Rejected me. BIG mistake

Από sarah_dynesnz

I know what your thinking. This is just another one of those rejected my mate, runs away, comes back and she'... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 7

24.9K 775 101
Από sarah_dynesnz

We arrive at the pack house in 25 minutes. I don't go as fast as I did on the way to school. I feel like I should watch my driving more with Ryder here. Something in me feels protective of him.

I park the bike and we both climb off. Leaving our helmets on the seat.

We head in to the pack house and I lead the way to the pack library.

We arrive in the library and Ryder looks around.

"This place is huge." He says.

"I know. It used to be my favourite place to be. This way to the werewolf history books." I say, leading him up the winding wooden staircase.

We reach the top and walk over to the corner on one of the sides and I pull out a few books and stack them in his arms.

"These are big books." He says as I stack another two on the three he's holding.

"Yea I know. They're pretty old too." I say. I grab out three more books and we head back down the staircase and place the books on the table and take a seat.

I grab one and Ryder grabs another and we start flicking through the dusty pages.

I finish the book but find nothing about the glowing gold lines on my wrist and my muzzle when I turn into a wolf.

"You found anything?" I ask Ryder as he grabs another book and closes the one he was reading.

"Nothing. You?" He asks.

"Nope." I say, flicking through the pages of the book I've got.

This book has nothing either so I grab another one. I've just started flicking through the pages when Ryder's phone goes off.

He looks at it and sighs.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"It's my mum. She's asking if I can come and meet her at the front door so the Beta can show us our rooms." He says.

"Oh. You should go. I'll be here for a while so don't worry about it." I tell him.

"I feel bad just leaving you here. I can tell her to do it without me." Ryder says.

"I'm fine. Go. Honestly." I say, smiling at him.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." He says, smiling and standing up.

I smile and pull out my phone and plug in my headphones. I switch on my playlist and put my headphones on then turn back to the book.

I flick through the books for what feels like forever. I get to the last book which happens to be the largest of all the books.

I'm getting closer to the end of the book when I see something. I stop flicking and going back to the page. I read over the page and gasp.

"Stories state that the one with the golden bands on their wrists as a human and on their muzzle as a wolf is no ordinary wolf. These wolves are pure white except from the golden lines. In history these wolves have been rejected by their mates. Their first mate is however not who the moon goddess had specifically chosen for them. Their destined mate is in fact the person who makes the golden lines glow. This is their second chance mate but the one who the moon goddess actually chose." I say, reading out loud.

"Oh my gosh." I say under my breath.

Ryder is the mate I'm supposed to be with. Without realising it I fall asleep in my chair.

I know as soon as I appear in a field surrounded by a forest that this is not an ordinary dream. I'm wearing a long white dress and when I touch my hair I find a golden wreath resting on top of perfect curls.

"Where am I." I ask, mostly to myself.

"You're in my home. The woods of the moon." A sing song voice says.

I turn around to see a women in a dress. It's white with lace sleeves that touch the ground. She's beautiful with long brown curly hair that tumbles to her waist. She has bare feet and her hair has a small silver tiara in it. Her face doesn't have a trace of make up and she has a defined face but in a good way.

"You're the moon goddess." I say.

"In one of my forms. I change as I please. This is my favourite." She says, smiling kindly at me.

"You're very beautiful." I tell her honestly.

"Thank you. You are too. White is your colour." She says.

"Oh thank you." I say, blushing. "Why am I here?"

"You are a very rare wolf. And I am rather interested in seeing how you will cope with the information you just learned." She says.

"I don't get it. Why me? And why Ryder?" I ask her.

"Please come and sit with me." She says, gesturing to the seat that is hanging from the large oak tree to the side of the field.

We go and sit down and the swing and swing lightly.

"You have been through tough times. I saw this would happen when you were born. I could tell even then when I blessed you as a child that you could learn and grow because you are strong. And why Ryder? You two fit together. I think that you two would make the perfect mates and the perfect Alpha and Alpha Female." She says.

"I don't want another mate. After James I don't really think I can go through that again." I tell her.

"The journey to happiness is one full of obstacles and things that will hurt you. But it is worth it. You my child. You will see that." She says.

"I think one rejection is enough. I don't need more heart break or hurt. It's bad enough that I'm going to lose my parents. I can't lose anything else." I tell her, trying not to think too much about my parents.

"You're right. There's always going to be something that might hurt you. But without the possibility of pain there can be no pleasure. But the decision is yours. You can put your heart on the line or you can keep it in that box." She says.

I sigh.

"I know it's a difficult decision. And you don't have to make it now. You have time. I have faith that you will make the right choice." She says, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

The image starts fading.

"Our time is up. I'm always with you my child. Remember that. No matter what decision you make." She says, pressing her lips to my forehead then the dream fades and I jolt awake.

My head slipped off my palm so my head is resting on my folded arms with the book still open in front of me.

I sit up and rub my eyes and close the book. I start carrying the books back up the stairs and one by one put them away. Soon after I've finished putting them away and I head into the kitchen. I pull some leftover pasta out of the fridge and heat it up. I quickly eat my dinner and put the dishes in the dishwasher and decide to take my wolf out for a run.

I head out to the woods and quickly slip off my clothes and hide them in a hollow tree then change into my wolf. I sprint off and after a few hours I watch the sun set. I decide it's time to head back. I change from my wolf form when I reach the tree where I put my clothes and slip them on.

I head inside and find Elliot, Connor and Claudia.

"Finally." Connor mumbles.

"What's up peps?" I ask them.

"How was your study date?" Claudia asks.

"What are you talking about? What study date?" I ask them, taking a seat on the couch beside Elliot and putting my feet on his lap.

"You and Ryder. What else?" Claudia asks.

"We didn't have a study date. We did some research. I don't even know the guy." I say, leaning back against the arm of the couch.

"Sure. You guys totally like each other." Claudia says, rolling her eyes.

"I'm actually really tired. I'm gonna go to bed. Night guys." I tell them. I kiss Elliot on the forehead, high five Connor and ruffle Claudia's hair. I then sprint up the stairs to my room.

When I get there I pull on my PJs and brush my teeth and hair.

I slip into bed and lie back against the pillows. My mind's still racing with what I read and so I pull out a book and read it to try and get my mind off it.

It doesn't work and I'm lying there just staring at the ceiling.

I don't think I can go through what I went through with James again. I have to try my best to stay away from him.

With that thought I fall asleep.

***********************

Hi guys. Can you please comment what you're thinking about this book. Thanks x

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

THE BLACK WOLF Από Laura Correa

Μεταφυσικές

39.6K 1.2K 21
WHEN ALESSANDRA THINKS ABOUT HER MATE, SHE IMAGINES HIM BEING A LOVING PERSON WHO WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE JUST LIKE HER BROTHER HAS SAID HE WOULD FOR HIS...
Grace Από reminisceraine

Λυκάνθρωπος

137K 6.4K 25
"What am I?" She croaks, indicating to her white fur and four legs. I smiles,"Sweetheart, your a werewolf." She growls,"No I'm not." I bow my head,"O...
Rejected Από smurfyphantom06

Λυκάνθρωπος

619K 29.6K 43
{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull sequels }} After the death of her mother Mariah thought her life was officially over, she and her brother moved back to their mo...
Second Chances Από V.D. Duke

Λυκάνθρωπος

311K 9.6K 27
Kenna has been waiting for her mate her whole life. She even saved up money for a getaway once she found him. When her twenty first birthday arrives...