The Royal Secrets

Oleh EadlynSchreave0915

16 years ago Maxon Schreave chose Kriss Ambers. America left heartbroken but not alone. She gained twins. Now... Lebih Banyak

Intro
The Reunion
Mine?
The Results
The Truth
Maxon?
All is Revealed
The Affair
The Report
She's Awake
Recovering
Authors note
Another question
Exposed
I Love You
Another one?
Surprise!
The Wedding
The Reception
New and improved

The Fight

915 8 5
Oleh EadlynSchreave0915

Eadlyn POV

It had been a week since dad took us to the palace. I still went to school though I had to leave a little early and now took a royal car. In an effort to keep people from finding out about us just yet Ahren and I were dropped off away from the rest of the students. Only my principal and a few of our teachers knew the truth. Dad was working on changing our last name which wasn't hard. The hard part was keeping it from people until he announced his divorce and explained the situation to Illéa. He was very nervous of the publics reaction. He knew they loved mom but didn't want it to seem like he was just abandoning Kriss. I was scared of the attention I might receive from the other kids. Normally royal children were taught by tutors but because we had only received a public education and weren't officially royal yet, we attended regular school.

I realized that once dad and mom married that I would be the heir. Dad was going to change the law to allow me to be the next ruler of Illéa, even though I was a woman. Part of me thought it was cool, but I had not been prepared for this. Dad was trained from birth to be king and I was going to learn how to be a queen in only a few years. He said that I could start working with him when I got home from school. It so strange to think of the palace as home but that's what it was. To me home isn't the place where I grew up nor where I lived. Home was where my family was.

I smiled to myself as I looked in the mirror. The maids had made me a pretty blue blouse that paired with grey pants and a pair of heels. I wore a blazer over top and it made me look older and more mature. My hair was pulled back into a bun. I wore pearl earrings and simple makeup. I took one last look and walked to meet with dad.

I knocked on his door and opened it a little. He was sitting at his desk with his reading glasses on. He had a paper in his hand but looked up when I stepped inside. "Hi sweetheart." he smiled as I closed the door and walked over to his desk. "You look very nice. Very royal." I blushed. I still wasn't used to the idea of princess. Even if mom wasn't queen yet I was still technically princess. "Hi daddy. What are you working on?"

"Just a report. How was school?"

"It was good. Boring and slow, but it was good."

He chuckled. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked, wanting to be productive.

He looked up at me. "If you really want, you can help me with this speech. We are hosting the Swendish royal family next month and I need to make a dinner speech. Oh that reminds me you're going to need a dress since we will have announced everything by then."

"Ok. I will gladly help you with your speech." I sat down and we both worked for a couple hours. The clock chimed and I looked up to see the time. It was four in the afternoon. Dad looked up from his work again and set his glasses down. "Want to go meet everybody downstairs? Maybe we can do something before dinner?"

"Ok. I want to put something more comfy on first."

"Alright I will meet you down there then." we left and I headed to my room to put on some leggings and a sweater. I took my hair out and put it into a side braid. I leaned down to put my flats on. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind and I felt a cold sensation on my throat. A hand covered my mouth. "If you scream I will slit your throat." the voice said menacingly. I stayed silent. The person took me through a hidden door and down a dark hallway. We went down some stairs and walked a bit more before they pushed on another door and it opened into the Womens Room. I saw my whole family but their backs were turned. We walked out of the dark and the voice spoke again. "Hello Maxon."

Maxon POV

I was waiting for Eadlyn with America and Ahren when I heard a voice behind me. "Hello Maxon." I turned to see Kriss holding a knife to Eadlyn's throat. I tensed and tried to stay calm. I was terrified. I didn't know what Kriss would do.

"Eadlyn!" America stood up and tried to move toward her but I held her back with one arm. I could see the panic in Eadlyn's eyes and I started to panic myself.

"So heres how this is going to go. I am going to stay as queen and she is going to take these two and go back home. Actually why don't we just send her to Carolina. Everybody wins. I get my husband and my crown and you get to live." she said talking in Eadlyn's ear. She shivered at her words.

"Kriss let her go!" I demanded taking a small step forward. She pressed the knife in. Eadlyn winced and shut her eyes. I could see she was trying not to cry. "Oh come now Maxon. You wouldn't want to be stubborn now would you? Not when I have your precious daughter's life in my hands. Why I could kill her before you even blink." She press the knife further. Tears spilled from Eadlyn's eyes as she opened them and looked at us. "Daddy, Mommy, Ahren, I love you." No this couldn't be happening. I was not going to lose my daughter. "Eadlyn don't talk like that we're going to save you."

"Oh are you now? Well think again." Kriss removed the knife from her throat and lowered it. She gave me a smirk and brought her hand around to Eadlyn's stomach. She plunged it into her stomach and twisted it. A scream ripped from Eadlyn as she stood there with her mouth open and eyes shut. She opened them and started panting. More tears streamed down her face.

"NO!" America and I both shouted. All of a sudden guards burst through the doors and Kriss held Eadlyn tighter as she turned slightly. "Don't think about it. One wrong move and i'll do it again."

Eadlyn's shirt was almost completely soaked on the bottom as blood seeped through. Her breathing was becoming more uneven. "Last chance Maxon. Stop the divorce or say goodbye to your little girl."

I looked at Eadlyn. I was about to try and negotiate when she spoke. "Don't do it daddy. You and mom have been apart for too long. I can die in peace. I finally got to meet my dad. It's ok."

