𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐘

By sov3nus

𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... More

copyright ℗
soulful
disenthrall
dulcify
deleterious
jettison
betterment
putrescent
chum
affinity
nooky
conversationalist
nugatory
untrammelled
aggrandise
consent
amelioration
blossoming
limn
ubiquitous
assiduity
meagre
consternation
provisionary
caprice
unchivalrous
taciturn
contumelious
reminiscence
pule
porangi
alienation
pusillanimous
cantankerous
perfidious
spurious
compunctious
solicitude
exculpate
stravaig
multifarious
empyrean
supercilious
serendipity
hubris
incongruous
sempiternal
passivity
tyrannise
ineludible
ubiety
lugubrious
saturnine
contiguity
homage
gregarious
felicitous
illustrious
kalyana
onerous
quandary
veracious
zephyr
wallflower
quietus
hiraeth
ahimsa
appurtenant
preliminary
nurture
antithetical
peripheral
dichotomy
profligate
magnanimity
predestination
analogous
peripeteia
effervescent
amalgamation
utopian
coalesce

superfluity

1.8K 154 14
By sov3nus

superfluity
/ˌsuːpəˈfluːɪti/
noun: superfluity; plural noun: superfluities
an unnecessarily or excessively large amount or number of something.

Glendale, AZ
Sunday 22nd July
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"Howcome we are here today guys?" Dr. Eugene asked as she looked at her clients for today.

Soraya sighed before looking to her father out of the corner of her eye and then looking back at Dr. Eugene.

"Well recently I've discovered that my father who has been non-apparent in my life actually hasn't been non-apparent since he's my therapist."

"Ex-therapist, correct Dr. Harris?" Isaac nodded, "what made you tell Miss. Valentine that she was your daughter?"

"I was fired or quit in a way, I told her boyfriend about her life knowing she wouldn't do it herself and it wouldn't be done. I understand it wasn't my place to do such a thing but I felt like it was right and I still stand by that it was. I wanted to maintain a relationship with her now that I'm not her therapist anymore."

"Why did you feel like he agreed to know?"

Isaac was calm and composed whilst Soraya was a ball of nerves, "he loves Soraya as she does him, she wouldn't tell him I knew she wouldn't until she saw that he'd never leaved her. She hadn't told him about his past nor had she told him about her mental disorder in fear that he'd leave, by telling him I showed her he wouldn't. She told him she loved him, because she saw that he really loved her."

Soraya knew he was correct, she looked down at her blue denim jeans not knowing what to say.

"What do you think, Valentine?" Soraya didn't want to say anything but decided that she came to this session willingly, she wasn't being forced anymore so she had to speak up now.

"He's correct, he's always correct, he knows he is." Soraya sighed, "he knows be better than I know myself."

"Your boyfriend or your father?" Isaac kept his face on Dr. Eugene not prepared to look at his daughter.

"Both."

"Nobody knows you better than you know yourself, Soraya." Isaac said in his therapy tone.

Despite not owning the job anymore it wasn't just a job it was his life and it'd always remain in him.

"Do you agree with him, Valentine?" Soraya shrugged.

"I don't have to tell them what i'm thinking or how I feel they can see it."

"Just because we can read emotions well, daughter, that doesn't mean we know you better than you know yourself." Soraya loved the way he managed to do freely call her his daughter. She always felt like there was some type of attachment that she had to the therapist but she never knew what. He aggravated her heavily and often bickered with him like children because they bumped heads a lot. But Soraya understood everything he did or said was just in his best interest. He was always bad about showing his emotions.

Soraya gasped looking up at her father, "you have schizoid?" Isaac didn't say anything, "you do, don't you?" it was phrased as a question but it wasn't, "you're always so stoic and expressionless you have it too!"

"Schizoid isn't hereditary Soraya although you are more exposed to it if a parent has it," Dr. Eugene informed, "Dr. Harris is she correct?"

