The Mandalorian (Din Djarin x...

By LayceJ25

Two lone gunfighters make their way through the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the Ne... More

Chapter 1: The Mandalorian And The Dar'manda
Chapter 2: The Child
Chapter 3: The Sin
Chapter 4: Sanctuary
Chapter 5: The Gunslinger
Chapter 6: The Prisoner
Chapter 8: Redemption
Chapter 9: The Marshal
Chapter 10: The Passenger
Chapter 11: The Heiress
Chapter 12: The Siege
Chapter 13: The Jedi
Chapter 14: The Tragedy
Chapter 15: The Believer
Chapter 16: The Rescue
Chapter 17: Return Of The Mandalorian And The Dar'manda
Chapter 18: From The Desert Comes A Stranger
Chapter 19: In The Name of Honor
A/N

Chapter 7: The Reckoning

3.7K 115 46
By LayceJ25

(Y/n) was rocking the Child to sleep in her arms as the Razer Crest continued on its travel through space. Mando looks over at them and smirks as he sees the Child sleeping in her arms.

But the moment is short lived as a hologram message pops up. The two hunters look over and see that it is Greef Karga.  "My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other." Greef said and the two hunters share a look.

"The man who hired you two is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown. They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy but we cannot get close enough to take him out. If you and your partner would consider one last commission, I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters. But they will not stop until they have their prize." He continued but (y/n) could feel that something was off about this.

"So here is my proposition: Return to Nevarro, bring the Child as bait. I will arrange an exchange and provide loyal Guild members as protection. Once we get near the client, you two kill him, and all of us get what we want. If you succeed, you and your partner keep the Child and I will have both of your names cleared with the Guild, for a man of honor should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism." Greef finished and the message finished then Mando turns to (y/n).

"I've got a bad feeling about this, Din." (Y/n) said. "Yeah, me too." He said as (y/n) looks down at the Child. "But...if we don't do something...they'll keep coming..." Mando said and (y/n) frowns then let's out a sigh. "We're gonna need backup." She said and he nods. "Agreed." He said and he turns back to the main dashboard and sets a course. Then the ship jumps into hyperspace.

Minutes later, they arrive in Sorgan and Mando lands the ship in a clearing. Then the two hunters, after setting the Child in the carrier, head out.

In the common house, Cara Dune was in a laser tethered boxing match against a male Zabrak. They trade blows until she was able to knock him out and the crowd cheers. "Pay up, mudscuffers! Come on." Cara said and the patrons began paying her. "That's mine, thank you. Thank you." She said as Mando and (y/n) walk in.

"Looking for some work?" Mando asked her and she smiles at them then gestures towards a table.

Sometime later, after getting some spotchka, Mando and (y/n) begins to explain their plan. "It seems like a straightforward operation. They're providing the plan and firepower, (y/n) and I are the snare." Mando said. "With the kid?" Cara asked. "That's why we're coming to you." (y/n) said. "I don't know. I've been advised to lay low. If anybody runs my chain code I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life." Cara explains.

"I thought you were a veteran." (Y/n) said, questioning, as the Zabrak boxer comes up and drops some coins on the table. "Come back soon." Cara said to him, sweetly, and the Zabrak walks away. Cara turns back to the hunters and said. "I've been a lot things since, most of them carry a life sentence. If I so much as book passage on a ship registered to the New Republic I'm--"

"We have a ship. We can bring you there and back with a handsome reward. You can live free of worry." (Y/n) said. "I'm already free of worry. And I'm not in the mood to play soldier anymore. Especially fighting some local warlord." Car said as she picks up her cup.

"He's not a local warlord. He's Imperial." Mando said and Cara stops and looks at him then she starts to smile, slowly. "I'm in." she said and takes a sip of her drink.

"Does your contact need to vet me?" Cara asked the hunters as they sit in the cockpit of the ship, as it traveled through space. "Doesn't know you're coming." Mando said. "Really? That can be a problem." Cara said. "It won't. But if it is, that's his problem." (y/n) said and her and Mando leave the cockpit and Cara follows them.

