Euphoria

By amorawrites18

If you had a second chance at life, what would you do differently? - Second Book in the Shea Butter Baby Seri... More

Face Claims
Back to Reality
Trip
Straight Forward
Wishful Thinking
Triggered
Sprung
Take It And Run
A Leap of Faith
Down Bad
Pretty & Afraid
The Night Is Still Young
Jealous
Dejavรบ
Healing
Coexist
Rebound
A Fresh Start
Transparency
Worth The Weight
Stone Cold
Mind Games
Don't Throw It Away
Quality Time
Physical Touch
You're the Reason
In Your Corner
Believe๏ฟผ Me
Just Cause You Waited
Meet Me Halfway
Home For Now
Exhale
Don't Be Scared
Circles
The Inevitable
The Big Q
Tunnel Vision
Family Values
Her Apprentance
Pray You Catch Me

Wide Awake

1.3K 58 8
By amorawrites18

Hey, I've missed you guys. Enjoy

The rain tattering against the window rustled Bria in her sleep.  Her ears perked up from the rhythmic calming sound of the rain.  Her body slightly jostled  underneath the covers.  She groaned still feeling fatigued, but her body still felt like it was aching and drained.  Her eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the dim fluorescent lighting of the depressing hospital room.  Her eyes immediately searched for her fiancé Adonis, who was curled up in a blanket on a small sectional in the corner of the room—he wasn't snoring so she knew he was just resting his eyes.   Her mind suddenly thought about Yara and wondered how she was doing without her.  She missed her baby girl , but she knew she was in good hands with her grandfather.  She was already her grandpa's favorite. 

It felt weird feeling powerless and out of her normal routine, but she didn't want this to be her new norm, and silently she hoped it wouldn't.  Her sore muscles ached as she stretched trying to gain some movement from being still for so long.  A couple of bones popped as she stretched in her bed. 

Adonis' eyes fluttered open at the sound of Bria's restlessness.  He hastily gets up, placing the blanket beside him and makes his way over to her.  He hovers over Bria, bending down to kiss her forehead and grabs ahold of her hand, careful not to disturb the IV placed on the backside of Bria's hand. 

He leaves a trail of kisses from her forehead, down to her nose and placed a soft lingering kiss on her lips.  When he pulls away, he places his hand on the side of Bria's face, slightly above her ear, gently stroking her hair. She smiled faintly, wanting nothing more than to be held right now. 

"I was really worried about you." Adonis' breath wavers as he shakily sighs placing his forehead on yours. 

Bria sighs, feeling guilty for letting him worry about her.  She pondered lost in her thoughts, and just as she was about to speak her dry throat got the best of her, causing her to slightly cough. 

"I'm..s..sorr-"

"Don't apologize for things you can't control.  I'm your fiancé it's my job to worry about you." Adonis interrupted.

"You're always helping others...now it's my turn to take care of you."

A few tears welled at the side of her eyes, suddenly overwhelmed with the amount of emotion that was impossible to explain. 

"Hey, hey it's okay.  I don't want you to cry." He says, brushing your tears away with his thumb.

"It's just that...you deserve so much more than what I've given you...." Bria says in a shaky whisper.  She sniffled, wiping her eyes feeling ashamed that her body was slowly failing her. 

He cuts her off with a kiss mid sentence.  Hesitantly she kissed him back, before he pulls away. 

"You are my entire world, just you being here is enough for me." He says, peering into her eyes.

She nods slowly, watching him pull away. 

A knock on the door alerted the young couple's attention signaling that the nurse was walking in for a routine check in.  The nurse smiled softly and greeted herself when she saw that Bria was now awake and recalled everything that happened since Bria was asleep. 

The doctor then came in after the nurses visit to do a more thorough evaluation to see how her motor skills were, and to run a few tests. 

After being cleared by the doctor, Bria was free to be released after an overnight stay just to check her vitals.  But after she was to return home, she was ordered to stay on bed rest for a few days while doing chemotherapy treatments to hinder the growth of progressive cancer cells.

It was Bria's first day back home since her incident nearly a couple of days ago.  A small smile  formed on her lips as she stepped inside of her home for the first time in a couple of days.  Adonis takes her bags and helps her take off her shoes so she doesn't over work herself.  He offers to carry her upstairs but Bria insisted that she could walk on her own two feet.  Adonis protested saying that he knew that and offered his services again until she caved in. 

"Come on let's get you up these stairs." He says, extending his arms out towards her before carefully picking her up bridal style.  He then pecks her cheek, and carries her up the flight of stairs with ease.  Bria snuggled into his hard chest, closing her eyes inhaling his familiar faint scent as he guided them to their bedroom. 

Once inside, he carefully placed her onto the bed gently brushing back the bedsheets and kisses her before pulling away. 

"I'm gonna run you a bath.  Are you hungry? You haven't really eaten...and you have to eat before you take your meds."

"I'm not that hungry...the medicine it makes me feel full so I haven't really had an appetite lately."

"You should eat something I'll order us food, what are you in the mood for?" He asks her, walking off into the bathroom to get her bath started.

"It doesn't matter to me, I'm sure whatever you choose will be satisfying." Bria says, slightly yelling so he could hear her from the bathroom.

"I know you have good taste, I mean you chose to be with me." Bria said, trying to lighten the mood.

From inside of the bathroom, Adonis smiled as he hovered over the jacuzzi bathtub that was separate from the walk in shower.

"Okay, so I'm kinda in the mood for Hibachi, I'll place an order once you're in the bathroom." Adonis announces.

