burning Ice

By nezuko_mr_kamado

(Cover credit: naughty_breeze) Due to a situation Khushi had to leave Raizada mansion. Now after five years A... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27

chapter 28

8.9K 320 84
By nezuko_mr_kamado

Hey guys welcome to the last chapter of this season. Ok before you start reading the chapter I want to clear somethings. First of all I have 0 knowledge about any defence force of India. The whole chapter is based on my imagination and yes a part is taken from the movie "Naam Shabana". So basically the whole thing is imaginary and don’t bash me after reading the chapter. Enjoy reading.

Fair warning: long chapter ahead...

"Shut up. Oh by the way, congratulations you’ve solved your very first case." Luv said.

"Case? What case?" Abhijeet and Arnav asked in unison.

"She is an undercover officer, so am I. So she actually both of us just solved our very first case of catching Shyam." Luv said casually which broke bomb on Arnav and Abhijeet's head.

"Wait, what? How?" Arnav and Abhijeet said in unison.

"I didn’t want to break this thing like this but... Sorry for giving you shock like this. Ok let's start with the introduction. I'm Khushi Singhania, undercover officer of STU which is the short form of Special Task Unit ( imaginary). Now the question arises that how I reached there.

I never wanted to bring the past but it is necessary. Please forgive me for bringing this sensitive topic. Do you remember when Arohi died I kept saying that she was murdered? I never believed that Arohi had an accident. When Arohi's case was closed I went to the police for re opening the case but they didn’t even pay any heed. Along with me another person wasn’t able to believe that Arohi died in an accident. Do you know who? Luv." Khushi stopped in the middle to see the reaction of Abhijeet. As expected she could see him upset, upset because he was reminded of her. But what could she probably do? Arohi was the sole reason behind everything.

"How did Luv come into the picture?" Abhijeet asked.

"Luv was her boyfriend. She didn’t tell anyone but I accidentally found out. She pleaded me to not to tell you as she didn’t want you to know all these by someone else. She had decided to tell everything the same day when she was kidnapped. She was supposed to be in the college waiting for him but when Luv reached there she was not there.

After the last rites of her I met Luv as I doubted that this was not everything. Everything that had been portrayed was nothing but a sham. I guess you guys don’t know but Luv is one of the best hackers i've come across. I wanted to get the cctv footage of the road and I couldn’t go to anyone else. Actually at first I went to the main office but they were adamant to not show me the cctv. They said it was Against their rules and all. So I told Luv to hack into their system and get the cctv footage. That day both I and Luv went to his house and he tried to hack into the system. But unfortunately both of us got caught. Our location had been tracked and they caught us."

"They? Who?" Abhijeet asked.

"The STU team. We thought that they were police at first and we would actually be in jail for doing something illegal. But what they said kind of shocked us. They had offered us to join them. They are very clever. They attacked us on that moment when we were not in the state of refusing. They had given us just two options either join them or go to jail as what we did was illegal.

I was confused about why they needed us. They said that they had been following me since many days. Do you remember one day I got into a fight in the market with a guy who was abusing his wife infront of the market. Then after some days I fought with some boys while coming back from college. They had been keeping tabs on me since then.

They would've proposed me this job earlier but Arohi died and things happened. So they kept all these aside. Then I dont know how they got to know that that day I would be doing something illegal and they would catch me like this. Along with me they got Luv who was an excellent hacker. We couldn’t deny them as they would actually put us in jail for hacking the cctv system. But then I put a condition infront of them that the first case we both would be working on is Arohi's case and they agreed.

After that our training begun. After college I used to go to a place where they used to train us. We had been taught aiming, shooting and many defence techniques. After nearly 3-4 months of training we were ready to join them. It was maybe some two years ago when we joined the team. For two years we weren’t able to find any single clue about this case. Do you remember I went to Goa saying I was going with my friends. But the truth is that I actually went there because of work. And while coming back from Goa, I met Arnav Singh Raizada."

"I didn’t know that ASR will lead me to the center point of this case. Things were going just usual I went to Delhi. When I was living in Raizada mansion I found out something. I found out a picture of Arohi in his sister's room. There was no chance of her picture being in his house. This thing had confused me. I really hoped that that picture would lead me to light. I searched the entire room and found out a passport. The passport had Shyam's photo but he looked different also his name was written Rahul Mehra.

