Love So Far

By StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... More

Second Chances
Hani
Forgiveness
Tragedy Brings Us Together
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Sleepover
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
Celebrations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
New Bonds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

Emotions

3.3K 197 309
By StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Jasmina

"For once, control your son!" I snapped at Fariha, making everyone stare at us, after Saad popped a balloon in front of Hania, making her cry.

I had snapped after all the incidents involving Hania and Saad. First, he left her on the street alone, then he said a horrible thing that 'she didn't die!', and now this. How was I not suppose to feel resentment? I know he was a kid, but he was seven, not three! 

"I'm sorry, Bhabi..." Fariha began. 

My mother came to my side and grabbed my arm, quietly saying, "Jasmina, what is this behaviour?"

"I didn't mean to scare her. I thought she would like it." Saad told me, his eyes wide. 

"Jazzy, beta, look, Hani's fine." Arhaan Bhai told me, as he held my daughter, who was now tugging at her older Mamu's beard. Even though Bhai's beard is quite trimmed, Hania seemed to want to try and pull at it, and Bhai was happy to ler her do so.

"Fariha, beta, I'm sorry on Jasmina's behalf." My Ammi told my Nand. "She's a mother and she got anxious seeing Hania cry." 

"No, Ammi. I should apologise myself." I didn't want a Sadia-Jasmina repeat with me and Fariha. Fariha meant too much to me. "I'm sorry, Fariha. You're a brilliant mother, and you have done an excellent job raising the boys, even before Zafar Bhai entered your life." 

Fariha smiled at me, looking relieved.

But as everybody went back to enjoying the party, Zafar Bhai approached me as I sat on my own, worn out already. "Bhabi, listen, I understand your concerns." He spoke quietly as he took a seat opposite me. "But as you can imagine, the kids have been through a lot, and it will take some time to get them on the right path. We're working on it." 

"I know." I sighed. "But when it comes to Hania, I'm very overprotective. I don't want her getting hurt in all of this." 

"Hania means the world to Fariha as well." He said. "And if her children to something wrong against Hania, Fariha will be the first one to stop them, and you know it."

I nodded.

As I glanced around the room, I saw Sadia Bhabi looking our way, eyebrows furrowed slightly. What the heck is her problem?

"You and Fariha are doing an amazing job with the kids." I turned back to Zafar Bhai, ignoring Sadia Bhabi because I didn't have the patience for her dramas anywhere. "Ma Sha Allah. I'm sorry if my words made you both feel otherwise. I just snapped." 

"I understand. I'm a parent now as well, so I understand your fear very well." He nodded.

We chatted for a while, because why not? We were practically family, being married to the Ali siblings.

****

Fariha

"Doesn't that bother you?" Sadia Bhabi asked me, as I rocked Zaid in my arms.

"What?" I looked up at her, and she nodded towards where Zafar sat, chatting to Jasmina Bhabi. "Why would that bother me?" 

"Well, it's not a secret that Zafar used to be in love with Jasmina." She shrugged.

"Dosron ke characters pe ungliyan uthane ka shauk hai kya aap ko?" I asked, keeping my tone calm so as to not startled my baby son.

*"Do you enjoy pointing fingers at other people's characters?"

"I'm just saying. Jasmina doesn't have a good history either. Girls like her are not very..."

"Astaghfirullah!" I literally felt sick at her words. "She's my Bhabi, and is expecting my Bhai's second child. How dare you?" I took a deep breath. "I'll go and get Bhai, and you can warn him." I turned and walked away from here. I had no intention to tell my brother about this, especially not on his daughter's birthday, but if that was the only way to shut Sadistic Bhabi up, then so be it.

****

Ahad

"Of course Mumani is upset!" Omar was quietly telling his younger brother, Saad, as I passed them by to get more cake for Ismael, who had asked me with an adorable expression. "You left Hania out on the street by herself, on purpose. Of course Mumani would be angry about that. She's her Mama." 

What the f**k? I frowned. Hania was left on the street alone? My jaw clenched as I thought about the amount of times Fatima Aunty had flipped out at our family when Hania was a newborn, and till now. She'd always acted like Hania only meant something to her Dadiyal.

