Time enough for love (lumity...

By Nuddy03

Amity finally found the courage to confess her feelings to Luz, only for it to end in disaster. As Amity tri... More

Confession and rejection
Confusion
Regret
Sympathy
Punishment
Fear
A plan to find mittens
Searching for Mittens
Mittens found
Stay with me
Tough talks
The times we look back on
A new guest in the boiling isles
Sleepover
Sleepover part 2
A rough day
Unrequited love
A strange encounter
The next 6 days part 1
The next 6 days part 2
Interrogation
Roses are red
Violets are blue
It's I against I
And me against you
Do it for her
That's how you know you can win
A/N
Battle at Blight manor
A tortured past
Amity's mind
A dreaded message
This chapter may be ending
Easter special (non canon)
But the story is just beginining
Christmas special (canon)
Sequel out!!

Meteor shower

1.1K 33 226
By Nuddy03

Amity POV
I was slumped down against the wall, my knees pulled up to my chest and tears flowing from my eyes. I had ruined everything again. Me and Luz were still close after she rejected me the first time but I just had to push my luck, couldn't just accept the truth and instead I let myself get my stupid hopes us all over again.

After a few minutes Zoe arrived and she sat down next to me. She didn't say anything, didn't try and get me to tell her what happened, she just sat down next to me and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I threw myself at her and began sobbing uncontrollably. I gripped onto her tightly and she wrapped her arms around me in a caring hug.

After a few minutes that felt like hours Im able to calm down a little and wipe my eyes and look at Zoe, who offers a warm smile.
"You look like you needed that." She says warmly.

I nod and give a small smile. "Do you want to talk about anything, anything at all?" She asks.

"Yeah, I want to talk about it." I respond. I take a deep breath. "I asked Luz to the meteor shower." I admit.

"Well I'm guessing from the situation we find ourselves in the response wasn't an overwhelming yes." She jokes. I glare at her "too soon?" She says awkwardly. I nod.

"She rejected me, again, which I should've expected." I say defeatedly.

"Well I mean your feelings make you do things that aren't exactly logical." Zoe says.

"I just wish I could just do things that don't ruin my friendships with the people I care about."

"Well then you know what forget about Luz." Zoe says. "How about you go to the meteor shower with me. It could help you get your mind off everything."

I look up at her. "You really think so?" I ask.

She nods "yeah definitely the shower will be awesome it'll be a nice break from everything."

I nod slowly and give a small smile "okay I'll go with you tomorrow." She kisses my cheek.

"See you then." She walks away and I blush slightly.

Luz POV
"Okay so we're all good with the plan." I say to Willow and Gus who both nod.

"Where's Zoe?" Gus asks.

"She texted me, she had to go do something, family emergency or something." I answer. "She said she won't be able to help, but we still have us 3 so we're fine."

"Do you really think this will work?" Willow asks. "I mean Nick was able to beat both Edric and Emira with little trouble."

"In that case he had the cover of the trees but with you here that'll stop being an advantage." I say confidently "plus we have the element of surprise and a 3 to 1 advantage. We've definitely got this."

"So going over the plan one more time." Gus says. "We wait for him to get back from teaching and try and wrap him up with vines and subdue him." I nod. "And if that doesn't work?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders "we improvise."

Gus shakes his head "I hate this plan."

"Well it's the best we have." I say annoyed. "We will do it tomorrow okay." They both nod their heads.

Willow gets a text in her scroll and looks at it with confusion clear on her expression.

"What is it Willow?" Gus asks.

"Oh just that Amity says she's staying at Skara's tonight and to let Luz know." She answers.

"Why didn't she just text Luz directly?" Gus asks.

"She could still be mad at me for accusing Nick." I respond. "Still I didn't realise it was so bad she couldn't even text me." I say defeatedly.

"Well when we capture and prove Nick is guilty it'll be fine." Willow says.

"Yeah." I respond "you're right."

Amity POV
I arrived at Skara's and we made our way up to her room.
"Thanks again for letting me stay here Skara." I say.

"It's okay Amity, though I gotta admit I'm a little surprised, we only made up like today and now you wanna sleepover." She jokes.

"I just...didn't wanna go back to the owl house today." I say quietly.

"Did something happen between you and Luz?" She asks.

I nod solemnly "she didn't want to go to the meteor shower with me and now I don't know if we're even going to be friends still." I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh my Titan Amity in so sorry." Skara says apologetically "I was so confident she liked you."

"People keep saying that!" I say frustratedly "but every time they're wrong. I get my hopes up and I just get crushed again." Tears now fully fall from my eyes. Skara wraps her arms around me and I cry into her embrace.

"I wish I knew how to cheer you up." Skara says defeatedly.

"Well I'm going with Zoe to the meteor shower now instead so thats something at least." I say with a forced smile.

"Yeah the shower will be amazing so hopefully you'll be able to take your mind of Luz."

"Speaking of the meteor shower" I say raising an eyebrow "did you ask Boscha?"

