๐’๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๏ฟฝ...

By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

(Sequel to Eye of the Storm) "๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’•๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’Ž๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’†๐’‚... More

๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง
๐“๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Who is Tiana Adebiyi-Williams?
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48: FINALE!!
EPILOGUE
QUESTIONS AND ANSWER!
EXTRA AND AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 29

978 425 411
By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

This Chapter is dedicated to TomiGrace_xx for being such a vibe. Also, Don't forget to hit that Orange star 🌟 and vote! There is an important announcement in the author's note below. Please read it.

****

"𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆."

_𝑻𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒂𝒏_

𝔼𝕃𝕐𝕆ℕ

"...A modern Legislature is either Bicameral or Unicameral. Now, a Bicameral Legislature or Bicameralism is..." I trailed off again, looking away from Mr Kohol who was standing in front of the class taking us on our final revision before our Last paper, Government, tomorrow. Every other fraction was done with their exams except Art.

We have been doing our mock exam for almost two weeks.

And it has also been two weeks since my relationship with Jamal took a dramatic, drastic and painful turn.

... that obsession, that compulsiveness, that hero complex attitude is useless because you are not helping...

... It's Aggravating! Maddening! Sickening!...

I flinched as those words replayed in my mind, sinking further into my seat, feeling tears well up in my eyes which briskly cleaned off. I promised myself I wouldn't shed a single tear after the torrent that flowed in the Art studio that day.

Don't cry, Elyon. Don't you dare cry.

Those words that Jamal had uttered was all it took for everything to come crashing down. Never for once did I imagine Jamal saying things like that to me. Those words have been haunting me for the past two weeks; at night and even in the exam Hall since Mock started. It was almost like I was loosing my mind.

I have been trying to think of something else, busy myself with reading for the upcoming finals but my mind would always stray away, replaying those hurtful words, over and over again. From someone else, those words wouldn't have done so much damage, but from Jamal, they were like knives piercing every parts of my skin.

Ever since I walked out of the art studio that day, I haven't seen Jamal. I didn't know whether he was avoiding me or it was the other way around. All I knew was that I made to go to school on my own everyday, leaving Venus to go with the Bamidele's. I didn't want to be around him, or Skye.

I was still very much shocked at what Skye said to me. She was supposed to be my best friend, come through for me at a time like that, not spiral the entire situation out of control. I would have taken anything from her, any form of insult, as her having her brother's back but what I didn't expect was for her to indirectly accuse me of cheating on Jamal.

Me? Cheat on Jamal? How low does she think of me?

Mateo on the other hand couldn't hide his guilt and I couldn't avoid him because we were classmates. Honestly, I don't blame him for what happened but I don't want to be around him either.

Somadina and Vanessa knew what had happened but they made sure to stay clear of our drama. They didn't want to pick sides and I honestly appreciated them for that.

All in all, things were not looking good and I had this feeling that they wouldn't for a very long time. And I couldn't help but feel I caused it all.

Maybe if I had just minded my business like they asked me to...

"Elyon Damije," I was jerked out of my reverie by Mr Kohol's edgy voice. I looked up to see the entire class staring at me and Mr Kohol glaring at me.

"S-sir?" I stuttered out, nervously playing with my fingers. I wasn't paying attention and now, I've been caught.

"What is the difference between Bicameralism and Unicameralism?" He asked me, his eyes locked on mine. I looked at the board and saw that it was blank. I looked down at my book but only saw absent minded scribbles on the pages.

I was stranded.

"Uhm, B-Bicameralism is..." I trailed off, trying to search my brain for the topic which we actually did last year but my mind was suddenly blank, like I had not read or been taught anything.

The stares from my classmates wasn't even helping matters.

"Bicameralism is a legislature with two houses or chambers while Unicameralism is a legislature with one house or chamber." That was Mateo.

"I'm very much certain I didn't ask you, Mateo." Mr Kohol stated matter-of-factly and Mateo shrugged in return.

"Elyon isn't feeling too well, sir. I was just trying to help her, as a friend." Mateo replied and I forced myself not to roll my eyes.

This was what Mateo has been trying to do since the past two weeks. Talk to me, or get us to talk at least but I wasn't giving him that. He felt sorry for what happened and I understand that but I honestly didn't want to talk to him or anyone of them for that matter.