I felt like immediately going over to Zafar and asking him about it, but then I reminded myself that it was Hania's birthday, and that I couldn't ruin it.

However, I was not the only one who had heard Omar and Saad's conversation, and trust me, there are some people in the world who basically live for drama. 

"What?!" Sadia Bhabi's loud gasp made me turn. "You left Hania out on the street by herself? Astaghfirullah! What kind of kids is Fariha raising? Truly like their biological father!" 

And her words made me realise one thing: as a grown man in my late twenties, I had behaved in a horrible way, so who was I to judge a kid more than two decades younger than me? I had been through a similar stage as Saad, but much later in my life, and if I had earned forgiveness, I had no right to be feeling mad at Saad, who had already experienced a lot of crap in the seven years of his life.

I walked over to where the boys were standing, looking up at Sadia Bhabi, anxiously. "Boys, come on. You want to see my bike?" I knew for a fact that they both adored my motorcycle. 

"Yes!" Saad forgot about Bhabi's harsh words. 

I turned to face Bhabi before I followed them out. "Bhabi, I don't know what happened that day, but you have no right to criticise or judge unless your own kid was involved. And please think a few times before saying such harsh stuff about kids. Psychologically, this can have a very negative impact on them, and as a doctor you should know that." I then strode outside, to show the boys my motorcycle. 

Zoya followed and we watched as the boys admired the bike. She slipped her hand in mine. "You know how s*xy you are, when you're standing up for someone else?" 

I smiled. She must have heard what I'd said to Sadia Bhabi. "It's like she can't tolerate even one family event without drama." I shook my head. "What the hell did my poor Bhai do to deserve her?" 

"Don't say things like that, Ahad." She said. "We have no right to judge anyone, no matter how angry they make us." 

"Why do I have a feeling that there's going to be more drama?" I sighed. 

****

After a while, Zoya and I returned inside with the boys, where the party was just wrapping up. 

"Jasmina, why don't you and Hania come and stay the night tonight?" Ammi asked my sister. "Obviously, Fawad, you're more than welcome as well." She smiled at Fawad Bhai.

"Excellent idea! Hani Jaani needs to spend some time with her Mamus as well." I grinned, looking at my niece, who was having a baby conversation with Ismael. "And look, they're friends already." 

Everyone looked at the toddlers, and said 'Ma Sha Allah'.

"Sounds fun!" Zoya agreed. "Jasmina, come on." 

Jazzy glanced at Fawad Bhai, who looked like he was a little hesitant.

"One thing's a guarantee: Jasmina's siblings would look after Hania better." Sadia Bhabi had to mix her bitterness into this.

"What's that supposed to me?!" Arhaan Bhai frowned at her. "Sadia, for once, just..."

"Oh? Your best friend didn't tell you about what happened with Hania?" Bhabi scoffed. "Of course he didn't. The Ali family has a history of creating a fuss when someone else is even the slightest bit negligent towards Hania, but they hide up their own faults." 

 "Sadia, for God's sake!" Bhai snapped at her.

"What are you even saying, Sadia?" Ammi asked.

"Saad left Hania on the street alone." Sadia Bhabi told everyone.

My parents looked shocked, as did Arhaan Bhai. I guess everybody thought of the incident where a newborn Hania had fell from her exhausted mother's arms onto cushions that had been specifically set up for that purpose. Fatima Aunty had created a huge scene over it, and had even slapped Jazzy because of it. 

"Saad's a child." Jazzy said. "And we shouldn't drag kids into family politics."

"Yes, but surely, his mother should have known what he was up to." Bhabi pointed out.

"This is exactly why I'm hesitating in sending you and Hania there." Fawad Bhai looked at Jasmina. "This never-ending drama is too much." 

"Fawad Bhai, we'll always be around the two." Zoya promised. "We'll take care of them both. Jasmina hasn't stayed with us for a night in a very long time." 

"Fawad, let them go." Fatima Aunty said. "As a mother, I can understand that Afreen would want her daughter to stay over as well." 

"Beta, I guarantee you." This time Papa spoke up. "Nobody will make my daughter feel unwelcome in my home again, in my lifetime." 

