[1] The Princess Royal | B. B...

By f1royalty

Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined... More

CAST
AESTHETICS
PLAYLIST
ABOUT HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A ROYAL ENGAGEMENT
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A ROYAL INVITATION
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Final Chapter
THANK YOU

Chapter 5

29.1K 698 356
By f1royalty

Three Brothers. One Princess.

The season's opening ball at Danbury House is most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Land to Regent Street will be on display.

Titled, chaste, and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth. And may I add, The Princess Royal is most clearly a great example of that.

Tonight we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful dismal condition known as 'the spinster'.

Danbury House, London
April 6, 1813

Charlotte hasn't stopped dancing since she arrived. Man after man has asked her to dance, and she felt she could not say no to them. If she was to find a husband, she had to know them better, and she thought dancing was a great opportunity to accomplish just that.

Every young lady had a card, with a limit of dances... But much to her dislike, Charlotte did not. By order of the Queen.

"Your Royal Highness," Benedict's voice made her turn around.

"Your Royal Highness," Colin also approached her. As always, they bowed, and she only nodded politely. "I see you are finally off the dance floor. Your feet must be sore and tired."

"Believe it or not, Mr. Bridgerton, my feet are used to dancing. After all, this is not the first ball I have attended," she chuckled softly. "I have danced with the worst men, of that I assure you."

"Maybe all you need to do is dance with the best there is," he smirked. "Us, Bridgertons."

"It would be an honor," she smiled. "But I must ask, which one shall I dance with first?"

"Allow me the honor," Benedict and Colin said at the same time, making the Princess giggle.

"Oh, do not argue on this. Perhaps I will go from youngest to eldest?" She suggested.

"Sounds fair to me," Colin smiled, and before his brother could say a word, he grabbed her hand and immediately led her to the dance floor.

They bowed before one another as the music started, and they danced. So gracefully. It was surprisingly her first time dancing with Colin, and Charlotte was proud to think she was not disappointing at all.

"I apologize for not telling you sooner, but your grand entrance and yourself were indeed beautiful," he smiled sincerely. "And you look ravishing tonight."

"Oh, you are too kind to me, Mr. Bridgerton," she smiled. "May I say, you look quite handsome tonight as well."

However, during their dance, Charlotte couldn't help, but feel eyes on her. Or more specifically, on Colin. As she turned, she saw Penelope Featherington, staring longingly at Colin. It was clear the girl had feelings for him. Eloise once mentioned she being her closest friend, and also of Colin's.

On the other hand, Colin did not spare a glance at Penelope. He was not being rude, he just didn't notice. He was focused on the Princess he was joyfully dancing with.

Since Charlotte was not worried or interested about courting either of the Bridgerton brothers, she was not worried about ruining or stepping in the possible relationship between Colin and Penelope. In some sort of way, she seemed like a nice and intelligible girl, and only hoped for the best for both of them.

"Good luck with Anthony," Colin spoke. "I do not remember the last time I've seen him dancing. Not even with our sisters or our mother."

"Are you afraid he would step on my toes?" She chuckled when he nodded.

"I believe he has two left feet," he chuckled.

Finally, they finished dancing. The smile on Charlotte's face never faded. After they bowed, they walked back to where Benedict was.

"Anthony! Daph!" Benedict yelled once he finally saw his siblings, and Colin and Charlotte followed.

"If the only gentlemen present this evening are your brothers, then we're in a great deal of trouble, indeed," the Princess overheard the Viscount's comment.

"You continue to say 'we'," Daphne complained and made a curtsy once she saw Charlotte and her brothers approaching them. "Your Royal Highness."

"Your Royal Highness," Anthony bowed before Charlotte. He grabbed her gloved hand and kissed before gently letting it go and looking into her eyes. "Allow me to say, you were perfect and breathtaking the day of your presentation, and you are looking quite beautiful this evening."

"Thank you. And you do not look so bad yourself, Lord Bridgerton," she said teasingly. "And I cannot help but notice you are doing an amazing job at keeping every possibly eligible suitor away from your sister."

"It is for the best, I assure you," he stated, being the overprotective brother that he is. "And seeing that your brother is not here, do not be surprised if I start to do the same with you as well. All these men, honestly. Not eligible at all for you or Daphne, if you ask me."

