[1] The Princess Royal | B. B...

By f1royalty

Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined... More

CAST
AESTHETICS
PLAYLIST
ABOUT HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A ROYAL ENGAGEMENT
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A ROYAL INVITATION
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Final Chapter
THANK YOU

Chapter 6

30.8K 697 190
By f1royalty

Ineligible

Primrose Hill, London

"How did it go with the children this morning?" George asked his sister.

Charlotte visited a children's orphanage and spent all morning with them. She read them stories, and spoke to them of random topics that came to their minds. In addition to that, in the name of the Royal Family, she donated them food, warm clothes for the winter, and toys, such as balls for the boys, and dolls for the girls.

"It was wonderful," she smiled joyfully. "I always enjoy helping and visiting those children."

"I'm happy to hear that," he nodded and started looking around the park. "Where are these friends of yours? The Bridgertons."

"With their family, I presume," she looked at him. "Thank you for taking the time to join me in my stroll."

"Of course," he nodded with a smile. "After all, today is a nice day. Quite helpful to clear one's head."

"You are right," she sighed contently as at the cold air embraced her.

Charlotte couldn't sleep last night due to the Bridgertons not leaving her mind. Her heart wanted to get out of her chest every time she thought of them, and their unexpected letters.

"Who are they?" George asked as he nodded at the way of the three girls walking together with their mama. Charlotte snapped out of her thoughts and looked in the direction he was looking. "For goodness' sake. Look at those dresses."

"Do not critique them, Brother. A dear friend of mine is friends with one of them. Those are the Featheringtons," she explained. "The one in the yellow dress, is Penelope Featherington, born into a family who may never truly understand, or even see her as she truly is."

"Is that not the young lady who fainted in front of us?" He questioned, she chuckled and shook her head. "And the whole court?"

"That would be their eldest sister, Prudence. From what I heard, a shameless status seeker, intent on avoiding a life on the shelf," she continued explaining. "And her sister next to her is Philipa. A rather luckless young lady, eager to please her mama...perhaps too eager."

"I am assuming the lady behind them is their mother," George nodded in her way, and Charlotte nodded.

"The one and only, Lady Portia Featherington," she continued. "A matchmaking mama with three daughters on the market, and so far, cero successes."

"No sons?" He asked, and she shook her head. "Let us find these friends of yours, then."

"The Bridgertons?" She asked with an enthusiastic smile, and he nodded. "Oh, Brother, you will like them, I assure you."

With excitement, Charlotte started to gallop in her horse faster, in search for her friends. She saw Eloise with her mother, and chose to start there.

"You already met dear Lady Violet Bridgerton, a darling matriarch with a propensity for muddling about in her progeny's affairs. Only for how much she cares for them," she explained with a smile and chuckled. "And her daughter next to her is Eloise, a rebellious spirit with a rather unfashionable intellect to some. But not to me, I must add."

"Just like Amelia," George commented, and Charlotte sighed with a bit of sadness before she continued.

"That one, over there, is my dear Colin Bridgerton," she discreetly pointed at him with her finger so her brother could identify him easily. "A dashing gentleman who follows his heart, even when he should not."

"Why would you say that?" George asked with a frown.

"I am just being sincere. I adore Colin with all my heart, but..." She sighed. "I think he intends to court Miss Marina Thompson."

"Marina Thompson?" He thought. "I do not recall seeing her at the presentation."

"She was not here," she explained. "He is too sweet and caring. I do not want him to end up broken hearted."

"You do not trust her?" He asked, and she sighed.

"I have never met her, it is selfish of me to think of her this way... But no, I do not," she said sincerely and took a deep breath. "Moving on... Over there in the blue coat, standing in the middle of those men, is my dear Benedict Bridgerton, the number two in an illustrious family, with a kind heart, and an illustrious mind."

"Illustrious mind?" George chuckled.

"I have always thought he was born to be something else. An artist, perhaps. The greatest of them all," she smiled. "Something we have in common is our love for art, so... Indeed. I have very high expectations about him."

"Interesting," George nodded.

Ahead of them, were Anthony and Daphne on their horses. Charlotte smiled and looked at her brother.

"You already met Daphne Bridgerton, diamond of the first water and apple of more than just one suitor's eye," she chuckled. "And there he is, the Viscount, my dear Lord Anthony Bridgerton, the quintessential English nobleman who always puts family first."

"I noticed you call all brothers 'my dear'," he pointed out. "Is there an specific reason why?"