As the oldest among our generation, Fawad Bhai can refuse us, but he can't refuse the generation above, not his own parents or my parents. He nodded. "I don't want to offend you or Aunty in any way. My hesitation was simply because..."

"We know." Papa nodded. "But you have my word. That's still my house, and I'm still Jasmina's father, which means that my daughter doesn't have to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome there."

I grinned. "Well, the patriarch has spoken. Get your stuff, Jazzy. You and Hani Jaani are coming with us, no further arguments." 

****

Jasmina

"Pareshan ho?" Fawad asked me as he helped me pack mine and Hania's stuff. 

*"Are you worried?"

"Maine kabhi nahin socha tha ke mujhe apne hi Papa aur Ammi ke ghar jaane se pehle dus dafa sochna parega." I sighed, folding up Hania's dresses.

*"I never thought that I had to think ten times before going to my own parents' house." 

"Don't forget Hani Doll." He smiled, nodding towards our daughter's 'baby'. "And don't forget your vitamins." He was helping with Hani's stuff, because let's face it, children (especially babies and toddlers) have a lot of stuff that parents have to take along everywhere they go. And then he looked at me. "Even though Hania is only two, but I can honestly speak as her father that there's nobody in this entire world who can prevent my daughter from coming to my house in my lifetime, so I can totally understand how your father feels. As for me, our home will always be Hania's and Iman's, even after they're married, I can imagine that your father feels the same about you." 

"But, once the sons of a family are married, the house belongs to the daughters-in-law, as per culture." I sighed.

"Even if we have a son after Iman, I'll see how anyone stops my daughters." He smiled. "And that cultural belief makes zero sense. You parents have worked hard their entire lives to build a home together, so how can they not have a say about how comes and goes there, at the end of the day? I mean, they've given birth to and raised those sons, so they should have the first right over a family home in their lifetimes. But that's just my opinion."

"Is that right?" I asked, teasingly. "Main to samajh rahi thi ke mera is ghar pe Ammi aur Papa se zayada haq hai? After all, is ghar ki badi aur akloti bahu hoon." I winked at him.

*"I thought that I had more of a right over this house than Ammi and Papa? After all, I'm the elder and the only daughter-in-law of this house."

"Agar tumhari aisi mentality hoti to mujhe shayad tumse pyar hi na hota." He said, as he grabbed a couple of Hania's nappy bags. Although Hania was now slightly toilet-trained, we still had nappies as a back-up because she still didn't seem to realise that she needed to go until it was too late. Ever since we got to Lahore, my mother-in-law had been helping me with trying to train her even more, and she said that we had to remain patient as some kids don't properly learn until they were three. The way Ammi was around Hania, patient and loving, I sometimes found it hard to believe that she was still the same strict Saas from my early days of marriage.

*"If you had that mentality, then I might not be in love with you."

"Fawad ko to unki Mina se hi pyar hona tha, manain ya na manain." I said, dramatically.

*"Fawad had to fall in love with his Mina, whether you admit it or not."

He gave me a smile that almost stopped my heart. "You're absolutely right about that." He leaned down and kissed me so tenderly, taking extra care like I was fragile or something. 

Even after almost three years of marriage, whenever he kissed me I felt butterflies in my stomach. I got that feeling you get when your crush notices you and smiles at you. I got the feeling of being newly in love. My heart realised that this was the man who truly values and understands it, and not just because it was his medical speciality, but because it literally only beats for him. As our lips moved together in a kiss that had seemingly transported us to a world of our own, I realised that I wanted him. Now. I was feeling annoyed at the fact that everyone was waiting downstairs for us.

He seemed to want the same thing, because he pulled away, and keeping an arm wrapped around me, he grabbed his phone from his pocket. 

"Kya kar rahain hain?" I asked, confused.

*"What are you doing?" 

"Intezaam." He replied, cryptically.

*"Arrangement."

"Ahad?" He said. "Listen, Jasmina is a little tired, so she's going to rest." He winked at me. "I'll drop her off later." He paused as he heard his reply. "Yaar, no not ice cream. Hani has had too much sweet stuff already, but sure, if you want, you and Zoya can take her out on a drive, but not on your motorcycle. That's forbidden."