Skara flushes red "y-yeah I did."

"Awwwww" I tease "Skara and Boscha sitting in a tree." I begin to sing "K.I.S.S.I.N"

"Okay that's enough." Skara says as she grows as red as a tomato. I pout at her silently asking her to let me finish. She rolls her eyes "fine."

"G." I say quickly.

"What time are you meeting Zoe?" Skara asks clearly wanting to change the subject.

"Me and her are gonna meet up after schoo-" I suddenly gasp as the demonic symbols appear in Skara's eyes. I jump back and see a figure dash past the window.

"Woah are you okay?" Skara asks me concerned.

"Yeah yeah." I lie "I'm just tired."

"Well i already had dinner since I know you don't like to eat much so do you want to try and get some sleep?" She asks politely. 

"Yeah I will thanks." I lay down in the sleeping bag Skara had gotten out for me and drifted into unconsciousness.

Time skip

I once again find myself in the basement, the shadowy figures surrounding me screeching my name. They seem angry, impatient. I look down at my hands and the symbol is burning on each palm. I look at the wall and in the previously empty chains I see my brother, sister, Viney, Jerbo and Dr Venat.

I gasp loudly as I sit up quickly almost head butting Skara. "Woah woah calm down it was just a nightmare." The girl says.

I steady my breathing as Skara helps me to my feet as we get ready for school.

Time skip
School today had been tough. Not only was I doing my best to avoid Luz and her friends but Boscha at one point was giving me trouble but was dragged away by Skara. Mattholomule had given me a perverted look at lunch. He pointed at me then to himself and start air thrusting which made me violently uncomfortable but Zoe had glared at him and he quickly looked elsewhere.

Another thing that had made the day hard had been the symbol popping up almost constantly. I had seen it in my books, on the board sometimes on other people.

When the day finally came to an end Zoe came up to me with a smirk on her face. "Hey you ready to have some fun?"

"The meteor shower isn't for a few hours." I say.

She rolls her eyes before looking back at me "cmon let's have a wander, go to the market, mess with some people ya know let off some steam."

"Well it could be fun I suppose."

"That's the spirit." Zoe grabs my hand which makes me blush a little and we run off towards town, she was right I wasn't even thinking about Luz.

Luz POV
Me, Gus and Willow were in position. We had asked Nick to come to the owl house after school and now we were waiting on the path, hidden from sight.

We saw him approaching and we're getting ready to launch our attack but he stopped along the path. He looked around suspiciously, he must've known something was up. To be expected from a formerly military soldier.

I give the signal to willow and I slam a plant glyph onto the ground and vines start racing towards Nick.

His eyes widen and he jumps back but Willow's vines are waiting for him and his ankle get wrapped up by the vines.

Me, willow and Gus all rush at him but he draws a spell circle in the air and 3 clones of him appear and charge at us while he works on freeing himself.

Willow casts another spell and vines destroy the clone, I use an ice glyph to send an icicle into the clone.

Gus on the other hand summons clones of his own to distract the Nick clone.

Nick for his part had escaped the vines and rolled forward and tripped me up before rolling backwards and using his hands to push himself off the ground.

Nick casts another spell circle and 6 clones appear and rush at the 3 of us, two clones to each.

As me and willow use our magic to dispatch the clones quickly Gus has more trouble, no illusion he summons seems to be strong enough to dispatch the clones.

I look back to where Nick was but he seems to have disappeared.

Suddenly I hear Gus cry out, I look back to see him fall to the ground with Nick standing above, seemingly appearing behind him, appearing from thin air.

"An invisibility spell" willow yells. Nick Is standing with his hand in a chopping form, he must've hit Gus on a pressure point that knocked him out.

Willow summons more vines to rush at Nick and I use fire glyphs to throw balls of fire his way, however he avoids them all easily and gets close to me before judo throwing me over his shoulder. I hit the ground hard and let out a large gasp.

He then avoids more vines sent by willow before drawing a spell circle and growing in height exponentially. He towers over us being about the size of the owl house and attempts to grab me and willow.

I slam an ice glyph in his hand and his hand begins to freeze. He flinches back and me and willow send massive vines to start wrapping around his legs.

He draws another spell circle and returns to normal size. He rushes at us and puts me in a choke hold.

"Luz stop this I don't want to fight you." He pleads.

"Why not you were fine with fighting the twins." I retort before stamping on his foot and elbowing his ribs which makes him losing his grip and I scamper away.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Don't play dumb with me I know you've been working with the Blight parents." I yell.

A look of what seems to be genuine confusion washes over the veteran. "I have no idea what the hell you're taking about."

Growing frustrated I slam more plant glyphs on the ground but he manoeuvres through the vines easily, getting close to willow and hitting her on the side of the neck and she falls to the ground unconscious.

"No!" I yell as I use more ice glyphs to send massive icicles flying towards the illusion master but he avoids them, summons 2 clones and rushes at me.