I kind of had doubt on Shyam that he was in some illegal business. After I came back to Mumbai I and my team kept tab on his every move but things were turning out into his favour. We couldn’t find even a single thing against him. I was about to declare him innocent when he kidnapped us. He himself led me to the place where I had been trying to reach." Then Khushi said the entire thing that had happened after they were kidnapped.

"Ok I get everything but why didn’t you tell us?" Abhijeet asked being hurt.

"Ok I am sorry but if I had rold you, then you would never let me join the STU. And I had to join the STU to give justice to Arohi." Khushi said emotionally.

"By the way only you didn’t know bhaiya. I knew that she was in STU." Arjun said scratching the back of his head.

"What? You told him but not me? How...." Abhijeet couldn’t complete as Khushi rolled her eyes and said," Ok stop doing your emotional dramas. I didn’t tell him. He himself got to know. One day he had came into my room and saw my gun on the bed. I don’t know why he needed to get inside my room. That's why I used to tell you both to not go inside my room because you might see something which can scare you. And I even told ASR the same thing one day. After seeing the gun he confronted me and I couldn’t hide from him anymore so I had to tell him. I made him swear on me that he wouldn’t tell you about all these. And I guess he didn’t break his promise as I am alive till now." Khushi chuckled at the end but Abhijeet's one glare shut her up.

"Don’t just don’t joke okay? You kept a gun inside my house all these while and I didn’t know. Upar se Arjun knew about all these whereas I was oblivious of the fact." Abhijeet glared at both Arjun and Khushi.

"Ok you tell me, if I had told you that time that I was going to join STU then would you have let me? I know the answer is a big no and I Understand that it's because you care for me. You don’t want me to be hurt. But I had to give justice to Arohi. And this was the only way. Now if you tell me to get put of STU then I will oblige your word may what problems I might face." Khushi said.

"Yah yah karo aab emotional blackmail. Tumhe na maar parni chahiye tab tumhari akal thikane par ayegi. ( yes yes do your emotional dramas. You should get a good slap then you will mend your ways.)" Abhijeet said while Khushi pouted.

Arnav stood there looking at them. Their bonding was so pure that no one from outside would notice that they are not blood related. Sighing he again concentrated on Khushi. He was confused that who was Arohi. He was about to ask when Abhijeet again started," by the way, you said that Shyam usually kidnapped girls who doesn’t have family then why you and Arohi?"

"I don’t know about Arohi but he kidnapped me because he got to know that I remember everything about my past." Khushi said casually but the next moment she realized that she had messed up.

"Ok but how is your remembering the past is connected to him?" Abhijeet asked suspiciously.

"Woh bhaiya actually..... " Khushi couldn’t complete because Arnav interrupted in the mid saying," because we knew her before five years."

Khushi looked at Arnav widening her eyes whereas Arnav didn’t say anything. Why was he saying all these that was the only thought going on in her mind. She didn’t want to ruin their friendship that's why she had kept all these things hidden from Abhijeet. But the other part of her brain said that he had the right to know about her and her past.

"What are you..." Abhijeet tried to say something but couldn’t complete as Anjali barged in the room.

"You bloody.... How dare you? You framed my Shyamji isn’t it? Even 5 years ago you tried to frame him but you couldn’t succeed. And now you just killed him. How dare you" Anjali shouted in agony making Khushi go numb. Shyam was dead. She was happy as she has been successful in destroying Shyam. But she was also scared about how to tell all these to bhaiya. Time for some revelation and confrontation, Khushi thought to herself. God knows how he is going to take this thing but she had to tell him everything now.

"Time for some revelation and confrontation." Khushi thought to herself.

She came back to reality when she heard Anjali again," Chote, she framed him. She killed your jijaji. Chote I want my Shyamji back." Anjali was going hysterical.

Khushi was staring at Anjali blankly. "How can someone just believe another person so blindly? Whereas the sibling of the former person can't even trust his own wife."