"He all right up there alone?" Cara asked, referring to the Child, as Mando opens the weapons vault. "Yeah." Mando and (y/n) said, in unison, and Cara ogles the weapons.

"Pick one." Mando said and Cara begins to inspect the weapons. "You trust the contact?" Cara asked the two hunters. "Not particularly." Mando said as (y/n) shakes her head. "We've had a run-in last time we were there on some Guild business." Mando said.

"So then why are we going?" Cara asked. "We don't have a choice. You saw what happened on Sorgan. They'll keep sending hunters. The kid'll never be safe until the Imp is dead." (y/n) said. "And you two are okay with bringing him back there?" Cara asked them, her eyebrow raised. "Not really. That's why we're bringing you." Mando said. 

Suddenly, the ship shakes and banks, making everyone stumble a bit. They climb up into the cockpit to find the Child playing with the ship's controls. Mando grabs the Child, hands it to (y/n) and stabilizes the ship.

"We're gonna need someone to watch that thing." Cara said as she nods at the Child while (y/n) rocks him. "Yeah..." Mando and (y/n) said. "You guys got anyone you can trust?" Cara asked them and Mando and (y/n) share a look, coming to the same conclusion.

"Whoa! Easy, Whoa!" Kuiil said to the creature as the Razer Crest lands near his moisture farm. Moments later, Mando, Cara and (y/n) enter Kuiil's residence with the Child in a floating crib.

"It hasn't grown much." Kuiil said, gesturing at the Child. "I think it might be a strand-cast." Mando said. "I don't think it was engineered. I've worked in the gene farms. This one looks evolved. Too ugly. This one on the other hand..." Kuiil said then points at Cara. "...looks like she was farmed in the Cytocaves of Nora." 

"This is Cara Dune. She was a shock-trooper." (Y/n) explains and Kuiil looks up at her. "You were a dropper?" he asked. "Did you serve?" Cara asked him. "On the other side, I'm afraid. But I'm proud to say that I paid out my clan's debt and now I serve no one but myself." Kuiil said then IG-11 enters the building with a tray.

Mando, Cara send (y/n) jump up and draw their blasters on the droid. "Would anyone care for some tea?" the droid asked and Kuiil gets between them. "Please lower your blasters. He will not harm you." Kuiil assures.

"That thing is programmed to kill the baby." (Y/n) said in a low tone. "Not anymore." Kuiil said as IG-11 places the tray on the table. "It was left behind in the wake of your destruction. I found it, laying where it fell, devoid of all life. I recovered the flotsam and staked it as my own in accordance with the Charter of the New Republic. Little remained of its neural harness. Reconstruction was quite difficult, but not impossible. It had to learn everything from scratch. This is something that cannot be taught with the twist of a spanner. It requires patience, repetition. I spent day after day reinforcing its development with patience and affirmation. It developed a personality as its experiences grew." Kuiil explains.

"Is it still a hunter?" Mando asked him. "No. But it will protect." Kuiil said as IG-11 lifts up a cup. "Tea?" it asked and everyone gives each other confused looks.

Later, Kuiil was tending to a blurrg when Mando comes up to him. "I've run into some problems." he said. "I figured as much. Why else would you return?" Kuiil said. "I wanna hire your services." said Mando. "I'm retired from service." Kuiil reminds him.

"I can pay you handsomely, Ugnaught." Mando said. "I have a name. It is Kuiil." Kuiil said and Mando nods, slightly. "I need someone to protect the little one, Kuiil." he said. "I'm not suited for such work. I can reprogram IG-11 for nursing and protocol." Kuiil said. "No! I don't want that droid anywhere near him." Mando said, firmly, and Kuiil turns to him.

"Why are you so distrustful of droids?" Kuiil asked him. "It tried to kill him." Mando explained. "It was programmed to do so. Droids are not good or bad. They are neutral reflections of those who imprint them." Kuiil said. "I've seen otherwise." Mando growls, and Kuiil looks up at him.

