Together... and Apart

By jcleswrites

Two amazing actors falling in love onset.. how will they manage to see each other everyday? +Creds to Warner... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32

Part 7

1K 20 7
By jcleswrites

(December 11th, 1994)

David's POV:

It's been almost 7 months of filming 'friends' and so far, we've all gotten pretty famous. I'm starting to get more auditions for movies and stuff because of this new hit. Not only did the show's popularity grow, but also my feelings for Jennifer. We started to hang out way more in the summer, getting to know each other wayyy more. Sometimes we even had sleepovers with Matthew, her, and Court. It's 9am in LA right now, the weather is more cool than it was in October. I see people decorating the outside of their shops for Christmas, everybody looking so joyful. I park my car in front of the studio, and make my way to the entrance. I see Jennifer walking towards the studio as well.

"Hey.." I say, blushing. She looks beautiful, as always. Her glistening gorgeous blue eyes, and her golden, wavy hair, making me question if I was looking at an angel or at a person. 

"Hi!" she says cheerfully, avoiding eye contact with me. I open the door for her, it's the gentleman's way of course. 

"Thank you," she smiles, patting my shoulder gently as a 'thanks'. I nod, still mesmerized by her looks. We walk towards the others, who are talking to Marta and Kevin.. what's going on?

"Hey guys!" Jennifer says, interrupting their discussion. So far, it was just Matthew and Lisa there, with Marta and Kevin.

"Hey," I say to them.

"Hi guys! We have some very exciting news!!" Marta says excitedly.

"We're going to New York all together!! In two days!!" Lisa blurted out. 

"Really?!" I say cheerfully.

"YEAHHHH!!" Matthew yells. I look over at Jennifer, who has a sad smile plastered on her face. I wonder what's up with her. I wrap my arm around her gently, trying to comfort her. 

"You all have today and tomorrow off to pack, we're leaving on Wednesday." Marta says. "We already have a private jet and tickets set up for all of you!" 

"Cool!!!!" Matthew says. We separate from the group, while I still keep my arm around Jennifer. She leans her head on my shoulder, with a sad look in her eyes. She's smiling, but I can read in her eyes that something is bugging her.

"Hey.. you okay?" I ask her, softly.

"Mhm.." she replies. I respect her response and we leave the studio to start packing. I hope Jennifer is okay.

Jennifer's POV:

I'm not too pumped about going to New York to be honest.. I don't know.. there's just a lot of memories from growing up there. And they're not good memories. I notice how David always knows when I'm sad. He always knows how to comfort me, he's always there for me when I need him. That's what I love most about him. He's so caring. We walk towards the exit of the building, my head leaning on David's shoulder. I feel so protected by him, like nothing will ever hurt me, as long as I'm by his side. He takes his arm off me and looks into my eyes. 

"I'll see you on Wednesday!" he says with excitement in his eyes. Whenever he's happy, I start feeling happy.

"Yep!" I say, with a smile appearing on my face.

"Bye Jennifer," he says quietly, loud enough for me to hear him.

"Bye.." I say back, not stopping the eye contact between him and I. He walks away to his car, while I make my way to mine. Man, do I have a lot of packing to do..

(Wednesday, December 13th 1994, still Jennifer's POV)

I grab my suitcase from upstairs and head to the door, making sure I have everything I need for the flight. I'm pretty nervous though and yes, I may have a fear of heights. I check my purse to see if I have my boarding pass and my passport. 

"Bye Clyde, bye Dolly! I'll be back next week," I say to my dogs while petting them goodbye. I hired a pet sitter to take care of them while I'm gone, so I'm obviously not leaving them alone. I put my luggage into the trunk, and make my way to the driver's seat. I start driving in the direction of the studio, where we're all supposed to meet. Apparently we're going to be driven to the airport all together, including Marta and Kevin. I'm pretty excited about getting to spend a whole week with David though.. I hope we'll get to sit together on the plane. Maybe I'll get to tell him I have feelings for him? I shouldn't get my hopes up. Anyways, I park my car next to a Mercedes, probably David's car. I grab my luggage and make my way inside the studio. David and Matthew are already there, with Marta and Kevin. David is wearing sweatpants, with a white plain t-shirt, and a leathered zip-up jacket covering his arms. It's pretty warm in LA, although in New York, it's probably snowing at the moment. I walk up towards Matthew and David to see what they are up to. 

"Hey Jen," Matthew says. 