*Before anyone comments, no, he doesn't know that his sister almost took Hani out on a motorcycle with Zafar, so he's not a hypocrite. :D

I shook my head, grinning at my husband's almost uncharacteristic cheekiness. He must want me as much as I want him. And a husband and wife deserve some 'couple time', even after kids and even when the wife was pregnant.

"Okay, well, I'll bring Mina and the stuff later, don't worry." He ended the call after a while, and almost careless tossed the phone onto the bedside table. "Now...where were we?" 

"He would know what we're up to." I blushed at the thought.

"So? It's not anyone's business what I do with my wife in the privacy of our bedroom." He shrugged, unbuttoning his shirt and pulling it off.

I giggled softly as he started kissing me again. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I lost myself in our passionate embrace once again.

We were always going to have drama in our lives, that was guarantee. But I wanted romance with my husband as well, and for a brief period of time, I wanted to get away from all the family politics and just be Fawad's Mina. 

I had no idea how long we spent intimately in bed, but at that point, I was only focused on the amazing feelings that only arose inside me because of this incredible man. 

S*xual intimacy is very important between a married couple, no doubt, but when it's with someone you love as much as I loved Fawad, it's a mindblowing, out-of-this-world experience. With every touch, every kiss and even every word, he made me feel like I was this incredibly beautiful and amazing person, close to perfection. I know that I wasn't, but the way he treated me made me feel like that, and that increased my love for him even more. 

The way a spouse makes you feel has a huge impact on your marriage, and that was a fact. How can you have a happy marriage if you are constantly degraded or abused, regardless of gender? On the other hand, there are people who still don't realise the value of an incredibly loving and caring spouse, and those people are the truly unfortunate ones.

After our quick, but incredible, lovemaking session, for a while I just lay there, unable to believe my luck. My love for Fawad had now become like a personality trait, almost my second nature. It was now one of the defining characteristics of Mrs Jasmina Fawad. 

He, meanwhile, lovingly stroked my belly, smiling at it. "I already thought you were incredibly beautiful, but somehow, you being the mother of my children has greatly increased your beauty."

"My daughters are so lucky to have you as a father." I whispered, my eyes filling up as I stared at him. "The way you have always treated me, I hope you get rewarded for it when our daughters end up with good husbands as well, In Sha Allah." 

"Plenty of time for that, but In Sha Allah." He kissed my stomach. 

I sat up, pulling on Fawad's discarded shirt, as tears ran down my face. I had no idea I was crying, but if I had to guess, I would say it was because I was overwhelmed by love for him. "Allah aap ko achi sehat de, lambi umbar de, aur kamyabi de, aur aapko har burai, pareshani, buri nazar aur takleef se bachaye. Ameen. Subah, shaam main aapke liye dua karti hoon aur marte dam tak karti rahoon gi, kyunke jo izzat, khushi aur pyar aap ne mujhe diya hai, main to khud ko uske kaabil samajhti bhi nahin hoon." 

*"May Allah bless you with good health, a long life, success, and may He protect you from all evil, worries, evil eye and pain/problems. Ameen. Day and night I pray for you, and I will till the day I die, because the respect, happiness and love that you have given me, I don't even consider myself worthy of it all."

"Allah is the one who decides who's worthy or not, and if you are happy with me, it's because He is the one who thinks that you're worthy of this love and happiness." He said. "You're giving me way too much credit."

I leaned forward and kissed him softly. "I love you. Don't miss me too much tonight."

He chuckled. "I love you too, and believe me, I won't."

"Fawad!" I glared at him, lightly slapping his bare shoulder.

I think neither of us wanted to leave this special bubble of ours, but we had to. My parents were eagerly waiting for me, and God knows how much Ahad Bhai and Zoya Bhabi were spoiling Hania.

**Okay, I'm guilty of writing about them a lot.  These two are my favourite couple EVER to write about. BUT, Ahad/Zoya and Zafar/Fari fans, I won't let you all be disappointed. You will get cute and romantic scenes with them as well.**

****

Zoya

After a drive around the city, in our car, we returned home with a happy Hania. Her parents were not wrong when they had said that she loved car rides.

She practically skipped into the house, into the awaiting arms of her Nano. 

"Jazzy not here yet?" Ahad asked.