"Should there be?" She asked back with an innocent smile. "Sometimes I call them that."

"Your Royal Highnesses," a few of the guards that were following them by foot approached them. "Sir, the Queen is asking for your presence at the palace."

"Of course," George nodded at the guard and looked at his sister. "Come on."

"It is just you, sir," the guard clarified and looked at Charlotte apologetically. "Her Royal Highness is allowed to stay."

"It is alright, George. In the meantime, Martin will stay with me," she nodded and looked at her brother with a smile. "Perhaps some other day we could meet all of them, and interact."

"One day. I promise," he smiled and nodded in farewell before he galloped away on his horse with the guards following him, leaving her behind with Martin.

Charlotte made her way towards Anthony and Daphne. She stopped next to the Bridgerton girl, making the two siblings stop.

"Your Royal Highness," they greeted her.

"What a surprise and coincidence to see you both here," she said with a smile.

"It is lovely to see you, Princess," Anthony smiled at her. "This beautiful day just got brighter."

"Anthony is right, Your Royal Highness. Indeed," Daphne stated and took a deep breath. "There is no better way to clear someone's head than going outside."

"What is bothering you, Daph?" She questioned as they started moving forward on their horses.

"It is Anthony's fault," she stated, and Charlotte sighed.

"I can imagine where this is going. The Prince did the same with me," she shook her head in disbelief. "Scared them all away like chickens. But truth be told...I'm not complaining."

"If I was there with you, Princess, I would have done the same thing," Anthony stated, he sounded more serious than he intended to. But to his confusion, he didn't imagine her with just anybody. He didn't want to.

"Only one waited the right moment for Anthony to be gone and to pay a visit," Daphne continued and her brother rolled his eyes. "Lord Berbrooke. Can you imagine?"

"Lord Berbrooke is harmless. There will be others," her brother assured her.

"Lady Whistledown has all but declared me ineligible...worthy of the affection of a detestable simpleton and no one else," Daphne stated. "Tell me, what others should ever want such damage goods now?"

"You speak as if Lady Whistledown were to be held in higher regard than Her Majesty the Queen herself," Anthony told his sister, trying to ease her. "You give far too much credit to some anonymous scribbler. These musings, they're not true."

"Only they are true, Brother, and they are true because of you," Daphne stated angrily, but kept a calm face. "You have managed to scare every worthy suitor away. Whistledown has merely reported it."

"As much as I agree with you, Anthony, Lady Whistledown has become the talk of the town. Everyone seems to be intrigued by whatever she writes down in that scandal sheet of hers," Charlotte looked at him with honesty in her eyes. "Can't you try to be a bit more reasonable? It appears Whistledown's influence in society is greater than we all think."

"I am looking out for you. I am protecting you. It is my duty," Anthony stated calmly to his sister.

"And what of my duty?" Daphne raised her voice, and took a deep breath to compose herself once she noticed a few people staring. "You have no idea what it is to be a woman...what it might feel like to have one's entire life reduced to a single moment. This is all I have been raised for. This...is all I am. I have no other value. If I am unable to find a husband, I shall be worthless."

"That is not true," Charlotte tried to reassure her.

"No offense, Your Royal Highness, but you wouldn't understand," she took a deep breath. "You are a Princess. Even if you never marry, you will still be one of the most important and admirable woman in our society."

"As truth as that might be... I do understand your position, Daph..." She sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Daphne, you're a Bridgerton," Anthony said firmly, and she scoffed.

"It would be easier if I were not," she stated, looked at Charlotte with a small smile, silently thanking her for understanding, before she went faster with her horse, leaving her and Anthony behind.

"Do not think I will not do the same with you, whenever I have the chance," he stated, and she looked at him with a frown. "I can bet the Prince will not attend most events due to his duty as Prince Regent."

"And what is it exactly that you intend to do?" She questioned. "Anthony, there is no need—"

"Yes, there is," he said firmly, and she sighed. "I refuse to see you with a man not worthy of you."

"And how do you know who is worthy of me?" She asked in utter disbelief. "Who are you to decide my future?"

"Someone who cares about you," he said firmly.

Then, Anthony's eyes grew wide for a second, not believing the words that came out of his mouth so abruptly. He's never admitted something like that to her. Never.

Charlotte's lips parted a bit, she wanted to respond, but no words came out. She only stared at him in wonder, why was he being so protective. Of course, she cared for him as well, she has been friends with the Bridgertons for five years now, but... It was the first time she's seen him like this.