Shaking her head she tried to say something when she heard again," Abhijeet you’re like my brother. That's why I am telling you just kick this girl out of your house. She is ominous. She will ruin your entire family just like she did with ours. She made my chote go away from me. And now she killed my husband. She is such a characterless manipulative b...."

Anjali couldn’t complete because Arnav's sudden roar," Stop, don't utter a word. Just come back to earth from whichever world you’re living in. Khushi is nowhere at fault, she was never.  "

"Chote she again made you on her side. Don't you get that? SHE KILLED HIM." Anjali shouted.

"Your so called husband kidnapped us. Do you know what he does? He was into human trafficking. He exports teenager girls to other countries. He wanted Khushi for one of his client. That's why he framed her. So even if she killed him she did a very good job. However she didn’t kill him, someone else did. Do you know if he wasn’t shot then I would've been dead by now?" Arnav said as a matter of fact.

"No, no, no my Shyamji can never do that. He can never do any illegal work." Anjali shook her head.

"He did. If you don’t believe me then just go and ask those girls whom Khushi saved today, Luv will take you to them." Arnav said.

"No, I don’t need any proof. I know everyone is trying to frame him. You guys don’t know how good he was!" Anjali cried.

"I will not leave you Khushi. I am going to kill you." Anjali said suddenly and was about to pounce on Khushi when Arnav held her hand quickly and pulled her back.

"Stop doing this Anjali Jha. Just come back to earth. I will not let you do anything to Khushi this time. Last time I couldn’t save her but this time, this time if you do something I will forget that you’re someone related to me." Arnav warned pushing her hand away.

"Just cry as much as you want but the truth will never change. You need to accept the truth. And what did you say? Khushi has made us apart? She didn’t but you did. You yourself pushed me away from your life. I wronged her for you. Your life will get easier if you accept it as quick as possible."

Anjali left from there after giving a last glare to Khushi.

Khushi kept looking at Abhijeet all the while. What will he do? She never wanted the truth to come before them like this. She should've told him as soon as she met Arnav. She was afraid of his reaction.

"B....bhaiya." Khushi whispered. Abhijeet turned towards her and snapped," Is he the one?" Abhijeet said straightly pointing at Arnav.

"Bhaiya I can explain." Khushi said. She could see anger and hurt evident in his face.

"Haa ya na (yes or no) Khushi? Is he the one?" Abhijeet raised his voice a bit.

Khushi lowered her head and nodded in affirmation. As soon as she nodded Abhijeet went straight towards Arnav and held him by his collar.

"I will not leave you Arnav Singh Raizada. You will pay for whatever you did with her." Abhijeet slapped him.

Arnav didn’t react because he knew he deserves this, he deserves worse than this. He accepted every slaps he got from Abhijeet without even uttering a single word.

Khushi's eyes widen as she saw her bhaiya's avatar.

"Bro roko unhe. Mar dalengey woh. (Bro stop his. He will kill him)" Khushi said hurriedly poking Arjun.

"Areh ruk. Entertainment dekhne de. ( stop. Let me watch the entertainment.) " Arjun said not moving from there.

Khushi glared at him and said," Ok if that's what you want then I am getting up."

Khushi was about to get up but Arjun and Luv held her back.

"You know what he deserves the beatings." Arjun said seriously this time.

"I don’t care. All I do care is I can't let a crime happen infront of my eyes. And Luv what're you doing stop him."

Luv nodded and went near them. He held a furious Abhijeet who was struggling in his grip. Arjun too came forward and held him tightly as Luv wasn’t able to hold him by all himself.

"Leave me you both. I am going to kill this man. He hurt my Khushi before five years and also now. Because of this man Khushi got shot. He is the reason why my sister can't live her life peacefully." Abhijeet growled.

Khushi had tears in her eyes hearing him. She couldn’t differentiate that of the tears were of happiness or sadness. She felt elated that her brother loved her so much. On the contrary she was sad because he has to lose his friend because of her.

"Bhaiya dont fight because of me." Khushi said slowly.

"Yah why would I fight because of you? I don’t have the right isn’t it? You know what I just realized you never thought me as your brother because if you did then you wouldn’t be hiding such a big matter from me."

Khushi shook her head as no but Abhijeet didn’t stop.