"Hey!" I say back. David smiles at me cutely with his dark brown puppy-dog eyes. I lean on his shoulder, acting as if it were a normal thing now. We've actually gotten extremely close this past 5 months. Instead of standing around in one spot we decided to take a seat on the couch. I took a seat beside David, while Matthew sat on the armchair across from us. I watch as David rests his arm on the arm of the couch, so I scoot closer to him and lean my head on his shoulder. He gets more comfortable and places his arm around my shoulder, giving me more room to snuggle up beside him. The door suddenly bursts open with Court jumping out.

"WE'RE GOING TO NEW YORKKK!!!" she blurts out, startling all of us.

"I don't understand how you have so much energy- it's literally 5 in the morning," I mutter back to Court, who's cheerfully skipping towards us, taking a seat next to Matthew. 

"Hi honey.." Matthew says to Court, while cupping her face and giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Uhhh.. what is this?!" David says, pointing his finger, motioning it towards them. They're dating? I guess it makes it normal if David and I started to date, like that's ever going to happen. I don't even think he has feelings for me. Courteney takes a seat on Matthew's lap, while snuggling her face into his neck.

"Awww," I say, pouting my lips. David looks over at me and kisses me randomly on my forehead. I blush, while smiling at the gesture. He's so cute, and kind, and loving.. and handsome, God I could go on forever. I yawn, while closing my eyes slightly while I try to doze off.

"Somebody's sleepy.." David whispers in my ear, while moving a strand of my hair that's in my face. 

"Seriously Jennifer, what time did you fall asleep last night?" he says softly.

"I don't know.. like 12? I couldn't fall asleep.." I say back to him, my eyes still closed. Honestly, I could stay like this forever. 

David's POV:

I'm holding Jennifer in my arms, she's almost asleep. She's so cute when she's asleep. The only problem is that I can't look into those gorgeous eyes of hers. Ah, well. At least she's snuggling up in my arms and not anyone else's. We're supposed to be at the airport at around 6, because our flight leaves at around 8:15. Right now it's 5:52, Lisa and Matt should be here soon. I watch Jennifer as she sleeps peacefully, I wonder what she's dreaming about. A loud rumble comes along from the door, causing Jennifer to wake up from her nap. I could watch her sleep all day. 

"Hey guys!!" Matt says. I'm starting to get along with Matt, he's cool. Lisa runs up to us shocked.

"What happened Lisa?!" Jennifer says, confused with Lisa's shock. 

"You two- and you two?! Oh my Gosh!!" She points at Court and Matthew and then at Jen and I.

"No, no.. they're dating Lisa, not us.." Jennifer corrects Lisa. Matt looked relieved, I'm pretty sure he likes Jennifer too. 

"Ohhh! Congrats guys!" she says to them while they intertwine fingers. Marta and Kevin come out of their office, while we gather around them. 

"Okay, so everyone's here! Perfect!" Marta says to all of us. We all grab our suitcases and make our way outside the studio, where we're supposed to be picked up. I stand beside Jennifer and of course, admire every moment I look at her as if it were my last. She's wearing grey cargo pants, with a navy zip-up sweater and her golden hair is put up in a messy bun. Suddenly, a white, long limo pulls up in front of us.

"Is this ours-?" we all mutter eyes wide, while Marta nods. I see Jennifers mouth drop in shock, and we all carry our luggage to the back. 

"Need help with that?" I ask Jennifer, because it looks like she's struggling with the suitcase.

"Yeah.." she says, out of breath. I pick up her suitcase and put it in the trunk, with no problem. The limo's really big, there's seats for all of us, a mini cooler, lights on the roof of the car and a mini TV. I take a seat next to Jennifer of course, while everyone else gets situated. The car starts to move, as we all celebrate with the big get-away. 

"You excited?" I ask Jennifer.

"Mhm!" she nods, but again, the look in her eyes gives off a sad expression. I hope she's okay.. I'll try to talk to her about it in private.

"WOOOOOOOOOO" Court screams, causing Jennifer and I to cover our ears,"

"I think that's enough alcohol for you honey.." Matthew says, snatching the wine out of her hands.

"Heyy!!!" Court yells back. Jennifer giggles sweetly, nuzzling the back of her head in between my shoulder and chest. 