Isaac didn't respond at first he was trying to find the right words, "it wasn't important."

"That's not true nor is that fair." Soraya looked at him confused, "you're like fifty why didn't you get better? I got better, I'm in love now a-and I have a son and I talk more I'm taking now. In fact I'm here."

"That is amazing to see that you can express yourself and that you know you're getting better."

"Why didn't you get better?" Soraya asked accusingly as she pointed a point into her fathers direction.

Isaac didn't need to answer because Soraya had already figured it out, "you never took your pills." Soraya gasped pointing an accusing finger at him, "yet you always forced me to, that's fucked up!"

"Look how I turned out Soraya!" Dr. Harris stood up twice as fast and towering over Soraya amazingly at his 6'6 height, "I can't show my own daughter I care about her, I can't even show my husband, I can't smile a non-forced smile, I cannot love you, I cannot show you i love you, I cannot do anything Soraya. You are happy, why do you think you got to such a place?" Dr. Harris began breathing in and out rapidly before dropping back down to the sofa.

Soraya looked down at her father shocked, "I-I how couldn't I tell?"

"He masks it well doesn't he?" Dr. Eugene asked to which Soraya nodded, "as another example of someone with the personality disorder especially the exact same one you'd expect to be able to see it, but you weren't looking for it. You never thought of it as a possibility so you never took it into consideration. Have a seat please, Miss Valentine." Soraya sat down next to her father thinking over his words.

"I am fifty-four years old, Soraya. The necessary pills weren't affordable enough back in my days, I made use of every scholarship I received that's how I am where I am due to scholarships. I'd be nowhere without them."

"Why didn't you take pills when you got older?"

"By the time I had a life for myself I was twenty-eight and by that point it was useless."

"It doesn't matter how late it is, you only got me starting to properly take them when I was twenty-one and I'm getting better."

"It's different."

"Is that why you didn't take me in?"

"There's multiple reasons as to why I didn't do that."

"What are they then?"

"Fear, incapability, shame, I was foolish."

"You was 30+ years old."

"I wasn't ready Soraya and I was only thirty-six at the time."

"Isaac you was a grown ass man."

"I didn't want to accept that I may of been ready, how could I look into my daughters eyes knowing she suffered because of my selfishness?"

"Same way you are now."

"You just don't understand and you never will, Soraya."

"Then make me understand, stop running away from the truth. You are my father, I am your daughter: I understand what you're going through better than anyone else just like you do for me."

"It isn't the same Soraya, you're a twenty-one year old girl I'm a fifty-four year old man."

"I-I, please," Soraya wanted a relationship with her father, she wanted to be happy and so to be happy she had to accept everything that life threw out her with open arms.

She would be tested she knew that, she was prepared. Nothing could ruin her life anymore, she was on top of the world.

"You are asking for too much, Soraya."

"I don't think I am, father. I want you to be in my life, I should hate you for leaving me, for not taking me in nor telling me the truth but I understand. Nobody would ever understand you or what you did or why you did it like I do."

"You don't even know why." Isaac let out a humourless chuckle.

"You never felt the love of a mother nor from your father," Soraya spoke confidently and both therapists looked at her confused at what she was getting, "you never knew when your next meal was, your parents were rich but they couldn't care less about you. They never spent time with you nor did they even spare you a glance, they disregarded you because they felt as if there was something wrong with you. They sent you away and abandoned you, you had nothing not that you had anything in the first place you just had much less than before." Isaac hated how right she was, he couldn't believe she was so right. "You pushed yourself, you studied hard very hard - exceptionally hard. You detached yourself from the world, you did everything you could to have the best grades, you pushed yourself too hard, too far, too fast. You slowly killed your self all whilst the SPD was building up in you."

Both Isaac and Dr. Eugene was lost for words, "Is she correct, Dr. Harris?" Isaac looked at his daughter lost for words. He didn't know what to say.