"Of course you would think that," she chuckled and looked at Daphne. "I am very proud of you, Daph. You were absolutely flawless before the Queen. You certainly deserve to be the Diamond of this season."

"I may not have been there for your grand entrance, but from what I heard, you were perfect, and I am very proud of you as well," Daphne smiled. "We'll do great, I know we will."

"Did Mother tell you yet? About my tour? I'm to begin in Greece," Colin informed his sister, but also to Charlotte.

"Greece? How adventurous, Colin!" Daphne exclaimed.

"That sounds quite adventurous, indeed," Charlotte nodded happily.

"On guard!" Anthony warned his brothers, who cleared their throats nervously and tried to escape as Lady Danbury approached them.

"Too late. I already noted you," she remarked with a smirk.

"Lady Danbury! Good evening," the Bridgerton brothers' said in sync and bowed before the Lady, and Daphne made a curtsy. And of course due to her higher title, Lady Danbury made a curtsy for Charlotte.

"Your Royal Highness, Miss Bridgerton, you both look rather lovely this evening," Lady Danbury looked at the young ladies. "Is there a reason I've yet to see you on the dance floor, Miss Bridgerton?"

"All in good time, Lady Danbury," Anthony said with determination.

"You poor thing," she told Daphne before walking away to greet more guests. Charlotte sighed when her friend's smile slowly faded.

Colin's attention went elsewhere when he laid eyes on the new debutant who arrived to the town not so long ago, Miss Marina Thompson, a distant cousin of the Featheringtons.

Benedict excused himself once his brother went to dance with the Thompson girl. Charlotte, not wanting to dance with anyone for a while, stayed behind with Anthony and Daphne. Since they were almost in the middle of the room, they walked to the side, near a corner and a column.

"I'm quite parched," Daphne looked at Anthony, and he sighed.

"I shall fetch you a glass of lemonade," he offered and looked at Charlotte. "Would you like one?"

"No, thank you," she said with a small smile.

"No. You have already done so much for me tonight. I shall return in a mere moment," Daphne said politely, made a small curtsy for Charlotte, and walked away.

Even though the Princess was used to every single person that crossed her path curtsying before her since she was born, sometimes she finds it quite annoying and unnecessary.

"Is there anything in your mind you would like to share?" Anthony asked, and she looked at him.

"Out of curiosity... Will you be looking for a wife soon?" She questioned with a small smile, trying to keep it all friendly and casual. She didn't know if the subject was sensible to him or not, and she didn't want to mess anything up.

"I– I... I do not..." He sighed. "It's complicated."

"Anthony," he noticed and felt more intrigued when she lowered her tone of voice to speak to him less formally. She hardly addressed them by their names when they were near other people's hearing. Out of respect, the Bridgertons refuse to refer to her as 'Char' or 'Charlotte' in public. "Is your heart already taken?"

"No," he answered immediately in a whisper, and nervously cleared his throat to speak a bit louder as he looked away. "I– No, Your Royal Highness. It is not... Not truly."

The Princess Royal only nodded in response and looked away from him to the dance floor. Then, Anthony took a step closer to her, and his chest was touching her back.

Charlotte took a sharp breath at their closeness. The only times she's been this close to him has been when they share a hug, but it confused her why, this time it felt different.

"What about you?" He asked with curiosity. He leaned a bit closer to her to speak lower. "Is your heart already taken, Char?"

It took her a while to respond, even if the answer was obvious. So far, no one has won her heart. Romantically, her heart belonged to no one. Although, a small part of it belonged to her family and the Bridgertons, utterly in the friendliest way possible.

"No," she replied softly. "Not yet."

Charlotte felt an urge to turn around and look deep into his eyes. Why? She doesn't know. She just wants to. But before she could, she noticed a familiar face in the crowd of people.

"Simon," she breathed with wide eyes once she laid eyes on the Duke of Hastings.

"Who?" Anthony frowned, but his face softened in disbelief at the sight of his best friend. "Basset. Basset!"

"Bridgerton!" Simon smiled at the sight of his best friend as he approached to greet the Duke.

"Come here, old friend!" Anthony exclaimed and shook hands with him. As they greeted each other, Charlotte went and stood next to Daphne, waiting for her turn to properly greet him. "I heard news of your father. Deuce take it, you are no longer Basset."