"Do you trust me?" Kuiil asked him, curiously. "From what I can tell, yes." Mando replied. "Then you will trust my work. IG-11 will join me. And we do it not for payment, but to protect the Child from Imperial slavery. None will be free until the old ways are gone. Forever." said Kuiil. "Okay." Mando said. Kuiil nods then starts to walk away.

"And the blurrgs will join me as well." He said. "The blurrgs?" Mando asked. "I have spoken." Kuiil said as he walks off.

After getting some blurrg's in the ship, the Razer Crest begins to take off and leave Arvala-7 behind. Minutes later, Mando and Cara start to arm wrestle to pass the time while Kuiil, (y/n) and the Child watch on. "I got you, Mando." Cara said as the two struggle to take their opponent out. "Care to double the bet?" Mando asked and (y/n) shakes her head at this.

The Child looks on, worried, then looks up at (y/n), confused at why she wasn't doing anything. So he turns back to Mando and raises his hand. At that moment, (y/n) felt that odd sense of power again just as Cara begins to gasp for air. Mando jumps at this then him and (y/n) look at the Child before both of them go to him and grab him.

"No! No no, stop!" (Y/n) said just as Mando said. "We're friends, we're friends! Cara is our friend!" Then Cara was able to breath as she begins to gasp for air while Kuiil watched this with curiosity.

"That is not okay!" Cara exclaimed. "Very curious." Kuiil said and Cara looks over at him in anger. "Curious?! It almost killed me!" she yelled. "The story you told me of the mudhorn now makes more sense." Kuiil said as he turns to Mando and (y/n).

"What is it?" Mando asked him. "What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this, this I've heard rumours of." Kuiil replied. "What? When you worked for the Empire?" Cara growls. "When I was sold to the Empire, in indentured servitude." Kuiil said. "Yet somehow, you walk free." Cara grumbles.

"I bought my freedom through the skill of my hands and the labour of three of your human lifetimes. Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am nor whom I shall serve." Kuiil said as IG-11 approaches and it and Cara stare at each other.

"Tell you what. I can really use your craftwork right now. Can you pad this container so the Child can sleep better?" Mando asked as he gestures towards the Child's carrier. "I shall fabricate a better one. Then perhaps this dropper can see how one can win their freedom with the skill of one's hands." Kuiil said and moment later, he got to work on it with the Child by his side.

"So we're going to Nevarro." Cara said as her, Mando and (y/n) sit in the cockpit. "Have you ever been?" (y/n) asked her. "No. We lost all of our forces there. The city's dug in pretty deep. There's no cover when you drop in. Stayed in Empire control till the end of the war." Cara replied.

"The warlord we're taking out was an Imperial officer." Mando explains. "What station?" Cara asked. "Hard to tell. No insignia anymore. We took out the safehouse when we snatched the kid. More Imps have reinforced since." (y/n) said. "There is something more going on." Cara said. "Maybe. We'll find out more when we land." Mando said just as IG-11 enters the cockpit.

"I have prepared second meal. Would you care to be served here or below?" The droid asked. "I'm not hungry." Mando replied, flatly, while Cara and (y/n) shake their head and the droid leaves.

"Under no circumstances does that thing leave the ship." Mando said, firmly. "You got a real thing for droids, don't you." Cara remarks. "I got a real thing for that droid." Mando said. "The Ugnaught said he rewired it." Cara said. "That droid was designed to kill things. I don't care how much wiring he replaced, it goes against its nature." Mando said and Cara frowns a bit at him. "Well, shouldn't be a long job anyway. You take out the head Imp, the rest will run like rats." Cara said and she leaves the cockpit. 

(Y/n) looks down then turns to Mando. "What if that droid has changed?" She asked and Mando sighs. "Don't you start." He said. "It could be possible..." (y/n) brings up. "A droid is a droid. As I just said, it goes against its nature." He said then he turns to her. "You know as well as I do that droids are killers." Mando said and (y/n) starts to have a flashback of the day her and Mando's parents were killed.