"No, poor girl must have been really tired from the party. It's difficult during pregnancy." Ammi said, sympathetically.

Ahad and I exchanged knowing grins. I think, despite years of marriage and having kids and grandchildren, the older generation was still a little innocent when it comes to this subject.

"Come on, Hani. Nano and Hani will watch a Disney film until Mama gets here." Ammi took little Hania inside.

Ahad and I watched, smiling, as Hania settled onto the sofa, leaning against her Nano.

Then my husband wrapped his arm around my shoulders and steered me towards the stairs. "Good idea." He whispered. "Ammi and Papa can watch over Hani for a while, while you and I can..." He grinned, cheekily.

"Did everyone in our generation drink a love potion or something tonight?" I whispered back.

"Aapse pyar karne ke liye kisi love potion ki zaroorat nahin hai, sweetheart." He kissed my cheek as we approached our room.

*"I don't need a love potion to love you, sweetheart."

We entered our bedroom, and Ahad unintentionally slammed our bedroom door too hard as he shut it.

"Ahad!" I glared at him. "People are going to think that we're up to no good."

"But, we are up to no good." He winked, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer. 

*WARNING*: Slightly mature scenes ahead!

Ahad was s*xy, and I mean really s*xy. He had that hot bad boy vibe, but he also had a warmth in his eyes that gave away his true softie nature. 

"Waise, Dr Ahad, apne abs jab aap mujhse chupate hain to mujhe acha nahin lagta." I bit his lip almost in a teasing way. 

*"Dr Ahad, I don't like it when you hide your abs from me."

"A very creative way to say that you want my shirt off, baby." He immediately obliged and pulled off the piece of cloth that was covering his Adonis-worthy torso. 

"You know what?" I said. "I'm taking charge tonight." I pressed my hands against his chest and began to lightly push him backwards, towards our bed. He was smiling because I knew very well that my man loved it when I got bossy. He said that was the s*xiest side of me, which boosted my confidence to a sky-high level.

He fell backwards on the bed and I leaned over him as he laughed. "There's my warrior princess." 

I bent down and nibbled at his earlobe. Once upon a time, in his 'bad boy' days, he had it pierced, but ever since I'd met him, I'd never seen him wearing anything in there. I felt his hands slid up my shirt, over my bare waist and back. I pulled off my shirt, our gazes continuously locked.

"Thank you, Zo. You helped me return to the right path." His fingers grazed my bare skin, causing me to almost moan due to the feelings that his touch was causing inside me.

"People don't get on the right path if they aren't genuinely willing to do so." I said. "Now, shh... no more talking." 

"Whatever you say, boss." His eyes sparkled with mischief as I bent closer and started kissing and biting the skin of his neck. 

I felt his hands over my back and waist, and I felt like I was on fire. I began to slowly move up his jawline, pecked his lips, and then moved down his jaw on other side. 

He then tangled his hands through my curls, just the way I liked it. I sighed in content as he turned my head and kissed my neck, my bare shoulders. "I love you so much, Zoya Ahad Sheikh."

"God, I love it when you utter my full name." I whispered and I pressed my lips against his, deeply kissing him. "And I love you too, Dr Ahad Sheikh." 

We had a long and an intense make-out session, after which we finally decided that we'd waited long enough. As he reached for protection, I stopped him. "I want to start seriously trying." 

A cute smile lit up his entire face and he nodded wordlessly, before he leaned over me, kissing me as our bodies united. 

****

Zafar

*The following dialogues would mostly be in Urdu, as I pictured them in Urdu, but there would be  translations, as usual.*

"Aap ek kaam karain, aur Bhabi se akele main baatein na kiya karein." Fari told me as we got into our room that night.

*"Do one thing and don't talk to Bhabi alone."

I stared at her shocked. "Yeh aap kaisi baat kar rahi hain, Fariha?"

*"What are you saying, Fariha?" 

"Sadia Bhabi ki baatein meri dil ko chubti hai. Itni karwi, giri hui baatein karti hain."

*"Sadia Bhabi's words pierce my heart. Such bitter, cheap/disgusting words."