"I shall—"

"Hastings! The Duke of Hastings now known forevermore," Anthony stated with a smile.

"The Duke of Hastings, is it?" Daphne asked Simon, and when he looked at her, he finally noticed Charlotte's presence.

"Right, Hastings, this is my sister," Anthony introduced Daphne.

"Your sister?" The Duke frowned and looked at Daphne once again.

"And I bet you have heard of Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal. And, I must add, she is a very dear friend of our family," Anthony added, and Charlotte realized Anthony was unaware of her close friendship with the Duke. "Daphne, Princess, Hastings and I know each other from our days at Oxford, days we shall not soon forget."

"Yes. As I am well aware of the company you keep, Brother, I am certain your days with His Grace were most civilized, indeed," Daphne stated, and Charlotte wondered if there was a meaning behind her tone.

"Your Royal Highness," Simon bowed before Charlotte once he stopped staring at Daphne. "It is lovely to see you again."

"I am very happy to see you, Your Grace," she smiled and took a step towards him. The two shared a friendly and brief hug that made Anthony frown. "Oh, you have finally arrived! It has been so long, my friend."

"Friend?" Anthony questioned with a frown, as the Duke and the Princess pulled away. Simon raised an eyebrow at his friend, not remembering the last time he's seen Anthony Bridgerton jealous. "Is that so?"

"You two know each other?" Daphne looked at them with confusion.

"Well, indeed! We met so many years ago at the palace. Lady Danbury introduced us. We would ride our horses and promenade around the palace's gardens," Charlotte answered with a smile. "Oh, we were so young then."

"I did not realize you were unaware of my friendship with Her Royal Highness, Bridgerton," the Duke told Anthony with sincerity, and looked at the Princess. "As much as I was unaware of your friendship with the Bridgertons."

"Neither of you ever asked," she shrugged lightly.

"Hastings, we shall need to get together properly. I expect you at our club, then," Anthony offered.

"Indeed. Evening, Bridgerton," Simon nodded at him, and looked at Daphne. "Miss Bridgerton."

"Your Royal Highness," it was Anthony's farewell before he and his sister bowed and curtsied and walked away from the Duke and the Princess.

A smirk graced Charlotte's face when she saw the Duke followed Daphne with his gaze as she walked away with her brother, and raised an eyebrow with curiosity when Daphne briefly looked back, before she disappeared into the crowd.

"Is there something I must know about your meeting with Miss Bridgerton?" Simon looked at Charlotte when he heard her question. "Seems like this season's diamond has caught Your Grace's eye."

"I have nothing to say on the matter," he stated calmly, and she chuckled. "Is there anything you would like to say?"

"Such as?" She asked with an innocent smile.

"Lord Bridgerton, of course," Simon raised an eyebrow. "You two seem rather...close."

"Anthony and I are just friends," she explained and sighed at the look on his face. "You do not believe me, do you?"

"It does not matter if I believe you or not. The real question, Your Royal Highness, is..." He paused with a smirk. "Do you believe in yourself?"

Charlotte opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. She frowned. Was she speechless? Why couldn't she respond to him? 

"Your Royal Grace," a young lady and what seemed to be her eldest brother, addressed the Duke first, and then turned towards Charlotte. "Your Royal Majesty."

"For Heaven's sake," Charlotte muttered under her breath.

"Is this what you must deal with every day?" Simon whispered to the Princess in disbelief by their way of addressing them.

"I believe you owe me a dance, do you not, Your Grace?" Charlotte asked to save herself and Simon from other ladies and gentlemen approaching them.

"I believe you are right, Your Royal Highness," the Duke offered his arm for her, and she took it.

The gentleman and the young lady's smiles faded when they realized the way the two addressed each other. With one smile and a polite nod, Simon and Charlotte walked away from them and towards the dance floor.

"George wanted to avoid exactly that," she said, and they chuckled.

"How many men have you danced with tonight?" Simon bowed and she made a small curtsy before they started dancing.

"You are so far the ninth man I have danced with tonight," she said, and he raised his eyebrows at her. "Impressed, Your Grace?"

"I must say, I am," he chuckled and twirled her in place before bringing her back to his chest. "Anyone worthy of Your Royal Highness' sole heart?"

"Not in the way you think," she smiled as he twirled her around, again, at the rhythm of the music.