She sighs, turns her head away and looks out the window as they head to Nevarro.

Eventually, the Razer Crest approach Nevarro and lands as Greef and three of his associates were waiting. After landing, Mando, Cara, Kuiil and (y/n) exit the ship, mounted on blurrgs. "Sorry for the remote rendezvous, Mando. But things have gotten complicated since you were last here. It appears that introductions are in order. It seems we've both provided a security detail. I recommend the shock-trooper guards the ship, these lava fields are lousy with Jawas." Greef said. 

"She's coming with us." (Y/n) said to him, firmly. "But the town is now run by ex-Empire. If a rebel dropper is with us, they'll all get their hackles up." Greef tries to argue. "She's coming." Mando said, firmly, and Greef sighs. "Fine. Fine. At least cover your tattoo. No need to flaunt it. Now, where is the little one?" Greef asked and Mando has the floating crib move forward and opens up, revealing the Child.

"So...this little bogwing is what all the fuss was about." Greef said as he takes the Child out of the crib. "What a precious little creature. I can see why you didn't wanna harm a hair on its wrinkled little head." He said then he places the Child back in the crib. "Well, I'm glad this matter will be put to rest once and for all." Greef said and Mando recalls the crib.

"The sun drops fast on Nevarro. We can walk for a spell and camp out on the river bank, then make our way into town at first light." Greef said and the group began to travel.

That night, they make camp and have a fire with some meat on a spit. One of the bounty hunters scoops up some lava for the fire and Kuiil feeds the Child while everyone eyes each other, suspiciously. "I guess the little bugger's a carnivore. Never seen anything like it. They were ready to pay a king's ransom for that thing. Must be for some kind of highfalutin menagerie." Greef said to Mando and (y/n).

"Let's go over the plan again." Mando said. "The three of us enter the common house. We show the client the bait. We join him at the table, and you kill him." Greef said. "Tell us about his reinforcements." (Y/n) said, curiously. "They're all ex-Empire. As soon as they lose their paycheck, psh...they'll all scatter." Greef said.

"And what if they don't?" Mando asked him. "They will." Greef assures. "That's not good enough." Mando said. "If, for argument's sake, a few of them don't realise that I'm their best path to alternative employment, and they elect to react impulsively, then these three fine Guild hunters along with that battle hardened shock-trooper will cut down anyone who bucks." Greef explains.

"How many will there be?" (Y/n) asked. "No more than four." Greef said as he gets up. "He travels with, at most, a fire team. Trust me, nothing could go wrong." Greef said.

Suddenly, a winged creature swoops in and grabs the meat from Greef's hands. Everybody starts shooting at a pack of dragons, Mando closes the crib as one of the dragons grabs a blurrg. "No! Let go of her! Drop her now!" Kuiil shouts and then it goes quiet for a moment.

Then one of the hunters was grabbed and another dragon grabs a second blurrg. "Drop her!" Kuiil shouts as everyone continues to fire at the dragons then both the dragon and blurrg were killed. Another dragon goes to attack (y/n) but Mando goes to protect her by fighting the dragon with fire, making the creature disappear.

Greef falls back on the ground, injured. "He's hurt badly." Kuiil said as he goes over to Greef. "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. Ow!" Greef said as he holds his arms. "Hold still." Cara said as she looks at his arm. "They got you good." she said.

"How bad?" (Y/n) asked her. "Bad. The poison is spreading fast." Cara replied and Mando and (y/n) share a glance, (y/n) giving him a worried look. "So this...this is how it happens." Greef said before he laughs, weakly. "Don't be so dramatic." Cara said to him then she turns to the others.

"I need another medpack. Got any other medpacks? Anyone?" she asks as the Child walks over. Everyone looks around but couldn't find another medpack. "I'm guessing that's a no." Greef mutters as Cara scans his arm. "It's still spreading. This isn't working." she said and the Child comes up beside Greef.