I began to change my clothes, shaking my head. "Jasmina Bhabi aapki badi bhabi hain, aur us rishte se meri bhi, yaar. Practically family hain hum. Kya ghalat kar diya hum ne?"

*"Jasmina Bhabi is your elder sister-in-law, and in that sense mine too. We're practically family. What did we do wrong?"

"Aap mere sab kuch hain, Zafar." Fariha had tears in her eyes. "Aur Bhabi meri behnon jaisi hain aur mere bhai ki sab kuch hain woh. Main nahin bardasht kar sakti ini ghatiya baatein aap donon ke khilaaf.

*"You are my everything, Zafar."
"And Bhabi is like my sister, and everything to my brother. I can't tolerate such disgusting words against either of you."

"To Sadia Bhabi ki wajah se hum apni rishtedari bhool jayein? Aap ki aur Fawad Bhai ki wajah se ek rishta hai mera aur Jasmina Bhabi ka. Sadia Bhabi to bahir waali hain, laikin hum saare to ek hi family se linked hain, na? Unki wajah se hum apne rishte kyun kharab karein?" I was frustrated by all this.

*"So we forget our relationships because of Sadia Bhabi? Jasmina Bhabi and I are related through you and Fawad Bhai. Sadia Bhabi is an outsider, but we all are one family, right? Why should we ruin our relationships because of her?"

She shook her head. "I'm not saying that. But, please, for my sake, when we are around Sadia Bhabi, don't talk to Jasmina Bhabi alone."

I sighed, glancing away. Before Fari and I got married, I was aware of the drama that these families faced, but now I was involved in it as well. I hated family politics, especially when there were kids involved. Umair's family politics was the reason Saad was acting up, and now there was a danger of all the kids of this generation somehow being involved in this: Omar, Zaid, Hania, Ismael and Ibrahim. While Fari and I, Fawad Bhai and Jasmina Bhabi and even Arhaan Bhai tried to keep our kids away from it, Sadia Bhabi seemed to be hell bent on dragging everyone into it. Meanwhile, Ahad and Zoya Bhabi always tried to keep themselves out of it, unless it directly hurt someone they loved or cared about. "Fine."

"Thank you." Fariha smiled at me, grabbing my hand. "I really appreciate you agreeing to it."

"But I really hope this isn't because you don't trust me and Jasmina Bhabi." I whispered, looking into her eyes.

She shook her head. "I don't trust anyone more than you, Zafar. And I have known Jasmina Bhabi since she was born. She made wrong decisions, but she is completely faithful to my brother." She reached out for me, but I stepped back.

"I'm tired, Fariha." I sighed, turning to head to the bathroom.

The only sound in the room behind me was of the ceiling fan, as Fariha stood there, speechlessly.

There was too much drama and my head hurt too much just thinking about it.

****

I went up to the roof to think things through. 

The truth was that I wanted Fariha to fall asleep before I went back into our room. I wasn't sure if I was overreacting, or whether I should have just accepted her request without an argument.

I had no remaining feelings for Jasmina Bhabi left, not even one percent. I just had a respect for her as Fariha's elder Bhabi. And I certainly didn't think that Sadia Bhabi's words should cause differences between us all. 

I loved Fariha with all my heart, but I was now worried that she didn't trust me enough. Maybe somewhere deep down, she still feared that I had feelings for Jasmina Bhabi. And I guess, I could understand her point of view, as my wife. I just had to be understanding and calm with her. If this made Fariha happy, then so be it. And besides, she only said not to speak to Bhabi alone, so it wasn't such a huge deal. 

I headed back downstairs and saw that Fari was still up. She looked at me wide eyed as I entered the bedroom and closed the door. 

"Do you hate me?" She whispered. "Do you think that I'm being petty?" 

"I can never hate you, Fari." I replied, walking up to her and sitting down in front of her, facing her. "In fact, it's flattering how protective you are of me, how you can't hear a word against me." 

"If anyone says a word against you, I feel offended and insulted." She grabbed my hand. "Today, Sadia Bhabi seriously crossed her limits, Zafar. She maligned your character, as well as Jasmina Bhabi's. I didn't tell Bhai, otherwise he would have thrown her out of the house that instant." 

"Kuch logon ko to sirf Allah hi hidayat de sakta hai." I kissed Fari's hand. 