"No. Kriss stop please stop. I will do whatever you want just please let her go." I couldn't hold back anymore and tears started sliding down my face. I looked at America. She was sobbing with her hands over her mouth. Ahren stared at his sister in pure terror. I grabbed him by his arm and shoved him towards the guards. They grabbed him and pulled him away to a safe place. I reached for America but she pulled away. "I'm not leaving you or our daughter."

We looked at Kriss. "Please let her go." I begged her. "See Maxon you're not getting this. All I have to do I remove this and let her bleed. Or I can stab her again and make it even harder for you to save her." I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do. Any movement towards her and she could slit Eadlyn's throat. The talks weren't working.

"What do you want me to do. I already said I would stop the divorce."

"Great. Now send them away. Tell America she has to leave and send her away."

I turned to her and she did the same. We both knew that the minute America left Kriss would have no use for Eadlyn and she would be vulnerable without her. Kriss would either kill her anyway or let her go and die herself.

Kriss sighed as she removed the knife and plunged it a little higher up into Eadlyn's stomach. Eadlyn let out another cry as her eyes widened more. A gasp escaped her mouth. "NO! no no please no!" America cried as she reached for our daughter.

I could see the blood pooling at her feet running down her leggings and spilling from the knife and the wound just below it. She twisted the knife hard making more and more blood spill. I stuttered trying to find the words that could possibly save her. Just then a gunshot rang out.

Kriss dropped to floor. The bullet hitting her in the middle of the forehead. I looked over as Aspen lowered his gun. Marlee and Carter were standing behind him. Eadlyn looked down and fell. America and I ran to her as fast we could. She lay on the floor with her arms out on either side of her body. She was struggling to breath and I could see the color fading from her skin as she continued to bleed. I put my hand under her head and instinctively pressed my other hand to the wound that didn't have the knife in it. I knew that you shouldn't remove a weapon from a persons body unless it was the doctor because it would prevent more blood from coming out. I looked from the wound to her face. America was on the other side of her and was holding her hand. Eadlyn looked at her. "Mommy I love you. Don't ever forget it ok." America sobbed and kissed her hand. "Don't say that. We're gonna save you ok."

She reached her hand up to the side of my face. Tears streamed down my cheeks and she wiped a few with her thumb. "Daddy I love you. Even though we didn't get much time together I still love you and I always have." I raised her head "No. I refuse to give up. I won't lose you."

"I will always be with you daddy. I love you." She closed her eyes and her hand dropped from my face. Her other hand went limp in America's and her fingers stopped gripping. NO! NO! Kriss was not stealing my daughter from me. I put my arm under her knees and slide my other arm further under her head. I picked her up and ran as fast as I could to the hospital wing. When I got there the doctor immediately tended to her. Rushing her into surgery. America and I were rushed out of the room and we sat together on a couch along the wall outside the door.

America sobbed into my chest as I held her with one arm. My other rubbing Ahren's back as he leaned his head on his intertwined hands. I sensed he was praying for his sister. Marlee, Carter, Aspen, Lucy, and Mary all stood or sat around the Hospital Wing waiting room as well.

"Everything is going to be ok. She's gonna make it." I kissed America's head and repeated it over and over again in my head.

After what seemed like hours the doctor came out. We all stood and he walked over to us. "She's alive. We were able to repair the damage made to her stomach and intestines which were thankfully mild." we all sighed but the relief was short lived. "Unfortunately she lost a lost of blood. Nearly forty percent." I inhaled deeply and tried to stay calm. America covered her mouth with her hand. "So what does that mean?" I asked. His next words made my heart crack. "She is currently in a coma. We are unsure if she will wake up." I put my hands on my face and turned away.

"Can we see her?" America spoke up though her voice was shaky from crying. "Yes but she is hooked up to a machine that is helping her breathe and it's not an easy sight. I suggest your son stay here." we nodded and turned to Ahren. "We are going to see her but the doctor thinks you should stay here for the time being ok?" he nodded. I kissed his forehead and America gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

We held hands and followed the nurse to Eadlyn's bed. America lost it and rushed over to Eadlyn's side. She held her hand and pressed kisses to it. I walked to the opposite side and put my hand on her head. I rubbed her forehead with my thumb and kissed the same spot. I pulled a chair close and grabbed her other hand. In that moment I was alone with the two most important women in my life and I couldn't stay strong anymore. I sobbed into Eadlyn's hand and let the feelings come not caring who saw anymore. Please god please don't take my little girl.

Hey guys. This was a very emotional chapter for me to write but it was a unique way to get Kriss out of the picture. What will happen with Eadlyn though? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to leave a vote. I love you guys. follow me for updates.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

135K 2.4K 27
With America and Maxon finally married they can start a life together, the Southern rebels have taken a break from attacking the new King and Queen o...
Maxerica Oleh Wolf

Fiksi Penggemar

330K 4.2K 111
Maxon and America have been married for three months. With the stress of new Asia, the caste system, and a woman getting between them, will they find...
11.6K 215 22
Credit to Kiera Cass: I DO NOT OWN THE SELECTION PLOT LINE. *story takes place during The One* America has it tough as it is choosing if she really w...
14K 296 29
1st book in the 'Afterwards' series America was devastated that Maxon chose Kriss. America was invited to stay at the palace for 1 month to help p...