"A stutter," Soraya looked proud of herself, "you could barely form a sentence together, you couldn't speak. You'd get bullied every time you even opened your mouth. That's why your parents sent you away." Isaac gritted his teeth together."

"Is she correct, Dr. Harris?"

"Yes." Isaac chocked out as he looked anywhere but into the brown eyes of his daughter, they were a dark chocolate brown like the colour of brownies, they looked warm and soft.

"Did I get everything right?" Isaac regretfully nodded.

"I was sent away when I was seven due to my stutter, sent to live with my grandmother in Arkon, Ohio."

"H-how did you meet my mother? What did you even see in her?" Dr. Harris sighed.

"A beautiful woman."

Despite Soraya's hatred for her mother she couldn't disagree that she want gorgeous, "when did you discover your sexuality?"

"I'm bisexual Soraya, I always have been. It was whilst on a break with your mother I found Dr. Evans and he's the man who changed it all for me. Your mother was abusive I guess, I met her in some cafe when she was a waitress. Trenton had to of been around three, we hit it off amazingly. Dated instantly, everything was great. Then she just became possessive and controlling I guess, there was always a problem with something with her. She'd put her hands on me occasionally it didn't matter though because I didn't care." Isaac chuckled flatly, "blinded by love. We then broke up one time and it was a break you could say but I knew it was for good, at least it was in my opinion. I met Hyatt when she found me sleeping with some other woman whilst we was on our 'break' she stabbed me in my chest basically and I was sent to the hospital, Dr. Evans as my doctor. He fought tooth and nail for her to be executed however she got like eight months incarceration and then was sent out on probation."

"What happened to Trenton?" Soraya never knew about anything that happened before her birth.

"Just for the record, your mother didn't abuse trenton physically however she was not that good of a mother to him. She didn't treat him well, she ignored his existence. She was too busy chasing men. Anyways abusive, hospital, met the real love of my life she told me she was pregnant six months later. I ran away to Arizona with said love of my life."

"Dr. Evans doesn't seem like the time of man to allow you to do so."

"You both found out you were my daughter at the same time. He would've never approved leaving or not taking care of you at all."

Soraya sighed not knowing where to go from here. Even Dr. Eugene was at a lost.

"Dr. Harris do you want to build a relationship with your daughter?"

"What father wouldn't."

"I'm not asking about fathers worldwide, Dr. Harris I'm asking about you and your daughter, Soraya Valentine."

"Yes, I want a relationship with my daughter." Dr. Eugene held herself back from smiling.

"Great, I will see you both next week at three pm." Soraya and Isaac both nodded as they stood to their feet and made their way out of the therapists office.

Walking down the long hallway they sat in an awkward silence, "did you quit or were you fired?"

"I quit however I would've been fired anyways and I got my license taken away."

"Because you told Hezekiah."

"Yes, no one would've known but I outed myself."

"But you're my dad so does it even count that you told my boyfriend?"

"Yes Soraya, you may be my daughter but you were also my patient."

"What do you do now?"

"Nothing, Dr. Evans makes enough for the both of us and we have an abundance of money. We're comfortably rich." They made their way out of the building.

"Do you have friends?" Soraya asked to which her father shook their head, "you wanted me to do better that's why you pushed me further." Isaac firmly nodded.

"I-I know a diner nearby, can we go to it and talk a little more?" Isaac looked at his daughter almost analysing her, he understood how much this meant to her and so for her - even though his social bar had dropped - he nodded and gestured for her to lead the way.

[I don't know if this is what everybody wanted however I hope you all understand Soraya forgave him because she wants to be happy and so to be happy she had to let go of all negativity — just like how she forgave Trenton]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.3K 58
A love story. The street way.
1K 60 15
And I'll be in denial for a little while What about the plans we made📖
900K 37.8K 53
|𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲| /𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻/ 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿...
59.9K 2.8K 34
A captivating love story for the ages! ⚠️ Mature Content!