They danced until the music stopped, he bowed, she made a small curtsy, and Simon led her towards the table full of pastries. She was starving, and craving for something sweet.

Eventually, Simon politely excused himself to leave the ball, and she only nodded as she watched him walk away. Charlotte sighed, and kept eating some pastries.

"Have you not had enough chocolate?" She turned around and was met with Benedict Bridgerton. "I believe you owe me a dance."

"Oh– Right. Indeed, I– I do," she stuttered as she covered her mouth and continue biting the chocolate.

"Here," he ended the subject of conversation by grabbing her napkin from her hand. And after bringing it closer to her mouth, he gently cleaned the small stain of chocolate off the corner of her lips. Benedict's lips parted a bit, but no words came out.

"Thank you, Benny," she whispered as a shy smile graced her face. Her cheeks started to feel warm, and as much as she wanted to look away, feeling a bit embarrassed, she couldn't understand why she couldn't. Or perhaps, why she didn't want to.

Just as the song that was currently playing was finished, Martin approached Charlotte and Benedict. They took a step back from each other while awkwardly looking away and clearing their throats.

"I apologize for the interruption, Your Royal Highness," he looked at Benedict and offered him a polite nod before turning back to her. "But I'm afraid it is time for us to go back to the palace... By orders of the Prince Regent."

"Of course. Bring the carriage around while I say my goodbyes," she nodded, Martin immediately nodded back, made a small bow and walked away from them. Charlotte looked at Benedict with a sad smile. "I am looking forward to our dance, Mr. Bridgerton. Just...not today. My apologies."

"It is alright. I will see you tomorrow, Your Royal Highness," he bowed before her and she smiled. A joyful smile this time.

Since his hand was in her reach, she grabbed it, and gave it a slight squeeze of affection, before she let it go, and walked away from him. Charlotte said her goodbyes, expressed her gratitude to Lady Danbury, and while ignoring all gentlemen's eyes on her, she parted from the party.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bridgerton House, London

Today was the day all the ladies' houses were supposed to be filled with callers. Usually, most of them weren't as lucky as others.

Daphne woke up with so much delight. She was eager for her callers to arrive... But all her excitement slowly faded as the time passed, and no possible suitors arrived.

She was waiting with her mother and sisters in the drawing room. Silence and boredom invaded their surroundings as all women waited.

Suddenly, the door of the room opened. Violet and Daphne stood up to greet the person, but her hopes fell on the floor when her eldest brother walked in.

"Anthony!" Daphne politely greeted him first. "I did not expect to see you here this morning."

"It is terribly early for you, dearest," Violet remarked.

"I could not sleep for some reason. All the excitement, I presume," he said as he grabbed and ate a cookie he grabbed from the table. Then, he approached his sister and mother and sat on the couch they were sitting in before. "Am I the first gentleman to arrive? How wonderful!"

Violet looked at him in disbelief as her eldest son ate his cookie with an innocent smile. Daphne, on the other hand, hid her anxiousness and uneasiness by taking a deep breath and sitting down next to her brother.

Dearest reader, this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond required a closer inspection.

As such, an even rarer jewel of the most remarkable brilliance, fire, and luster had been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson.

This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton...for we all must know what the Queen despised more than anything... Being wrong.

And the drawing room at the Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George.

It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she had always desired: the season's true Incomparable living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed.

On the other hand, it looks like the residence of Her Royal Highness, our dearest Princess Royal, has been fortunately filled with callers since sunrise.

Carlton House, London

"Your Royal Highnesses," a gentleman bowed before Charlotte and George with a grin. "Would you like to hear a joke?"

"Pardon?" George asked with a frown, already disapproving the man.

"A joke, Your Royal Highness," he chuckled softly. "My mother says I am the best at making jokes."

"I am sure that is true, Lord Bradford," Charlotte forced a smile on her face. "Do enlighten us, please."

"Why did the painting go to prison?" He asked, the two Royals couldn't not notice the excitement in his voice.

Charlotte looked at her brother, waiting for him to respond, but the glare he had on Lord Bradford meant that he clearly didn't want to respond.

"I have no idea, my lord," she sighed. "Why is that?"

"Because it was framed!" He exclaimed with the purest of confidence.

"Get out. Now," George said firmly, almost angrily, and Charlotte suppressed a chuckle. Lord Bradford bowed insecurely before them and walked out of the room. "For Christ's sake."

