked, not bothering to beat around the bush.

"You would think I had committed a crime," she huffed as she crossed the room, not releasing James's hand as she took a seat on his bed. "The Minister kept asking me questions and he would ask the same questions over and over again. I almost lost it on him."

"I would kill to see that," Sirius announced and Ophelia glared at him.

James found himself absentmindedly tracing shapes on Ophelia's thigh. They were constantly touching when they were together. And not in a sexual way more in a need to know the other is there at all times whether it be a few fingers on the other's forearm or they were holding hands.

It was like they thought if they weren't touching, the other would disappear.

"Merlin, he's doing it again," Sirius huffed as he got up and crossed the room. He crouched down in front of the boy and patted him on the cheek, "Earth to Prongs."

"Ohh," Ophelia said as though something dawned on her and this pulled James from his thoughts. He and Sirius looked over at her in confusion. "Sorry," she mumbled, "I just realized what your nicknames mean."

Sirius rolled his eyes, "You're incredibly slow." James narrowed his eyes on the boy and he merely put his hands up in faux surrender.

He stood up and made his way back across the room, joining Remus on his bed instead of going to his own. "Now that you're kicking it back with us, you need a nickname."

It took Ophelia a moment to register what he said, "Are you talking to me?"

"Who else would I be talking to?"

"He makes a good point," Remus agreed. "If you're going to hang out with us all the time, you have to join the club."

"Agreed," Peter spoke up.

"They make good points," James stated as he squeezed the girl's hand. "You're like an honorary Marauder."

"Sorry, you said marauder?" she inquired with a raised eyebrow. "As in someone who raids?"

"Don't over analyze the name, it's cool," Sirius stated and Ophelia looked around at the boys in amusement.

"You guys call yourself the Marauders?" she inquired, fighting back a laugh.

"I take it back, Prongs," Sirius huffed. "She's clearly not one of us."

"Okay, I'm sorry," she apologized. "Say I agree to join your cult-"

"It's not a cult."

Remus shrugged, "It kind of is."

"As I was saying," Ophelia rolled her eyes. "If I agree - which I'm not yet - What the hell would my nickname be?"

The boys all remained silent as they thought it over. Sirius grinned after a moment and Ophelia looked at the boy warily.

"Oh, you're going to love this one," Sirius informed her and his smile didn't waver. "Loony."

Before Ophelia even knew what was happening, James had thrown something at the boy. "Hey!" he exclaimed as he dodged what seemed to be a shoe. "What was that for?"

"What have I told you about calling her that?"

"Bloody hell," he muttered as he sat back up. "Fine, I'll think of something else."

"No," Ophelia interjected. "I like it."

James turned to her in surprise, "You do?"

O P H E L I A L O V E G O O D

"I do," she nodded.

It was odd. The nickname had been something that had normally brought her shame. When she heard the name Loony it wasn't a good thing. But when she heard Sirius say it, despite the teasing tone, she knew he didn't mean it the way others did.

She liked the nickname when it was with them. "It's a double entendre."

"A double what now?" James asked as he eyed the girl in confusion.

"Entendre," she finished. "The word loony is a variation of lunatic which is what they called people who had any form of madness. They thought the disease was caused by the moon."

Sirius let out a bark of laughter, "Oh, the irony. It's perfect."

"Does this mean you're joining us?" Peter inquired.

Ophelia hesitated, "What else do I have to do?"

"A prank, of course."

J A M E S P O T T E R

"Breathe," James suggested as they walked down the hall. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder and he could feel the anxiety radiating off of her in waves. "They'll know something is up if you look like you're about to pass out."

"How am I supposed to breathe?" she inquired with a shaky breath. "We just-"

There was a bang from behind them and her eyes widened. James grabbed the girls hand and swiftly pulled her through the hall. She let out a yelp as he guided her through the hall.

"This was an awful idea," she hissed as he opened the door that led to the corridor and pulled her outside. "Like a really bad idea."

"Please, that was awesome," Sirius announced and Ophelia jumped. James had his hand resting on her lower back and she felt comfort in his touch.

"Merlin, you're all a bunch of pyros," she huffed as she glanced back at the castle. She could see the flickering flames through the window of the Potions classroom.

Sirius's eyebrows pinched together, "Why do I feel like I should be offended?"

"A pyro is someone who likes fire," Remus explained in simple terms. "Whether she meant it as an insult or not, I couldn't tell you."

"Then yes," the boy nodded, looking over at the girl with a grin. "We are."

"Oh, come on," James said, elbowing her gently in the side. "Don't try and tell me you didn't enjoy that."

She looked up at him and couldn't help but smile, "Okay, maybe a little."

"Aha!" Sirius exclaimed. "She's one of us now." He looked at the girl again, "There's no backing out now."

They all put their hands on top of the other like they were a team about to go into their game. They turned to her expectantly. She rolled her eyes, "You're ridiculous. The whole lot of you." But she placed her hands on top of theirs anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1K 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
12.8K 499 24
" in losing grip, in sinking ship, you showed up just in time " [james potter x female oc] [marauder's era]
153K 5.1K 32
In a final attempt at getting Lily to go out with him, James does the only thing he can think of. Ask Valda Hufflepuff to be his fake girlfriend. " i...