π€πƒπ€πŒπ€π’

By yoriixgu

❝𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 π˜πŽπ” 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‡πŽπ‘π‘πˆπ…π˜πˆππ† 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ•π„ π“π€πˆπ‹π„πƒ π…πŽπ— 𝐓�... More

π€πƒπ€πŒπ€π’
ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πŽπ— 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐘 π‚π‡π€πˆππ’
𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 ππŽπ”ππƒπ’
ππŽπ’π“π€π‹π†πˆπ€ πˆπ’ 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

𝐒𝐇𝐄 πˆπ’ 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄

1.7K 140 94
By yoriixgu

ADAMAS

'I feel cold.'

'it's so cold.'

'everything is cold, everyone is cold. my body feels cold. my mind feels cold. why is it so cold?
why do I continue to be the unfortunate one,
always standing at the short end of the stick?'

'it's not fair..'

'its not fair.'

'it's not fair!'

'i want to feel warm!'

'i want to be hot!'

'i want fire!'

'I WANT TO BURN!"

'then take my hand, little one.'

'for you shall gain the warmth
you so desperately crave.'

'what if i take your hand? will
i no be longer cold?'

'will I be warm?'

'will I be hot?'

'will I have fire?'

"will you give me freedom?"

"..."

"I shall give you freedom."

"Hello, Tsukimi Kasai. It is
a pleasure to meet you."

"It is definitely not a pleasure to meet you." Tsukimi voiced in venom, peeling her golden hues open to see a hesitant Amane and a smiling man next to her. He was a man of fair skin, with shoulder-length ebony hair that looked soft to the touch and gentle lavender eyes. So gentle they held the possibility of calming the raging storm within her with a simple gaze. She looked at the purple skin that was rotting away from his forehead, stopping just above his eyes. The curse mark that sparked familiarity within her.

"That is...to be expected." Kagaya chuckled, despite seeing no humor in her yellow eyes. He only saw a burning flame within her gaze, ready to explode and engulf their beings. The chains that held her captive lightly shook as Tsukimi tried to stretch her limbs, causing the guards surrounding them to tense.

On her lips was a clear scowl, glaring at the couple with nothing but irritation and her eyebrows wrinkled in distaste. The yokai licked her dry lips before speaking. "Why are you here?" She vocalized harshly, irises roaming to the woman next to him with little to no humor. "...Again."

"You think bringing your sickly master to
me will suddenly make me help you? How foolish."

"I don't want to see any of your dirty blooded family, no matter what century." She sneered, mocking them by rattling her chains against the walls. Her eyes glowed a terrible gleam in the merely illuminated room, expressing her resentment.

"That's the least you can do for me. The smell of your rotting skin might cause me a bit night terrors." Amane saw from the corner of her eyes the way her husband winced from her harsh words yet continued to smile. Anger clawed at her heart towards the fire kitsune, but she bit it down.

She didn't know what her husband's plan was, but all she knew was that they had to succeed in gaining Tsukimi's favor. Even if it meant swallowing down her bitter taunts.

"Now that I think of it.." A vicious grin crawled into her lips. "The men in your family still can't live up to thirty correct?" She laughed, their silence confirming her question. "I imagine how difficult it was for you to come here. How sad, you humans still haven't found a way to defeat that ugly piece of shit and now that you couldn't do it yourselves, you decide to come to me?"

"How weak! How pitiful!"

"You're so...pathetic!"

"Watch your words when speaking to Oyakata sama monster!" A guard, angered by her jabs directed towards his master yelled. grabbing the rod and prepared to attack the crazed woman, but Kagaya raised a hand, prompting the man to halt. "Don't." He murmured as Tsukimi continued to laugh, booming through the prison like an echo.

"It's fine."

The anger diminished within the guard's body, being replaced by a sense of serenity and he slowly drew the rod back, nodding to his master. He retreated back to his spot, but not before giving Tsukimi a nasty glare.

"Aw, what a loyal dog." The kitsune cooed, her laughing dying down to nothing but a snort. His glare only fueling to her amusement.