"Get this thing outta here." Cara said, gesturing at the kid, but Kuiil raises a hand. "Wait." he said and the Child places his hand on Greef's wound. "He's trying to eat me." Greef said but his face relaxes and everyone watches as the wound closes. The Child sits back, tired, and (y/n) picks him up and everyone continues to be in shock and awe about what just happened.

The next day, the group keeps on walking when Cara turns to Mando and (y/n). "You think they're having second thoughts?" she asked them. "Could be. I need your eyes." Mando said. "I'm watching." Cara said and the group halts a short distance from the town.

"I guess this is it." Greef said as the bounty hunters close in behind Mando, Cara and (y/n), blasters drawn. Suddenly, Greef spins, drawing two blasters, and shoots both hunters then raises his blasters in capitulation. Mando, Cara and (y/n) keep their blasters trained on him though.

"There's something you should know. The plan was to kill you and take the kid. But after what happened last night I couldn't go through with it. Go on, you can gun me down here and now, and it wouldn't violate the Code. But if you do, this child will never be safe." Greef admits. "We'll take our chances." Cara said.

"The Imperial client is obsessed with obtaining this asset. You tried to run, but where did it get you?" Greef asked Mando and (y/n). "This is ridiculous." Cara sneers. "Perhaps you should let him speak." Kuiil said to the two hunters.

"Listen. We need the client to be eliminated. Let me take the Child to him, and then you three--" Greef started to say but Mando and (y/n) say, in unison. "No."

"Let's just kill him and get outta here." Cara said but (y/n) looks over at Mando, who turns to her. They stare at each other for a moment before Mando nods and they lower their blasters. "He's right." Mando said and Cara turns to him.

"What are you doing?" She asked them. "As long as the Imp lives he'll send hunters after the Child." (y/n) explains. "It's a trap." Cara said, slightly shaking her head. "Bring us." Mando said as he and (y/n) step froward.
"Bring both of you?" Greef asked, confused. "Tell him you captured us. Get us close to him, and we'll kill him." Mando explains. "That's a good idea. Gimme your blasters." Greef said and they hand him their blasters.

"This is insane!" Cara exclaimed. "It's the only way." (y/n) said. "Well, I'm coming with you." Cara said. "No, no, no. That would make them suspicious." said Greef. "I don't care. I'm coming." Cara said. "Tell'em she caught us." Mando said. "Fine. Then she can bring the Child." Greef said.

"No. The kid goes back in the ship." Mando said. "But without the Child none of this works." Greef said. "I have a plan. Kuiil, ride back to the Razor Crest with the Child and seal yourself in. When you're inside, engage ground security protocols, and nothing on this planet will breach those doors." Mando said and Kuiil walks up to him and holds up a comlink. "Here's a comlink. I will keep the Child safe." he said then he turns to Cara.

"Don't forget to cover your stripes." He tells her and she nods. "Let's go." (y/n) said and Mando gives Greef a couple of handcuffs and Greef places each one on Mando and (y/n). Cara covers her tattoo and Kuiil takes the Child  then they leave in opposite directions.

Later, Mando, Greef, (y/n) and Cara arrive at the gate of the city where Stormtroopers stand guard. "Chain code." the Stormtrooper said to Greef. "I have a gift for the boss." Greef tells him. "Chain code!" The Stormtrooper said, firmly, and Greef produces his ID card, which the trooper scans.

"I give you 20 credits for the helmet." the Stormtrooper said. "Not a chance. That's going on my wall." Greef said and (y/n) turns to him. "On your wall...?" she asked him, softly. "Go with it." Greef whispered and the Stormtrooper turns to them. "Go ahead." he said and they move into town, where there were alot of Stormtroopers. 

"You said four. There are more than four troopers." Cara said as she looks around. "Four guarding the client. Many more here in town. Things got really heated once Mando and Manda crashed the safehouse." Greef said. "Slip them their blaster." Cara said but Greef shakes his head. "Not yet." he says and then they enter the common house.

