My Cowboy, My Hero

By Sara_Elizabeth1990

As one of Georgia's most successful ranchers, Rhye Collins doesn't have time to even consider dating, but tha... More

My Cowboy, My Hero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chaptr Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Dumb and Dumber
Chapter Forgiveness
Strong

Back to School

28.8K 643 68
By Sara_Elizabeth1990

Lexi and Tyler

"Are you nervous?" Tyler asked as he pulled into the school parking lot. Tyler had taken Lexi to school because Max had a doctors appointment, but Lexi really wished he was here. It was her first day after all.

"A little." Lexi admitted.

"You will do great." he encouraged.

"W-would you walk me in?" Lexi asked, suddenly feeling unsure of herself.

"Of course." Tyler said as he wrapped an arm around her.

"You don't have anything to worry about you know? I use to run this school." Tyler informed her after a moment.

"You did?" she asked.

"I did. I was the quarterback for the team here."

"Really?" Lexi asked again. It was hard to picture him as anything other than a cowboy.

"Yes ma'am."

"So if anyone tries to beat me up, I will just tell them I know you." Lexi joked.

"Darlin' if anyone tries to beat you up, you call me." he said making her tummy flip.

"There's Caitlin. Will you be okay from here?" he asked.

She nodded and he pulled her into a big hug. He rubbed his arms over her back.  "I hope you have a great day honey. I want to hear all about it when you get home."

"T-thank you." she said as she surprised him by hugging him back.

"I will see you this afternoon okay?"

She nodded and reluctantly let him go.

He kissed her forehead and walked away, only after he made sure she made it to Caitlin.

"Awie, look at you blushing!" Caitlin teased as Lexi walked up.

"Hush." Lexi mumbled.

Caitlin laughed. "You like him huh?"

"No! It was only my first day of school and I was worried."

"Sure." Caitlin said as she rolled her eyes. Lexi refrained from kicking her.

"About..." Lexi was cut off as she was hit by something large and crashed into the floor.

"Ouch!" she yelled from the floor as she stood up. She was really tired of being knocked down.

"I was walking!" she yelled at the large something.

"Woah, chill small one." the guy said.

"I am going to show you how CHILL I can be!" Lexi threatened as she looked at the big dude.

"Hey, you're the girl from the park." the big dude said.

It took her moment but she recognized him.

"Lexi right?" he asked.

She nodded.

"My name is Wyatt. I am supposed to be your tour guide today." he explained.

"I thought I was." Caitlin said.

"Sorry Cats, but they assigned you to assist Mrs. Johnson with morning announcements.

"Lexi, will you be okay?" Caitlin asked. Lexi looked really worried.

"Yes." Lexi said after a moment. She smiled to let her know she was thankful for her concern.

"I will see you this afternoon." Caitlin promised before she walked away.

Lexi waved back before turning around.

"Ready?" Wyatt asked.

"Yes." Lexi replied before walking beside him.

"So, did you just move here?" he asked.

"Yes."

"So, you're a junior?"

"Yes."

"So, who was that guy who dropped you off. Is he your boyfriend or something?"

"Yes.. I mean no!" Lexi stuttered.

"So which is it? Yes or no?" Wyatt laughed.

Lexi started to answer, but then decided Wyatt was being to personal.

"Why do you care so much?" she asked as she turned to look at him.

"What makes you think I care?" he teased.

"You keep asking personal questions."

"So... This is the cafeteria." he said changing the subject quickly.

"Okay?" Lexi said trying not to be sarcastic. She didn't need to know this was the lunch room, the long tables and various food lines gave it away.

"Come on and I will show you homeroom." he said as he held the large metal door open.

"Do you have a copy of my classes? Max said I was suppose to get one this morning." she asked.

"Was Max the guy that dropped you off?"

"No. Max is my guardian."

"So, the guy that dropped you off is..."

"none of your concern." Lexi said as she sighed.

"Yes, you did get a schedule. I have it in my backpack." he said.

"Can I have it please?"

"No."

Lexi frowned. This dude was really confusing.

"Why not?" she asked.

"because if I give it to you, then you won't need my help."

"I still don't know where my classes are." Lexi said.

"We have all the same classes." he said as he stopped in front of a big wooden door.

"Oh." Lexi said.

"This is homeroom with Mrs. Villegas." he said as he opened the door for her again.

Lexi stepped inside and was instantly met with smiling faces.

"Good morning "Alexis." Mrs. Villegas said. She was a younger teacher in her early thirties.

"Good morning." Lexi spoke.

"Welcome to Dodge County High School. I take it Wyatt is doing a fare job of showing you around?" she asked.

Lexi wanted to contradict her and say no, actually he was kinda weird.

"You know I am Mrs. V!" he exclaimed as he threw his arm around Lexi's shoulders and guided her to sit down near some other boys in football jerseys.

"Ok, pull out your year reviews because we have some changes to make." Mrs. Villegas said as she started teaching.

"Hi." the guy sitting on the other side of her whispered.

"Hi." she whispered back.

"So, are you new here?"

She nodded.

"Wow." he said as he settled back in her seat.

"Wow?" Lexi questioned.

"You are beautiful." he said as she blushed. She wondered if Tyler thought she was beautiful.... she shook her head. She didn't care what he thought!

"Leave her alone Scott." Wyatt warned from the other side of her.

"I didn't hear you call dibs." the guy Lexi now knew as Scott answered.

"I did this morning." Wyatt smirked.

"Whatever, she can decide for herself who she wants." Scott said as he winked at Lexi.

Lexi looked at Scott and then at Wyatt. She was so confused. What was "dibs" and what did Scott mean when he said "she can decide for herself who she wants"? The only thing she wanted was a new tour guide and to get away from the weirdos.. and maybe she wanted to see Tyler, but only a little she reasoned with herself.

------------------

Comment "dibs" if you liked this chapter please:D

Jesus loves you and so do I!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 8.6K 20
*COMPLETED* Welcome to Buckley's Ranch, full of sexy cowboys and all kinds of trouble! Lord 'ave mercy! Jessie is working as a stable hand, seriously...
1.2K 98 17
"I wanted you Lily Rose. You were all I ever wanted. You were the girl I loved." Wanted, loved. Past tense, in the past. No more. He didn't love her...
210 44 42
Sadah is hiding many secrets,thoughts and mysteris in her head.And fortunately she want's nothing to do with anyone except study and keeping her moth...
185 29 26
Jessie White isn't your average woman. She's a Southern woman. Some women at the age of twenty-four are still in college or starting a new job. Jessi...