"I never asked you about your past because I didn’t want you to remember about your past. I trusted you without even knowing you completely because I always thought of you as my sister. You were never less than Arohi for me but for you I was always an outsider for you. And in that case what am I doing here? I should be leaving from here. You can stay here with those whom you think as your own." saying this Abhijeet stormed out from the room giving a death look to Arnav for the last time.

"Khushi this time I also agree with bhaiya. You shouldn’t have done that. You should've told us as soon as you met this man.but what you did? You yourself brought him home. Why did you do that Khushi?" Arjun asked.

"Bro, I know I did wrong but hear me out. When I got my memory back I decided that I won't live in my past. I wanted to move on. I promised Arohi that if someday I have to face my past then I will. I won't run away. And that day when I met Arnav Singh Raizada for a brief moment I thought to leave him there but then I couldn’t. Atleast for the sake of humanity I had to save him. You know right the road of Mumbai is not safe at night. If I had left him there then anything might have happened. So I decided to bring him home because obviously he would be leaving home the next day. But I didn’t know that he would end up becoming bhaiya's childhood best friend. I saw that Bhaiya was very happy when he met him and I didn’t want to ruin his happy moments. That's why I did what I thought the best. I kept quiet. I know I did wrong but I really didn’t mean to... To hurt you guys." Khushi sniffed.

"Ok fine. Don't start crying now because you know, Pushpa I hate tears." Arjun said trying to enlighten her mood.

"Please make him understand. You guys are my only family, the only people I have." Khushi sobbed.

"Don't worry. You know him. His anger will subside in no time. And he didn’t mean all that. He was just upset. He will come back after some time."Arjun said patting her head.

" You, Mr Arnav Singh Raizada, leave from this room. I don’t want to see you anywhere near her. Get out." Arjun threatened Arnav while Khushi chuckled in tears. She has never see Arjun giving threats to anyone and it looked actually funny.

He was about to pull Arnav out of the room when Khushi stopped him saying," bro, I need to talk to him."

"Huh like I am going to let you." Arjun mocked.

"It's important please." Khushi requested.

"Ok fine. But just 10 mimutes. I need to go to see a patient. And when I come back I don’t want to see you guys together." Arjun said and left the room.

Both of them were now alone in the room. Khushi didn’t notice when Luv left the room.

"Khushi, I know I don't deserve it. Why did you save me? Why did you take the bullet yourself?" Arnav said in a very guilty tone.

"Because it's what I would do even if anyone was there in your place."  Khushi said straightly.

"Can I ask you something? If you had doubts on Shyam then why didn’t you let me give the evidence to the police that day? Shyam would've been arrested long ago." Arnav asked curiously.

"First reason is that because I don’t wanted to mix my personal and professional matter together. Though my joining STU was due to personal matter but both were different. And the most important reason is that if I had given the evidence to police then what is the guarantee that they will keep Shyam arrested for long. Highest they will charge him for infidelity. He can come out very easily because his record was very clear. Moreover his gang will get more cautious if he is arrested." Khushi explained.

"Okay but you didn’t have to take that bullet, atleast not for me. I am truly sorry for whatever happened with you, whatever my family and I did with you. But I will make sure to get you..."

Arnav couldn’t complete as Khushi cut him in the middle," Justice? Oh please don’t bother."

"I know you pretty well Though I dont want to. I know you’re thinking to put your glass-doll di behind bars for what she did five years ago but don’t do it. First of all she is pregnant and second and most important even though she wanted to kill me but that day her plan had saved me from Shyam. If it wasn’t for her then I would've been in the same place of those girls or might have even died, who knows. And moreover I don’t want to keep any relation with your family. Just forget that someone named Khushi had come in your family." Khushi said looking down at her lap.

Arnav shook his head as no.

"I can't Khushi."

"Obviously you can. You had already moved on with Sheetal. It’s not very hard for you now. Just tell your family to find someone else for you. And you’re the ASR, any girl will get ready to get the position of Mrs ASR. So it won't be very hard. And please leave for now. I need to rest." Khushi said closing her eyes.

After a brief moment Arnav whispered with a broken tone," I am sorry for being the reason behind your sorrow. If possible please forgive me someday."
........................................................................

