Eternal life

By magusia333

One day, Young Saeng wakes up in hospital. He doesn't understand why he is so achy and bruised, yet what frig... More

Disclaimer no.1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Disclaimer no. 2
Disclaimer no. 3 - cast pt. 1
Disclaimer no. 3 - cast pt. 2
Disclaimer no. 4 - table of names

Chapter 36

3 1 0
By magusia333

Ji Woon went to his home to pack essential things. He didn't have much, he always was gifted by Woong Tae and usually those were items, which young master no longer needed: clothes, books, toys, when they were younger. Ji Woon was grateful for those stuff, but in heart he was resentful, that his friend only pitied him. He changed into more comfortable clothes, than those he had right now and packed few for change. He also took his sword, the most valuable thing for him, given to him by his sister. He would never leave it behind.

As the night was passing, he was sitting on his bed and was waiting. He couldn't sleep, constantly feeling his heart speeding up from all he's been through. He fooled his best friend and failed to protect his sister. Adding to that him soon being a father. His conscience was heavy from all the trouble he was in.

When the time was right, he walked out and for the last time he stopped by Hwa Ryeong room. He wanted her to comfort him, but how could he tell her what happened? She would be mad at him, yell and hate him. He couldn't do that. He just prayed for her safety and went to Shim household.

Servant was waiting by the gate. He didn't say anything, just showed with his hand to wait there and he went away. Soon after that, Woong Tae walked out from behind of his court, where outhouse and cells where situated. It was nature of general Shim, to not trust anyone and with every occasion punish people.

Young master Shim was holding in bridal style Kyong Seon, which visibly was asleep. It shocked Ji Woon, that suddenly his friend was so considerate of people.

'She has a fever.' Woong Tae whispered, when he finally approached the horse. They hid beside the wall, to avoid potential witnesses. 'I couldn't wake her up. She has been crying all night and now she's exhausted.' His voice was genuinely worried.

Ji Woon helped to put her on the horse and they secured her, when she regained consciousness and wanted to get off the mount. She also tried to scream, but her voice was all hoarse and it wasn't loud thank to that. Young master Yoo covered her mouth with his hand and held her tightly.

'Stop! We're rescuing you!' Ji Woon felt his hand was getting wet as she again started crying. He was not surprised. In front of her were the people she was scared of: the one, which broke her heart and the one, who wanted to rape her. 'If you want you and your child to live, you have to cooperate. Alright?' He whispered, knowing that only one thing is scarier: the general and his atrocity.

She slowly nodded and he took his hand off of her lips. She grunted. 'What about my father?' She quietly spoke. 'He's going to be so scared...'

Woong Tae bit his lip. 'I will talk with him, ok? I will explain... Does he know about the pregnancy?'

Kyong Seon shook her head. 'Only my friend knows...'

Young master looked into the ground. 'I will think of something... Your name is Kyong...?'

'Lee Kyong Seon...'

'I will find him. Don't worry. But now you need to hide.' He looked at Ji Woon. 'Go into the mountain, it's less than two hours away, on horse it's probably faster. There are some people living, as there once was a village. I know them, just tell that you're coming from my order. They should help you and her.'

Ji Woon was out of words, so he just nodded and grabbed Kyong Seon's hand, so she could hold him on his waist. Instead she just hissed and he remembered, that she hurt her wrist when falling. He closed his eyes, he has to be more careful.

'I'm... sorry... Just grab onto anything, so you won't fall.' He said to her. His apologize probably covered something more, yet he couldn't or didn't want to acknowledge it.

They ran away without looking back.

***

Few months has passed. This year winter was not hard, therefore the wedding was scheduled for the beginning of the February, as the snow already melted. It was still cold, but the general didn't want to postpone it any longer.

All this time Ji Woon spent in the mountain with Kyong Seon. Few days earlier he received the message that the marriage is soon going to happen and Woong Tae is calling him to be his best man. Ji Woon didn't want to do this, since he was scared that his friend might found the truth, but on the other hand he knew that Woong Tae didn't have anyone else.

He and Kyong Seon got up early and travelled to the town. They came there one day earlier and he left Kyong Seon at her father's house and went to meet people he didn't see in a while. Firstly he visited his sister, which started to cry as soon as she saw him. She didn't know what happened with him, since he disappeared suddenly, not informing anyone.

'I was so scared...' Hwa Ryeong wanted to say something, but she had her throat stuffed. After a while she asked. 'What happened? Where were you?'

Ji Woon wanted to answer honestly, but he couldn't. He also had tears in his eyes, because of what pain she must been through. He cleared his throat. 'It doesn't matter. I'm here right now, on your special day. Did you gain some weight? You're not going to fit your attire.' She was slim as usual, maybe even slimmer. But he wanted to cheer her up, as he habitually did.

She indeed smiled. 'No silly, I'm the same. And don't worry, it's just the season.'

'Oh, I wanted to ask... I was walking around the court and I didn't see our brother. Shouldn't he already be here for the wedding? Or he is coming tomorrow?'

Hwa Ryeong dropped her head low. 'You didn't know... Um, he died. He was involved in some fight...'

Ji Woon made a mistake. He didn't care about his older brother. He didn't care about his death. But his sister did. He was her sibling as well Ji Woon was. He saddened her. 'Oh... That's the life of a soldier... Um, sister, don't worry. I'm here. Everything will be alright.' He took her hand and squeezed.