"That was rude of you," she whispered with the smallest of smiles.

"I was doing ourselves a favor," he whispered back, and she chuckled. "I swear, my ears are bleeding."

"Your Royal Highnesses," another man bowed before them.

"Lord Ainsley," Charlotte nodded at him in greeting. "I believe we have met before, did we not?"

"Indeed. At a luncheon organized by the Queen last year," he explained. "Now, Princess, allow me to delight you with a poem by William Shakespeare."

"Of course, my lord," she nodded with a small smile, and so he began.

"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare."

The Princess stared at him with wide eyes, and a forced smile. She couldn't explain it well, but she felt as if her brain didn't process the information spoken by Lord Ainsley through the poem. In fact, it bored her a bit. His voice was too slow for her liking, and very deep. Nonetheless, Charlotte and George clapped, she smiled a bit, and George only wished for all her callers to leave the palace, specifically the room, as soon as possible. And after thirteen more gentlemen, the Prince basically kicked them out every time. George rejected every single one of them. Fifteen in total, with no sign of mercy.

"You really are the worst matchmaker," she told him once the last gentleman walked out the door.

"Is it possible for you to marry one of the Bridgertons?" George asked, and his sister's eyes grew wide. "I know you have known the family for years, and I have no trouble if that is your decision... Except the Viscount, for what I have heard, he is a Rake."

"I– I... Brother, what a question! How could these words even come out of your mouth?" She asked in disbelief. "Anthony is...well, Anthony, but I know him very well, he is a good person, and a wonderful friend."

"Can you picture him as your husband?" He asked. "Can you picture having a future with the Viscount?"

"I– I do not know," she said sincerely and sighed. "But they are not here, Brother. So do not expect for them to court me anytime soon, or ever."

"I do not think we should discard that possibility," he commented. "Not so soon, at least."

"I do not know what to think about that," she sighed. "Anyway..."

"According to the scandal sheet, the Duke of Hastings has coincidently payed a visit," she frowned at his words. "Is it not a coincidence that he came exactly this time of year?"

"His father just passed away, and he only came to visit the one who has taken care of him since he was a child, Lady Danbury," she explained and shook her head. "However, I am well aware that the Duke is not looking for a wife. I can promise you, there is nothing more than friendship between the Duke and I."

"Fine. If you say so... And what about the other Bridgertons?" He asked, and she looked at him with a playful glare. "I only wish to know of them, Sister."

"Benedict and Colin, you mean?" She walked around him as she explained. "I trust them to be the best friends anyone could ask for."

"So, would you rather stay friends with all of them?" He wondered, and she nodded. "Very well. I shall not bother you much longer on the matter."

"Thank you for trying, George. It means a lot," she sighed, but with a small smile on her face. "Perhaps... I am meant to be alone, at least just for now."

"Alone you will never be. For you have me, Mother...what is left of our father, and your friends," he smiled. "Until we step foot on our graves."

"What a reassurance, Brother," she chuckled ironically. "And may I ask, why are you suddenly so interested in my relationship with the Bridgertons?"

"Have you not read what Lady Whistledown had to say about it?" He asked, she frowned and shook her head. "You must know, Sister."

"I will ask Fatima later," she sighed. "Is it too bad? Shameful, perhaps?"

"You should see it for yourself," he smirked, and she chuckled at his response. "And... I must meet them all, at once."

George kissed his sister's cheek before he walked out of the room to perform his every day duties as the Prince Regent.

"Your Royal Highness," one of the guards greeted her before she could leave the room. "Letters have arrived for you. Flowers as well, but your ladies maids placed them in your chambers."

"Thank you," she smiled as he handed them to her and he bowed his head before leaving the room.

Before reading them, she went to her room and to her couch, to read them privately more comfortably. But before she could, she looked up and saw the flower arrangements. All were white roses, her favorite. She sighed contently and turned to her letter.

The first letter.

Unto Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal,
I will be brief.
I must inform you in advance, Princess, that I will not undoubtedly leave the drawing room of my house before all my sister's callers.
Which is why, I will not be able to attend as one of your callers today. But do not worry, for I am sure the Prince did everything he could to scare them all away.
We shall speak later of this matter. In person, and privately.
Sincerely yours,
Lord Anthony Bridgerton

Charlotte placed the letter on her lap and took a deep breath, certainly not expecting to read Anthony's words. She placed the letter aside and turned to the others.