Khushi knew that he was genuinely sorry. She can read a person very well by his expression and she had to accept that she was exceptionally brilliant in it when the matter was about him. But his sorry can't bring back those beautiful moments which she had lost. She had lost a part of her own life just because of his misunderstanding. When she had trusted him blindly then why couldn’t he trust her just a little bit.

Her chain of thoughts broke hearing a knock on the door. She looked towards the door and saw Rekha with some other girls. Seeing them a big smile came in her face.

"Areh you guys. Come here." Khushi said trying to sit properly but Rekha came forward and helped her.

They talked about some random things for a while. Those girls were now safe. They can now live their life. Maybe they will need some time but they will soon adapt into their new life style.

The girls left after talking with her about an hour. As they left Khushi called Rekha from behind.

"Yes didi?"

"Uhm... Do you remember telling me about a girl who was killed. Do you know or remember her name?"

"Yes. Her name was uhm.... Aa.. Arohi I guess. Why didi?" hearing this Khushi closed her eyes tightly. She didn’t know why but she was having this feeling that the girl was Arohi.

"Not..nothing. Just curious. Take care of yourself. Bye" Khushi said waving her uninjured hand.

As soon as she left tears started falling from her eyes freely. She can't even imagine through how much pain she had gone through. She had avenge her death by putting all of them behind the bars and by killing Shyam but all these can never bring her back. She wished that Arohi was still alive.

"Why are you crying Khushi?" said Luv who entered the room.

Wiping her tears she whispered," It’s paining."

Luv thought that maybe her injured hand was paining.

"I'll call the doctors."

As Luv was about to go Khushi called him from behind saying it wasn’t paining her that much and no need to call the doctor. She told him to sit beside her.

"Thank you Luv for loving her this much." Khushi said looking at him.

"And thank you for avenging her death. I never knew that you guys were not blood related. If it was not for you then we would've never been able to give her justice." Luv smiled looking at her to which she smiled back.

........................................................................

It's been three days she had been staying here in this hospital. Abhijeet was still very much upset with her but still never forgot to show his concern.

"Bhaiya please smile na." Khushi said while eating whereas Abhijeet was feeding her.

"I'm not some kind of maniac to laugh without any reason." Abhijeet said without looking at her.

"Then atleast look at me na. It's been three days, three fuc..." Khushi couldn’t complete as Abhijeet glared at her. Khushi bit her lips seeing him.

"I think I should use swear words more often. Atleast you look at me even if it is to glare at me."

"Shut up and eat." Abhijeet said.

After feeding her he got up but felt a tug on his hand. He looked at his hand and saw her hand holding that.

She pulled him and made him sit down. She then carefully hugged him taking care of her injured hand.

"I can't bear it anymore. Please forgive me bhaiya. I promise I won't do anything stupid anymore. I will always listen to you. I will share every big and small matter of my life with you. I will never say no to you. But please don’t be aloof like this. Its hurts like hell." Khushi said.

Abhijeet could feel his shirt getting wet. He slowly raised his hand and patted her head.

"Shh... It's okay. Calm down. Stop your water works you’re wetting my shirt." Abhijeet said calming her down.

"I didn’t meant to *sob* hurt you *sob*. I wanted *sniff* I didn’t want *sob* to break *sniff* to break your friendship." Khushi cried in his arms.

"Ok ok stop crying. You will never let me be angry on you for long time." Abhijeet sighed.

After some moments Khushi's sob subsided.

"Please forgive me."

"Ok I am not angry on you anymore. Just promise me that you won't hide anything from now on. I was just upset that I couldn’t fulfil the duty of a brother. Maybe that's why you didn’t feel at ease to share your thoughts with me." Abhijeet said in a sad tone while Khushi shook her head vigorously.

"No bhaiya it’s nothing like that. I told you that I never wanted you to break your friendship because of me. That's why I kept quiet. But from now I will never hide anything from you." Khushi promised.

"You better not. But for now sleep." Saying this Abhijeet kissed her on forehead and came out of the room.

........................................................................

