LUMOS - Fred Weasley

By ridikillus11

Who knew that Fred Weasley, one of the most popular boys in Hogwarts, would take a liking to his brother's be... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

sixteen

1.3K 39 15
By ridikillus11

Ava was running up the stairs, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. As she ran she bumped into Ginny who was happily skipping back to her room.

" Oh god Ava, what's wrong ?"

She couldn't speak, he throat was tied in a knot. She only fell to her knees and into Ginny's open arms. She caught her before she could hit the ground and lovingly stocked her hair.

"Shh it's okay, don't worry babe it's gonna be okay."

Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was soaking Ginny's dress.

"It is about a boy ?" she asked. Ava only nodded.

"Would that boy happen to be my brother ?"

Ava tilted her head up and pleaded,"please don't tell him that I cried, don't tell him anything."

"Don't worry, I'll just punch him in the jaw."

Ava laughed lightly and sighed. She got to her feet and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. Ginny took her arm and guided her to her room. She took off her dress, put on one of her friend's old t-shirt and buried herself under her blanket. Ginny stayed with her that night and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, everybody woke up late as it was boxing day. At breakfast, Ava learned about Ron and Hermione's bickering. Although she agreed on certain points with Ron she was quite irritated at him for ruining her night. Yes, Krum was older than Hermione. Was it a bit weird? Yes. But did he have a say in it? Absolutely not. Hermione was mature enough to make her own decisions.

They seemed to have reached a common agreement not to discuss their argument. They were being quite friendlyto each other, though oddly formal.  Ava told Hermione and Harry everything that happened last night. She didn't want to tell Ron about her kiss because it was his brother and the fewer people knew the better. Harry and Hermione had come up with a plan to avoid both of the boys until she had a clear mind.

They were currently in the Great Hall eating breakfast and trying to figure out the second task that would soon take place. Harry was next to Ava and Hermione and Ron were sitting on the other side of the table.

"So you have no idea what it could be ?" she asked him.

"Well I was thinking, since you know Cedric in more ways than one, you could -" started Harry.

"No, absolutely not."

"Oh come on, why not."

"I can't just ask him, besides it's against the rules."

"I'm sure that if you kissed him again he wouldn't mind telling you," he chuckled.

" WHAT? You kissed Diggory ?" Ron shouted. Just in time, Fred and George passed their table, giving them weird looks.

"Shut up, everybody can hear you." She hissed, hiding her face in her hands. Harry and Hermione were snickering at her flushed state.

" You guys knew about it ?" he questioned.

" Oh, it wasn't just a kiss mate. Have a look at her neck," said Harry whilst tilting Ava's neck to the side revealing  deep purple bruises. She had spent an hour this morning trying to fade them away but they were still quite apparent.

Ron gasped at the sight, " Bloody hell, it looks like you were having a good time."

Ava pushed Harry's hand away and tried to cover the hickeys with her hair. She was now bright red and very embarrassed.  I'll meet you guys back in the common room," she said rushing out of the Hall.

Very flushed she ran out to a place where she knew she would be alone: the Astronomy Tower. She would always go there to figure things out. She didn't like it when she wasn't in control of her emotions. She felt helpless and weak, a mix of feelings she hated. As she sat on the cold stone floor in front of the sumptuous view. Outside, the rain was pouring and a storm was near. Ava loved when it rained, but only when she was inside, the sound of raindrops on a window soothed her and reminded her of her mother. She felt safe and sheltered inside the castle as if nothing could hurt the ones she loved. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes. She envisioned a forest, the forest near her house. The smell of pine trees and fetid soil tickled her nose. The gentle morning breeze caressed her cheek. The fog blurred her sights but soon enough she could see the ancients trees clearly.

After about  an hour by herself, she decided to head back to her friends. She felt more composed than before and was ready to face the crowd. She met up with them in the common room, they were sitting on a couch in the corner, catching up with their homework.

"Hey where did you go, we searched everywhere for you," asked Harry a frown on his face.

"Just went to clear my mind on the Astronomy Tower don't worry."

"Are you okay ?" questioned Hermione.

"Yeah, I'm fine now."

For the next few hours, Hermione and Ava helped the boys do their homework since they had already finished theirs long ago. When they were all done they went back to the topic of the second task.

"Ok, ok I'll ask him. But you owe me one," she glared, pointing a finger at him.

"Brilliant. Thank you, thank you, thank you," he beamed taking her face in his hands and kissing her all over her cheeks.

"Calm down there Harry, you're gonna suffocate her," laughed Ron.

"Right, sorry," he said, fixing his glasses " When are you gonna ask him ?"

"Well he wants to hang out today, he sent me an owl. I'll try to smoothly bring the topic up."

"I told you it would come in handy to be friends with hot girls," Ron joked. Ava slapped the back of his head playfully before getting up.

" Well, I have to get going. I'll see you at dinner."

Cedric had owled her for them to meet near the Black Lake and chill before supper. She was quite nervous to see him again, but she had already planned in her head what she was going to say to him.

He was sat  on a bench but as soon as he saw her, he got up and tackled her in a hug.

" How you doin' gorgeous ?" he winked.

"After tonight pretty good. You ?"

" Well I couldn't really sleep. I've been wanting to see you all day."

She chuckled akwardly and they both sat down. He snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her in closer. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"So have you figured out the second task ?" she asked him, tilting her head.

"Yes I have actually, I'm not suppose to tell you, but since you're pretty I'll let it slide."

"How charming. So what's it about ?"

"Something to do with the black lake. We have to hold our breath for an hour and retreive some sort of treasure."

"Oooo, what do you think it'll be ?"

" Not sure, might be you for all I know," they both laughed, shaking the idea off.

"Look, about last night -" she started.

" Don't worry about it. We don't have to rush things," he smiled.

" I like you, I really do. I'm just not sure about the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. I really want to take it slow. So could we just stay friends for now ?"

"If I get to hug you and maybe snog you a few times, I'm perfectly okay with it ," he assured, kissing her forehead.

The sun had set and they walked together back to the castle. He had his arm over her shoulder and she had put her hand in his pocket to warm her hands. Just before parting ways he kissed her cheek, earning them a glare from Fred who was sitting at the Gryffindor table. She ignored him and sat down next to Harry. After her talk with Cedric she felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she could enjoy her meal.

" So, how'd it go ?" asked Hermione.

"Well I told him I wanted to take it slow and just stay friends for now. He didn't mind and told me to take my time. So that's settled," she smiled.

" Well that's brilliant, but what about my egg ?" asked Harry.

"It has something to do with the black lake. I think we should go down to the prefects bathroom with the egg and try to put it underwater. Cedric gave me the password. We can go together after dinner if you want." She didn't want to tell him everything she knew in front of everyone. Cedric trusted her and she didn't want to put him in trouble.

"You got him to tell you all that ?" teased Ronald, " What ? Did you wank him off or something ?"

At his words, Hermione gasped and hit him in the head with her book.

Ava rolled her eyes and threw her bread at him, " Piss off you twat. I'm just very convincing that's all," she winked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5.5K 99
Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm with three of them Angelina, Alicia and...
1.3K 113 10
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...
612 45 47
Title: SECRETS Main Character: Lyla Eleanor Lupin Love story: FRED WEASLEY X OC READER Plot: Lyla Lupin, Remus's daughter, finally receives her lette...
3.6K 171 17
With the rumor of a new potion circulating Hogwarts at record speed, everyone scrambles to attempt it. A potion to reveal your soulmate. Cedric Diggo...