"Here we are." Greef said as they enter the house. "You see...four." Greef said as he gestures at the four guards then they approach the client. "Look what I brought you. As promised." Greef said and the client comes up to them and starts to caress Mando's beskar armor.

"What exquisit craftmanship. It is amazing how beautiful beskar can be when forged by its ancestral artisans." He said then he goes and looks (y/n) over before he turns to Greef. "Can I offer you a libation to celebrate the closing of our shared narrative?" He asked. "I would be obliged." Greef said. "Please sit." the Client said and Greef shoves Mando and (y/n) into the booth as more Stormtroopers enter.

"It is a shame that your people suffered so. Just as in this situation, it was all avoidable. Why did Mandalore resist our expansion? The Empire improves every system it touches. Judge by any metric. Safety. Prosperity. Trade. Opportunity. Peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Look outside. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? I see nothing but death and chaos." The Client said then he turns to Greef.

"I would like to see the baby." he said. "Uh...it is asleep." Greef said. "We all will be quiet. Open the pram." The Client said but then a Stormtrooper comes over and whispers something to his ear. "Don't think me to be rude. I must take this call." the Client said as he stands up and he walks away while Mando and (y/n) loosen their cuffs under the table.

"Give us the blasters." Mando whispers to Greef and he passes the blasters to them. "You get one shot." Greef whispers. "This is bad. You said four." Cara said, nervously. "Well...there are more. What can I tell you?" Greef said as the Client goes into the portable hologram and bring up a hologram of a man

"Yes, Moff Gideon." He asked. "Have they brought the Child?" Moff asked. "Yes, they have. Currently it is sleeping." the client said. "You may wanna check again." Moff said then he makes a gesture and suddenly the client goes down, fatally hit as blaster shots are fired through the window, killing everything in their path.

Once the shooting stops, Cara, Mando and (y/n) move out of cover to both sides of the window. They see an Imperial firing squad outside with another transport full of Stormtroopers incoming.

"Four Stormtroopers?" Cara grumbles towards Greef as more stormtroopers flood in from the adjacent streets, surrounding the common house.

"This is bad." (y/n) mutters as Mando turns to the comms. "Kuiil, are you back to the ship yet? Are you there? Do you copy?" Mando asked. "Yes!" Kuiil said as he continues to ride on the blurrg, getting closer to the Razer Crest.

"Are you back to the ship yet?" Mando asked him. "Not yet." Kuiil said. "Get back to the ship and bail! Get the kid out of here. We're pinned down!" Mando said and Kuiil pushes the blurrg harder but two Stormtrooper, who were listening in their conversation, began to chase after Kuiil.

Then a TIE fighter arrives and lands and a man, Moff Gideon, exits the ship and walks towards the front of the common house then stands. "You have something I want." Moff said, loudly.

"Who is this guy?" Cara asked but everyone shakes their head. "You may think you have some idea of what you are in possession of. But you do not." Moff continues as Mando turns to the comms.

"Kuiil, are you back to the ship yet? They're on to us. Kuiil, come in!" Mando said, a bit panicked, but Kuiil doesn't respond back as he continues to get closer to the ship but the Stormtroopers close in.

"In a few moments, it will be mine." Moff said. "Kuiil, do you copy?! Kuiil..." Mando said, quickly. "It means more to me than you will ever know." Moff said as (y/n) gives a worried and scared look towards Mando as he continues to call Kuiil.

"Kuiil...Are you there?! Come in, Kuiil! Kuiil, come in Kuiil! Are you there?! Do you copy?! Kuiil! Kuill!!" Mando said but it was too late as Kuiil, who almost made it, was shot in the back by the Stormtroopers. The Child was dropped on the ground and the second Stormtrooper comes up and grabs the Child and they make their way back to the town, leaving Kuiil's body behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 17.5K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
206K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 37.6K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
19.8K 529 7
Dorian son of the evil queen Ravenna and prince Hans has been severely underestimated by the other villain kids on the Isle of the Lost. Unbeknownst...