Khushi was back to Singhania Mansion. Her hand was still not fine or as she says it her hand was under development. When she came back to Singhania mansion she didn’t see any of the Raizadas there. She didn’t even asked anyone as she was least interested. She has shared her past with Arjun and Abhijeet. The only thing both brothers said after hearing her was," I'm so proud of you for choosing your self respect over everything." Khushi smiled remembering that. Sheetal and the other memebers of Shyam's gang were now in jail. Abhijeet also didn’t refuse her to join STU again much to her happiness. He only told her to not do anything which can harm her and be careful.

Remembering that she smiled to herself when she heard a knock.

"Come in." Khushi said.

As she looked at the door she saw mami and nani coming inside the room. She had met mami in the hospital before but seeing nani was someone she didn’t expect.

"Namaste naniji, namaste mami." She said sitting properly.

"How are you?" mami asked with concern.

"Fine as you can see. I can now even do push ups. But you know the doctors and how irritating they are. They said that U should take bed rest."

"Khushi bitiya, please forgive me." Nani said out of blue making her uncomfortable.

"Uhm naniji why you... Uhm don’t ask sorry. I am younger than you." Khushi said scratching the back of her head.

"Maybe I am older than you in age but you’re much more mature than me. I realized that I have done so much wrong with you. I was so blind in my love for my children that I couldn’t see your innocence. I know my mere sorry won't reduce the sufferings you’ve gone through but still I wanted to ask forgiveness."

Khushi didn’t know what to do. Truth to be told, she can never forgive the Raizadas especially nani, Anjali and most importantly Arnav. But when it comes to nani she was in dilemma.

"It’s okay naniji, mistakes happen." she doesn’t know why she uttered those words because she didn’t mean them. But maybe another side of hee couldn't see an elderly woman asking forgiveness from her. So she had to say it even though she didn’t mean that.

"Khushi, we're leaving Mumbai today. Just wanted to meet you before leaving." mami said.

Khushi came downstairs to see them off after a small argument as nani and mami said she needed to rest but she didn’t budge. As she came out she saw Arnav standing outside of the car. Obviously if they are leaving that means Arnav will also be leaving Mumbai. She didn’t look at his direction anymore. She hugged mami for the last time biding bye.

She was about to enter the house when Arnav came by her and said," I know that you’ll never be able to forgive us but thanks for atleast talking to her."

Khushi understood that he was talking about his nani.

"I know that no matter how much you change you can never disrespect those who are elder than you maybe that's why you couldn’t say anything to nani. Thanks for being the same from your heart even if you’re changed from outside. I know you can never forgive me but still I will try to earn your forgiveness and this time I will try to be the Arnav you always wanted. I will watch you being happy from being away from you. Though I'll be staying in Mumbai from now on but I won't cross your path. But remember that if you need me anytime for anything I am just one call away. I know you will never accept me in your life but for me you will always be a part of my life. Good bye."

Khushi gulped looking at him. He gave a small smile as a tear left his eyes.

"I am sorry that because of me you’ve got hurt but I promise I'll try to repay that even if it costs my life." saying this he left from there giving her one last smile.

She knows that he meant whatever he said because she could see sincerity in his eyes. But she wasn’t ready for another heart break this time. Her throat was paining. She closed her eyes and took a long breathe to compose her and entered the house shutting the door behind her. Maybe it’s the end of them or maybe just a new beginning. Only time can tell that.

So here is the end. I don’t know if I've been able to justice with the characters but that's how I thought to end. Do share your views on that. And as you can see it was a very hasty ending because I've become very busy. I'll be having exams from the mid of this month till April- May. Which means I'm taking a break till may. I'll start updating season 2 from May. Sorry for taking such a huge break but I can't help right? Hope to see you guys back after three months. I'll let you guys know when I start the new season by adding a notice in this book only. Till then stay safe. And yah do tell me if you’ve reached the story's ending and vote if you liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 6.5K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
190K 6.8K 24
This is a story about Khushi Gupta and Arnav Singh Raizada. They were both in love with each other since childhood.However, due to some misunderst...
266K 9.4K 18
A continuation of ipkknd from the sheetal track. what if khushi is thrown out by Anjali ,shyam,Dadi and sheetal by heir cruel plans on a mid Night...
150K 5.6K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...