The second letter.

Unto Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal,
I will start this letter with my most sincere apologies. I wished to be at your side this morning, seeing how all callers fell at your feet, but mostly to spend time with you... And perhaps to intimidate most gentlemen by my handsome and most gracious presence.
But my eldest brother rather have me focusing on my sister's callers as well.
It is suffocating, but seeing how stubborn and determined he is on this matter, I shall not dare to question him.
Must I remind you of that dance we owe one another? Perhaps that could be my way of making up for not being there for you this morning.
Yours faithfully,
Benedict Bridgerton

The Princess' eyes grew wide for a moment, before it turned into a frown. Anthony first said he wanted to be here with her, and now Benedict? Why?

To Charlotte, it seemed unnecessary. She sees them almost every day, and in this exact same day they could not meet, they sent a letter to apologize... Something that's never happened before.

But she shook all those thoughts and continued with the last letter.

The third letter.

Unto Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal,
I wished for you to be the first to know about my day at the Featherington House, with Miss Marina Thompson. Something about that girl caught my eye. She seems lovely, kind, and I am eager to get to know her better.
As much as I wished to show my appreciation and support for you as my dearest friend, it will be impossible for me to make it to you in time. Lucky are those gentlemen who were not intimidated by the presence of a true gentleman such as myself.
I wish for us to exchange all details about our day, but most importantly, I wish you the best.
Kind regards,
Colin Bridgerton

Charlotte smiled when she finished Colin's letter. Behind the writing, she could feel he was smiling with excitement. She didn't know he was in search for a wife, but she felt happy for him nonetheless... And chuckled when she read again that they would exchange all the details later on.

But now, she placed the three letters on her lap. Studying them side by side, and wondering why they were acting like this, so...apologetic for not being with her, specially Anthony and Benedict. She was not mad. Not at all! That thought has never crossed her mind, not for a single moment.

A knock on the door made her jump, making her sigh in frustration and surprise, not expecting for her silence to break so abruptly by a knock.

"Enter!" She yelled, louder than she intended to.

"Yo– Your Royal Highness," Fatima entered the room and made a small curtsy before approaching the Princess, who seemed a bit lost. "Are you well?"

"I– This– Is this some kind of game? Or a sick joke?" She asked Fatima in disbelief, who stared at her with confusion. "The Bridgertons! Anthony, Benedict, and Colin all wrote me a letter. Separately. Saying how much they wished to attend as one of my callers, but also, apologized for not being able to attend."

"Is that so?" Fatima asked, clearly unaware and surprised by the Princess' words. "I shall have you know, that all three brothers here, Princess, would have made quite the scandal!"

"Scandal?" She frowned. "How could that be? Why? They are my friends! I have known them for around five years now."

"Precisely. You are friends," Fatima stepped closer to her, and showed her the sheet of paper that rested on her hands. "But not everyone knows the truth of your close friendship with the Bridgertons."

Charlotte took the paper from Fatima's hands and read it from the beginning until the end. And... there were no words to describe the grand and extraordinary confusion going on inside her head.

It did not escape this author's eye that The Princess Royal certainly caught the interest of most gentlemen at the Danbury Ball yesterday evening...especially the eyes of the perfectly handsome Bridgertons.

Oh, my! Three brothers, but just one Princess. Let us hope their attraction for Her Royal Highness does not affect their own relationship as brothers.

Oh, what a mess that would be!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 159 5
All Is Fair In Love And War. Lord Anthony Bridgerton, the formidable head of the Bridgerton family, sets forth on a quest to secure a worthy spouse...
86.4K 1.8K 21
•It was originally posted on tumblr, my tumblr is @alewritesfics▪︎ ♡Anthony Bridgerton x reader♡ Anthony Bridgerton has declared he's looking for a w...
22.1K 1.1K 24
Yo another fan fic! I do not own the series or books. I am not going to be too faithful to the storyline so think of it as an AU where everything is...
12.8K 639 23
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻⭑.ೃ࿐ *・゚゚・:.。..。.:゚::✼✿ - ✿✼:゚:.。..。.:・゚゚・* 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐓, the irresistible Duke of Hastings, has hatched a plan to...