"You are my best friend," he said softly, somehow trying to ease his previous words in case she felt uncomfortable by them. "Let me take care of you the way you truly deserve."

"Very well," Charlotte said sincerely, and nodded nonetheless with a small smile. "I appreciate your concern over me, my lord."

"Alright," he nodded firmly, standing by his choice. "In our letter I said I wanted to speak with you in person and probably. This is not private... I shall see you later."

Charlotte sighed and nodded with a small smile as Anthony nodded back and galloped on his horse after his sister.

"Oh, Snow," she leaned a bit forward and caressed her white horse's head. "What on Earth is going on?"

"Your Royal Highness," Martin arrived next to her on his own horse. "Are you alright?"

"Not...quite," she sighed. "It is all so very confusing."

"May I ask what you mean?" He said, and she nodded.

"You and I have known each other since I was a child, Martin. Promise me you will be honest with me," Charlotte stated calmly.

"Of course, I promise," he nodded.

"The three eldest Bridgertons all wrote me a letter yesterday, saying how they apologized for not being there for me yesterday morning for being occupied with their own matters," she explained. "Even though Colin was just a friendly letter, what I do not understand is, why go through all the trouble of writing me a letter? I certainly was not expecting them to be there."

"Oh," he breathed, processing the Princess' words to give her a proper answer. "Perhaps... Perhaps they wish to be something more...than just your friends. Specially the Viscount and the second eldest of the family."

"I– I do not..." She sighed in defeat. "What does that even mean?"

"You must have an open mind, Princess," he said. "You have all been friends for quite some time, but... It is clear you have formed a sort of attachment to them as much as they have attached to you."

"What sort of attachment?" Charlotte questioned.

"Romantically speaking," he responded with sincerity. "Love is born at first sight; the friendship of a frequent and lengthy exchange."

"Friendship...and love," she muttered.

"Precisely," she looked at him and nodded.

"Alright. I– I'll keep that in mind," she said and he nodded. "Thank you, Martin."

"Of course," he leaned forward and softly chuckled at the sight. "Speaking of the Bridgertons..."

Charlotte followed his gaze and saw Colin galloping on a horse towards her. She frowned, yet smiled at the sight.

"Mr. Bridgerton," she chose to greet him first. "Mind if I ask where did you get a horse so quickly?"

"I borrowed it, but still payed for it. I figured since you were on yours, it was unfair of me to speak to you from the ground," he smiled, and she chuckled softly. "Is it Snow you are riding?"

"You remember," she breathed contently at his words. "Indeed, it is her."

"I'll leave you be," Martin bowed his head and she looked at him. "And remember what we spoke."

"I will. Thank you, Martin," she nodded and he went on his horse behind the Princess, in a fair distance from her to not hear their conversation, but close enough to not lose her from his sight.

"Did you receive my letter?" Colin asked, and she nodded.

"Of course I did. Oh, you were too kind," she smiled. "How was your call upon Miss Thompson? Were there many suitors, or were you the only one present?"

"Not to be cocky, but it went very well. There were quite a few suitors, but I dare say not many of them made quite the impression on Miss Thompson," he explained and she raised an eyebrow. "Not like me, of course."

"I have always admired your confidence," she smiled with sincerity.

"And what of you?" He looked at her. "Would we have another Prince soon?"

"Oh, dear, no. If anything, I believe it is my children that will held the title of Prince or Princess," she looked ahead, and sighed. "My husband would be a Duke."

"A Duke?" He asked, and she nodded. "You seem disappointed."

"More than half of my callers asked if they would have a title as well, their own land, or their own palace," she scoffed. "My brother kicked them all off. I refuse to be used as an object to achieve their thirst for power or to be higher in the food chain that is society."

"You are not an object, Princess. You are more than that," she smiled at his words. "That is the very reason why I wanted to be there for you yesterday, to give them a piece of my mind if they disrespected you."

"I appreciate your worry, Colin," she sighed. "My brother is already strict with them...and it seemed Lord Bridgerton has also joined the cause."

"Anthony?" He asked, and she nodded. "Whatever for?"

"He told me earlier he was to do the same to me as he is doing to Daphne," she explained and he sighed. "As you know, your brother has not failed to scare every single suitor that has come near your sister."

"He is quite stubborn about that," he nodded. "As well as with you. It appears you certainly made quite the impression on him."