"Kagaya.." Amane muttered, watching with anxious eyes and a thumping heart as her husband approached closer to the chained fox. No hatred nor hostility reflected in his eyes. He held nothing against her words. Only sympathy.

"May everyone..leave?"

Amane and the guards present stood aghast at the outrageous question. Clearly against such a thing. Tsukimi rose an eyebrow at this, contemplating whether he was brave or just stupid.

"Oyakata-sama this-!"

"I assure you no harm will be done to me." Kagaya hummed, looking at his wife with a confident smile. "I have something to discuss with Tsukimi, and I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it heard by anyone in this room."

It was silent, no one wanted to move. But..not moving would be going against their leader's orders. One by one, reluctant footsteps began to file out the room. The guards flashed Kagaya worried glances, some muttering how could such a kind being like their leader exist in this cruel existence of theirs.

"We...will be waiting outside." Amane gave her husband a short nod, and walked out the room. Her heart continued to thump rapidly inside her chest, despite her blank face. She trusted her husband, praying deep in her heart that whatever his plan was, would work in their favor.

"You're stupid."

"I am, aren't I?" Kagaya fluttered his eyes close and laughed, the sound smooth and sweet in the ears of the blonde fox. "Tsukimi Kasai. Now that we are alone, I hope you know that I don't hold you against your past mistakes as my ancestors once did in the past. None of them...were your fault." Tsukimi rolled her eyes, looking away from the smiling man.

"Oh don't humor me." With dull eyes she looked down at her chains, staring them down with her gaze.

"If that were true, then why am I still
in by these chains?"

"You can get out of those chains by yourself." Kagaya watched as Tsukimi stilled from his words, confirming his suspicions. "Those chains are too weak to keep you to here, you could have burned them, burn this prison down and escaped..and yet you didn't. Correct?"

A growl ripped through Tsukimi's lips, face wrinkled into a grimace. "What lies are you going on about? Are you crazy? These are fire resistant, my powers have gotten weaker over time. Stop speaking nonsense and leave."

"You stayed in this place for centuries, to make yourself the common enemy, to make everyone hate you. Why is that, Tsukimi Kasai?" Tsukimi's body shook, her pupils shrinking into slits, golden yellow irises glowing with a ray of blazing emotions.

"Oi, are you deaf? I'm serious. Stop talking, I said enough!"

"Even when the guards despise you, you don't want to hurt them no? Is that why you haven't done anything to them? Or is because you can't harm humans?"

"You-"

"You blame yourself don't you?"

"SHUT UP!"

Kagaya became silent.

"You damn Ubayashikis." She snarled. "Always in everyone's business! You don't know shit! You weren't even in existence when I was there! So Stick your nose somewhere else. I've killed many humans before, so stop acting as if I have morals and get the fuck out!"

"I don't need you in my business! So don't butt in it! Do you realize I'm a monster? Did you forget I'm not human? Do you realize I can snap your pathetic life and throw out your corpse to that wife of yours?"Her breath became ragged as she continued her rant.

"Right and wrong, morals, honor, that never applies to us. Because you are afraid of us. You humans are afraid of what we can do. So you push us away and harm us until we decide to fight back and are then called evil!"

"Are you referring to..your kind?"

Tsukimi scoffed. "Who else! The damn demons?" She replied, voice oozing with sarcasm. Rubbing her temple, she waved him off. "Just leave..leave please."

He nodded, seeing how much he had angered her. "I understand. I..apologize Tsukimi Kasai."

"I don't need your fucking apology, keep it to yourself."

Kagaya lingered in his spot for a few seconds, and then turned around, walking away from the poorly kept cage. Tsukimi turning her back from him.

But, for a moment, he paused.

And opened his lips.

"..I'm sure ▇▇▇▇▇▇ would agree with me, no?"

He gave her a side glance to see her reaction. Seeing nothing, he let out a sigh and continued his way in the dimly lit hallway.

Tsukimi's eyes dimmed. She buried her face into her knees, tears threatening to escape her eyes and roll down her face.

"Stupid Ubayashiki family." She muttered, sniffling. "They're all the damn same. No matter what century."

"Forgive me Tsukimi....truly forgive me.."