She was pleased, that her brother showed up. She was scared about all of the commotion, but the fact that Ji Woon was there, near her, was calming and reassuring.

Later Ji Woon went to Shim household. He waited for his friend, scared what he is going to say, as he sees him, but as soon as Woong Tae saw him, he shouted his name, run to him and hugged him.

'You don't know how I missed your presence! Come inside and tell me, how are things!'

Kyong Seon was really sick and the fact, that she hated Ji Woon didn't help. But he couldn't say that. 'The people there are really nice. Kyong Seon shortly became friends with them.' That was the truth.

As they arrived her fever worsened. He cried for help and people there, as soon as they heard from where he's coming, run to help him. They were old villagers, living in remains of old hamlet. They couldn't leave their homes, because they felt there the best, however there was just few of houses there. Thankfully there was some doctor, that helped Kyong Seon.

'You left her there?' Woong Tae asked carefully.

'She came with me, at the dawn and she's at her father's house. Don't worry, she's save there.'

Kyong Seon was doing fine right know, as her pregnancy was starting to be visible. She still didn't have any trust towards Ji Woon, but slowly she was unbosoming herself to him, as he was doing the same towards her. Through this months she was the only person he talked with. The villagers were kind, but only talked about some cursed goddess in the valley. He was not interested in that, therefore their relationship grew, this time in more moderate manner.

'So I'm going to be married tomorrow...' Woong Tae said. It was weird that Ji Woon didn't lead the conversation, as he usually did, but he had a lot on his mind.

'Yeah...'

'Listen... I didn't know that my father was planning me and Hwa Ryeong to marry. I rather thought he was going to send me to the capital and marry one of those stupid girls there. That's way I was so cocky... I will take care of her... So please, keep an eye on this girl. I messed up so I have to clean it.'

Ji Woon felt as his heart stung. Why he believed that Woong Tae will treat his sister badly? Why he created this stupid plan? He was the one, who messed up. He should be grateful for the outcome, that everyone is safe. Horribly grateful.

'Of course I will. You're my brother.' He just reassured Woong Tae, not uttering all the thoughts he had. Maybe one day he will, but that not the right time.

As they were talking, heading to the main hall, the general went out and noticed them. He looked at Ji Woon and decided to approach them. They saw him and bowed to him.

'Ji Woon, I want to talk with you. Regarding the wedding ceremony.' General said to him. Woong Tae didn't move, so his father looked at him meaningfully. 'Alone.'

When young master Shim was away enough not to hear them, the landlord continued. 'You have the guts, son. You always had no respect towards me, but now your courage is rather an idiotic move.'

Ji Woon took deep breath and looked into the ground. 'Sir, I don't understand...'

'Oh, you understand pretty well. Do you think I would just like that let you run away? Good for you, that your brother died that time. I really didn't want to make my dear friend, officer Choi, feel bad with dragging and killing his bastard son. So I let it go.'

Ji Woon was keeping quiet. He didn't know what to say.

'Everything here is my land. Woong Tae said that those people know him? They do! As well his father and their lord, me. So of course I know your whereabouts as well everything about this girl. And you think that I don't know about your plan regarding my son?' Ji Woon rapidly raised his head.

'Yes, I know! You wanted to destroy this marriage. I could smell your mischief from the day I met you. I feel bad for my son that he has a friend like you. But this may only teach him a lesson. Not to trust anyone.' General continued.

'Sir, I beg you, your son cannot know about it...'

'He doesn't know yet and maybe he'll never know. I propose you a deal. You'll disappear from here and never show your pitiful face again. Live your deplorable life in that dying village, but never come back here. I will immediately know about it. And if you do, you can say goodbye to your woman, your child and your life.'

Young man was pale but uttered some words. 'But the wedding...'

'You will flee after the ceremony.'

'Yes, sir.' Ji Woon couldn't say no to that. It would just create such a chaos, not talking about losing his life. He'll do as the general orders him to do.

Next day came and Ji Woon went to take part in the wedding ceremony. The groom made the procession to the bride home and greeted everyone there. Then he finally met Hwa Ryeong. It wasn't their first meeting, since when they were kids she always was somewhere in their lives, but the greeting between the groom and bride was necessary for the traditions.

They bowed, washed their hands, prayed to the Gods and exchanged the cups with wine. Everything was wrapped up this day, so actually Ji Woon didn't have a chance to talk with anyone, so he again without saying his farewell went to pick up Kyong Seon and run away.

[Box for feedback, for better neatness. Please, leave your comments here.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

REMINISCENT By

Teen Fiction

572 2 38
CHAPTERS EDITED☑️ "Do i remember?" I stare back confused "Do you remember..." she starts then looks down contemplating whether she should continue or...
2.2K 212 44
Seventeen year old Skylar Midnight always thought she'd been an ordinary girl; she knows exactly what to expect when it comes to a person with causal...
12.7K 1.8K 86
Confined to 'Chocia's Psychiatric Hospital' in a sleepy old town, Y/N isn't left with many liberties. Locked up by your absent parents, you are left...
1K 5 30
A witch couldn't take it anymore at her school and is leaving it one way or another and she's going to be bringing her coven members with her as she'...