"Right..." She muttered with nervousness.

"Well, speaking of my brothers, if any of them annoys or bothers you, you let me know, and I will come to rescue you," he chuckled. "Especially Anthony. He can be quite annoying sometimes."

"Oh! You are my Knight in shining armor. I will keep that in mind," she chuckled softly and sighed. "Colin, about your letter—"

"Oh, dear, I hope you did not misunderstand my intentions," he stopped his horse to speak properly and she did the same. "I care about you, Princess, I really do. But I also value our friendship."

"As I do, my dear Colin. I care about you very much," she sighed contently. "It would destroy me losing you as a friend."

"That will never happen," he extended his hand towards her, and she placed hers on top of his. Carefully, he leaned down and kissed it. "I promise."

"I promise too," she smiled and he gently let go of her hand.

"Now that it is settled, I have to ask," he smirked. "Who is the better Bridgerton? At dancing, only."

"Oh, I have not yet danced with Anthony or Benedict, only with you," she clarified. "It appears so far you are my favorite Bridgerton when it comes to dancing."

"Lucky me," he chuckled and she let out a laugh. "So far, I seem to be the best at everything. Look at that, I just made you laugh."

"Oh, gosh. My deepest apologies," she stopped laughing, but still kept a smile on her face. The Queen said she had to avoid laughing so hard in public, specially in front of gentlemen or other Royals. "It is not of me to laugh this way."

"It suits you," he said sincerely, with a smile on his face.

She looked ahead, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. The smile written all over her face simply grew wide at his words. A giggle escaped her lips as a proud expression graced his face.

"Did I just made Her Royal Highness blush?" He asked with a smirk, making her giggle. "Oh, what a special day it is today, indeed."

Charlotte giggled again, and Colin laughed at her reaction. But neither of them noticed Benedict Bridgerton staring at the two from afar. As much as Benedict enjoyed very much seeing the Princess smile and laugh, he couldn't help, but feel a strange feeling in his stomach as he clenched his fist.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Ambitious mamas rejoice, for the new Duke of Hastings continues to grace our fair city with his presence. And, oh, what an impressive presence it is!

It should be noted, that the Duke has been overheard announcing to mamas everywhere that he has no plans of ever marrying.

This author wonders, which brazen matchmaker shall rise to such a challenge, for this competition is well underway.

The Gentlemen's Club, London

"You know, I do suppose if it were not for an overzealous mother at every corner, this time of year in the city would not be so dreadful," the Duke pointed out after taking a long sip of his drink.

"Those mothers simply want the same as you, I rather think," Anthony said as he leaned back in his seat.

"For every last one of them to choke on their daughters' hair ribbons?" He asked, with optimism and sarcasm in his tone.

"For you to claim a wife, Hastings," Anthony corrected. "Are you not planning on taking your place in society when you have a dukedom?"

"I have a title, which, as far as I'm concerned, will end with me," he said firmly.

"But Hastings—"

"Stop calling me that!" The Duke snapped. "It was my father's name. Never mine. And in any case, what do you?"

"What of me?" He asked.

"For the firstborn Bridgerton of a firstborn Bridgerton, nine times over. Where is your wife?" He asked sternly. Anthony's answer consisted in putting the end of a cigar on his mouth as he gestured for a waiter to refill their glasses. "Oh! Is your plan to fuck her forever, your mistress? You shall need to sire an heir."

"I'm in possession of something that you are not," Anthony raised his glass once the waiter refilled their glasses. "Brothers."

"And what of Charlotte?" The moment Simon mentioned her name, Anthony choked on his drink, and received a look from the Duke at his sudden reaction.

"What of her?" Anthony questioned as he wiped his mouth and cheeks with a napkin. But stopped and stared at his best friend with a disturbance in his eyes he could not hide. "Are you planning on courting her?"

"What part of me 'not wishing to marry' is not clear?" Simon stated and rolled his eyes at that. "Besides, Charlotte is family to me, the little sister I never had. I rather have her as a close friend than a wife."

"You think she can be a bad wife?" Anthony asked with curiosity, and Simon immediately disagreed.

"I have known Charlotte longer than you have. She is certainly the best companion any gentleman worthy of her could ask for," the Duke said sincerely, with a small smile. "I just..."

"What?" He urged Simon to continue.

"I have a title, I am a suitable match for her, even her brother once mentioned it to me, but... I would not be the husband, or partner she truly needs..." He tried to explain. "Which is why, I would rather stay friends with her. It is for the best...for both of us."