"Okay." Mr Kohol simply said and went back to teaching the class. I could feel Mateo's gaze burning holes to my side. After his save, I was sure he expected a thank you or for me to look at him at least.

Not a chance in heaven.

I looked back at Mr Kohol and tried to listen.

I needed to focus and push all these to a corner for now.

I can't afford to fail finals.

☆☆☆☆

As soon as Mr Kohol left the class, I picked up my bag and books, wanting to leave the class before Mateo tries to, want to talk to me. But I guess I wasn't fast enough because as soon as I got to the door, I felt him right behind me.

"Elyon, please wait." I heard him say behind me but I wasn't ready to talk to him. Instead, I kept walking, making a detour down the stairs as fast as I could.

"I know you are angry with me and I understand why you are, but please stop ignoring me." I could hear the remorse in his voice so I stopped, heaving a deep sigh then turning on my heels.

"I'm not angry with you, Mateo." I told him, watching as he made his way down the stairs and closer to me.

"But you should be." He stated, his expression filled with guilt and his voice laced with compassion. "If I knew Skye was going to blow it all out of proportion, I swear I wouldn't have..." I cringed, on hearing another reminder of what happened.

"Can we not talk about it?" I demanded, trying not to let my voice sound so edgy. Mateo sighed, nodding slowly while his eyes watched me intently with trails and trickles of compassion in them. I let out a shaky breath, trying to calm myself down.

I refuse to cry. I refuse to cry. I chanted to myself as soon as my chest began to swell with so many emotions.

"I'm so sorry, Elyon. You have no idea how sorry I am." He repeated, his voice low and almost soothing that it made me want to forget everything that has been going on for the past week. But I didn't want that apology to come from him. Mateo didn't really do anything.

So I sniffed, hardening my heart a bit so as not to be moved by emotions like I have always been.

"I don't blame you, Mateo. I honestly don't blame you at all but I still don't want to talk to you. I'm trying to keep it together as it is because I really want to ace my exams so please, I need space."

"Elyon."

It wasn't Mateo that spoke because the voice came from behind me. An awfully familiar voice. I turned around just about the same time Mateo looked over my shoulder, to see Khalil standing behind me, looking between Mateo and I.

How long has he been there?

I looked back at Mateo to see him watching Khalil, his eyes holding absolutely no emotion. It was just like a repeat of the entire scenario that led to all of this; Mateo finding me with Khalil at the Bamidele's house.

How ironic.

"Can we please talk?" Khalil asked, looking at me and ignoring the presence of Mateo that was still standing there, even after I told him that I really needed space.

Maybe he will tell Skye about this again. My subconscious mocked but at that point, I honestly didn't care what any of them thought of me. I needed some time away from them and if going with Khalil meant I would get the space I needed, then so be it.

"Sure." I told Khalil, looking away from Mateo who was still watching us.

"Come with me."

☆☆☆☆

We entered an empty class, me before Khalil. Our wing of the senior block was scanty because most students were either in class, library or love garden, reading. I turned around to see Khalil still trying to close the door as the lock had some sort of difficulty.

I wasn't sure if he knew about what had gone down between Jamal and I. No one really knew actually, just the inner circle and I really wanted it to stay that way. Soon, Khalil succeeded in closing the door and he turned to me. He began to watch me intently, trying to read me. I became quit uncomfortable under his stare.

What did he want to talk to me about?

"Thanks..." I found myself breaking the prolonged silence after a while, then trailing off. Khalil rose his eyebrows in question, obviously wondering why I was thanking him.

Right.

"I've been trying to get rid of Mateo." I clarified for him and his confused expression was cleared but he was still watching me intently. Feeling quite nervous, I began to ramble. "We had this argument in class and he has been trying to..."

"You and Jamal broke up." He stated simply, cutting me off from my rambling.

I didn't know if it was his words or if it was the way he said with nonchalancy that had me riled up but my emotions were suddenly all over the place. Most of all, I felt annoyed because I honestly didn't want any reminder of what had happened that day. So I frowned, eyeing Khalil disdainfully.

"Is that why you called me here?" I asked but got no response from him.

Hissing, I started to walk towards the door, trying to bypass him but he wouldn't let him. He stretched his hand out, stopping me and I glared at him. This time, his eyes held concern when I looked at them. In fact, his entire facial expression did.

