ᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴀᴄᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ɢᴏᴅ (Zhongl...

By Murder_Princess_Main

I still remember the moment I laid my eyes on her, her smiles that are quite familiar, the mature scent, the... More

Chapter 1: Zhongli of Liyue
Chapter 2: Don't Let Your Guard Down
Chapter 3: Contract
Chapter 4: Vision
Chapter 5: Date
Chapter 6: Friend
Chapter 7: Mt. Aozang
Chapter 8: Cry
Chapter 9: Guizhong
Chapter 11: Kiss
Chapter 12: Special
Chapter 13: Ningguang
Chapter 14: Traveler
Chapter 15: God of Stove
Chapter 16: To Mondstadt
Chapter 17: Grape Juice
Chapter 18: Thieves
Chapter 19: Love
Chapter 20: Yours 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓛𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓥𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷
Announcement
Chapter 20: Yours 𝓛𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓥𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷
Chapter 21: Cloth
Chapter 22: Confrontation
Chapter 23: Something
Chapter 24: Queen
Chapter 25: Hideout
Chapter 26: For you
Chapter 27: Stormterror
Chapter 28: A kiss of the wind
Chapter 29: Rite of Descension
Chapter 30: Rite of Descension II
Chapter 31: Noctilucous Jade
Chapter 32: Remedium Tertiorum
Chapter 33: Cocogoat
Chapter 34: Mr. Cyclops
Chapter 35: More 𝓛𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷
Chapter 36: Dainsleif
Chapter 37: Big Brother
Chapter 38: Storge
Chapter 39: Friends

Chapter 10: Misunderstood

17K 757 2K
By Murder_Princess_Main

Your POV

" Lady (y/n), the guest is arriving soon. Lady Ningguang wishes to see you right away." A millelith guard said, I gently pushed Zhongli away. I nodded at the guard and looked at Zhongli.

" Excuse me, I can't deal with you right now, Mr. 'Zhongli.' " I said to him emphasizing his name again.

" I understand, Guizho- " I cut him off with a slap on his cheek and I glared at him. He looked shockingly at me while caressing his reddening cheek. I just rolled my eyes at him and turned away, I saw Ningguang staring at us in shock.

" Kindly address me using my first name, you do know me, right Mr. Zhongli? " I said staring down at the ground, clenching my fist.

" Y-yes... I'm sorry, (y/n)." I heard him said. I slightly nodded and went to Ningguang. I can already feel my eyes stinging. I shook my head go get the thought off my mind. Ningguang then took my hand.

" Lovers Quarrel?" Ningguang asked and I glared at her.

" I don't love him. " I told Ningguang and she looked at me slyly.

" I mustn't, I can't and I won't." I told her and just walked off.

' It's true. How can a mortal be in a ' romantic' relationship with a god? Even so, how can a woman love a man that has seen interest in her only because of his 'past'? ' I thought to myself.

" Such stupidity. " I muttered underneath my breath.

" What? He confessed? " Ningguang asked me and I laughed.

" His confession was for someone else. " I told her and she chuckled.

" I thought you both liked each other after meeting only yesterday. " Ningguang said with a laugh, making me laugh as well.

" Well, there's this guy from Mondstadt that I had a crush on. " I told Ningguang and she rolled her eyes at me.

" He's handsome, smart, strong, and also pretty rich. " I said and her eyes immediately shifted towards me.

" Hmm~ I'm listening. " Ningguang said and we both laughed.

" Lady Ningguang, Lady (y/n). The guest has arrived. " A millelith guard told us.

" Let's save that for later. " Ningguang said with a wink.

I love her gentle and playful demeanor when we're both alone. She's so different when she's serious and on her 'business woman mode'.

I slowly turned around to see Zhongli still looking a little bit confused and bothered. " You coming or what?! " I yelled at Zhongli and just sighed when he just looked at me.

' Urg! That guy! ' I thought and went back to him and grab his wrist. His eyes widen and I just rolled my eyes at him.

" I don't want my guest hanging around here all alone, contemplating with his old life. " I told him and started dragging him along with me.

" Come on, snap out of it. Do you want me to slap you even harder that it'll make your head fly off and burst just like that stone dumbbell? " I asked him with annoyance.

" Leave him be. I told him to choose anything here that caught his interest. Give him some time. " Ningguang said, " You can go inside the Jade Chamber and pick out an item you like. " She told Zhongli.

" Ah, thank you. It'll be rude of me to refuse the offer. " Zhongli said and immediately let go of his wrist and followed Ningguang, he then went inside.

" Now that his out of the way, we shall proceed. " Ningguang said, I then saw a familiar guy, which to my surprise is truly him and he immediately recognized me as well.

" Hmm, I was expecting to see you. But not like that. " He told me which caused me to laugh.

" Welcome to the Jade Chamber, I am the Tianquan of the Qixing, Ningguang. And I guess you've known my sister, (y/n). " Ningguang asked him.

" Yes, quite well. " He said and looked at me.

" You missed me that much? I just left Mondstadt yesterday. " I told him with a laugh. He then smirked at me.

" I had some business here to attend to. " He said and looked at Ningguang, my sister nodded.