*"Some people can only be brought on the right path by Allah."

"Aur kuch log zindagi main kabhi nahin sudharte." She said, almost bitterly.

*"And some people never change for the better."

We were yet to see which one Sadia Bhabi was. 

****

Jasmina

I rested my head in Ammi's lap in my old room that night. I'd missed this so much that tears escaped my eyes.

Once, Sadia Bhabi had tried to change this room into the kids' nursery, but Papa had put his foot down and said that this room would remain mine in his lifetime. 

She stroked my head lovingly and we were talking quietly. "Tum khush ho, Ahad khush hai. Alhumdulillah. Bas ab Allah Arhaan ko bhi khushi aur sakoon ataa farmade. Ameen."

*"You are happy, Ahad is happy. Alhumdulillah.  Now I hope that Allah blesses Arhaan with happiness and peace. Ameen."

"Ameen." I said. 

I had been surprised to see that my parents had set up a cot bed for toddlers in this room, and they had done that as soon as they had heard that we were coming to Lahore. It had made me feel even worse now, knowing that they had done this while I hadn't even thought about coming over here to stay the night. I loved Ammi and Papa, and I would have stayed almost every night with them happily, but self-respect is very important, but even more than that, I absolutely hated the way Hania had been treated as a seven-month-old baby, and I didn't want a repeat of that. 

Currently, Hania was asleep on her cot bed. By the wall, where my old bookshelf used to stand, were not three shelves on which rested various stuffed todays that Zoya Bhabi and Ahad Bhai had picked out especially for Hania. 

The very room where I had grown up was now filled with reminders of Hania's existence, and therefore, also of my identity as Mrs Jasmina Fawad. God, it felt weird to come back to your childhood bedroom after marriage, and especially once you've become a parent.

I closed my eyes, smiling. I thought of the young, fiesty Jasmina Sheikh: her parents' spoiled and pampered princess, protected and sheltered both by her parents and her older brothers. I had been used to getting my own way, and had lived a life of luxury, in a very carefree manner. To be honest, those all still applied to me. Fawad pampered me completely, and had been doing so even before Hania. I still lived a luxurious life, but now I was more careful about spending because what I didn't realise as a teenager living under her parents' roof, I had realised as a wife: people worked damn hard to earn money and it was selfish and thoughtless of unnecessarily blowing it on stuff. I suppose that was one way that I had grown.

Once, I didn't see Fawad for two whole days, and when he had finally come home, he slept for twelve hours straight. It was honestly a turning point in my life, because after that, I had become a more sensible shopper. 

I just wished that I had realised that as a teenager. I wish I had noticed how hard my parents had worked to provide for us. But I had been pretty self-absorbed then, and all that mattered to me was living my life the way that I wanted to.

I was just about to fall asleep with my head in my mother's lap, when he heard angry shouting, followed by the sound of Ismael and Ibrahim crying.

"Ya Allah!" Ammi cried out, staring towards the door, wide eyed.

****

This chapter was a mix of everything, of different types of emotions, hence the chapter title.

But what happened at the end? *Thinking hard*

What do you guys prefer more, romance or drama, or a mixture like this chapter?

Jasmina's reflection at the end was written to show how she'd come a long way since the beginning of FOL. It also shows that marriage and responsibilities often changes people, often positively. It doesn't always apply of course, but this was the case with her. 

I know Fariha and Zafar didn't get an intimate scene, but it's difficult for them at their home, with the entire family around.

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 19.2K 45
"He wanted to marry her, but he's my husband." "She's beautiful, kind, caring, loving, but I wish she wasn't my wife." ***** Tara Hamid was born an...
125K 6.5K 36
This is Sahil and Pranati's story.💖❤️ P.S.: This is the third book in the 'Singhania series'. I recommend you to read the first two books. 'A tale o...
124K 5.7K 29
She was his from the start ✨. She was an angel protected by a devil 🌼. No one can harm her not even him 👀. His love, obsession, strength, weakness...
39.7K 1.3K 22
IZTIRAAR اِضْطِرار The perfect word to describe her helplessness. Can you love and lose. Can you hate Can you choose. Insia wanted to fight for her...