"I'm only concerned about you, Elyon." Was what he said. His words basically melted me even though I didn't want it to. I was trying to keep my heart hardened, trying to show all of them that I wasn't affected by the break up even though I was literally bleeding on the inside. So, I scowled at him.

"You don't have to be concerned about me, Khalil. I'm fine." I replied, trying to let my voice sound as sharp as possible. I needed to get out of this place. Any more minutes here and I'd legit flood this room with my tears, pent up tears since two weeks ago.

Khalil's humorless chuckle was what brought me back to reality. I looked at him to see him still watching me, hands still stretched out to block me from going any further.

"You are a terrible liar, Elyon." He simply said, eyes searching mine. I shivered and stopped struggling to walk away at this point. He came to stand in front of me, hands placed on my shoulder. I drew a shaky breath, looking away from his scrutinizing gaze.

Don't cry, Elyon...

"It's okay not to be fine, so stop pretending that you are." He continued and I gulped, trying to keep the tears down but it wasn't working. He wasn't making it easy for me. "So I'm going to ask you now and I need you to tell me the truth..." He stated, making me look at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, picking his words one by one. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I shook my head slowly, not trusting myself to speak. He nodded.

What's the use lying to him?

"Do you want to cry? I have a feeling you want to cry." He said and I nodded, my lips quivering as tears dropped from my eyes in beads. I used the back of my palm to quickly wipe them but they kept falling.

"Y-yeah..."

Khalil nodded again and stretched both of his hands wide.

"Come here." He beckoned.

That was all it took for me to jump into his outstretched arm, which wrapped securely around me when I was safely with him. I wrapped my hands around his middle, sobbing softly with my head pressed against his chest.

"Let it out." He whispered.

What started off as soft sobs turned into weeping and wailing. My hands tightened around his middle and I pressed my face into his chest, crying profusely. One of his hands drew soothing circles to my back, while the other was buried in my braids, fingers running through my locks as he whispered soothing words to me.

"It's okay. It's going to be alright. Just let it out and you'll feel okay."

And I did, I let it all out; the pain, the hurt, the betrayal, the guilt. I let it all out through my tears like Khalil told me to.

He was right...

The weight lifted off my shoulder, if only a fraction...

But I felt relief.

☆☆☆☆

A knock came to my door, stopping me from reading any further. Before I could call for whoever was behind the door to come in, the door opened and my mum popped her head in, a small smile stretched on her lips which I returned. She walked in, settling down on the door of my bed.

"How are you, Tiwatope." She asked and my brows furrowed. Mum rarely calls me by that name except there is something serious going on. Maybe she picked up on what was happening because I still haven't told her about.

But I didn't know that for sure so I decided to just play dumb.

"I'm fine mum. Why are you asking?" I asked, my fingers skimming through the pages of my book.

"Well, you haven't been yourself lately." I opened my mouth to give a counter response but she rose her hand up to stop me from speaking. "And don't lie to me about being okay because I'd know. I am your mother." She stated matter-of-factly and I sighed.

"I am very much okay, mummy. Honestly, I think it's just the stress of exam and all of that..." I was still talking when Venus barged into the room unannounced.

"She and Jamal broke up." She spilled. Mum's eyes widened in shock while I glared at Venus who was still standing by the door.

How did she even find out?

I'm so going to kill this girl.

"Venus!" I snapped, picking up one of the pillows on my bed and lunging it at her. She dodged it effortlessly.

"You and Jamal broke up? Is that even possible?" Mum asked incredulously. I sighed, plopping back down to my bed.

"Yes it is possible, mum. Plus it's not exactly a break up-break up. We are just taking a break." I stated, not wanting mum to worry herself over me.

"That is what a break up is called. Taking a break." Venus chipped in and I glared at her, causing her to shut up.

"That explains it all." Mum continued. "Why you have been moody and why you don't follow the Bamideles to school anymore." I looked at Venus when mum said that. She most definitely ratted me out.

"Mum please, it's nothing. As you can see, I am fine." I maintained.

The last thing I wanted to talk about was my break up with Jamal. All I wanted to do was to read for JAMB, sleep and keep sleeping till I wake up and realize that all these was one big nightmare.

"You are not fine." Venus said, moving further into the room. "Since it happened, you haven't been yourself. Mostly cooked up inside this room with all your window blinds down like a bloody vampire."

