Chapter 32: Remedium Tertiorum

Zhongli's POV

" Hehehe, the compliments of a learned man truly are pleasant. "

" Well then, Granny Shan, I shall take these back with me. As for the payment—... " I said and turned my gaze at the Jade Chamber.

' Is (y/n) up to something? ' I asked myself sensing the air changing a bit differently. I can see her golden dust being carried away by the wind.

" As for the payment," he says! " Lumine told Paimon.

" Well, allow me. " We heard Childe said with a chuckle.

" Hey, it's Childe! " Paimon chimed with relief. I turned my gaze towards him.

" Did you arrange to meet here? " Lumine asked the both of us.

" Haha. No, I was merely passing through. I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying— Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. " Childe said with a smirk.

" He knows a great deal about money, and about the trials of the common man. He just doesn't consider poverty to be something that could ever happen to him. Or perhaps you could say that he cannot imagine himself lacking money. " He continued.

" How has he not died of hunger yet? " Paimon asked with disbelief.

" (y/n) feeds him very well. " Childe said and laughed.

" ...Childe, you are as fond of jokes as ever. " I said with a chuckle, Childe just smirked at me.

" Well then, since we've purchased our kites without incident, there's no need to take a break before moving to the next step in our preparations. " I told them.

" The Rite of Parting requires helping hands as well as materials. We should be able to find some people near the harbor. " I continued, Paimon and Lumine nodded.

" Oh, by the way, Traveler, take this bag of money. You probably won't want to let Zhongli do the bargaining, if you know what I mean. " Childe said with a laugh and handed Lumine the bag. They both thanked Childe, I both smiled at them as they went on.

" I know you can sense her too, Childe. I have told you this before... " I said as I walked passed him. I paused and looked at him.

" Never lay a finger on her. " I told him he then smirked at me.

" Or else what? I shall suffer the wrath of the rock? " Childe told me with a smile, as if he was taunting me.

" Let's go Zhongli! " I heard Paimon shouted. I just chuckled and smiled at Childe.

Your POV

" Lady (y/n), you called? " I heard Keqing said.

" Yup. I just wanted to report to you about one of the Ballistas. " I told her with a sigh.

" Oh, some treasure hoarders disarmed it again? " Keqing asked and I nodded.

" So what are we waiting for? Enough procrastinating, let's go. You were the one who fixed it last time. " Keqing told me, I chuckled and smiled at her.

" Sorry... But I'm in a middle of something right now... Hmm... Could you please send some of the Mililleth to watch over it till I arrive? I'll do it tomorrow. " I told her with a smile.

" Fine. What else have you discovered? " She asked me.

" I've located some of the Fatui's hideouts. I'll send you a copy tomorrow once I've located everything. Thank you, Keqing. " I told her, she nodded and smile.

" Alright then, see you tomorrow. " She said and left.

~ Time skip, back at Liyue Harbor ~

As I was walking around Liyue Harbor planning to go to Wangshu Inn, I happened to see Paimon and Lumine together with Childe. I slowly went my way towards them.

" You think you can buy us off with some loose change? No way! Paimon demands to know when the next payment is coming! " Paimon yelled at Childe.

" Haha. Well, how does this sound: You give me the information I need, and maybe I'll leave the Northland Bank's vaults open and unattended for half an hour. " Childe told them.

I slowly placed a hand on Childe's shoulder which startled him, causing him to immediately turn his gaze on me with his eyes widen. " Hehe, what information? " I playfully asked Childe with a forced smile.

" No! " Lumine yelled, Childe then looked at her.

" Huh? Lumine, does that mean you know what he's after? " Paimon asked her.

" What else could the Fatui want? Are you forgetting what happened in Mondstadt? " Lumine said and we both glared at Childe.

" You both need to calm down... I don't know what's gotten into you, Lumine, and (y/n) your gripping on my shoulder a little too hard, I guess you might as well want to get a grip of my throat. " He playfully said, my eyes widened and I immediately let him go.

" Just what is this about? The atmosphere got so tense all of a sudden. " Childe said and smirked at me.

" Is... everything okay? " I heard Zhongli approaching.

" Everything is fine. I was just informing Lumine and Paimon that they need not return the surplus Mora. Now if you'll excuse me, I must be going. " Childe said and left.

" Paimon definitely felt like Childe wasn't happy with us just now... " Paimon said, Lumine then sighed. They both stared at Childe whose walking away.

" Uhmm... Zhongli I'm going to Wangshu Inn right now. Is there anything you want or need me to do? " I asked him. His eyes widen, he then chuckled.

" Yes, a lot. But let's do it after the Rite of Parting, shall we? " He said and cupped my face.

" W-what do you mean? " I asked him and he chuckled.

" You'll see. Oh and by the way, do you know the young Adeptus of Guili Plains? " He asked.

" Ahh... Yeah, Xiao. " I told Zhongli and he nodded. He took my hand and handed me something.

" Can you hand him these Remedium Tertiorum with extra care? Nothing of this world can withstand the power of this medicine, so be careful. " Zhongli told me, closing my palm. I smiled at him.

" Don't worry, I will. " I told him.

~ Time skip, at Wangshu Inn ~

" What brings you here? You're spreading your golden dust all across Liyue. " A familiar voice said.

" Oh come on, don't you miss me? " I asked him with a chuckle and turned around to face him. He slowly made his way towards me.

" I guess you really missed me since I don't need to call out your name for you to arrive. " I told him with a smile.

" I'm far from human. I can't make much of human emotions. " He told me.

" Oh? Well, you got a little taller. I guess I've been gone for a while indeed. " I said teasing him. He then glared at me.

" Yeah... Can't make much of human emotions. " I said and handed him the medicine Zhongli gave me and Xiao's eyes widen.

" H-how did you— "

" I can't tell you the details. I think it's against the contract. " I cut him off.

" So it's true... Rex Lapis saved you while you were on your mission at the City of Wind... Before the day he was assassinated...  " Xiao said, I just kept my mouth shut.

" You should have just called my name. I'm willing to protect you, but don't think about getting close or getting in my way for I might— "

" I know... Don't worry, Xiao. We'll be alright... He'll be alright. " I told him and his eyes widen. I took his hand and placed the medicine on his palm and closed it like Zhongli did to mine.

" W-what do you mean? " Xiao asked.

" I think you'll know it... soon enough. " I told him and left.