"We're almost there guys! So be prepared," the Limo driver says to all of us. I look out the window, and you could already see the "lax" airport sign. The sun is starting to rise slowly, since it's already 6:45am. I could feel the vehicle come to an abrupt stop, in front of the terminal. I grab Jennifer's hand and help her out of the Limo, while camera's are being flickered on all of us. 

"Over here! Over here!" one of the paparazzi's yell out. Jeez they're really annoying. Jennifer and I quickly walk towards the trunk, hand-in-hand to get out luggage. We have a few securities blocking all the people away for us to walk inside the airport. 

"My God, I don't think we'll ever be in privacy.. ever again," Matthew mutters out to all of us when we arrive inside. 

"Yep," Matt says. I take a glance at Jennifer, who looks extremely nervous. Marta brings us over to the departure board to check if our flight is on time, and then after to get our luggage checked. We still get bombarded by some people at the airport for autographs. Honestly, I'm fine with normal people asking for autographs but paparazzi's being behind my back 24/7? No..

We're sitting in the private lounge, that's already somehow connected to the boarding lane for our plane. It's already 7:50, so I guess we're going to start boarding soon. We all take a seat together after we find out what our seats are. 

"What seat did you guys get-?" Lisa asks.

"All I know is that the seats are two each, so you'll probably get to sit beside one of each other," Marta says.

"I got 7A," Matt says. 

"I'm 9A," Jennifer  says quietly, biting her finger nails. I look over at my boarding pass, I'm 9B.

"Hey, I guess we're sitting next to each other.." I say back to Jennifer. She looks over at me and smiles, so I smile back. It's pretty exciting, getting to sit next to her and talk about whatever we want for like, 5 hours. 

"Gates are now opened for boarding for, American Airline's private jet from Los Angeles to New York, please head to Gate 69B, thank you." someone says over the speakers.

"That's us!" Kevin shouts out. We get out of our seats and I grab my boarding pass. I feel Jennifer's hand slide in mine, intertwining fingers. Her hands are cold, fighting the heat from mine. She still looks nervous, so I stop walking and keep a distance from the others.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her.

"I don't know.." she says back, avoiding eye contact with me.

"You can talk to me, y'know?" I say, smiling reassuringly.

"Okay.. I'm a little scared of heights, I know it's stupid-"

"It's okay, I'm here if you need me," I interrupt her, squeezing her hand and leading her to the Gate. The others already boarded, so we're one of the last ones. We show our boarding passes to the flight attendant.

"Awww, you two on your honeymoon?" she asks us, pointing her index finger at our intertwined hands. I look blankly at Jennifer, who also has the same face expression.

"No, no.. we're just friends.." I say.

"Cool! I feel like I've seen you two before..?" she looks at us with a confused look on her face.

"Oh uhm.. we play on a tv show called 'Friends'? I don't know if you've heard of it-" Jennifer says.

"OH MY GOSH YEAH! You guys are Rachel and Ross right?" she says excitedly, while we nod. 

"I'll let you guys go now, have a great flight!" she says, smiling at us.

"Thank you," we both say, while we make our way to the plane. Our seats are behind Court's and Matthew's. The plane is honestly nothing I would've thought it would look like. It doesn't look like a plane at all. Our seats aren't those arm-chair looking ones, they're literally like couches, and there's a lot of room. There's a mini bar upfront, and a little lounge in the back with food and drinks. 

"This place is sick!!" Matthew mutters to Courteney, loud enough for us to hear. Jennifer's seat is beside the window, but I could tell by her face expression that she doesn't want to sit there because of her fear of heights.

"Wanna switch seats? I can sit by the window if you want.." I ask her politely, while she nods and thanks me. We sit down comfortably and we put on our seatbelts. I look over at Jennifer, who looks completely paranoid. She's fiddling with her fingers non-stop, so I try to comfort her. The pilot on the speakers explain everything about emergency landings, etc. The plane slowly starts to move, startling everyone. Lisa, Matt, Marta and Kevin are on the other side of the plane, so it's pretty much Courteney and Matthew we can talk to, it's very spaced out. 

"Get ready for takeoff everyone, please make sure your seatbelts are fastened." says the pilot again through the speaker. 

"David..?" Jennifer whispers softly in my ear, with the innocent, scared-looking expression plastered on her face. 

"It's okay," I say to her, grabbing her hand gently. While we takeoff, Jennifer tightens her grip onto my hand, her eyes shut. I sit relaxed, my second hand stroking hers softly, as a reminder that everything's okay. I look out the window to see the view, still holding onto her hand. The sun's already up, and the clouds look gorgeous, painted with all sorts of colours. Once we're in the air, Jennifer slowly opens her eyes at looks into mine.

