Tidal Wave (Robby Keene/Book...

By Perle_Daisy

"Why is it when you finally start acting like me, you get kicked?" "Rotten lu-" ****************************... More

Characters/Cast
First Impressions
Day One in Hell
I time traveled to Saturday!
A Failed Halloween Dance
The Yogurt Fiasco
Joyful Pain
Dead Pigs for Everyone!
Twice in the Gut
Beach Plans
No Show
Hockey Doesn't Count!
20 Dollars
What about Lydia?
Mischief Mastermind
Diminished Hopes
Change of Plans
Secrets Revealed
Battle of the Semi's
Dislocations are Common for Surfer's
Book Two

Proof

4.4K 104 14
By Perle_Daisy

"I'm heading to work, Amanda and Danial are taking a personal day, so I'm going to help out today." My mom yelled from the front door.

"Ok-" I was cut off by the door slamming shut. I plopped onto the couch, flipping on the TV. I scrolled through Netflix, looking for anything to watch. I stopped scrolling when I landed on Vampire Diaries. I sighed, deciding that there was nothing else to watch and flipped it on. 

HELP ME!!!

What happened this time? Did you kiss Miguel again?

I joked throwing my phone down, remembering our call from yesterday. As soon as her date with Miguel was ended, she facetimed me. She wouldn't stop talking about how amazing the date was. She talked about how, they played golf, arcade games and then at the end, he tried showing her a karate move, when she jumped on his leg and swung him forward so he landed on the ground. In return, I told her about how I was stood up by a friend and ended up surfing for 2 straight hours. 

I picked up my phone when I heard my notification bell went off. 

My mom and grandma are starting world war 3!!

Oh I'm sorry

Your coming over later to do some training with my dad, right?

Yes, I am. Why?

Would you want to come over right now and save me?

Sure.

What would you do without me?

Your right, there is nothing I could do without you.

I know!

Get your butt over here

Coming!

I shut the TV off quickly and run upstairs to get changed. When I reach my room, I throw on a white tank top that ends a good 2 and 1/2 inches above my belly button. Then I pull on some loose high-waisted grey sweats. I layered on a lighter gray sweater to finish off the outfit. I throw my hair in a messy bun.  

"I don't know if you know this, but your dad has an extremely good looking boy, our age, working for him and training in karate with him." I explain laughing. 

"Really?" She said looking over at me from her chair.

"Mhm." I nod my head.

"Quick question, yesterday when you said your friend stood you up, you said you surfed for two hours. You any good?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, I was state champ back in Jersey." I shrugged.

"Got any proof?" She questioned raising her eyebrow.

"You don't believe me?" I asked in disbelief.

"No, it's not that. Well maybe it's that." She said smiling in a goofy manner. 

"Okay fine. Look up New Jersey State Surfing Competition." I told her laughing while getting up out of my chair and walking over to her.

She opened a new tab on YouTube and looked up what I told her. I leaned over her and tapped a video on her mouse pad. I fast forwarded the video to my turn. This was actually the biggest wave I've ever surfed in my life. It started by me doing the bottom turn to begin, then moving on to me carving along the water. The first trick I did was a clean off-the-lip turn, then leading me into a cutback. Then I got in position to preform a 540 Ally Oop flip. I landed the trick with precision and grace and continued to ride the wave. The camera kept switching to close ups and then full wave views. When it switched to close up, you could see I was concentrated because my eyebrows were furrowed, making me look mad. Video me then went to the top of the wave and tried a  kickflip, landing it and doing another one right after. The wave was coming to an end, so to finish my run I carved and turned the other way, heading in the other direction now. I did a quick tail slide and a Kerrupt flip. The final piece was depending on the wave. I watched from over Sam's shoulder as the wave past me was riding started to turn into a barrel. 

I remember that moment as clear as day, all I could think about was how lucky I was that the wave was ending like this. I was so worried I was going to screw up, I didn't realize that I was barrel riding until I was. From the ocean, I could hear a round of applause from the crowds on the beach. 

When I reached the sand, I had the biggest smile on my face. My hair was tied up in a ponytail and I was wearing a black short sleeve rash guard and boxer short bottoms. I had dropped my board when my friends came running towards me, tackling me. 

"That was awesome." Sam said in awe.

"I told you." I was smirking at her from over head. I heard a ring of wind chimes and looked up to see Robby turn around quickly and embarrassed. He must've ran into them. I stood up, followed by Sam.

"Oh hey." Sam smiled at him, while I crossed my arms.

"Hi. Sorry I was looking for Mr. Larusso, he's been training me back in the dojo." He flashed an award winning smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Than I should thank you. He tried roping me into it." She said, playing with her phone. I silently looked at myself and her. While she was wearing a cute bathing suit and skirt thingy, while I wore sweatpants, a tank top and sweater and a messy bun. I sighed. 

"So you must be the daughter he talks about all the time." He continually smiles. It was becoming really hard to stay mad at him.

"I would hope so." Sam exclaimed jokingly. "All good things I hope." 

"Nope, all he talks about is how he prefers Anthony over you, and how your so high maintenance." I say sarcastically, walking over to grab my bag from beside my chair. 

"Hey Lydia." Robby, finally seemed to notice I was here.

"Hello." I reply with no emotion. 

"I'm Sam." Sam said, interjecting herself back into the conversation.

"Robby." He replied.

"Look at this." Mr. LaRusso said from behind Robby. "My current students and my former student." He started walking towards us. 

"You know, if you want to join us Sam, there's still time." He looked directly at Sam while saying this piece. I hung my bag across my body, watching the interaction hoping he could persuade Sam to come so things wouldn't be awkward.  

"I'm actually going to the mall with mom and grandma." Sam said sighing. 

"You suck." I told her, lightly bumping her arm with mine. She looked at me and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Oh that's good, just text me if there's any bloodshed." He looked at Sam smiling I looked at everyone, my eyes were stuck on Robby as he looked at Sam like she was the only thing in the room or area because we were outside. "Robby can you help me with this, we're gonna take the SUV." He said handing Robby a bag. "Bye sweetheart." 

"Bye dad, have fun." Sam responded.

"Good luck." He shouted before walking to the car.

"It was nice meeting you." Robby said politely.

"You too, and uh good luck with the tree." Sam added mischievously. Robby looked confused and went to talk with Mr. LaRusso. 

"I'll see you later." I hugged her quickly. 

"Your right, he is good looking. Good luck with that." She smiled mischievously this time. 

"Shut up." I scoffed at her before walking towards Robby and Danial. We all started to walk away when I turned around and started walking backwards. 

"Make sure you take video if there's a fight." I shouted at Sam, smiling. "Oh and I bet you twenty bucks I wont fall off the tree once!" 

"Your on." She agreed. I turned back around and walked to the SUV, Robby giving me a confused look.

Ta-Da! Finished another chapter!! Yay I'm excited for the next one! Comment and Vote!!

Thanks 

-Daisy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 8.9K 21
Maeve Lawrence was a normal girl in Highschool with a little friend group. Until there's a new kid in her apartment area who starts to stand up for h...
4.7K 110 25
Kai Adams isn't the most social or talkative person but he doesn't take shit from anyone, maybe that was because of his father (Dutch) who wasn't aro...
8.8K 351 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...
3.1K 88 12
Miguel's in a coma, you've quit karate, and you're relationship with hawk has gone down the drain as you switch to your brother's side. Can anything...