"Venus, Language!" Mum chided and Venus sighed while I looked on, wondering how come my sister suddenly became so sentimental when it involves me.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I'm worried about you." She mumbled out, making it obvious that she actually hated admitting it.

And in as much as I also hate to admit it, it melted my heart. So, I smiled.

"Thanks Venus." I told her and she nodded, crossing her hand over her chest. "But honestly, I feel okay. I'm alright." The last thing I wanted was to act like a weakling in front of my younger sister. Like I didn't know how to handle myself

"Venus, please leave your sister and I." Mum instructed, her eyes trained on me intently. Venus heaved a sigh and left the room, shutting the door behind her and leaving my mum and I alone in the room.

"Mummy..."I started but she cut me off.

"Now that your sister is not here, I want you to tell me the truth. Are you okay?" She asked, motherly eyes trained on me that indirectly warned me not to lie. So, I shook my head slowly.

"No." I whispered. She nodded and drew closer to me, gathering me in her arms which I gladly accepted. Hugs had a way of calming me down so I sank deeper into my mum's bossom, allowing her to hug me tighter.

After a while, we pulled apart. I told her everything that had happened, from the beginning to the end without leaving any thing out. From Jamal's antipathy for Khalil, to what he had told me about their childhood together, all the way to all that had gone down two weeks ago.

I said it all.

"Khalil doesn't seem like a bad kid." My mum said after a while and I nodded affirmatively. "But, you might not really know how deep rooted the malice is, and trying to get them to stop loathing each other isn't exactly a cake walk."

"I know. That's why I was just trying to get both stories and find a loop hole or something that would classify the malice as just a misunderstanding. Mum, I didn't do it for anyone except Jamal. Not for me and certainly not for Khalil. It was all for Jamal."

"And you are hurt that he didn't see it that way." Mum stated and I nodded.

"All I wanted to do was make him look past that hatred he has for once. I wanted to help him but I guess I was just being an obsessive girlfriend with a hero complex." I mumbled, feeling hurt all over again by that statement he made.

Saying it to yourself isn't making it better. My subconscious chided and I sighed.

"You don't have a hero complex, baby." Mum cooed, drawing my head closer so I could rest it on her shoulder. "You are an amazing girl with a big heart. You have always wanted to help people and it has been your best attribute."

"It has also been my achilles heel . If only I had just minded my business maybe everything won't be the way it is." I said but mum shock her head.

"You, my dear girl, are the catalyst that sped things up. So don't feel guilty for what you did." I frowned in confusion, not understanding what she had said but I couldn't think further about it because she continued talking.

"Jamal didn't mean all the things he said. I am hundred percent sure that he feels so sorry and he regrets every word. It's just a matter of time before he come to realize how much that 'hero complex' is his saving grace-

But for now, I need you to focus on what's most important and that is your final exams. The last thing I want is for you to flop because of teen drama. After your finals, you can go back to worrying about Jamal. Okay?"

I nodded in response, snuggling closer to her.

"Everything happens for a reason, Elyon. You'll be okay in just a matter of time. Just hang in there."

A/N

Elyon is trying to be strong for herself. Knowing that she has exams coming on, she doesn't want to be emotionally distracted. But it's hard and it would be hard for any of us as well if someone we care about or loved talked to us the way Jamal (and Skye) spoke to Elyon.

Mateo is feeling guilty for telling Skye. You pipu shuu take it easy on my baby 😂😂. If he knew telling Skye would eventually lead to this, you know that he wouldn't have told her bah. Elyon understands that but she doesn't want to be around him either.

At least, she has Khalil...I guess.

And At least we are now certain Venus has a heart😂😂.

You want to know what's going on in Jamal's head. Stay tuned till next week. I want to make next chapter entirely in his POV, I don't know sha. Let's see how it goes. I just hope you people don't chew him raw 😂😂.

Announcement: Wattnaija already has a standing presence on Wattpad💃🏾💃🏾. So, if you cannot easily follow the one on IG, please follow the one right here on Wattpad through this handle, WattNaija and tag as many friends as you can to follow the page too.❤️❤️❤️

That's all for the week. Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

See you when I see you ❤️❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 812 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
18.4K 4.6K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...
34.3K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
61.5K 19.1K 106
ษขแด‡ส€แด€สŸแด…ษชษดแด‡ แดŠแดสœษดsแดษดs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...