Just as he was about to reach me a massive beam of magic hits the ground in-front of him, destroying the clones and sending him flying back.

I turn to see my mentor, holding her staff with an expression of absolute fury in her eyes. "What on Titan do you think you're doing Nick."

He staggered to his feet "I was defending myself after these kids attacked me. I don't want to fight you eda." He pleads.

"That's pretty understandable Nick." Eda says as she flies with blitzing speed behind Nick. "I wouldn't want to fight me either." His eyes dart back and he tries to block and Eda's staff slam into him and he is sent flying into a tree.

He struggles to his feet and summons 2 dozen clones to rush at eda.

The owl lady used the range of magic blasts, fire and ice to destroy the clones. However Nick is able to get up close and lands a hard hit to Eda's stomach. She doubles over and Nick sweeps her feet up and follows up with a slam to her torso and she hits the ground with a thud.

Eda rolls to her feet and smacks Nick in the chin with her staff. He staggerers back and draws a spell circle and the whole area becomes engulfed in darkness.

I hear groans of pain from eda but then one from Nick and the darkness dissipates and both fighters are covered in bruises and scrapes. Bloods running from their mouths.

"You won't beat me Nick." Eda calls out. "You only have illusion magic, that'll only take you so far."

"Maybe so but I was still the emperor's chosen successor." He says as his body disappears into mist. "So I still have a few tricks up my sleeve." He appears behind Eda and uses what Luz recognises as a taser on eda who cries out before falling to the ground. "You really didn't think I'd bring some human tools with me?"

"Eda!" I rush at Nick who raises his guard, suddenly a bunch of other me's appear at my sides and I look to see Gus, conscious again drawing a spell circle.

I dodge between the Luz's and get close to Nick who is poofing away the clones. I jump at his face and tap two light glyphs and shine them in his eyes.

Nick staggers back and his suddenly tangled in vines. I glance over to see Willow panting while holding her arm out. As Nick struggles against his restraints, Eda drags her self to her feet and casts a sleep spell on Nick who slumps down unconscious.

"Alright so is anyone going to explain what on Titan is going on!" Eda demands.

I sigh as I begin explaining as we take Nick inside.

Time skip
Amity POV
Me and Zoe had a fun day and were now standing atop a snowy mountain top, gazing at the stars in the night sky.

I turn to face Zoe who's eyes were sparkling with awe. "The stars are so beautiful."

"You're acting like you've never gone stargazing before." I tease.

She looks down at the ground "I don't get out a lot at night."

"Well thank you for today, this was amazing." I say before looking at the sky and seeing the demonic symbol burning in the sky.

I stagger back and fall over. "You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah just saw the symbol in the sky." I admit.

"Well if you look at the sky now you'll see something much better." Zoe says.

She helps me to my feat and I gaze in wonder at the sky to see the beautiful display of meteors falling through the star filled sky.

We stare at the sky as the meteors fall. As they end I look at Zoe "that was beautiful."

"They're not the only thing." Zoe say smiling, love clear in her eyes.

Zoe placed a hand on my face and slowly leaned in. I opened my mouth slightly and she sealed the gap and placed her lips onto mine. It was a soft but passionate kiss.

I leaned into the kiss and it felt like electricity was racing through me but then a sudden image of a heartbroken Luz popped into my mind and I pulled away with a gasp.

"What's wrong?" Zoe asks, looking disappointed.

"I-I shouldn't have done that." I stutter.

"Why not?" Zoe says with pain in her voice.

"Look Zoe you're great but we can't- I can't- I just." I couldn't seem to find the words I was looking for.

"It's because of Luz isn't it." She says, tears stinging her eyes.

"Zoe" I say reaching my hand out but she looks away.

"Oh no I understand." She says, voice cracking "why be with someone who cares and loves you when you can instead pine over someone who has rejected you twice?" Tears now fully steaming down her face.

"Zoe please." I try and reach to her again but she steps back.

"I'm going home." She says bluntly as she turns away and runs off into the distance.

I look down at my hand and see the symbol burning into my hand. I close my fist, I need to figure out what's up with that I'm going to Bligjt manor. But first...

I need to find Luz

Authors note: hello everyone, I'm back. I took a little break from publishing just so I could get a few chapters ahead and work out an actual schedule.

I will be publishing a chapter of this every Friday so now you guys have something to look forward to.

Hope you enjoyed, see you next week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 223 23
What if the group never escaped to the Human Realm? What if they defeated the Collector and brought peace to the Isles? What if Luz fixed the portal...
77.8K 2.1K 44
17 year old Luz Noceda never expected to go to Hexide High, one of the biggest schools in the country. She wanted to start over fresh after her bad e...
527 13 6
This story plays before Season 2 of The Owl House and Luz and Amity are a bit older. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters nor the artwork! ...
72.8K 1.6K 28
══ "you steal everything from me, the beat from my heart, the breath from my lungs, the thoughts from my mind, - yet i only want you to steal more."...