"That sounds fine with me." Bria agrees on his suggestion. She then gets up from her spot on the bed and walks inside of their large walk in closet to take off her clothes. After finishing, she puts on her bathrobe , tying it shut.

Adonis re-emerges from the bathroom shortly after to notify Bria that her bath was ready. She smiled politely and was pulled into a kiss before heading into the bathroom. After pulling away, she smiled and thanked him before escaping into the bathroom where her makeshift spa was waiting for her.

While Bria was in the bathroom, Adonis picked up a takeout menu from their favorite hibachi spot that they kept around the house for nights in. Before calling, he glances over the menu finding what Bria would usually get and made a mental note to order double in case she gained her appetite back. After finding what he wanted he calls the number on the menu and places the delivery order.

After ordering the food, he calls Bria's dad to check up on Yara and thanked him for keeping her a little bit longer than expected, while also reminding him that he'd be able to pick her up tomorrow afternoon just as previously scheduled. The phone call was short but, he was glad to hear a sense of relief from his future father in law's voice.

By the time Bria exited the bathroom, her glowing skin glistened from the dim bedroom lighting overhead.  She walked over to the drawer and slipped on some underwear before putting on her pajamas so she'd be more comfortable.  Adonis then walks back into their room while she was changing to plug his phone on the charger.  He exhales, letting out a sigh of relief as he sits down on the edge of the bed cutting the TV on to browse through the television guide. 

"The food is here, so if you're ready to eat we can head downstairs and eat before I watch this show." Adonis says, ready to finish watching a new anime that kept him occupied while he was in the hospital. 

"Oh, okay what show were you going to watch?" Bria asks, needing something to do since she'll be cooped up in the house on bed rest for the next couple of weeks. 

"I was going to watch this sports anime Haikyu.  Joe recommended it a while back and I'm just now getting around to watching it but it's pretty good so far I'm only a few episodes in." Adonis says, watching her adjust the collar on her pajama shirt in the mirror.  

"I'll watch it with you, it's been awhile since I've watched Anime.  My first anime was Attack on Titan." She smiled at his reflection in the mirror.

"Mine was Naruto." Adonis chuckles slightly.

"I was just going to rewatch it until the new season airs but I should try something new,"  Bria smiled softly.  "Besides, this is something we can do together eh?" She says with a soft smile, walking in between him and places her arms on his shoulders. 

"Okay, that sounds fine with me." He says, leaning in to kiss her lips. 

"Great we'll watch it after dinner, it's hard to multi task and watch anime." Bria smiles, placing a kiss on his forehead. 

"And we're starting over too I don't want the show to spoiled for me."

"Nothing significant has really happened in 5 episodes in." Adonis pointed out.

"I don't care, I don't want to be spoiled regardless and you can rewatch it with me, I'm sure you missed some things the first time you watched it." Bria says walking away dron Adonis' hold before grabbing her phone off of the charger next to his. 

"Now, let's eat...I'm actually kind of hungry." Bria announces.  A small smirk forms on Adonis' lips. 

"See, I told you so." He said smugly. 

•••

At the dinner table,  Bria had just finished the chicken on her plate, moving onto the next to go box nearby.  Adonis watched her scarf her food down, thankful that his intuition knew to double her order even when she was putting up a front.  She hadn't really eaten in three days.  He smiled softly, watching her as she took a break from her food and took a sip of her sweet tea to wash everything down.

A small sigh escapes her lips as picks up her fork again to cut a small section of her chicken off, scooping it up and paring it with some rice. 

"So, have you had any thoughts about wanting to get married soon since you've been home?" Adonis sparks up a new conversation. 

"It's all I can think about these days honestly..." Bria smiles bashfully, looking down at her left ring finger where her 6 carat square shaped Diamond engagement ring rested on her finger. 

"I want to get married as soon as I'm off bed rest and the doctor says that I can resume my normal routine again.  I shouldn't be planning a wedding right now i don't want to over work myself again."

"Sounds reasonable and who would you want at the courthouse?" Adonis asked you, picking up his bottle of beer, washing down the food he just ate.

"My dad obviously...Rocky, Sandra, Jay...Terrence and Joe..." Adonis notice as she hesitates, choosing her next words carefully.

"I know you're close to your mom...but she doesn't really like me that much and I wouldn't want her to dampen everything that day.  Although it would be disrespectful to not include her on a special occasion like this." Bria says, picking at the rice on her plate.

"It's your call Bria.  The last time we saw her, she was disrespectful to you and tried to interfere with our relationship.  She is my mother...but you are the mother of my child and my wife.  Your needs come before hers, especially now more than ever." Adonis speaks up. 

The edges of her lips curl into a faint smile.

"Don't give a definitive answer right away, we have time but that's how I feel...and I'll be okay with whatever response you come up with." He responds, finishing up the food on his plate. 

Bria nods at his response, and continues eating her food.  Adonis quickly changed the subject knowing that it was a sensitive topic to discuss and observed her slight movements while her mind was still focused on whatever was gnawing inside of her mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

487K 16.9K 66
After a one night stand with Adonis Creed, a 25 year old woman named Bria Stevens finds herself trying to find her baby's father after an intimate n...
144K 5.7K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
34.7K 641 22
Wattpad deleted the book so I'm uploading again and editing the ones from the past. Fluff, Smut and everything else that pops into my head These ch...
286K 6.5K 37
"๐—˜๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†, ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฒ, ๐˜„๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—บ...