𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐘

By sov3nus

𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... More

copyright ℗
soulful
disenthrall
dulcify
deleterious
jettison
betterment
putrescent
chum
affinity
nooky
conversationalist
nugatory
untrammelled
aggrandise
consent
amelioration
blossoming
limn
ubiquitous
assiduity
meagre
consternation
provisionary
caprice
unchivalrous
taciturn
contumelious
reminiscence
pule
porangi
alienation
pusillanimous
cantankerous
perfidious
spurious
compunctious
solicitude
exculpate
stravaig
multifarious
empyrean
supercilious
serendipity
hubris
incongruous
sempiternal
passivity
tyrannise
ineludible
ubiety
lugubrious
saturnine
contiguity
homage
gregarious
felicitous
illustrious
kalyana
onerous
quandary
veracious
zephyr
wallflower
quietus
hiraeth
ahimsa
appurtenant
preliminary
nurture
antithetical
peripheral
dichotomy
profligate
predestination
superfluity
analogous
peripeteia
effervescent
amalgamation
utopian
coalesce

magnanimity

1.9K 164 24
By sov3nus

magnanimity
/maɡnəˈnɪmɪti/
noun: magnanimity
the fact or condition of being magnanimous; generosity.

Glendale, AZ
Wednesday 12th July
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"Kaia, play with your food and see if I don't put a bib around your neck and hand feed you like you're an infant." Kaia giggled as she put her broccoli into her mouth.

"There is a knife and fork beside you, Kaia it is very unladylike to use your hands to eat your vegetables."

"No it's just trampy, are you a tramp Kaia?" Kaia's bottom lip quivered as she shook her head no dripping her broccoli and grabbing her fork.

"Don't speak to her in such a tone Hezekiah, but do use the cutlery provided Kay. It isn't appropriate to use your hands like that." Jalen paid nobody attention as he began munching on his broccoli, the young boy was obsessed with his greens — Soraya loved that.

"Whatever, eat your food Kaia. Don't make nobody have to repeat that with you, you going straight to bed after this." Kaia pouted not wanting to eat her food if she had to go straight to be after.

Soraya rolled her eyes at his attitude and took the fork out of Kaia's hand, "Quoniam magnus es agere infantem Kaia. Manifesto autem reconciliationis sacramento abluantur sicut tu es paruulum." Hezekiah smirked proudly whilst the kids looked at the woman appalled.
[Quoniam magnus es agere infantem Kaia. Manifesto autem reconciliationis sacramento abluantur sicut tu es paruulum = Since you're going to act like a big baby, Kaia. You obviously have to be fed like the little baby you are]

Yes, Soraya had begun taking latin lessons without anybody knowing. She decided she wanted some new hobbies and so now on thursdays instead of sitting at home doing nothing all day she went to art classes where she got to express her work without other part time artists and show each other her capabilities, that was from 9am to 12pm and then at 1-4pm she had latin lessons. She wanted to become a pro at the language and so paid for extra time.

Focusing more on her art group though, it was more of a support group full of artists that all helped each other. They all had a rough past of some sort and they all expressed that through art and their love for the subject, they all got along great and understood each other deeply and Soraya loved the team due to how laidback and chill they all were and the mentor too.

"audire ad primum dixit quis vobis aliquid Kaia, si nemo sit, non se habent ad iterare." Kaia pouted as Soraya scooped up some of her peas and she had no choice but to force them down.
[audire ad primum dixit quis vobis aliquid Kaia, si nemo sit, non se habent ad iterare = listen the first time somebody says something to you Kaia, shouldn't nobody be having to repeat themselves]

Once Soraya had managed to feed a pouty Kaia the whole plate she began clearing the table and washing everybody's plates.

"Jalen you six, seven in less than a month. Soon enough you'll be doing the dishes and not your momma." Jalen had no problem with that but didn't bother to respond as he turned his body swiftly to watch his mother as she washed the plate he'd just been eating off.

"After I put Kaia to bed you can go and get some ice cream, Jay." Jay nodded as he watched Kaia's waterworks begin as her older brother lifted her out of her seat and carried her through the large hallways, "Kaia enim caritas Dei ut clamor incipit iam non est." It was like the big brother was giving her permission to cry more as sobs racked through her body.
[Kaia enim caritas Dei ut clamor incipit iam non est = Kaia for the love of God do not start crying now]

"Come and get some ice cream baby." Jalen jumped at the invitation and jumped out of his seat running to his mother, "get the cookie dough one that is the one currently open." Jalen pouted wanted the caramel one, it contained caramel chunks throughout the ice cream that nobody in the house liked but him.

Jalen still nodded though as he opened the freezer and looked through the shelves for the requested ice cream as Soraya took the yellow latex gloves off and pinned them up above the sink.

She made sure her hands were dry completely and went to assist her son, Jalen stepped back as Soraya managed to quickly pull the second to last shelf and grab the cookie dough container next to the caramel ice cream.

She handed Jalen the cold product to which he quickly put on the side before closing the freezer and requesting her son to get out three bowls and spoons.

"I'll take care of this baby, go put on a movie." Jalen ran to the movie room, yes there is a whole room dedicated to watching movies, and searched up and down for the remote.

There was one very large sofa that had blankets and pillows thrown all over it and a small soft table in the middle of it as the sofa curved.

finding the remote hiding behind a pillow, Jalen quickly went onto disney+.

"Who's turn is it to pick?" Soraya asked as she came into the room holding two bowls whilst Hezekiah had his.

"Mine, Zeke chose last time." Every Wednesday night they'd decided that they'd have a movie night it was something that was discussed during their annual family meeting on Sunday morning. Soraya made sure that she was going to stay happy forever and by doing that she had to ensure everybody else was happy.