"Thank you.." she whispers softly, not breaking the eye contact. I'm very glad that I was there to comfort her, I hope she knows that I'm not the type of guy that will just abandon her. I like her so much, I just wished she knew that. The seatbelt sign goes off, so we're finally allowed to explore the lounge and minibar. 

"Wanna go check the lounge out?" I ask her, smiling.

"Yeah, sure!" she responds, getting up from her seat. She holds onto my hand again tightly, incase we go into turbulence. Marta and Kevin are already asleep, while Matt is looking out the window and Lisa's reading a book. Court and Matthew are cuddling in the same seat under one blanket.

"Guys.. get a room," I whisper to them, while Jennifer lets out a soft chuckle.

"Oh, would you just shut up!" Court yells at me defensively.

"Jeez, calm down woman," I say to myself. I continue walking to the lounge hand-in-hand with Jen, once we get there, we take a seat on a long leathered couch, that connects all the way around the perimeter of the lounge. 

"Can I get you guys anything to drink..?" a flight attendant asks us politely. 

"I'll have a water," Jennifer says.

"I'll have a.. beer?" I ask. The flight attendant hands me a beer and a 'Fiji' water bottle to Jennifer. 

"Fancy.." Jennifer says to me, examining the luxurious 'Fiji' water. I chuckle softly and open my can. 

"You grew up in New York, right?" I ask her out-of-the-blue. 

"Mhm.. you did too right?" she asks and I nod.

"Funny how we didn't cross paths before," I tell her.

"Yeah," she giggles cutely. I swear if I saw her before in my life, like at high school or something- god I would've made the worst first impression. We chat a little more and leave the lounge, back to our seats. We're about two hours in already, so it's about ten o'clock. I start to read my book, until I feel Jennifer lean her head against mine, so I just wrap my arm around her, letting her snuggle in my chest better. I can tell she's tired, so I let her doze off in my arms, slowly bringing me to sleep.

Jennifer's POV:

I wake up in David's muscular arms, oh how I am comfortable. Honestly, I can stay like this forever and not move at all. David's head is leaning on mine, and his arm is slowly stroking my back. I let him sleep for a little longer, he looks so peaceful. He wakes up to the sound of the Pilot speaking over the speaker.

"We are landing in about 10 minutes everyone, so please fasten your seatbelts. There may be a few turbulences since there is a bit of a snowstorm in New York, so stay at your seats until we land, thank you." he says. Turbulence?! no... I start to freak out inside, my heads starting to spin. The plane starts to shake a little causing my insides to feel like they're going to explode any second.

"David.. I don't-" I stop my self from speaking. He wraps his arm around me and looks at me calmly. 

"What's the matter? I'm here if anything happens. What do you need?" he says whispering to me, smiling. 

"I need the- the bag.." I say to him, pointing at the paper bag in front of my seat. He hands me the bag while I place in over my mouth, ready to throw up any second now. 

"We're almost there," he says with the gentle voice he has. I nod, not taking the bag of my mouth. And there it goes. I throw up into the bag. Not the greatest moment I've experienced. David continues to rub my back up and down, while holding my hand tightly.

"You okay?" he asks me, I love how he cares about me so much. I cough again into the bag, while I nod back at him. The plane finally lands, thank God. The start of this trip wasn't the greatest, but hopefully with David by my side, everything will be amazing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's chapter 7! I'm sorry this chapter is so long, but this is probably the longest part of the story. I've noticed that more people are reading my story! Thank you so much! You don't know how much it means to me <3 anyways, next chapter or two is going to be a lot, so be prepared. anyways, I'll probably post in a day or two, ily! Please vote/comment to give advice. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 540 19
A fanfiction I made about the best television series ever. Not that I want to ruin the perfect series that Friends was and still is, just wanting to...
10.1K 230 11
I know it's been done before, but this is my take on what might have happened around the time of the Friends Re-Union Show between Jennifer Aniston a...
2.5M 60.3K 82
❝ Kiss me slowly As if the seconds didn't pass As if it were a farewell Look at me with the shine Of the illusion of spring Of the excitement of summ...
111K 3.5K 15
When Chandler tries to prove to Meredith he can be in a just sex relationship, they both end up getting more than they asked for, despite both of the...