"Sounds wise," Anthony nodded and took a sip of his drink. He tried not to show how relief she was for the Duke's words.

"On the other hand... Have you thought of courting her, Bridgerton? Simon raised an eyebrow at him. "You seemed exalted the moment I mentioned her."

Anthony just took a deep breath, leaned back on his chair and looked away from his friend.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Charlotte, Viscountess Bridgerton," he smirked, teasing his old friend. "Oh, it sounds so pleasing to the ear."

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

It has reached my ears that Mr. Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the year's grand prize when he sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slippered feet. That is if he does not do it with the Princess first.

Choose wisely, Mr. Bridgerton. Not many gentlemen are lucky as you are. Having a Princess under your grasp does not happen often in this town.

In other news, a most peculiar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged...

Lord Berbrooke.

Carlton House, London

"No plans of ever marrying, huh? I knew that already," Charlotte said as she and Simon with a smile as they walked through the gardens of the palace.

After his visiting the club, the Duke chose to pay a visit to his other old friend, Prince George, and after their long conversation, he chose to spent time with Charlotte. He's been with her for over an hour now, walking side by side, his arm locked with hers.

"Consider yourself lucky, then," he chuckled. "I wouldn't lie about that."

"I know," she breathed, and sighed. "But how could you ever find happiness if your heart isn't filled with love?"

"Love is not something I am currently looking for, Charlotte," he said sincerely. "Nor I will ever."

"Well, for what is worth, I love you, Simon, in the friendliest of ways," she smiled, and he smiled back. "And, please, call me 'Char'. That is what the Bridgertons have called me ever since we all became close friends."

"A nickname?" He asked with a soft chuckle. "I thought Royals were not allowed to have nicknames if they were not given between themselves."

"Not even my brother calls me that. But it is a name I have grown very fond of," she said sincerely. "You can call me that, if you'd like."

"Alright, Char. I will," he smirked. "The Bridgertons, huh?"

"Stop it," she chuckled, sensing where the topic was going.

"Apparently, Lady Whistledown already matched you with the three eldest Bridgertons," he said, and she sighed. "If that were true, would marrying one of them could be such a bad thing?"

"Since you are one of my dearest friends—"

"One of them?" He questioned jokingly in utter disbelief, and the two laughed.

"I will tell you the truth," she continued with sincerity, now trying her best not to laugh. "It would not be such a bad thing. I am already close friends with the whole family, but I..."

"Have not imagined yourself being married to them?" He asked, and she shook her head.

"They are all fine gentlemen, and I have no doubt they would be great husbands," she took a deep breath before continuing, her words created a strange feeling in her chest. "But they are simply not ready."

"Ready for what?" He wondered.

"For my world. This world with such expectations, requirements, laws, prohibitions...but more importantly, with such devotion for duty," she explained, and sighed. "Anthony, Benedict, and Colin are free spirits, they have always done whatever they pleased... Marrying me would be their death sentence."

"That is not true," he looked down at her with sincere eyes. "I understand the meaning and the importance of duty. But let that not be an obstacle in your search for a husband, Char."

"I will keep that in mind," she sighed, but her seriousness slowly turned into a small smile. "Will I see you tonight, Your Grace?"

"No, I do not think you will," he shook his head with his usual charming smirk, kissed the back of her hand, and walked with her to his carriage.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Theatre Royal Drury Lane, London

Charlotte was standing next to the Queen and Lady Danbury, who were chatting amongst themselves and other ladies of the court. She lost track of their conversation as her mind traveled elsewhere, but nowhere in particular.

"Lady Bridgerton!" Lady Danbury's yell made her jump in place out of surprise. "Do join us."

She took a deep breath and stood with grace next to her mother as they all watched the Bridgeton ladies approaching them.

"Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness," Violet greeted them as she and her daughter made a curtsy. "You must remember my daughter, Daphne."

"Yes. She made quite an impression...however fleeting it may have been," the Queen whispered to Brimsley.

"Mama," Charlotte whispered at her mother with a frown, disapproving her words completely.

The Queen snorted a chuckle and walked away with the rest of the ladies and her manservant, who always follows her like puppies.

"Come along, Daughter!" She heard her mother yelling, and only gave Daphne, Violet and Lady Danbury a small smile before she too, walked behind her mother.