"That's right, we watched Inside Out." Shockingly Inside Out is one of Hezekiah's favourite pixar movies ever, mainly because he used to watch it with Kaia all the time before he was imprisoned and so whenever he visited her it was the main thing they did together. She loved the colours and he loved to see how her face would glow up every time Joy was on the screen although his favourite character had to be Disgust.

"Correct," Jalen sat in between his mom and her boyfriend as they both cuddled him close and extended their legs so he was trapped in. Hezekiah threw a grey comforter over them and Soraya retrieved her orange one from over the sofa. She wrapped it around herself before going on to her phone and changing the heating from an app she was introduced to by a member of her Art support group.

"What do you want to watch then baby boy?" Soraya asked pressing a kiss to Jalen's forehead and attaching her phone to the plug underneath the sofa.

"Um Soul." Jalen had seen the trailer for it due to an advert that came on whilst he was watching ant-man.

"Alright," Hezekiah took the remote from him and searched for the requested movie.

"What's it about, baby?" Soraya asked as the usual beginning of pixar movies began however also with the help of some awful background music.

"I-it's about this man a-and he falls in this tunnel then he becomes this small blue thing."

Hezekiah and Soraya both laughed as the first scene began in a classroom.

"Atque ut placet genuerat Hadrieli Kaia." Soraya said softly smiling at Hezekiah who frowned.
[Atque ut placet genuerat Hadrieli Kaia = Adriel go and get Kaia please]

Jalen frowned not liking that everyone knew that latin language now par him.

Hezekiah was very proud of Soraya's pronunciation though it sounded amazing and her voice sounded so melodious.

When learning Latin and asking about her boyfriends name she was surprised to see that he actually has quite a biblical name meaning my help is God or flock of God in Hebrew.

Soraya was also interested to discover that Hebrew and Latin are quite along however from different but yet still similar language families, Hebrew descended from the Old French whilst Latin descends from the Greek however they are all intertwined from Biblical Hebrew and they are all belong to Indo-European language families.

Meaning the majority of names come from one another or come from Biblical Hebrew, just like Hezekiah with his middle name Adriel and Alistair is a masculine name from Greek which is typically a warrior name and Hezekiah is also from Hebrew.

This makes sense though because of their mother's Roman background. Calais is Kaia's middle name which means colour changing and it's also a city in France which Soraya never knew before, so you learn something new every Latin lesson.

As Soraya got lost in her thoughts she found herself smiling down at her son as she played with the braids in his hair. Jalen paid her no mind though as he was fascinated by the musician on the screen. Connie was now playing an improvised solo and Jalen found it inspiring. She stood to her feet getting  lost in her music as she played her trumpet, until everybody started laughing at her and making fun of her and Jalen frowned as she sunk into her chair. It was the same thing Adelina did when everybody made fun of her the other day when Soavi called her a pig. Jalen thoroughly understood now that it wasn't nice to
be made fun of or humiliated and he silently made a promise to himself that he'd never sit back and allow anybody to do that to one of his friends or somebody he considered a friend again.

The scene changed and they were in hallways, the walls looked dirty and like they were peeling. Soraya didn't think it was any place for a children's middle school to be however she understood how low funding obviously had to of been in Minnesota.

Principal Arroyo bad just told Mr. G that he was getting a promotion so he wouldn't be a part-time teacher anymore he got the opportunity to be full time. Jalen thought that sounded like a good thing because it meant more money but Mr. G didn't look like it was a good thing.

"Mommy, why isn't Mr. G happy that he's a full time teacher?" Jalen asked curiously, Soraya thought about her answer before responding.

"Well, baby, did you see that look in his eyes whilst he was playing the piano?" Jalen nodded as Hezekiah continued watching the movie, "I think he's very passionate about the piano baby and that's the career he wanted to pursue, one of a musician. But now that he has the full time job he's stuck as music teacher for sixth graders who seem so uninterested in music."

"Oh," The scene switched into a stage room of some sorts as the time passed. A darkskin woman with short curly hair was playing an instrument Jalen didn't know the name of but it sounded beautiful. Mr. G was watching her in awe and there was a plump man standing next to him watching her too as she finished her performance.

Once she was done the portly newcomer greeted her and she cleaned her saxophone and turned to face the two men.

"Hezekiah I said to go and get Kaia." Hezekiah paid her no mind, "am I speaking in a french go and get your sister." Soraya didn't want to have family movie night without the whole family.

Hezekiah sighed exaggeratedly before he stood to his feet, "next time don't make me repeat myself." Soraya warned sternly mimicking the brother as he rolled his eyes leaving the room, "me mutabis in te, nec tu dormies super lectulum corruisse!"
[me mutabis in te, nec tu dormies super lectulum corruisse = and don't you roll your eyes at me before you sleep on the couch]

"How come Kaia not going bed like said to?" Jalen asked.

"Because this is family time baby which we get once a week, just because Kay didn't want to eat her vegetables doesn't mean she misses out on family time." Soraya said pulling her son closer to her as they watched the movie, "now let's focus on the movie."

[apologies if I spoiled the movie for anyone but it's really good so I definitely recommend]
[I gave you guys a little history lesson]
[the next couple chapters i'd just like cute family time the story is basically done, plot wise, now is just about happy Soraya]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.8K 36
"𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐖𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧' 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫...
159K 4.8K 36
"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲?" "𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀" 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖼𝗅𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗍𝗍𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝖽𝖼🌚💕 Starte...
130K 4.4K 58
A love story. The street way.
552K 14.8K 50
Est.2020