" Yes, matters about that should be discussed privately. " Ningguang said as she invited him inside the Jade Chamber. When we got inside I can see Zhongli scanning the whole area.

" You and your sister do look quite alike, especially when you adapt her aesthetic preferences. " He whispered to me. I chuckled at him.

" Why? Do I look lovely tonight? " I asked him with a playful grin. He sighed and then gazed at me.

" Do you want an honest answer? " Diluc asked me with his arms crossed and I immediately nodded.

" No. " He coldly replied. I just pouted and rolled my eyes at him, I then felt a hand on top of my head.

" Because you always look lovely, every night and day. " Diluc said and flashed a half-smile at me. My face turned crimson after hearing that.

" Your face is red, have you been drinking again? " He asked me with a concern look on his face.

" I really think you missed me, you're a little talkative tonight, Diluc. " I told him with a chuckle.

" Please this way, Master Diluc. " Ningguang said and we both followed her to her quarters, we then saw Zhongli looking at my porcelain antiques.

" So, Mr. Zhongli, have you made up your mind? " Ningguang asked him.

" Ah, sorry but does (y/n) own anything here? " Zhongli asked him.

" It's actually all mine and your not allowed to have any of my stuffs. " I told him.

" Thank you, I just want to scan it. " Zhongli said and I just glared at him. Diluc just stared at Zhongli, observing him.

" By the way Diluc. Meet Mr. Zhongli, his a consultant at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. " I told Diluc, Zhongli extended his arms at Diluc, offering a handshake, which Diluc accepted.

" Diluc Ragnvindr of Mondstadt, the owner of the Dawn Winery. " Diluc introduced himself to Zhongli.

" It is a pleasure meeting you. I heard wines from Mondstadt are really exquisite. " Zhongli responded with a kind smile. Diluc nodded.

" That's what I came for. " Diluc said.

" About the business, Master Diluc. " Ningguang said. Diluc excused himself to me and Zhongli and they both left. Leaving me and Zhongli alone.

Zhongli grabbed my hand and poured golden dust on my palm, probably it's from that stone dumbbell. My eyes widen when my palm started absorbing the dust.

" This is her wisdom. With this you can harness your power even better, and become even stronger. " He said while staring at me with his pupils dilated.

" What? Does it reminded you of her again? " I asked him with a dirty look. He then chuckled and shook his head.

" Despite being a mortal, you're stronger and wiser. " Zhongli told me.

" Ningguang and I used to live a hard life, of course we're- "

" You have a potential to reach godhood. " Zhongli cut me off, I lifted and eyebrow at him.

" Nonsense, I can't be as great as a god. I can't even search for my own brother or even know where my parents are. " I told him with a dull expression.

" As I've said before, I will be with you, and I will help you bring your brother back. " Zhongli reminded me.

" But isn't that a little bit unfair on your part? " I asked him, he then laughed and shook his head.

" Being with you makes me feel like human. " He said with a plastered smile on his face.

" Hmm? In what way? " I asked him.

" I might not know how to explain it, but I feel different from before... " He told me and I just rolled my eyes at him.

" Is this about Guizhong again? " I asked him with a sigh and crossed my arms.

" No... This is about you... " He said and my eyes widen. I immediately shrugged it off and ignored what he said.

" You surely act like human now... Unconsciously breaking hearts because of some shitty past and ex-lover issues! " I yelled at him.

" Uh-Uhh... Lovers? " He asked me, I gnashed my teeth.

" Guizhong! " I yelled, he paused for a while and then chuckled.

" She's special, I agree. But I only love her as a friend, if that's still applicable... " He said resting his chin on his thumb and index finger.

' I clearly misunderstood? ' I asked myself.

" Yet why'd you kissed me?! " I asked him with embarrassment. He blushed as well.

" S-Sorry, I wasn't able to explain it to you. I was transferring my elemental energy to you since I thought that your body might not be able to withstand the stone dumbbell's power. But I was wrong, you handled it flawlessly. " He explained and my jaw dropped.

' So that's why I felt a little heavy... I was so dumb. ' I thought, mentally slapping myself.

I slowly went to him and softly slapped his cheek. " I hate you. " I told him, he just chuckled and held my hand that's on his face and smiled.

" She told me that I might be able to open it if I finally found the 'key' to it. The moment it broke, I saw her. She smiled at the both of us, yet she muttered something that I couldn't hear nor understand... " Zhongli told me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 171 22
"And in those nights that I've sought peace, I found it only...in you." 【너와 함께 하는 게 꿈이라면, 깨워주지 말아줘】 Why must we face reality when the tru...
85.8K 4.4K 44
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐌. 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬 x 𝐅. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐔 w/ 𝐃.𝐈.𝐂.𝐊.𝐀.𝐀.𝐙.) After being burned at the stake u...
138K 5.2K 33
-------❁ ❁ ❁------- If i get a chance to meet you again, this time I will tell how much I love you. So please, I miss you so much y/n. -------❁...
16.3K 428 24
„ Whisper's in the wind" Zhongli x Reader Its my first mini book so please be kind! I'm telling a story between our beloved early life zhongli aka M...