"It was never your fault."

"Oyakata sama!" Kagaya closed the door meeting the faces of relieved guards and his wife.

"S-She didn't hurt you did she?" One of the guards asked. "We heard loud shouting." Kagaya shook his head.

"No, that was all Tsukimi."

Another guard elbowed his comrade. "That monster wouldn't dare touch Oyakata sama. She would be dead before she could even touch a strain of his hair! We're strong enough to kill her." Kagaya gave the arrogant guards a tight smile as Amane walked next to him.

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you." He spoke, making the guards turn their heads in surprise.

"Huh?"

"It's always good to be cautious. Being complacent like that, especially in such a world like ours will get you killed." He felt their eyes on him as he walked with Amane towards the exit. He turned to them with a beaming smile as the door began to close.

"Just a little word of advice."

"Let's start walking." He murmured, Amane already holding his arm and the two began their walk.

"Did it work?" Amane suddenly asked. Kagaya looked down at her, giving her a genuine smile.

"My plan?"

"What else would I be referring to?"

He laughed, taking out a rusty old key out from the sleeve of his haori. "It worked."

"She is free."

Amane looked at the rusty key before staring at her husband. "You are so reckless. I'm not even surprised." The taller man could only giggle as his wife sighed, wiping her forehead. She was sweating a lot, now that she realized it. She began to feel terribly hot, as if it was they were put into an inferno.

"When did it get so hot? Isn't it spring?" The white-haired woman exclaimed, beads of sweat rolling down her back.

"It's her."

Amane looked at her lover incredulously. "..Who-" It quickly clicked in her head and her eyes widened. "Don't tell me-!"

"I told you didn't I?" He chuckled, bringing his index finger to his lips. "She is free."

An loud explosion was heard from the building of which they came from. Amane jumped, and the couple whipped their heads to the alarming sound, only to gaze in awe.

A glorious, flamboyant, fire erupted from the side of Tsukimi's prison, roaring into the skies and causing panic in the hearts of the guards. Screams of terror and fear were heard throughout the prison, as guards ran for their lives. In fear of the kitsune taking their life.

"TSUKIMI KASAI ESCAPED!"

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!"

"IT'S SO HOT I FEEL LIKE IM BURNING!"

"PLEASE- PLEASE SPARE ME! I- ARGHH!"

"It's a wonderful day isn't it." Oyakata hummed, chills running down his spine as he heard laughter not so far from him. Humorless laughter. The laugher of one driven to insanity.

"It is isn't it?" A voice purred from the flames, the devouring flames parted like the red sea, revealing its master. Blood decorated her pale, hands, sharp red nails ready to sink into those that anger her. In a grin shown her perfectly white teeth, canines sharp and prominent. She let out a blissful sigh, cupping her cheek and smearing her face with the blood of her victims. "Hmm I missed this, so so much!" She cackled.

"You- you killed him." Amane muttered, looking down at her hand, that held the head of the warden of prison. Expression fixed in horror. The woman flinched as she met eyes with the kitsune, they held the stare for a few long moments. Her golden slits tearing into her soul as she gave her wild smile.

"Oh him?" Tsukimi laughed as she brought his head to her eye level. She mockingly tilted her head, a fake pout presented on her lips. "He wasn't really a good person anyways. He was a serial rapist and embezzled in the money of the corps as a warden, how could I pass such an opportunity that up?"

She grinned. "He also loved to beat me and with that damn rod, but it's okay now." She kissed the corpse's forehead. It would seem affectionate if it wasn't so disturbing. "Because he's now dancing with the devil in hell!"

"Seriously Ubayashiki, we need to talk about the people you're hiring!"

He nodded. "I see, thank you for such thoughtful advice Tsukimi." Tsukimi threw the head into the sea of flames, licking the dry blood of her hands clean. Amane and Kagaya turned away from the gut-wrenching sight.

"You know," She started, looking at the pair as the fire slowly dispersed. "I'm feeling a bit nice right now since you freed me, so I'll spare your lives."

"Tell me, what do you want?"

The pale man smiled.

"Tsukimi Kasai."

"Join the demon corps."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
825K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...