"I would like to welcome you both to my box this evening," Lady Danbury offered them. Violet wanted to refuse, but Lady Danbury was quicker. "I insist."

Daphne and Violet nodded gratefully at her and followed after her. Minutes later, they were all sitting in their box, and the opera began.

Daphne stared at the singer with interest, also trying to forget her situation with Lord Berbrooke. Meanwhile, Lady Danbury and Violet Bridgerton were lowly chatting between themselves and behind Daphne.

"They are saying her husband will not live 'til the end of the month," Lady Danbury said as she and Violet looked in the Queen's and Charlotte's way. "Poor Charlotte."

"Surely another rumor provided by that vicious, scandal-mongering writer," Violet stated. "Should her degradation know no bounds?"

"Lady Whistledown writes about my family too," Lady Danbury stated as well. "Yet I suppose the Duke can withstand such scrutiny, since he is, after all, a man."

"His Grace was fortunate to have you there with him as a child after what happened to his mother. Awful!" Violet exclaimed.

"He is not what Whistledown writes," they looked at each other.

"Nor is Daphne," Violet agreed.

"It would seem the two of them have that much in common, then," she said and the two women stared at Daphne. "Matches have certainly been made with far less."

"What are you suggesting?" Violet looked her and Lady Danbury leaned closer to speak lower.

"Lady Whistledown merely writes what she sees. Perhaps we need to help her to see things a bit more clearly," she smirked. "The Duke is quite fond of gooseberry pie."

"A very dish my cook is renowned for," Violet realized, the two looked at each other and chuckled.

"And the Princess' favorite is strawberry shortcake," Lady Danbury added.

"Oh, we already knew that," Violet smiled contently and looked in Charlotte's direction. "For years, she's been a close friend of the family."

"Speaking of matchmaking and close friends... Have you not thought of matching one of your eldest sons with the Princess?" Lady Danbury asked with curiosity. "It certainly does not seem like a bad idea."

"Oh, no... Well, yes, but... It is only recently that my sons have this spark in their eyes whenever they see her," she sighed. "Even Lady Whistledown has noticed."

"I know, that is why I'm asking," Lady Danbury looked at her. "Has Lord Bridgerton courted anyone yet?"

"No, he has not," Violet answered immediately while lightly shaking her head. "But he must, soon."

"Mr. Colin Bridgerton is a fine match for her. But Lady Whistledown has him trapped in between her and Miss Marina Thompson, the 'Incomparable'... Not at all to me if you ask me, but let us not get into that mess any further," she continued with more interest. "However... What about Mr. Benedict Bridgerton?"

"Benedict... Oh..." Violet thought about it for a moment. "Well, they share a deep interest for art."

"Is he courting anyone?" She asked, and Violet shook her head. "A beautiful woman, a Princess, has caught all your sons' eye. It would be a shame for them to let her go."

"I know my sons," she looked at Lady Danbury with sincerity and confidence. "That will never happen."

But what Violet wondered, was who of them was to court her. According to Lady Whistledown, the three seem to want Charlotte as something more than a dear friend. She doubted Anthony, for he had his own mess with another woman. Colin had his eyes set on Marina Thompson. But Benedict... He certainly was a good match. Perhaps the perfect match...

On the other side of the theater, was Charlotte, sitting next to her mother, close to the edge of their box. Her eyes briefly darted down at the crowd of people. And there he was, Benedict Bridgerton sitting next to his brother, Colin, but Anthony was nowhere to be seen. Subconsciously, she stared at him for a long time, until Benedict discreetly moved his head and looked up. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized she had been staring, but it was too late to hide. Instead, she smiled, he nodded in response and smiled back with a small wave. With blush on her cheeks, she leaned back on her seat and continued staring at the singers on stage.

It is too early for me to declare Her Royal Highness, our dearest Princess, as ineligible. Because once in a while, right in the middle of nowhere, love gives us a fairytale.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.5K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of Württemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...
138K 4.3K 35
[Draft 1 of Lady Whistledown's Unpublished Papers] Dear Reader, "Egredere Audacter Et Fideliter "~ Go Out Boldly and Faithfully, is the Vincent famil...
5K 247 6
All Is Fair In Love And War. Lord Anthony Bridgerton, the formidable head of the Bridgerton family, sets forth on a quest to secure a worthy spouse...
37.4K 1.8K 26
Yo another fan fic! I do not own the series or books. I am not going to be too faithful to the storyline so think of it as an AU where everything is...